New York Times actually compares Trump to Chávez to try and denounce Trump...

New York Times actually compares Trump to Chávez to try and denounce Trump. How did the New York Times get the idea that associating Trump with a popular liberator of the proletariat in Venezuela would make Trump look bad? Are they trying to get Trump elected? Are they really that clueless?

tomorrow they'll call him an anarcho-monarchist with sino-soviet theocratic-traditionalist tendencies to shill for hillary

doesnt mean i support him tho

when are the leftists going to go full accelerationist and vote for trump

the sooner this happens the better

Those red "Make America Great Again" berets look awesome.

I need to get one.

They'll be MY campaign hat. Or maybe a red Lenin cap with "Make America Great Again" written on it.

In the mind of Americans Fascism and Communism both = muh genocidal dictatorships

See

Combined with the usual disdain the chattering classes have for anything that smacks of "populism", i.e. if the unwashed masses support it, it's probably bad

So if Trump is already being called the Putin/Assad/Saddam/Mussolini/Gaddafi/Berlusconi/chavez/cobra commander of the U.S. what despotic world leader is he going to be compared to next?

But probably someone from North Korea's Kim dynasty

Commercial media is absolute shit at political analysis. When they make these comparisons, it's much more about rhetoric than political intention.

Just look at all the people who call Duterte "the Trump of the East". It's fucking ridiculous.

Don't believe the bourgeois propaganda, comrade. Korea is a truly democratic society.

This. For trying to explain the political and governmental situation in the Philippines (even mentioning the Discovery documentary showing the level of power the drug lords have in the country) and telling somebody the steps that Duterte has undertaken to remedy it, I was compared to a Trump supporter in person. It looks like most of the West is just focusing on his demeanor in foreign affairs. It doesn't help that the so called first hand information that the West receives is being leaked out by Duterte's political opponents.

I can't add anything of value so I will give an opinion instead.

Every time I hear/read about politics, specially american/international politics, it feels so surreal like I'm being told some vastly distorted/incomplete story after it as been spread by word of mouth several times over.I get dizzy and move to another topic.

Feels like at some point I unknowingly crossed into the "reality" of "reality shows" where everything is psychologically optimized to obtain whatever reaction, but I can't for the life of me grasp at the overarching theme or objective.So It feels surreal and bizarre.

Because of the constant smear campaign they've been subjecting Chavez to for the past two decades.

Kony2016

socially progressive neoliberals now run their parents (somewhat older socially progressive neoliberals) businesses, more at 11

Trump really does have shades of Mussolini though

tbh this just makes me want to vote for him more

Are americans really this retarded?

If anyone is wondering why there are articles comparing Trump to the dead guy from Sabaneta: have you tried reading them?

The content of the article is irrelevant to what comparing Trump to Chávez implies when one is class conscious.

They're obviously referring to Chávez's attitude during his presidency (but not before his presidency), where he basically just yelled "[..]ism fuck yeah" and used "bad/strong words" and easier language to be more relatable to "the people"

The Berlusconi one is correct though

What you're experiencing is the result of decades of think-tank funded studies into psychological manipulation.

my plan