Which game did Invincibility Frames the best, and why is that game Shinobi III?

Which game did Invincibility Frames the best, and why is that game Shinobi III?

I fucking love Shinobi III

That boss scared the shit out of me when I was young

Wait Shinobi 3 has invincibility frames? I remember mobs stunlocking me to death as a kid, what the fuck.

Dark Souls 2 did it best. Earn your I Frames instead of having them handed to you

usually games with a dots of health instead of a bar of health.

Too bad tracking and SHOCKWAVES made any combat improvements pointless.

Where is the difference between health dots and health bars?

Following moves had I-Frames:

dood

Invincibility frames? Real men robots don't need no stinkin' invincibility frames!

Just an inferior version of Hagane

I played it, dude, it doesn't compare to shinobi 3. Maybe to that one with dog, but not 3.

man today's devs aren't even trying

What western games have invincibility frames?

fuckin nice, that game was great
Shinobi > Ryu Hayabusey

Hagane is just a poor man's Revenge of Shinobi.

Isn't it, though? The game is fucking gold when you do the 6-button pad cheat.

Either severance blade of darkness, in which there were none, or castlevania symphony of the night, where you could absolutely abuse the shit out of them on the magic spells but they were complex inputs and you couldn't just do them on a dime, all the time.

Some games work pretty well with a "lose health continuously while touching hurty shit" mechanic.

sounds like Mercenary Force.

Fuck I love that boss. That was one of those 16-bit era bosses that just impressed the hell out of me. I'm pretty sure I own Shinobi 3 on damn near every system I can own it on. I should work on playing the 3DS version more and see how that guy looks with 3D on.

The best ninja game.

Well, I'm sure Ninja Gaiden also has its share of I-Frame use.

M2 does amazing work no matter where they are. I honestly think you should buy it. You're not just buying a rom. I don't think so, at least.

It was the only way to survive some of the fights, especially against Ninjas with Incendiary Shurikens.

It was great.

Diablo 1.

Ah man, fuck the dogs in NG2 who spam Incendiary Shurikens off screen. You really did need to abuse the Ultimate and Obliteration techniques to get out unscathed .

Not sure if they have i-frames but Shadow of Mordor and the Batman series have terrible dodging mechanics which can be abused so hard. Compare that to say Bayonetta which has a cooldown period after 5 dodges.

Monster Hunter superman dive.

my nigga, i love ng black but shinobi was the superior ninja game back then, the arcade ninja gaiden was pretty good too

What else??

Modern game devs are you even trying?