Return of WAR

returnofreckoning.com/

I only just found about this, so I know fuck all about it.

Sadly, I only got into the game a year or so before they shut it down, so I didn't have a lot of experience playing it, but now that there's T4 shit in the game, I figured I'd give it a shot.

Anyone here playing it too?

No one?

I wouldn't mind trying it out.

how has this not been c&d'd by games workshop yet holy shit

Official servers got shut down ages ago and this isn't getting any money whatsoever, so why would they give a shit?

But chances are that they don't it even exists.

gw isn't exactly known for their live and let live kind of approach to people doing anything with their IP without paying

This. Theyve had fanart pulled from DA for fuck sakes
Theyre the CAD of gaming

Is this exaggeration or has this actually happened?

I remember reading somewhere that GW doesnt even allow tattoos because making it involves a third party.

Bad news for this guy.

That's not even the worst thing they've done.

The only way GW communicates with it's customers is through it's print-only magazine. They have no facebook or twitter or anything like that. Because on their old forums people talked about things they didn't like. For example a fictional race in their universe called "squats" which were scrubbed from the cannon of the universe and banned from any and all discussion because of reasons.

So after effectively severing all communication with their customers they doubled down on their company philosophy of never allowing any non-GW stores who sell their product to advertise.

My FLGS routinely has to put up posts that go like this:

"so we all ready the internet and we know GW are releasing product X within a few weeks. I'd love to tell you about it and when you can purchase it, but I'm not allowed. They refuse to allow me to communicate this with you. Even though we all know it's coming out next friday."

GW also used to take people to court for using images of their products to advertise them on their websites. Like people selling space marines were taking to court for having a picture of the space marine box/contents on their website where they were selling it.

GW are a very very stupid company kept afloat by nintendonian levels of fanboyism.

it wasnt a good game

this really amazes me given the quality of some of the garbage they put out
what are they even trying to protect at this point

The game had potential but it was very very rushed and lacked a lot of balance and end-game content.

Also destruction severely outnumbered order and they didnt do anything to fix it.

it had some nice ideas but leveling wasnt enjoyable nor was playing it really

everything just felt so drab and flavorless

Oh I'm aware of that, I'm not delusional about the quality, I just really enjoy Warhammer Fantasy in general, so I don't mind the flaws as much as the average person would.

Really, I'd much prefer if we got a decent single-player RPG set in the Warhammer Fantasy setting, before this AoS bullshit happened, because there's so many ways you could go about playing in it.

Yeah, I know about squats, that was fucking stupid.

I've only started playing it the other day around and I'm still in T1 of RvR, but I've noticed that it's more or less evenly matched now.

the first ten levels were a lot of fun

What were those "squats" exactly ?
The only interaction I had with Warhammer and 40k were through RPGs so the gamemaster usually ignored all of GW's aberation and we had our own canon but I've never heard about those squats before.

Remember the billing issues this game had? Holy shit billing people a ton of fucking times, even people who had canceled months in the past.

I wonder what happened with that in the end.

I mean, I remember some guy got his bank account drained and couldn't pay some medical bills because of it.

It all got reversed that's for sure, and it was the billing company who was responsible

Well im talking at the release (when i played it) some servers the proportion was 1 order for 4 destruction.
It was imposible to do any world PvP without getting zerged by destruction.

s-so what is this game its ded mmo? can i play as skeleton?

You know how Eldar are space Elves and Orks are space orcs?

Squats were space dwarves.

I remember really buying into the hype when this game came out and I wasn't disappointed at first. They did a good job of making the first 10-20 levels a lot of fun. But once you hit max level there was fuck all to do. The balance was really really bad, making some classes mandatory in PvP while others obsolete. Not a lot of content ever came out and the battles for the castles got stale eventually.

On a more personal note, the game never really felt "right" to me. I always felt as though my character was sliding around and never had a feeling of "sticking" to an enemy. Not sure how to describe this, it wasn't lag or anything, probably something with the engine or netcode but I don't know.

No Tomb Kings allowed (sadly).

More on the gnome side, weren't they ?

This, the beginning levels were crazy fun with loads of people do PvP all over the place

it was the only MMO I would have dropped WoW for, like fuckā€¦THAT was the WoWkiller and they ust dropped it on it'[s fucking head as a baby

I hate EA with the power of a sizzling mega dwarf star

I guess? They always just looked like dwarves to me. Big beards and short stocky fat fuckers.

As much as I love WHF, WAR was just another WoW clone with pseudo-DAoC PvP tacked on.

I can't bring myself to play this, especially in PvE for more than a few minutes.

go back to bed sushiburger

What? I have no idea who that is and it's only 6PM here.

retard detected

its awesome

Any idea on when they'll be fixing up the PQs in Tier 1?