Mulan

I just rewatched this. Truly a top tier Disney film. I can't wait for the live action remake to completely miss the point.

Same.
So far all of these remakes have been a disaster, and yet filled with celebrities who do nothing and highly rated.
The only redeeming part was in the Jungle Book watching the tiger kick everyones ass, but that movie was the biggest butchering so far.

You are only now just noticing that Ping's jawline is completely different from Mulan's.

I definitely noticed that already.

What does it mean?

To this day it's one of my favorite movies ever, AND the only truly feminist movie there ever has been. If they remade it today not only would Mulan be a sassy chinigger woman (physically or just spiritually), she'd scorn at every manly attitude of the Chink army and probably have a musical piece where she explains gender inequality when the whole fucking point of Mulan is that what you're inside is what counts and women can be as strong as men IF they put their mind to it instead of automatically having the rest of the world downgraded to suit their needs.

Does it stay for the whole movie? Plus it could just be Mulan's makeup making her look softer.

-4str

Mulan gives me the impression that it was intended as tranny propaganda, but since it is based on an old chinese legend, the stronger elements of it's orginal narrative stand out and make us forget the pozzed shit. Like for example, I always forget about the very beginning of the movie when it is established that Mulan doesn't want to conform to female gender norms. This feels unnecessary because later joining the army in her father's place feels like an act of love for her family rather than her being attracted to acting like a man. Much of her time in the training camp is her not fitting in amongst the men and having to find alternative ways to keep up. The scene of her turning the hand weights into a means of climbing the pole to reach the arrow is among the best in the movie. This theme of her having to find creative ways to succeed without having the physical strength to match men continues throughout. She has to trigger an avalanche to counter the ambush by the mongol army. In the finale she has to learn to embrace her femininity in a sense by infiltrating the palace in woman's clothing and disarming Shan Yu of his sword with an ornamental fan. The cherry on top is her demonstrating feminine grace in respectfully declining the emperor's award and returning to her family, presumably to marry the Chad Chang general.

Trannies were barely noticed in 1998 compared to today, I seriously doubt it.

Freud would have a field day with you, I’m sure.

Kikes can't be trusted

they really made a man out of her

He'd have a field day with anyone.

I thought that was because of all the weight she lost during training

Jesus Christ man

You need to go back.

It probably was.

I've got bad news for you buddy.

Let me guess your retarded idea. Horseshoe theory. Right?

Why is her jaw more pronounced on the blade reflection?

If you wanted to, you could probably make some excuse about the 'reflection' being slightly distorted by the metal and the blade being thicker on the middle.

Reported for cancer.
>>>/cuckchan/

Oh, I'm sorry not sorry, did I trigger you in your safespace, user? Are you literally shaking at this micro aggression?

I only in the past few months even heard what the plot for this film was, when I saw the posters as a kid I just assumed she had a transparent sword made out of magic unobtainium.

you know, that sword is not a flat surface

In the movie, she disguises herself as a man, and the animators chose to accentuate that by making her look slightly more masculine while in disguise.

what?

Yes. It was a trainwreck and ignored everything that was good from the first movie.

Only in cartoonland pal.

Kinda like how on television they always have women play trannies.

They are not as smart as man either.

Women are very slightly smarter than men, measured in IQ. Not that it means very much, because they'll still think shorter term and less objectively.
The more important difference between male and female intelligence is variance, which is much larger for men than women: There are far more complete dumbasses and geniuses among men (cannon-fodder and leaders), whereas women tend toward the average.
Or so I hear. Make your own research, I can't be assed.

If people stopped going to shitty remakes and shitty sequels hollywood will finally see nobody wants it, but it's what people pay to see. Hollywood is just a symptom of all this, people who still pay to see these awful remakes and sequels are the real cause.

Not conforming to gender roles =/= identifying as man

She is a female through and through, she is in love with a dude during the whole movie and the only and single reason she joined the fucking army was to save his life because he is too old to fight, not to prove herself or anything.

Her dad?

I'm pretty sure user meant to say she did it out of love for her father who was too old to fight and fell in love with li shang during the movie.

Disney makes shitty sequels for every successful movie they make, it's how they wring all they can out of every IP.

These crack me up every time.

This movie had Donkey before Donkey was a thing

No one cares

Maybe should have said Disney played the wise-cracking Eddie Murphy animal sidekick straight before the parody did

iirc, Milan tries to spread women's lib to the emperor's daughters who are being sent to arranged marriages

Blame autocorrect

We know you're the same user kid.

Shan Yu was a cool guy.

Whenever there's an actually competent and intimidating villain I always root for them, just to for once see the bad guys win rather than the good guys like always.

The absolute state of mobile posters.

Which awful disease befouled his eyes like that? Villains with a mysterious past are cool.

Damn Mongoruians

I'd like to see an animated film where the protagonist is a menacing, repugnant motherfucker and the antagonists are big-eyed endearing heroes, just for a change.

Wouldn't Beauty and the Beast qualify?

Be grateful for your ignorance

Uh, no they aren't. The average man has a 2 to 3 IQ points advantage on the average woman.

It's based on an old Chinese legend about a woman disguising herself as a man so she can join a war, one of the most ancient forms of female protagonist writing,

For comparison, a chinese produced movie about the legend of Mulan.

Fucking kikes

Well Mulan did conform to gender roles, she just wasn't good at them.
I don't know about the original tale but the last third of the movie does look like (((someone))) realized it wasn't pozzed enough.

But yeah, I can totally predict that they'll miss all the points.
I've already heard complaints about the song where they sing what they would like about a woman, according to them is those damn my soggy knees trying to tell woman whato to do when everyone with half a brain can tell you is the opposite, that most men don't care about that feminine shit. As long as she's 6/10 and they can get comfy around them is enough.

Webm please.

Use tor

>I don't know about the original tale but the last third of the movie does look like (((someone))) realized it wasn't pozzed enough.
What do you mean, it was no different than any other disney movie with the villain dying during the final confrontation.

I meant the team dressing like women.

It was a disguise to get the guards attention long enough to knock them out cold, no different than all the years bugs bunny would dress in drag to fool elmer fudd.

Just out of curiousity, what other Asian tales and legends would you like to see getting an animated adaptation by a Western studio and by whom? For the sake of discussion, let's assume this is happening in a relative vacuum, with no writer's guild strikes or massive scandals or corporate kikery or [CURRENT_YEAR] cancer to fuck things up.

Is not that, it just sticks out like a sore thumb for some reason.

How? It was clearly supposed to be comical because the guards needed to be distracted while mulan dealt with shan yu and the disguises were incredibly obvious, but the guards were idiots so they fell for it. Drag or traps done as a joke is an ancient form of comedy, especially when the guy should be able to clearly tell it's poor drag but falls for it anyways.

You'd be surprised how many times the heroes in ancient mythologies dressed in drag to foil their enemies. See pic related.

It's also a staple of every Pantomime.

Use hooktube

It's a two hour movie, use hooktube as well.

its still degenerate leftist jewish cuck faggot degenerate bullshit only enjoyable by centrist cuck faggots, and if you disagree your one of them.

Someone’s mad.

This has to be the worst false flag of Holla Forums I ever seen, kill yourself you fucking faggot.

No it isn't, stop seeing shit that isn't there.

It's a false flag, he's larping as Holla Forums by spouting out buzzwords he has no understanding of.

You mean being full of 2017 feminist clichés put in as comedic scenes. Ugh.

It's an ironic reversal of what Mulan did to join the army. No poz about it.

Why do I get the feeling someone is about to shit up this thread?

Someone already is, just scroll up. False flags of any kind are complete cancer.

Ah the 90s, when you could have geishas in your general East Asia animated film

That's japanese, this is set in china. If I recall, there is a similar thing from ancient china called yiji.

In the movie the Huns say they're concubines.

Should never be your first option, but nothing's gay if Sean Connery did it

Fuck

Belle is still the hero though and Gaston looks like a dickweed, doesn't count

yes
women are babymakingfodder
their wits and bodies match their role

It's been years since I last read that particular story, but if memory serves it was a necessity since Thrym had stolen Mjolnir and would only return it if Freyja married him. Loki (of course) convinced Thor to impersonate Freyja (bringing him along for the ride of course) and tricking him into handing over Mjolnir so Thor could smash his head in.

It's a trap!

I thought that, too, but then I remembered Silence of the Lambs, Ace Ventura, Boys Don't Cry, etc. They were there, they just weren't pushed on the same scale.

I bet if they're real they laugh over this shit all the time over drinks.

'Remember the time we posed as Mjolnir and freyja? Haha good times, man!"

This is what a God should be, not fucktards like Yahweh who say "Worship me or else I'll send you to my own enemy" who, logically, would be better to worship.

*tips fedora*

I'm actually a Hermeticist who is under the belief that persons such as Odin and Thor are perhaps godly beings on a higher plane of existance. So I am not a fedora-tipping athiest. Thank you very much.

Fedora-tipping wiccan.

I figured the jawline diff was due to these factors:

1) as a woman Mulan puffed out here cheeks, as a man she sucked them in.

2) she was better fed and plumper as woman. Training in army made her drop 10% body fat making skeletal shape more obvious.

3) has makeup to smooth features as woman, blush high on cheeks drew focus away from lower jawline.

4) got a tan (and no white makeup) in army. Darker skin tone makes you look more ripped. This is why bodybuilders.use bronzer to emphasize striations.

5) sword on cover is magic like the nigger dragon and shows desire instead of truth.

How was the dad supposed to fight horse archers having a lame leg?

He was just going to be cannon fodder, but was the only male in his family, hence why Mulan went in his place.

Wiccans are middle-aged cat women trying witchcraft they read in a book. Hermetics is one of the oldest belief systems on the planet . Go to /fringe/ sometime. It's not all Smiley-tism.

Sun Tzu’s book, The Art of War, earned him an audience with the King of Wu, who said, “I have thoroughly read your thirteen chapters. May I submit your theory of managing soldiers to a small test?”

Sun Tzu replied, “Sir, you may.”

The King of Wu asked, “Can the test be applied to women?” Sun Tzu replied that it could, so arrangements were made to bring 180 beautiful women from the palace. Sun Tzu divided them into two companies with one of the King’s favorite concubines at the head of each. He then made all of them take spears in their hands and spoke to them: “I presume you know the difference between front and back, right hand, and left hand?”

The women replied, “Yes.”

Sun Tzu continued, “When to the sound of drums I order ‘eyes front,’ look straight ahead. When I order ‘left turn,’ face toward your left hand. When I order ‘right turn,’ face toward your right hand. When I order ‘about turn,’ face around to the back.”

After the words of command had been explained, the women agreed they understood. He gave them spears so he could begin the drill. To the sound of drums, Sun Tzu ordered “right turn.”

In response, the women burst out in laughter.

With great patience, Sun Tzu said, “If the instructions and words of command are not clear and distinct, if orders are not thoroughly understood, then the general is to blame.” He then repeated the explanations several times. This time he ordered the drums to signal “left turn,” and again the women burst into laughter.

Then Sun Tzu said, “If the instructions and words of command are not clear and distinct, if orders are not thoroughly understood, the general is to blame. But if commands are clear and the soldiers disobey, then it is the fault of the officers.” He immediately ordered the women who were at the head of the two companies to be beheaded.

Of course, the King was watching from a raised pavilion, and when he saw that his two favorite concubines were about to be executed, he was alarmed and swiftly sent down a message:

“We are now quite satisfied as to the general’s ability to manage troops. Without these concubines, my food and drink will not taste good. It is the King’s wish that they not be beheaded.”

Sun Tzu replied, “Having received the sovereign’s commission to take charge and direct these troops, there are certain orders I cannot accept.” He immediately had the two concubines beheaded as an example and appointed the two next in line as the new leaders.

Now the drums were sounded again and the drill began. The women performed all the maneuvers exactly as commanded, turning to the right or left, marching ahead, turning around, kneeling, or rising. They drilled perfectly in precision and did not utter a single sound.

Sun Tzu sent a messenger to the King of Wu saying, “Your Majesty, the soldiers are now correctly drilled and perfectly disciplined. They are ready for your inspection. Put them to any use you desire. As sovereign, you may choose to require them to go through fire and water and they will not disobey.”

The King responded, “Our commander should cease the drill and return to his camp. We do not wish to come down and inspect the troops.”

With great calm, Sun Tzu said, “This king is only fond of words and cannot carry them into deeds.”

Ugly concubines.

You're a faggot regardless for randomly trying to start shit with christians.

I agree. People should never be challenged in their beliefs if they don't want to, especially not here. What user did was pretty over the line.

>(((christians)))
Go worship your dead kike somewhere else. And take your shit waifu with you.

Holy Reddit, Batman!

(((Holla Forums)))
Go worship your dead Austrian somewhere else, and take your kosher President with you :^)

(((faggot)))
Go suck a dick somewhere else. And take your wiccan dildo with you.

Just report him, there's no point in arguing with retards that do nothing but derail threads.
If anything you're helping him by replying to his inbred ramblings.

they're getting better at disguising themselves

elsa and hans

why?

How is this an example?

The implication is that he can shapeshift.

Garbage.

Laughably untrue. Not only that, but IQ tests leave out the largest failing of the female brain. That is it is mostly emotional reasoning in place of man's more logical reasoning. Women are built for bearing children and helping to raise those children. Their wide hips make it harder for them to run due to different gait, they are slower due to this. Their low muscle density and growth is to reserve bodily nutrients for their babies. Their smaller skeleton and less dense bones are for them to be closer in size to their children, lighter and closer to their children's weights, and their lower strength is for gentle care of said children.

Nothing about female humans is built for masculine roles, they do terrible at them, and anything else spitting the opposite is propaganda. "Smart" females ride on the backs of their colleagues all the time. PC policies promote and protect them. A lot of females in scientific bodies never do any worthwhile research, and more often ride along on the hard work of their colleagues.

Even in the lowest jobs, such as fast food, females often get credit for good work when they only carry 1/4th of their share.

Females should not be educated beyond age 14. They should be married off to a proven man, with a job, and residence. They should be wives, mothers, and assorted female relatives. Nothing else.