How have I not seen a single fucking word on here about this movie? It's been out for a month

How have I not seen a single fucking word on here about this movie? It's been out for a month.

Not a spectacular movie, but it's a fun dose of nostalgia if you played the games, and a solid kids movie even if you haven't

I didn't even know there was a movie

it's utter garbage

a true testament to the lack of creativity coming out of insomniac and the immense jewery of sony

hobbled together from cutscenes from the 'remaster' of the original with awful writing, animation and bottom of the barrel humour

they shit on a game i liked as a kid and i'm pissed etcetcetc

It's definitely the best video game movie in existence so far. Too bad it didn't come out two years ago or so. Instead it's going to be trampled into a footnote by the WoW movie and AssCreed.

I heard it's utter and shit, while Angry Birds is surprisingly good (for a video game adaptation).

Because we had these threads when it came out and people came to the same conclusion you did, so there was no point in talking about it.

It might get a following once it's out on DVD and streaming, but it was a passable kids' comedy movie with no promotion released at the worst possible time. I don't know what Sony were thinking with that date. Either way one of the better vidya movies and a decent adaptation of the source material. But if you're not an exceptional feels-based animated movie these days, nobody will sing your praises.

That's a surefire sign it's complete garbage.
I did play the game associated with it and that too was pretty shit. Made me replay R&C1 again though and fun times were had.

Honestly that the movie wasn't good enough means I really do think we'll never shake the game movie curse. This was a solid adaptation but at best it's still just an unremarkable film, despite getting a lot of the source material's names attached.

As for Warcraft, even if it's decent I expect it'll bomb. A fantasy movie combined with the stigma of a video game adaptation means people will need more convincing than with
most movies to consider seeing it.

And Assassin's Creed? Well Prince of Persia looked alright in the trailers, and look how that turned out. We should have got a game-changer this year, but these movies don't seem like they've put the effort in to set the world on fire.

You wanna know something funny (i'm kidding, it's not):

The french VA of R&C of the PS2 era were just perfect, there's no other word, it's rare to have good french VA in vidyas even nowadays. Well, for the movie, they ditched the voices actors that have been there since 2002 and replaced them by fucking YOUTUBERS à la Pewdiepie, and a random TV host.

So from now on, here, the franchise will be seen by people as a childish game associated by Internet culture. That is also very shitty because the movie flopped hard in theaters.

Thanks Sony.

I understand that the movie was a low-budget piece, and that's why it's not being released in so many places, but jesus fucking christ, I only knew this movie was out because Holla Forums talked about it when the movie was confirmed and have been following since.

Yeah only reason I knew to check my local theater was because I kept googling the release date each time I remembered the game, and by extension the movie, was coming out.

user, R&C have WANTED to be le internet culture for several years already.

Meant to add, hopefully they won't abandon the Sly Cooper movie like they did this one.

**Holy fuck, the budget was only 20 million. What the fucking fuck Sony, that should have been about your entire advertising budget.

It was a fun movie. The jokes were pretty dull but the setting was extremely interesting and for a movie made on a shoestring budget it was delightful to look at.

The biggest flaw with the movie was that there was virtually no character development whatsoever. We barely got to know anybody and their motivations seemed almost non-existent. Not a big deal at all if you're a fan of the games and you've known all these characters for the last decade, but I can imagine a casual movie-goer would have a huge problem with it. I'm sure the game deals with that problem a lot better than the movie did, but I digress.

I think, yeah, this movie will definitely gain a cult following when it comes out on DVD and streaming. But released sandwiched between The Jungle Book and Zootopia? A bad time for it to be out.

Of course, I didn't expect much from the company handling the Ghostbusters reboot.

(Checked)

I enjoy R&C but stop being autists, this change is obviously needed. They aren't going to pander to you manchildren, but actual children. Just like they did when they released the originals.

Yeah but think about the performance: They made a better movie out of a moblie app (with no lore/background whatsoever) than with a 14 years old franchise.

Like it or not, Angry Birds is a game. It even passes the nearly completely arbitrary "fail states and win states" argument people put out.

Yet they went full Freenium with the 2, it's laughable

Angry Birds 2 is also a game. So is Angry Birds Star Wars.

it's the game's cutscenes though

there's more in the game

and they're better

They ruined the characters and turned them on PC zombies.

Could you have made a better film out of such a pile of shit?

It's a turd, but all things considered it is the most polished turd that Dreamworks could have made given the IP involved.

Is the Angry Birds movie red-pilled like people thought it was going to be?

you live in best korea?

Don't care about the movie, the game reboot was pretty good though. Worth the budget price they were asking for sure for me.

What about Angry Birds Rio?

*Sony Pictures Imageworks

Yes.

I'm shocked they sold it at a budget price considering how good the production values are. Sure it didn't remake all the levels, but it doesn't feel like a budget game, and I doubt they'll be making any add-ons for it aside from the dumb Bouncer pre-order bonus.

yes

What's red-pilled mean in the context of the Angry Birds movie?

Also if you don't want to get drunk with the Goblin, Hobgoblin and Dwarf while the Minotaurus, Amazoness and Orc pillow fight then you have mental problems.

just ask Holla Forums or startpage, user.

The game might get a sequel though, since it sold like halal hotcakes after Ramadan.

I live in Norway.

Hmm, not sure what to think of that idea. If they're doing a follow-up to this I at least hope they exclude the movie from continuity and just go for a straight remake of R&C 2 or 3. And if they go with 3, please don't replace the Q-Force with the rangers from the movie.

Pixels was great! >:(

You could just combine the Q-Forces.

Fox is such a little whore

Is that Invader Zim?

Sounds more like the voice actor from billy and mandy

The series should have stopped with Deadlocked, probably even Up Your Arsenal. It was bound to be memey though. It used a lot of the already existing jokes and humor back then, and it's just doing the same now.

After you said that, I thought they might all be the same person. And they are. His name is Richard Steven Horvitz. Additionally, he was one of the Angry Beavers.

He's also Raz from the last good Schafer game.

It was the last good Shafer product, but it wasn't good as a game. The gameplay itself is really shit.

Any asswipe could have

Angry Birds is about fucking nothing. It doesn't have any semblance of story, plot, or lore, so you can do literally anything with it.

It's a blank slate with the added bonus of brand recognition.

Compare that to something like R&C where you've got to come up with something that stays true to the original games' backstory and characters while still making something that works well on the big screen, something that 90% of video game adaptations have failed miserably at.

Piggybacking on his comment, I wouldn't actually be surprised if the Angry Bird movie ends up being decent/good. It's got so little that you have to make sure is that it had birds chucking themselves at pig buildings.

The combat was shit. The platforming and powers were fun to play with, but it needed work in a lot off areas (camera was flakey but not to the point of unplayability, some of the powers were useless.)