What actual good games have come out in 2016 and what are worth looking forward to?
Let's make a list of all the games, no matter big or small.

I am personally waiting on Ace Attorney 6, Zero Time Dilemma and Yooka-Laylee. Maybe FFXV if it comes out on PC.

Haven't played anything new that came out yet, but I heard Doom isn't actually half-bad.

What else is there?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/2vno5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Also, I have some small hope for Sonic's 25th anniversary
But whatever they announce is probably gonna suck.

Whatever Falcom has released.

I'm waiting for EDF to come to PC

It's a $20/$30 value game at best, similar to TNO

Monster hunter cross is coming out in the US for us anons who don't speak anime. Not looking forward to much else personally since dank souls 3 and xcom 2 already came out

I hear star citizen and nomansky is going to be great.

also FFX/2 is now out for the PC

Pokemon Sun and Moon, but Game Freak will probably fuck it up.

Some weebshit if you're into that. Atelier Sophie and God Eater Resurrection are dropping next month. God Eater 2 and Hatsune Miku Project Diva X are releasing August 30.

How does it feel to have such shit taste?.

I never played God Eater games, what are they like?
There is one of them coming to steam, what chances of it being good port are?

I don't like atelier games too, but plain shitposting doesn't get you anything. Fuck off.

Bretty gud user. You sit down, wrap yourself in a blanket and absorb the comfy. You should try it some time.

God Eater's a hunting game in the vein of Monster Hunter, the only difference is that instead of being slow and methodical the hunts are faster and more fluid. Just a heads up, the Western release toned down the blood if that'll sway your decision on getting the game.

God Eater games are handheld games that have been ported to other systems. They'll run on a toaster. So as long as it's got AA, resolution options and allows 60fps I'm sure just about any potato could handle it.

I dig both slow and fast combat equally as long as it's in-depth.
Censorship, however, is a big turn off. I don't care much about tits and the like, but blood and gore are my favorite visual feedback features since time immemorial.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Bannerlord

Kirby: Planet Robobot
Zero Time Dilemma
MonHun Generations
SMT IV Apocalypse
Ace Attorney 6
Gravity Rush 2

Maybe Pokemon Moon if they bother to include a post-game.

Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir comes out next month. I got a review code and it's fucking fantastic.

Project Diva X is pretty great.

Hyrule Warriors Legends came out this year and it's absolutely stellar even with the graphical problems and the framerate problems present on O3DS.

Looking forward to Rhythm Heaven Megamix.

Obligatory Pokemon Sun and Moon.

And WiiU Mario Sonic Rio Olympics, since they finally made Dry Bowser playable.

I imported Rhythm Heaven last year. It's pretty great.

I managed to finish a couple games while Kronos (vanilla WoW server) has been down for a week but as soon as it's back I'm going to end up playing WoW all day for several more months like I do every year. there are so many great video games I've never played and probably never will thanks to this WoW addiction.

The absolute last game im buying is persona 5 before i just sell all my consoles and just emulate everything else.

Persona 5
Ghost Song
Monster Hunter Generations

Not to sound like a contrarian or a defeatist, but don't get your hopes up for anything in the current year.

Is Dudesex coming out this year?

Yeah, damn shame they went ahead and edited it. Gonna wait and see how heavily censored the blood is but keeping my hopes down low to avoid disappointment. If your still interested in the game anyways you could always look up a couple videos.

Just a bit more in depth info about the combat. The game has 6 melee weapons, 3 gun types and 3 different kind of shields. You've got a transforming weapon that you switch on the fly, using melee at close, guns for healing, support, ranged attacks and a shield to block whatever you can't dodge. transforming is seamless and you can change forms whenever. your weapon's a living organism so it sprout a set of jaws and take a chunk outta your prey, doing so will give you massive buffs so you'll wanna eat your opponent whenever you see an opening. A couple items like flashbangs or heals to keep you topped off and extra abilities called Blood Art in the second game. It's not DMC levels fast but in terms of hunting games it's up there.
Burst was great so hopefully these ones coming out don't fuck it up too much.

Looking forward to it, decided against importing since my moon is weak.

Heads up about Project Diva X's translation; they're rewriting a lot of it from what I can tell. That first picture I posted is from the "Chaos" Area in the Japanese version, and the punchline of Rin and Len's argument throughout the entire "story" there about what's more chaotic is that their argument is in and of itself Chaotic.

The English version translates the Chaos element as Quirky… needless to say, they're going to have to rewrite the joke since an argument isn't really quirky. I wouldn't say it's really a bad thing, the story is pretty stupid to begin with, but whatever. Just something to keep in mind that chances are that they'll localize that part of the game pretty heavily.

I'm probably going to get a review copy for it, and if that's the case I'll probably end up taking a look and seeing exactly what they changed and where and post about it on here.

Well shit, is there anything that isn't getting edited this year? At least in this case there's no way of this could be a censorship issue unless the word chaotic turned 'problematic' overnight to the tumblrtard crowd. Maybe it's just a case of shitty translations this time around. One can dream.

In this case it's what the word translation was made for. Again, the story is shite and I honestly wouldn't make a big deal about it being changed when it was translated. Granted, I haven't seen the full breadth of what they're changing it to - but I'm pretty sure that they'll do a better job with the story than the original script did.

Again, just a heads up. I can totally understand if you want what the original Japanese said - I'm just saying what I've observed. I was the same user that was somewhat worried about the Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon translation last year, and that turned out to be a decent translation.

…what the word localization was made for*

Oops!

Yooka-Laylee is expected in 2016?

Looking forward to:

La-Mulana 2
Pathologic
Zero Time Dilemma
Ace Combat 7
Ni-Oh
The Last Guardian
Nier Automata
Gravity Rush 2
Horizon Zero Dawn
TMNT Mutants in Manhattan
Ghost Song
ReCore, if it really gets a PC release

The new releases I've played this year have been disappointing so far, but there might be a light at the end of the tunnel

If this is being done because of germany(who has a history of doing this shit, unlike america)
Then all the blood has either been removed, or turned green.

Honestly it's not enough to declare the game shit or raise a storm over just because of the translation of one word but it's just that getting a direct translation is always the superior route. As long as it contains the nuance and emotion that's conveyed in the original, dry word-for-word translations are another sign of a shitty team. If they've already got an english word like chaotic why bother changing it if it serves it's purpose? So it's a bit worrying to see something like that, but not enough to turn me away from the game. Of course shitty translations are always superior to censorious ones, I'd take a Digimon Cyber Sleuth over a neutered translation any day.

Forgot to mention Nier Automota and Gravity Rush 2 if they release this year.

I'm honestly curious, after X/Y were shit, and OR/AS proved that the originals were better, how are you genuinely excited for a new gamefreak pokemon game?

Wait for pokemon sage, it's going to be better than anything gamefreak has done

Finding Paradise, I guess
To the Moon's sequel
archive.is/2vno5

Ni-Oh felt pretty fun from the demo.

Don't know, I got TNO for fifteen ausbucks or around that and felt ripped off
Was like a boring version of the riddick games, which were mostly made by the same guys. More focus on shooting and the shooting sucked anyway.

Here's what I've played and would recommend:
>Tastee Lethal Tactics: It's Frozen Synapse, but good. No soundtrack by nervous_Testpilot here, unfortunately. Also the singleplayer is only 30 maps and I felt that was a bit too short for my tastes. The game is obviously more centered around multiplayer but I haven't played that yarr

Not much else I can defenitely recommend to everyone. There's a game called Rogue Stormers that's supposedly "inspired by" contra and metal slug but I've yet to play that.

To look forward to:
>Ace Combat 7 that's this year, right?

WHERE ARE THOSE FUCKONG PORTS SEGA?

CiV VI
Endless Legend 2
Bannerlord
EDF 4.1 PC port
Stellaris
Total WaWa
Dragons Dogma PC port was top tier
SoniComi
Megadimension Nep PC port

Shadow Warrior 2 and Deathwing as well.
Im also enjoying Battlefleet Ghotic immensely.

At least there's Deathwing right?

Oh and I forgot, speaking of Ace Combat there's also Sky Rogue to look forward to.

It's probably 2017 but I'm looking to Styx Shards of Darkness for some more goblin stealth vidya

7th Dragon III which is already out if you have a hacked 3ds
SMT4 Apocalypse
Caligula english release never
Pokemon Sun, I guess

uncharted 4

Oh, hey, I remember that picture from a 3DS thread some months ago. How's tricks?

I was holding out for a fan-translation of Megamix since Fever's sales were so abysmal it looked like we were probably not gonna get Megamix whatsoever but The Best+'s fan-translators were so batshit fucking stupid that the localization will come out well before the fan-translation.

I think Yooka-Laylee was postponed to next year with the Toybox Demo coming this year. Anyway, so far, I haven't heard of anything jaw droppingly good but for what its worth, I'm having fun with Hyrule Warriors Legends.

It seems the summer is what will bring the good Vidya.

The shills are really desperate.

Kingdom Hearts 3.

I want it to come out so I can put that series to rest. Has anyone else ever felt like that?

They're going to be amazing, get hype!

Dark Souls 3 was good

desperate

nothing by the looks of it, maybe monster hunter X but it's nothing special just a better version of the curret gamea

So far, Rabi-Ribi and Kirby Robobot

I'M A LADY NOW.
I'M A LADY NOW.

SO DON'T TREAT ME LIKE A GIRL.

I'm looking forward to Spla2n in late 2019, so that's something.