Could Manhunt 3 come out this decade and not be watered-down dogshit?

I loved the fuck out of this game, and to a lesser extent the sequel. Really want to see this game come back but it would be ruined if they had to tone down the violence one bit.

If it did release, it would most likely be digital only to prevent sabotage in/from retailers. Like the vandalization and prohibition of GTA V copies that occurred during the first launch weeks.
That was mostly in Australia, but if I remember correctly I think it also happened in certain stores in the States.

I can see it released in [CURRENT YEAR] without being watered down. Hell, all the noise it would generate could be used correctly in the right hands. You know, free publicly and all that jazz.
Although it's pretty much a given that regardless of the game's quality all the betacuck reviews will trash it for being triggered just by looking at the game menu.

They could make a great manhunt game with current tech, the first was a little watered down due to tech limitations, I need this.

bump

No. Rockstar were a great company in the 00s producing stuff like Manhunt, The Warriors and GTA. Then they just became the GTA company.

I wouldn't want modern Rockstar to make this or Bully 2, they'll just [CURRENT YEAR] it

I played it and finish it. It wasn't really good. Gameplay is so so and the story never really goes anywhere. Also its creepy but not when compare to novels or film. I did appreciate that it try to push artistic boundaries in the videogame medium.

?

Manhunt 2 is pretty brutal already, with all the bullshit they went through then, whats the point now? If you're not an independent developer like redbarrel with no publishers or stockholders you can make shit like outlast:whistleblower and have as much gore as you want, but rockstar will never be allowed to utilize new tech to it's fullest advantage with out it being censored to hell and back. Also people are just babies about gore, I'm friends with a guy who worked at rockstar when they were developing san andreas and manhunt 1, he told me lots of people on the dev team had a hard time stomaching the research needed to portray the gore properly.

No wonder they stopped making it after Manhunt

Video games aren't art.

Yeah they are.

Explain how please.

Im surprised at what outlast and specially the DLC got away with. The groom bastard in the DLC was one of the best villains in recent times.

Its deals with human themes within the context of a medium.

The games didn't sell well either, so it was probably that.

Good.
Art is shit.

manhunt 3>>9344892
Art is broad as shit. That pic is art but its shit art, the same way something like Goodfellas is amazing art.

Meant for

If you meant Manhunt then yeah, but still SA made so much extra bucks that they went on doing what they wanted
At least there's that, GTAIV made a lot and they did some nice side projects, RDR2 made a holocaust in HR so i guess that's why they havent done shit since V, they still have money but no one skilled

Post-Modernism isn't art

Doesn't Rockstar do some retarded shit like fire and hire new employees with each GTA game? They should learn by now that its a dumb idea.

Manhunt 2 was already censored at launch, there's no way they could remake it, or even give it a sequel without it being pussified, especially since its not a household name like GTA or Red Dead

When they were making RDR2 they had a bunch of studios with different skills, but when development turned sour, because the game was soriginally a Gen 6 game, they started purging the "problematic" workers, aka driving physics devs who were disgruntled at modeling bushes
They erradicated the car guys (San Diego, the Midnight Club and some of the Smuggler's Run guys) along with its top heads who wanted more funds for MC5
They executed the guys who made The Warriors and relocated them to model enviroment objects, along with canceling the spiritual sequel to Warriors (We Are The Mods)
They relocated the handheld guys and buttrustled the Chinatown Wars designers
There must be other who quitted after that publicity work with many of the worker's wifes telling Rockstar to stop being jews

All over a decent game that still isn't finished due to many of its features and map parts cut, along with rushing many other thigns (the VA)
The Mexico section looks like a beta of the game, unfinished models, no NPC's (Multiplayer has more NPC's than single player), unfinished safehouses (Torquemada) and spanish-speaking VA's who actually don't speak spanish at a legible level

It won a lot of prizes but only the first part of the game felt "good"

There's no way a company could be that retarded, especially when they make millions at this point just by name alone.

They are british after all, they surely can and will be retarded if pushed a little
Have you seen another MC, Warriors, GTAIV-level technology, Manhunt, handlheld game, tech demo around silly concept or even a new IP?
They gave the boot to everyone experienced enough and now they are relying on college freshmen

No.

I honestly don't want modern graphics for this because the simpler quake-esque graphics made everything seem more forlorn and desolate.

Name 1 time this has happened.

Guitar Hero?

I think you need to check what year it is.

no

Also, that whole "muh polygon" argument doesn't work, when you realise that it's the art direction that makes a game, and not it's graphics.

Oh man, Bully is so fucking good. Their best game. Only issue is it's too easy, which means most of the challenge comes from fucking around mid-mission. Good times anyway.

Fun fact: Manhunt was the last game that stirred controversy from moralfags and concerned parents. It helped introduce stricter age ratings here.

This game won't cause a problem here, it will just get an PEGI18 rating and sell great. But SJWs from San Fran will try to block it.

Lol they couldn't block GTA V, I'd love to see them try. Rockstar has years of experience dealing with this shit, it'd be easy to get around it with their money and resources.

They probably think it isn't worth the hassle. Or don't want to take the risk when GTA and RDR is there to print them money.

A new manhunt would be considerably less expensive and take less time to make than one of their open world titles though. Considering how rich they've gotten it wouldn't be too big of a loss if it sold like shit.

fuck off

I fucking loved Rockstars games then. Manhunt 1 had a neat idea, but flawed execution. It had this serious tone that it wanted to convey, but I couldn't take it seriously at times due to how it felt like GTA with more edge. Mahnunt 2, while the gore was censored, nailed the serious tone and gameplay down just right. This time around it was halfway believable, with the story being more fleshed out and the executions being more realistic.

Compare MH1's chopping someones head off with a machete with how you kill someone in MH2 with a pen. I doubt 3 brisk chops are all it takes to lop someones head off. In MH2. you had to be brutal with a pen. Stick it in the neck artery, or jab the guy in the eyes and then stab him in the stomach. Maybe not the best examples, but the kills felt more "real" in MH2. I also loved how you could execute people with guns in MH2. The main character gets the guards attention, and just as he turns around he gets shot in the face point-blank by a revolver. Just absolutely gruesome and merciless and fits the tone of the game perfectly.

Well anyway, I've always liked how Rockstar handles dialogue and world-building. They're more "show, don't tell" than anything. The dialogues are always colorful and brash and it's really neat how some bad guys can have different accents, lingo and idioms. Rockstar used to write sleaze really well, and it really feels like it is based on real-life at times. Maybe I didn't convey my feelings as well as I could, but that's the best I could put it.

the uncensored executions in manhunt 2 are fucking amazing

It's highly unlikely Rockstar would ever make a Manhunt 3. They went absurdly edgy with 2 and it got a shitton of controversy but it didn't translate to sales. It's why it's one of the few Rockstar games that hasn't really been re-released on other platforms or Steam despite having a PC port.

I can't really even imagine what they'd do with Manhunt 3 beyond making it more akin to a slasher movie or mixing it with Grand Theft Auto in some way. It's partially why I can't see them making a new one because there's not really that much more you can do with it beyond "more gore, more gore" which they already did with MH2.

They could probably use it as an excuse to make an edgy fucked up story. Then again I believe the reason that it failed was that it wasn't made for PS3/360, instead they focused it for the Wii/PS2, and PSP.

It would be amusing to see the ass pain if Rockstar released a new Manhunt like the old games, and added in VR support.

They can do a manhunt in 2 CYE (Current Year Era) if the violence is directed against the right people. It could be all about killing the white man. (((Reviewers))) would love it and give big discounts on review scores and the SJWs could get out their White Tears mugs.

Rockstar just don't have the balls to make more controversy like before.

Also.

They can't be art because they're interactive media, faggots.

There was a gang in Manhunt 1 called the White Shites. It was diverse in terms of the races you killed in that game.

Rockstar loved controversy though, why did they pussy out? It made them the giant they are today

Diversity is racist today.

They were both mediocre games, and that's coming from a "fan."

The second one was actually BETTER because you could act out the movements, I have no idea where the "manhunt is better because uhhh" meme came from. The level designs were for the most part shit, the stories were ok, the voice acting was bad, the stealth was pretty bad. The only things they got perfect was sound and the balance between action and stealth.

Just give me a goddamn first person edgy game that isn't fucking postal for once.

Movies cant be art either. In fact, nothing can. Fuck art.

Also, for the last fucking time you faggots need to stop bringing up the autistic "muh x is art" bullshit, it's worse than console war faggotry. None of it matters if it's art or not. Play your fucking games and stop feeling like you need an excuse or feel mature to do so.

They were mediocre, that's why I want a 3rd one, the game can be massively improved.

The reason the games have such a passionate fanbase is due to the fact they're so niche. There isn't any other game that does manhunts subject matter or themes, the atmosphere and feeling of alienation was the best part of both games.

It would be nice if we could get a full fledged, no holds barred sequel.
Manhunt has that heavy atmosphere that most games lack. And the executions are gruesome enough that it isn't just idly entertaining or hilariously gory like the violence in most other games. It's painful, drawn out, inefficient, and inelegant.

Do I even have to say >in current year?

Anyway, I'd rather not see Manhunt 3 come out these days. The time and circumstances have to be perfect for a Manhunt game.

Are you serious?