DC Announces Batman/Wonder Woman Book

This is just gonna be Superman/Wonder Woman 2.0, isn't it?

archive.is/DlNzg

I want the New 52 back. At least there wasn't this much Batman dick-sucking back then.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/XFAVj
twitter.com/AnonBabble

*as there is in Rebirth now.

So it's just Trinity without Superman?

Pretty much.

I can't see this selling well at all unless they put in Batman/Wonder Woman romance and start marketing it to WonderBat shippers or whatever the fuck they call themselves. Wonder Woman fans will go ballistic and refuse to read this shit on principle because sexism or something, Batman fans don't have any interest in WW and would rather read 'Tec or whatever and if you want the two interacting, you have Trinity or Justice League.

And as SM/WW proved, a crossover shipping book is a losing strategy. Particularly with BM/WW, which doesn't have anywhere near the amount of fans Superman/Wonder Woman do.

Oh, for fuck's sake. I'd be okay with another Superman/Batman book to keep the tradition of World's Finest alive and because I wanna see another series with Superman/Batman-level bantz again, but this just screams "we're trying really hard to push Wondie and suck Batman's dick." There's really no reason for this to exist when we've got Trinity.

Wow, that part of the seabed is really busy. Two sunken ships from the Age of Sail, drums of generic pollution and three different kinds of kryptonite.

One of the few things I hated about Justice League and JLU.

I was honestly surprised that they're still around. I figured that ship was basically dead after the DCAU ended, since virtually nobody else referenced it, aside from Rucka's retarded stint during Blackest Night and that JLA one-shot by Kelly. Before JL/JLU, I don't think Wonder Woman and Batman even spoke to each other all that much unless they were with Superman, which makes the attempts to build some kind of friendship between them all the more retarded.

Hey, DCAU had its own take on a lot of characters. I liked that one.

It made no sense for Batman/Wonder Woman to be a thing. She has zero problems killing people, and he never kills people. She's immortal, he's mortal. Hell, Superman/Wonder Woman made more sense, which is why they are constantly being shipped when Lois isn't in the picture.

Also as far as I was aware, Batman and Catwoman are getting married in the comics. Do you think they will kill Catwoman to force this?

Catwoman is also an amoral bitch. Also doesnt mind killing people, stealing, and the consequences of her actions as long as she is paid.

She only goes with batman on a superficial “cover of a romance book” way.

It's interesting because they're different. Superman and Wonder Woman together is fucking BORING.

Eh, you're thinking too much of the 90's catwoman. Many forget that Rebirth is just a continuation of New 52. Basically, Catwoman, even when she was running the mob forced people to not kill. Bruce has little issues with thievery, when people don't get hurt. That's more of a job for the police, he's more concerned with preventing the murders and the psychos. Likewise, Batman and Catwoman had chemistry all the way back since the 60's. They weren't written for each other, but they did go well together thanks to the actors.

I wouldn't say they are interesting at all. I find Steve Trevor and Wonder Woman far more interesting. I find Superman and Wonder Woman logical. I find Batman and Wonder Woman insane.

Since when? She's a thief, not a murderer.
When did you stop reading Bats books?

Bingo on both counts. As I remember it in the DCAU, Diana was another of Bats' rookie paramours. They routinely both intrigued and vexed each other over how they approached things. Closer to the endgame, you could even see Bruce stop making excuses for himself and see how he could be made happier. As we see in Beyond, however, either he couldn't get past his initial hangups or the Robin incident worsened them, and so he wound up bitter and alone in his mansion.

She's been shown to kill plenty. Not to sociopathic levels or anything, but every once in a while she gets her own Punisher-esque story where she kills bad men because they're bad.

The weird thing is that this might not just be an result of movie synergy, but also because the editorial that handles Batman's comics now handle Wonder Woman as well. Supposedly at Rucka's demand because WW has a bad history of being a character mainly driven by editorial edicts.

Not if DC wants to keep Tom King happy.

Well, I guess if you take away 90% of what makes up catwoman, and then polish all her edges off, then sure.

What I mean

I didn't even mean that. She doesn't go out of her way to kill people, but she kills people by a side process of her stealing shit.
For instance, she stole important files from Gotham in the No Mans Land arc of Batman which ended up fucking up so much shit and giving Lex Luthor a Major edge.

I know its Videogame shit, but thats just another example. In the Recent telltale game, she steals shit from Wayne which in the long run fucks over and gets so many people hurt, but your sexing it up with her because "Well shes similar in style to batman so whatever".
She is a BAD person. She is similar to Batman in a Carnal Superficial way but is a BAD person.

Shes Molotov Cocktease to Batmans Brock Samson.

Worse then that really. Again it's a skin-deep appraisal that they go together.

Superman is a caring, attentive, very down to earth kinda guy.
Wonder Woman at her best was bland. But in general she is catty, bitchy, self-righteous, above it all, snob.

They are just similar in power set, but polar opposites in terms of personality.

Wonder Woman, In general, has a real identity and character problem.

To call her a bad person is an over simplification. She is, generally, selfish, but she has gone out of her way in the past to save people. She most certainly isn't a villain, but she isn't a hero either. She's kind of a unintentional anti-hero, similar to Deathstroke in that regard.

I was hoping that, with all the praise the movie was getting, we'd at least get a strong personality from her and have "quintessential" version. But her personality in the movie was pretty non-existent behind "I wanna do good things"

Which is why she's generally considered part of Batman's group in a pinch. Things have to be pretty bad to consider her help, but help is there when needed. If not always wanted.

Oh boy. So the saga of Wonder Woman's insubstantial personality continues. You'd think it wouldn't be that hard, considering they managed to make PG a fun character beyond the funbags.

I'm pretty sure Tom King is just trolling fans at this point. His Batman run is fucking awful on every level and he managed to make Batman a complete cuck to prop up Catwoman, by writing him as some emo faggot who needs her because "broken love" or something. It's like writers in the past 10 years forgot that Batman is supposed to be a stoic paragon of justice but whenever Catwoman shows up, all that is thrown out the window. It'd be OK for Batman to flirt with Catwoman and try to redeem her, as long as he does his fucking job by throwing her ass in jail for committing crimes.

Superman has always had shit love interests, though. I mean Lois Lane is the most prominent and half her personality is that she's a bitch who treats people like doormats.

Is wonder woman immediately improved if you make her blonde or redhead?

Go leave and get fucked

They just need someone who can do a PG for her- rewrite her entire personality to make her someone you can relate to rather than generic good guy heroine. Of course, that's easier said than done, especially these days.

Wonder Woman will never be not a shit character because her fanbase is comprised of nutjobs who throw a shitfit the moment WW is shown as something less than perfect and eternally whinge about how everyone mistreats the character.

I mean shit, Brian Azzarello single-handedly made the character readable again while keeping her true to the original in terms of personality and people were ready to crucify him because he made the Amazons something other than saints.

Get fucked, loser. New 52 was no worse than the garbage we're getting now and were getting Pre-Flashpoint.

Was he the author of Amazons Attack? Because that was poorly executed.

I'm surprised she has any fans.

She's only around still because she's attractive, one of the heavier hitters, and has a few useful things in her arsenal like the lasso of truth that other people don't have. I desperately WANT to be a Wonder Woman fan, but there's never anything there as a character to grab onto for any length of time. The best version of her I've seen was in Justice League: War, and that's no only a divisive movie, there's also no other comics where she acts like that. Pick up any fucking comic and she's completely different from the last one.

……Sooo? If I fuck up South Korea by selling Nuclear launch codes to North Korea, but then also save some kids later Im not a good person (Ignoring really shitty "Best Korea" jokes for the moment).

A greedy asshole, doesn't stop being a greedy asshole because he does some minor saving sometimes. Listed things she has genuinely done in the stories. Not overtly maliciously, but all things that caused great suffering on a LARGE scale because of her greed, and apathy towards the results of her actions.
Doesn't make her a bad character, but she is a bad person.

She's a character that's built up to have an arc but isn't allowed to have one. That arc is "Huh, I guess Im wrong and maybe living on a cushy island isn't good for me or my people, my ancestors where wrong"
But that would cause feminist rage that would end the world.

no he was the writer for the new 5 run.

*new 5
new 52 my bad.

The New 52 run was alright but I don't remember it giving her much character. But it's been a minute since I last read it, so I could be wrong.

How about DC announces just a Batman book. Just one. Where he fights crime with detective work and gadgets with "bat" prefixed to the name. Not any drama shit, like betrayal by childhood friends, surprise marriages, centuries old conspiracies, or attempted murders, just simple Sherlock Holmes stuff in tights.

Can we get that, please?

The Brave And The Bold: Batman And Wonder Woman
A new six-issue miniseries from DC Comics
#1 in stores February 21, 2018
archive.fo/XFAVj

Heh