Which is the greater cancer? Which did more to kill CRPGs?

Which is the greater cancer? Which did more to kill CRPGs?

JRPGs
/thread

Oblivion

If you are talking about the games they made then Bioware. Say what you want about Skyrim but it isn't what made that shitty dialog wheel popular and despite it being more popular I would say Bioware did more to introduce casuals to the genre.

However arn't Bethesda and Zenimax responsible for the deaths of several good RPG developers? They probably did more damage if you count that.

Japan does western fantasy better than the west user.

Fuck off back to reddit

You could at least argue that most JRPGs are still actual RPGs, regardless of quality. Beth and Bioware have set the standard for RPGs coming out of the West being nothing more than poor action games with some minor story involvement and minimal role-playing mechanics.

Both worked in tandem to create the death of western RPGs, just as Bethesda and Ubisoft worked together to usher in minimal effort, barren 'open worlds'.

Bioware is most to blame from the dumbing down of roleplaying depth whereas Bethesda takes more responsibility for the streamlining of worlds and mechanics to nothing

Bethesda continues to drive the RPG genre as it's known in the mainstream into a further vestigial collar-tag while Bioware works to tarnish the legacy of what it once was.

This ain't fucking Reddit, nigger. If you're going to say something like that you best explain yourself.

Lurk more

Both rip-offs of a manga

The point still stands

The reddit-tier normalfags lauding their shit as masterpieces and rewarding casualisation and lazyness with money and success are the ones who really killed CRPGs

This, their autistic shit eating brand loyal consumer whore fans are the real cancer since they're the ones buying their shit and passing it off as good.

Oh god. Both are just so awful. Has Bethesda started shoving fags and trannies into their games yet?

I'm gonna go with Bioware.

Bethesda's games might be shit, but some kernels of fun can still be had with them, and some mods can at least enhance the experience of some of them.

JRPGs have never been RPGs in the first place, hth fam.

OP: The question isn't who did the most damage but why they did it. Bioware are retards who genuinely think they're being progressive while Bethesda are intellectually dishonest to the core with their pandering.

Bioware by far.

Bethesda doesn't really push SJW shit.

Bioware. Even their old games are fucking awful in terms of writing and linearity.

I recently replayed a lot of old Bioware games lately and most of them do not hold up at all without rose tinted goggles. I don't understand at all why they were praised for their writing.

Bioware because while they are both equally horrible, Bioware is the worse with story where Bethesda is just mediocre

Bethesda's RPGs are at least devoid of tumblrshit and they are one of the few developers still trying to make something along the lines of a sandbox open world game, and shekelout 4 didn't have gameplay that made me want to kill myself unlike ME2 or cisquisition.

>>>/reddit/

Actual /thread

They're even feeding off each other, Bioware's recent escapades now include shitty streamlined open worlds and Bethesda's include voiced protagonists with 4 dialogue options.

Bioware, because at least Bethesda hasn't shown much signs of being full on sjw yet.

I want to say BioWare but Bethesda made open world crpgs shit and gets praised for it.
Then there's horse armor, then there's paid mods. Although BioWare is SJW shit tier, it'll die alone because nobody really cares about them anymore

Bethesda knows it makes casual bull shit but they at least allow mods to do what they wish with it. There's alot of wiggle room with bethesda. Bioware on the other hand mind fucks you with SJW/liberal propaganda to no end.

consider suicide

Bioware. Off the top of my head
1: Dialogue Wheel
2: In game DLC shilling npcs
3: Entire game based in one small city
4: Shitty techno music
5: Social Justice Crap in Vidya
6: On Disc DLC.
Bethesda just got more casual with their rpgs, and the horse armor shit. Bioware introduced so much more new cancer to the industry.

Bioware.

There is no comparison and that question isn't even worth a thread.

BioWare didn't really kill the cRPG, they just really, really suck at making good ones.

Bioware. They started earlier and made much more casual namedrop games that the journalist crowd likes to use to appear hardcore.

cRPGs were never that great.

Japan will never be able to get their heads around choices with consequences or multiple ways to complete an objective. Never.

it's comics nerd, I don't care which country it was scribbled in.

manga is a comic you dumb fuck.

what jrpgs have in gameplay/graphics they lack in everything else

the correct answer is bioware. while their games have decent gameplay for their genres, their games have become bloated with their bullshit political GAYS EVERYWHERE attitude. it gets disguised as "muh multiple options" but in reality they're feminizing men, re: that biofag who called geralt too manly. no, i am not against homosexuality, but openly flaunting that shit is just as bad as christians on the street telling you you're condemned to hell. there's a reason don't ask, don't tell existed. you keep that shit to yourself and everyone's happier.

and while bethesda may be destroying fallout, their games are still actually fun (including the wolfenstein and doom reboots), even without mods. the problem is you asshats take their stories and shit too damn seriously, especially for fallout which is entirely in a fucking computer simulation to begin with. did you ever consider that maybe the guys in the lab coats running the fallout simulation simply changed up an algorithm or two?

remember that the order of priority in games go:

- gameplay
- story
- graphics

Here I'll fix it for you

thanks, i wasn't sure if i should have included audio and visuals or not, i usually consider them part of the graphical experience.

When the common pleb says graphics are important, he usually refers to resolution and looking like real life.