Simpson thread

This year's Treehouse of Horror was actually pretty good. Even if the first and second part is a bore.

The Homer Cooking episode was interesting. The Coraline episode was decent. I don't really feel like it ever ramped up to anything. That's my main criticism against this year's thoh as a whole though. They were better made than previous years, but I don't feel as if there was any payoff. The demon maggie episode was interesting, but it was so tame. It just fizzled out with the demon going into Bart's stomach and a lame joke that followed.

I think I liked the homer cooking episode the best. It reminded me of "Nightmare Cafeteria", but a worse version of it. It was still better than the crap they've pushing out in recent years, but still not up to par with what they could do.

No it wasn't, fuck off shill.

How is it worse? Somehow cannibalism isn't as disturbing as self-cannibalism. It isn't also as funny.

Speaking of Simpsons in general. The show seems more tolerable to watch as short clips on the Internet rather than a full episode. I couldn't pin down exactly why modern Simpsons is so bad until I watched the cross-over. The episodes lack focus, the pacing horrible, and scene transition is too short. Watching single clips makes it seem less like a mess.

kys >>>/normalfag/

That was a very pleasant surprise.

Hey Holla Forums!

The series stopped trying to do stories that span an entire episode or even half an episode. They know just do a series of random events that they tie together with randomness.

I find this hard to believe. The past few treehouse of horrors weren't scary at all and couldn't even try to be funny. It was just a competition to who can shove in the most gags at once.

I know post season 10 simpsons is criticized, but honestly seasons 10 till roughly 17 weren't that bad. Very hit or miss with a definite gem or two per season. But roughly around 2007 is when you got lucky to have even a decent episode per season.

The older episodes manage to transition events together neatly like that Tomacco episode managed to turn the episode from Homer getting himself into a duel to being a farmer of a defictionalized crop. Now there isn't any room even for a scene transition tune.

The third one wasn't just a parody of something that is vaguely (or completely unrelated) to horror.

edit

Now that's just a fucking lie, and the existence of Homer vs Dignity in season 12 proves it

I've seen worse. The last segment seems to be based on a Stephen King short story. Did they really go this long without doing The Exorcist?

CGI pretending to be stop-motion really bothers me. No dice, Zombie Simpsons.

The show started to suck once Homer stopped sounding like Walter Matthau

Watched it already. Holy fuck Marge's voice actress is about to crook every time she voices.

Damn.

I really enjoy the trope of people thinking that everything taste like shit after eating something supernaturally tasty.

Does mario even cook anything anymore? Last I heard he was shilling cookie dunkers.

I don't know, does Wario?

I was very happy to see this.

Source?

I am pretty sure it is from Junji Ito. But, i don't remember the exact name of the story.

Asking for the story, not the author.

Splatter Film.