Pokemon Go thread? Pokemon Go Thread: Go Outside, Holla Forumsirgins Edition

betaFIELD TESTING REGISTRATION FOR POKEMON GO IS UP
pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/

serebii.net/pokemongo/

Pokemon Go is a Pokemon AR game developed by Niantic Labs, the Ingress guys. Basically you run around autistically in real life with your phone looking for Pokemon and "capturing gyms" for one of three teams. It is very much Ingress with Pokemon, and looks like it could be somewhat fun.

I'll probably be playing it during the beta and I imagine some of you faggots may want to be aware that beta registration is up for this as well, because Pokeymans. I figured it a courtesy for those people since I don't see a thread. some of you may even like AR shit for all I know

As always, Nintendo is ready to disappoint me

It'd be way less pretentious just to not say anything

It is kinda shitty, they could at least give people some meaningless certificate for betatesting the game for them

First pic related and now this? Does nintendo really want to break into this demography this badly?

Miitomo was great for the first two weeks after it released though

I just want to play the fucking game

Kill you'reself OP

By all means tell this to all your friends. Let's crash this company as fast as we can!

I'd rather see nintendo adapt and try new things rather than play Zelda 32: Some fucking rehashed bullshit

Stay mad

Let me guess, this one also doesn't run on rooted devices?

Only the best goyim are allowed to enjoy nintendo products!

Same shit. Not that I would actually go outside holding my phone up to things to catch pokemon anyway.

I'm iffy on it. Plus, I don't have a smartphone anyway.

Considering last I checked Ingress works on rooted devices, chances are probably good that this works on rooted devices as well.

WOAH SO FUCKING NEW THANK YOU BASED NINTENDO FOR THIS ORIGINAL AND INNOVATIVE CONCEPT CANT WAIT TO PLAY IT AS I WAIT FOR THE NEWEST AND MOST BESTEST ZELDO GANE THERE IS

Have you played invizimals?

You had a terrible camera, had to set down cards and none of designs were interesting or made you want to collect them.

How am I moving the goalposts?

You're comparing a game that sucked to something that has never been tried and has barely any info out.

I'm not even saying Pokemon Go is going to be good, but regardless, I want to try it because I like the idea.

Jesus Christ nigger come on

OP made the point to mention it's a reskin of another game.

you're both retards, the pokemon company doesn't have anything to do with nintendo, they've even released mobile apps way beforehand even

That's inherently wrong.
I think you mean to say they are a separate entity.

Hardly a reskin, the only similarity is the location stuff, that's it

I think it would be most accurate to say that it looks like it runs on the same engine as Ingress, and if you wanted to be super cynical about it, it would be more comparable to a mod than a reskin.

Even the promo vid is reminiscent of the Ingress promo vid.

Are you actually retarded?

How about you learn to post like an adult instead of greentexting stuff that makes no sense?

What are you talking about

Fair enough I guess

The promo vid is so multicultural. They even have an interracial couple where the man is black and the woman is white. And they have a nigger baby too. So progressive!

Well, Niantic did start out internally as part of Google before becoming an independent company, so take of that what you will.

Don't worry, user. I don't think Jinx will peg your Mr. Mime on screen in front of you for great cultural enrichment.