Take Ego

Like I needed another reason to hate those cancerous films.

The GotG writers have no idea what the fuck they are doing when it comes to anything but banter. I mean Ronan the Accuser was reduced to a fucking religious Zealot in the first one.

You have to buy Holla Forums premium to sage.

Was I just less blinded by novelty the second time around or did they replace all the good dialogue from the first one with "funny because it's awkward" jokes?

I don't know much about the cosmic marvel universe, but were celestials planets? You're right that Russell refers to himself as a celestial, but in the end we find out he is the planet itself. I thought celestials were just giant space people.

I know what you mean, but I think you may be exaggerating. There is a lot more Drax banter along with Mantis and both of their shticks are hit-or-miss.

The Celestials are beings that can manipulate matter and energy. Ego manipulated molecules to form an entire planet. That's why the planet exploded when Ego's physical form, the brain of the planet, did. His human form was just an avatar he constructed.

It was so stupid. Worse than "stormcloud Galactus".

Off the top of my head MCU has fucked up

But you still have dummies saying things like "Durr they should just let Disney own everything, because otherwise we'll get wrongstuff like GALACTUS AS A STORMCLOUD HURHURHURHURHURHRURRRRR!"

Add to that list:

There are many reasons to hate these films but you had to pick the most autistic one
also
Well that explains it. >>>/reddit/

Not to mention ruining the the entire concept of the nova core. So now we don't get a dedicated energy projector for infinity war.

Oh god I'd forgotten all about that. They managed to ruin both The Mandarin and Ben Kingsley in one fell swoop.

I think the Disney XD toon did Peter's dad pretty well. Epic dick. Robbed Thor and nearly sent galaxy to war. Caught up recently. Stole a Nova planet, held children hostage, started a cult of murderous psychics from jail.

Ego was kinda shitty in toon though. Gave him a tiny head core. Got taken over.

Ultron was the worst
Instead of a horrifying cold machine with an emotionless face I got daddy issues and quips and le smirking robot face

I could forgive it if he was based on Tony's brainwaves but even then the film doesn't explain or imply that.

Makes me wonder what they had originally planned for the Mandarin.

Different doesn't mean bad. Doesn't mean good either, but a lot of this really does seem like activating the nerd virtue signal to make yourself feel superior.

Arbitrarily different is a hallmark of hack writers wanting to stroke their ego (heh) by writing an "original" story. And you're mixing it up, virtue signalling is meant to make the practitioner LOOK superior. They already feel superior.

I thought I was going to love Ultron as a villain when he first showed up in the broken robot. I thought that scene was creepy as hell. And instead they made him evil Tony Stark, and even gave the robot god damn FACIAL ANIMATIONS.

I guess my problems with Marvel changes is that…Well they blanden things up. As has been mentioned their villains often lack the charisma and stage presence their comic book counterparts do.
And overall, the Marvel Cinematic Universe is like…Well a corporate version of the Marvel comic books. Less bad then its worst bits, but also never reaches any of the highest marvel highs.
As neat as its self-aware nature was initially, it has become a passe cliche on its own, with every story being sort of story loaf. A bit of comedy, serious, some samey action.
You can't have an actual Planet Planet in a movie be a villain. Can't have a villain with no face, can't have a villain with no mouth.

Dudepeel would like a word with you.

The MCU is operating under a few restrictions.. First of which being that they have to be adapted for movies and they can't easily piled 50 years of clusterfucked comic book story into a 2 hour movie. The second being that they have to appeal to normalfags, meaning it needs to be dumbed down. Third, it's hollywood, so if they don't work in some of the shit their (((executives))) want them to have, then they get forced to change things. Fourth, they've been setting up for Infinity War for over a decade now, so they need to namedrop the celestials and other big cosmic shit ahead of time so redditors can cream themselves when they hear it in the big super crossover movie, because it makes them feel smart for paying attention to surface-level details. Lastly, China is fucking up the entire entertainment industry, so you can probably blame them too, because there's a chance they've got some absurd law about not having talking planets in their movies, so they needed to change the script, because if it doesn't play in China, then the movie is going to lose a ton of money.

He was a living planet tho.
That was just his human form.

And Ultron was still Ultron. He just had a form with a moving mouth.

We're not talking about characteristics or traits, then the argument would have merit. We're talking about a character that in the comics was a living planet to just a Celestial, which he wasn't just a Celestial. He was also a living planet.

What were they even thinking killing Ronan, he was the best villain they've had and now if they have any sense they're going to have to go through a half-assed resurrection to get him back on the roster.

Kurt Russel playing Ego was the one good thing about it - considering the circumstances. I mean they could've gotten some other dipshit actor too, but instead they got Kurt Russel.

The role was stupid but he played it great.

Dormammu was fine. Considering Strange beat him with an infinity stone, he could still come back later, and face a now more experienced Strange 1 vs 1.

Speaking of Deadpool, it's funny how making significant changes to a comic book character led to making significant changes to a comic book character

They clearly hope casting actors like Ben Kingsley and Jeff Bridges will automatically give them charisma and stage presence

Also, Strange was never able to beat Dormammu. He merely annoyed him into submission.

It's still fucking awesome and he's still a living planet.

I was happy that he was even in this movie.
Through the whole movie, everything I could think of was "Please have Dormammu".

I was actually hoping the opposite. I wanted him built up as an ethereal threat that can't be encountered directly.

It would be so easy to fuck up a big ol' CGI planet man. The concept in inherently goofy as shit.

They've killed literally every villain except Loki and Abomination, who they probably aren't going to bring back anyway.

Makes me sad that we'll never see the Leader since they hinted at him. Hell we'll never see She Hulk in all her sexy glory.