Rival character you fight multiple times during the game

Why the fuck would a dev do this?
Are they trying to piss me off?

Claus did nothing wrong

Fucking Senran Kagura.

FUCKING SENRAN KAGURA

That's actually exactly who I was talking about, good catch.

Holy shit I love this. More games need it.

Silver's fine. It speaks volumes that he only finally has a crobat in his last two battles. Also he's 10.

Fucking Team Skull from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers.

Well, that Silver is like, 14.

No, Gary, fuck off. I said wasn't a challenge.

I said fuck off, Gary.

I just played through crystal and forgot how awful silver was

also, rate my team, I just beat Blue

Gary, you can't even fucking read.

Blue as in Gary

My dubs are that of truth.

The thing is, Gary for all intents in purposes has never lost to Ash without bullshit. He has a legion of bitches on his dick, a reliable job as a pokemon professor, and has been champion(albeit for a short time) which makes him a widely known trainer.

In our reality, it would be the equivalent of a someone going pro boxing, winning the championship match easily on his first try only to get beaten by a family member who has been learning his habits over the entire time he fought.

Confused by this, he realizes that life isn't all about fighting, but Bitches and Money. So he devotes his time into Quantum Physics and becomes the most revered/rich professor in his country. Not to mention his family is already famous for having a rich professor in it already.

I think that gives Gary every right to be cocky.

is only joke

You're mixing game and anime canon there, user

Which pokemon is the best toddlercon

Ain't that the point?

GEEZ LOUISE

Who canonically has beaten Gary in a fair fight?

The solution to problems like these is almost always "Don't play Jap games".

Celadon City

In the games if you name him Gary? You, the player character, I guess.

In the anime? Ash did beat him in the Silver Conference in a totally official battle, using tactics for a change to overcome a type advantage.

Im generally using Pokemon Yellow as a reference.

Still, its Ash

way ahead of you

If you name Red Gary he literally beats everyone
And If you play Chrono Trigger and name Crono Gary he becomes time jesus

If you're thinking of Pokémon, most trainers you meet during the main plot are pants-on-head retarded, so anyone who's "barely a challenge" in that world is a badass in comparison and has every right to brag. Hell, the only generic trainer in the world who seems aware that they can carry six pokémon is the guy with six Magikarp.
Even gym leaders will occasionally make totally brainless decisions like using Self-Destruct against a Ghost-type, using Snore while not asleep, or using Metal Sound every turn and never attacking. The third example was my experience with Korrina in Geosenge Town with two Lucario.

send help
this is Sacred Gold so he's got a full team and I hate it

Metro 2033 and LL did this too

>rival is a woman
>you can marry your rival if you play the storyline out correctly

Too bad about rune factory 1 being shit though

Dunno what else I expected from Assassin's Creed

he's the hardest fight in the game

Gee, I wonder why he had trouble.

Yeah, kind of like that.

I fucking hate LoK.

so I heard you guys like rival characters

this is Holla Forums, not Holla Forums

Oh, you want some Holla Forums now do ya faggot

Plus there's a LoK game which is equally as disappointng

>unparalleled master of weapons and sorcery

I thought he was referring to Legacy of Kain…

How dare you imply I talk shit on Legacy of Kain

Best rival

I fucking hate Morty. As a kid I was dumb and just trained one Pokemon and generally went purely on looks. So I get there with a level 30+ Jumpluff, 4 random weak HM whores, and the togepi that I got earlier.

You know what? My Jumpluff got sleep haxxed on his last pokemon and died. I sent out all my weakmons until Togepi came out. By this point Morty had exhausted his dream eaters and was using shadow ball.

I fucking sat there for at least an hour watching my togepi be put to sleep or use charm. Eventually I won because he keptran out of PP and used struggle, which was physical, and he had no attack thanks to charm.

Entire fight took roughly 90 minutes and I didnt save before it at a reasonable time. It was either I waited nearly 2 hours for him to kill himself, or rage reset and grind again.

I made the right choice.

m8 I think Morty was just punishing you for being a flaming homo

>
>
>

My thought process was:

Still, I like the pokemon.

Yeah that's where they dropped the ball entirely. It could have been a 10/10 amazing twist.

what game?

also i'm getting real tired of the "rebels are always the good guys and people in charge are bad" angles

Farcry 4

It gets better. Neither of Korrina's Lucario in that battle have any special damaging moves.
So they spent every turn lowering your special defense but have no way to interact with that stat even if they decided to attack.
This is the tactical genius of a gym leader, battling outside the gym so you can't say she's supposed to lose.

Is it so much to ask for there to be two, opposing, morally ambiguous sides to choose from. Or, fuck, a way to play both sides against one another a la Yojimbo or Fistful of Dollars? Or even good writing from one of these fucking "MUH DEEP STORY" games?

Not really, play the witcher. They did a good job of portraying two morally ambiguous groups.

ah i skipped that one, go figure

if you thought turn A was homo wait till you see IBO, don't see IBO its bad

no because that would take effort, game writers are fucking garbage and game critics are so desperate to be seen as well cultured that they'll praise any '2deep" shit they're handed

What evil game did this?

pokemon?

also, another game

Guess the game

That second one is too gay to be anything but Kingdom Hearts.

Sora never ditched Riku user.

You're right, my b
OTP

The reason the rebels are always the heroes in videogames is because it's more conducive to creating an enjoyable experience.

Waging a war on an oppressive government is more fun than being the guys doing the oppressing. It's also easier to organize into gameplay.

someone post the rlm webm

you're right, and also it's already a romantic thing in media to start, the good ol rebels winning the war

but its fucking tired, i can't believe no ones tried to turn it on its head yet

Not all rebellions happen for just reasons.

That's what Far Cry 4 tried to do, by portraying the rebels as hilariously evil and showing how they're just as bad if not worse than Pagan's regime.

No fucking shit Sherlock. But in fiction you're typically subject to situations where there's the righteous rebels versus the evil Empire.

Faggot.

It's also because burgers are a large target demographic and love underdog rebels

What you're saying is "this is done in fiction because this is done in fiction", that's not a reason.
I'm sure it's possible to design an interesting story and game around the heroic democratic establishment defending itself from glorified terrorists who preach prejudice.

meant for sorry

True enough, underdog rebels in general market well because people dislike the establishment.

I explained why it's that way for videogames in a previous post. Could you make a game about the heroic establishment putting down an evil rebellion? Sure. You could make a good game about any concept.

I actually didn't really pick up on the fact that one guy wanted to fuck Loran until he drugged Loran's drink. I thought it was just standard emasculating jokes and the weird fujoshi fanservice that some of the Sunrise series I've watched have.

Ivar?

Chrono Cross?

Far Cry 2 did this, and it was great.

Can you faggots not appreciate perfectly straight bromance?

That was my guess, though I never thought he super improved.

Shit, I should beat that game, since I've never actually gotten very far.

Oh god, yes mein neiger I need this delicious shit in my life I've already experienced this in FC2 like but I need more.

I want to hear those smug bastards panicked yells and cries of mercy as I go from a nobody with a peashooter to giga rambo and mow them down in a hail of bullets.

You niggers have to have more there NEEDS to be more!

Yeah I don't get why these faggots can't appreciate a little fist bumping, brohugging, or handholding with their best bruv.

Pic related, bromance these faggots cant handle.

I will not and will never understand why they don't introduce an optional hard mode into the options menu. They're fucking Pokemon games, one of the Nintendo flagship franchises. Not like they don't have the money, it's just laziness.

Thank you, my brother of royal kang descent.

FUCK OFF ROSH

Oh MY fucking god, it was so satisfying to beat his ass.

But did you forgive him?

Is Joseph a nigger now?

I did, but only for Kyle

FUCK YOU JR TROOPA

This actualyl was one of my favorite parts of fear. Especially when you cut down a squad to the last man and suddenly hear the message

You can practically see how the poor bastard is dropping bricks.

You know, It kinda takes me out of things when the bad guy is just doing what he has to
AND THEN HE STARTS DOUBTING HIMSELF