Download a 350mb PS1 game in a .rar

What in the fuck happened to the emulation scene, 5 years ago when you downloaded a game you downloaded it as an iso. Who's fucking idea was it to put compressed files inside compressed files and who the fuck thinks the 6% file compression of .ECM is in any way fucking worth the pain in the ass that it brings when it's not packed with a .cue. ECM in general is just so fucking stupid it's got the worst compression algorithm in the fucking universe.

I beg you, if you upload games don't fucking do this fucking shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/hicNfpCV
mega.co.nz/#F!WRcEybiS!XkS89zjkXlgscw9AJjXwrQ
archive.org/details/psx_redump_usa_20141221
sites.google.com/site/completesg/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Where the fuck did you even manage to get that? Even emuparadise has better archives in general. If it's just a game you want you could also go to the share threads.

fucking lmao retard. epsxe can run .ecm files

I got it from fucking emuparadise. Some of the games I previously downloaded from there which used to be in .iso have been replaced with multi-volume rar's with ECM's inside. "Saving bandwidth" is the excuse I saw on the forums. I'd rather save my HDD the stress of having the same game get unpacked a million fucking times from the excessive compression they use to squeeze 6mb's out of the final filesize.

No it doesn't you salivating mongoloid; ECM is a compressed file, it's contents need to be unpacked before they can run in anything.

6% is 21MB of bandwidth per user, more with larger files potentially.

blame the joos for having stupid bandwidth caps and tiered pricing.

Just unpack it in a ram disk if HDD wear bothers you so much. You should have enough volatile memory to deal with a 350mb file.

Assuming you use windows there are tons of free programs out there to make virtual drives with your memory. It's just a single command in linux.

Found a .7zip of the game on nitro roms with a nice .iso inside, no bullshit included.

2nd world internet is so much better than 1st world internet, it's a fucking embarrassment.

heh

Obnoxious console vidya game upload method thread? Don't mind if I do:

I can do everything needed just fine, but my god is it a bitch to do compared to getting any other kind of console game off the internet. I'm not sure if this unneccessarily-convoluted crap is to prevent takedowns or if it's just pure autism, but I've never wanted to hold a motherfucker down and teach him basic efficiency and practicality methods this strongly before.

I'm guessing everyone in this thread doesn't know what Underground Gamer is.

you're late for two years faggot

What does that even mean, the site's been dead since 2012.

fuck you i'm in 2015.

Or they're smart enough to use iso collection torrents that have tons of seeders and only download the files they want instead of the entire thing. In 4 clicks and a few minutes you've got the game on your disk, no dealing with file hosting sites and dead links or filling up captchas and waiting between downloads as you're using their slower free service.

And this is why I buy physical copies :^)

You know what I meant by that, don't play dumb.

It's far past time I made an attempt at learning to read Russian

The Russian side of the internet looks a lot more fun

I'd rather download 10 separate .rars each containing 10 separate .zips for a 30mb game than throw my money away by giving it to some scalper neckbeard piece of shit

Never heard of Underground Gamer before and it seems to have been a private tracker. A public tracker might have slower speeds thanks to more leachers but it works just as well.

Had a similar problem with german version of Dino Crisis for PSX. Capcom put shitty DRM on Euro games of that generation. EMC removes correction bits that DRM checks for. Emuparadise is still offering this shit years after this is known. Quick google search and find .iso of german game on russian warez site. this is why emulation is so retarded. still prefer it bc its free and you can raise internal resolution and use filters to make it NOT look like eye cancer.

They decided on .ecm when they were organizing PS1 fullset torrents back in 07-08. The Emuparadise guy just kept one of the old sets uploaded with .ecm and .ape files.

For what purpose? Is the VA of better quality? Is it not a censored piece of shit like every other game that comes in the Holy Arabian Empire?

Don't need to read slavrunes to use rutracker as long as you can puzzle out the menus, but it certainly helps.

Archive.org has the US set from 2014, the magnets for all 3 up to date region sets are easy to find you have no excuses.

Also ECM bullshit is thanks to crappy romsites being retarded.

dude, I don't want to start a discussion about which VA is better. I just like the german version better since it's just german text + eng voice. and this game wasn't censored since the dinosaurs weren't Nazis ;^)

Just get the USA one. Runs better too.

Even espxe can run a .rar directly it's fucking braindead easy. You can legit drag the file onto the fucking emu icon to launch it if you're that inept.

just told you that it's the same except for the text

IF THE .RAR IS CONTAINING EITHER AN ISO OR A BIN WITH A CUE.

IT WILL NOT RUN AN ECM FULL FUCKING STOP HOW CAN YOU BE THIS FUCKING RETARDED.

AN ECM IS NOT A FUCKING DISC IMAGE STOP BEING RETARDED.

I don't understand why rar is still so popular when superior free formats exist.

Scenefaggotry

Fuck you dolphin team. Ya cunts.

sounds like you downloaded a pack for an emulator that plays directly off of .rars, congratulations asshole

>it's the wrong one

The worst is that they’re moving to MKV now. What better way to show you’re mentally ill than to move from a format without metadata to a format without metadata when a superior format with metadata has existed for decades.

An ECM is not a .rar. Actually read the fucking OP. No emulator will run a .ECM file regardless of whether or not it's packed in a .rar holy fucking shit how are this many people this retarded.

(checked)
HEVC makes problems for my laptop. mkv is nice but i remember having problems with it when it came out. now the same thing happens with HEVC and in 10 years ppl will cry about why no one used it since it is available now. x265 is currently a shit-show. just compare Xvid when it came out to Xvid now.

To get this thread back to vidya:
Is it true that FinalFantasyX remastered is 30GB because SquareEnix has uncompressed everything(video, audio & textures) in the game?

Well I've used rutracker before but they also have a large amount of imageboards and all those cyber-mafia shenanigans

Private trackers are such a fucking hassle to deal with that it's easier to spend five hours looking for an active public torrent of something obscure than to go near them.

I know its offtopic but

I just want to watch old wrestling goddamnit.

If anybody can find ECW Heat Wave 1998 I'll seed that shit for weeks if there's any peers.

I know it was near the surface of the private tracker depths but I miss demonoid.

Anybody have a list of videogames that still have problems for emulation?. Mainly PSX, PS2, GC and Xbox1 games

I know that feel all to well, you're just searching for games in the wrong places.

Here you go mate: pastebin.com/hicNfpCV
And some wads for good measure: pastebin.com/hicNfpCV

Dolphin can do .wbfs right?

They're all from Darkumbra which has the full NGC and Wii sets, it has a stupid post to show links method but alls in MEGA format

mega.co.nz/#F!WRcEybiS!XkS89zjkXlgscw9AJjXwrQ

PSX is basically perfect with retroarch's mednafen fork, pcsx2 and dolphin have a compatibility list on their respective sights, and xbox emulation? nigger what are you thinking?

I'm just having hopes for Xbox ;_;

The author of XQEMU says it basically just needs people with time and some emudev knowledge to get it finished and he doesn't have the time right now so progress comes in small bursts.

PCSX2 is making some ridiculous progress recently I wouldn't be surprised if there was only a dozen really broken games soon.

Is that such a bad thing though?

I'd been looking a long time and amateur videos are notoriously hard to find because a lot of them have vague descriptions.

But you got the best metroidvania game.

I never actually played it. I do have a tablet I could emulate them on but it's not working right at the moment.

But user, everyone knows SoTN is the only castlevania that doesn't belong in the trash.

are you talking just metroidvanias, or castlevania in general?

Just castlevania in general. Cave Story was pretty okay.

Nigger, castlevania chronicles is probably the best castlevania game. Go emulate that shit, its amazing.

I KNOW EXACTLY THE MOTHER FUCKER YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.
He has been a massive faggot on the emuparadise for a long ass time. He's a lazy cunt who wants to make shit harder for other users
NIGGER IF I KNEW HOW I WOULDN'T BE POSTING IN THE THREAD ABOUT IT.

Your opinion belongs in the trash

That's some reddit tier sarcasm detection you've got there.

_____:^)

Hot damn, you're a fucking legend user. I owe you big-time.

>ps1emu on PS3 not really compatible with multitrack bins
>do this over 600 times

Who cares if it's not a binary-duplicate?

haha nigga just learn how to script

Pirates who can't realize it's bitrate that makes up detail and not just resolution need to be shot.

Bullshit. I'm with OP, Emuparadise has a LOT of ECM shit in it. I gave up on ever bothering with them anymore. Once I see .ECM, I'm out. I hated that shit when the fuckers uploading shit on SNESORAMA back in the day kept using it, but now? CRCs are not needed. Not when I can download a 2GB file in 7 minutes. If it's corrupt, who cares? DL it again.

seriously niggers?

.wia filetype.
First time I encountered that there were a lot of angry people in the comments, because the only way to decompress it to an .iso is using the command line with a specific program. I got all my Wii games in .wia.

I love it when people are this thorough

It's pretty fun.
Like wild west fun.

archive.org/details/psx_redump_usa_20141221

it was uploaded in 2014. you just don't know where to look OP.

why? why do people do this? do they enjoy other people's pain?

I just poached them from darkumbra because their post to show links method is absolutely stupid. I think its just a time waster frankly. I just followed pic related and added some stuff that I'd seen mentioned in the Wii threads.

They've also got NGC games which I think I could make a pastebin too. I mean, NGC games are fairly easy to find but rarely are they in MEGA links. I know darkumbra has many of them in disc-ex format though, I don't know if those are usable on Dolphin.

i always assume it's intentional just to fuck with you. 3 months later after i've forgotten about the torrent it will complete.

What gayme was it?
I've been trying to get the Japanese ISO of the Klonoa remake on the wii. I can only find torrent links, and they're all dead. I've ran this torrent for 2-3 weeks, and I have made 0 progress.

The worst part about the ecm files is, that they never come with the subtrack file. If the PS1 game has a copy protection, you will need an additional patch to remove it, which might add an annoying cracktro.
Accurate PS1 rip consist of a ccd, an img and a sub file and always work.

the "shitload of smaller archives" thing is from usenet, before we had torrents. the file probably originated there and then the guy who reupped it was lazy and just packaged the same files he received into one volume.

So Xbox emulation will happen eventually, it's just going to take an insanely long time?

Many emulators support reading compressed files, especially if it's a seekable compression format.

This didn't happen, Python isn't a compiled language, unrar is in every software repo, and there's no way a package maintainer for an official repo would maintain a broken package that can't be run.

Oh…

Nice Wii list. Now I just need to figure out which of those fulfill the criteria of interesting me, emulating well, and not needing motion controls.

Regarding no motion controls, that's partially because I hate waggle, partially because I don't want to deal with getting wiimotes working on my PC.

PS1 games were the beginning of CD rips madebin NERO and Windows Media players.

There are dozens of formats such as iso, ecm/cue, abd directory of the disc where you run the game.exe file on the disc (why does PS1 use exes anyways.

Romsets use bin and cue but the best format is the .pbp because it makes 700mb games weight onlybaround 100MB or so. It also makes multiple disc games into one file. It was used on the PSP but now most emulators support this compressed format so I recommend converting redump Romsets into .pbp format.

It's not that hard, you just gotta enable real wiimotes in dolphin and connect them via bluetooth. If anyone wants to know a non-shitty stack, the Toshiba one's nice and easy to use.

Hmmm, looks like it's easier than it used to be, that's cool. But I'd still need something to do the job of that light bar thingy, I have the one that came with my Wii of course, but I really doubt I can plug that into my PC as easily as the controller can interface with bluetooth.

They sell USB lightbars for like $10 that will work with Dolphin. It could be a decent investment if you want to go down that path.

At that point I'd might as well just do whatever it takes to pirate games on my Wii itself. Unless that requires spending money too.

That's probably the only good part of Mega Man Legacy Collection when I decided to give it a run on 3DS, it came with pretty much every goddamned piece of promotional art and supplementary art that ever existed in high enough definition that zooming in on it would show you every detail.

raspberry

If you have the room and don't have anything flammable in the vicinity of your screen, you could use candles. Alternatively, if you have a bunch of remote controls laying around you could use them to make a sensor bar. Personally, I use the USB light things that came with my light gun.

You can use letterbomb to hack your wii and all you need is an SD card.

You can do it with an SD card if you're so inclined, just make sure it's formatted to Fat32 for anything above like 4GB.

If you really want to pod-race though you can set an HDD formatted to Fat32 and shove it in your Wii's USB slot with a sleeve or something and load GC/Wii isos straight from it. I don't remember if it requires a custom IOS file installed or not but it's the way to go for total and complete piracy.

Very few games on Dolphin can't have the wagglan mapped to something else. NHM the first one mind you comes to mind. Obviously Skyward Sword and the Wii Sports series but why would you want to play that? There's a patch for DK Country Returns that gets rid of wagglan though you can still map those to, say, the trigger. For example, playing Mario Strikers with a DS4 is surprisingly comfy, I just map the wagglan (Which is tackles and stealing I believe) to the triggers.

Yup, but its really easy to install, you just need an internet connection for the Wii. You can also do it without connecting your Wii to the internet, but it requires a few more steps. A Wii is excellent for a cheap emulation box. You can get a Wii for $10-$20 if they have a broken CD-Drive which you don't need since you'll be running games from the SD/USB slot.

Ah, cool, just didn't remember if you needed a cIOS or not. It's been forever since I've needed to tool around with my Wii.

I love my little bastard, if my spare HDD weren't clogged with stuff I can't port over to my current one due to lack of space I'd format it and get isos on it in a heartbeat. Only stickpin is I don't have a sensor bar (I use candles when I need to navigate the channel menu) or a Wii Motion + so I couldn't play games that extensively require the pointer or give Skyward Sword a try. Dolphin can only do so much on a toaster, even taking into account things like that CPU-light custom Ishiiruka thing.

I have some old drives laying around and an old USB1 external drive case, would that get the job done?

Yeah, I suppose that in any game where the waggle only counts shaking, and is no more nuanced than pressing a button it could totally be remapped, but offhand I'm not 100% sure about which games that goes for.

Happens way more often than it should

Happens way more often than it should

With the advent of 3D printers and information & tutorials being so fucking much easier to get these days I would like to see emulation ramp up to full on reproduction.

Fuck just emulating these things, how about being able to cobble together a working console and cartridge?

3D printing would only really help with cart shells, which you don't even need really.

You're thinking of an ssd

An HDD dies after so many rotations

The cost of a 3D printer, or multiple 3D printers to cover the different materials, and the material costs of all the different plastics and metals would be higher than buying every console out there multiple times.

I actually bought that game.

To do the actual modding you only need an SD card or SDHC card that is formatted to FAT32. When it comes to USB loaders, the Wii is somewhat picky as to which work so you may have to try some out, I'm using a WD My Passport which works just fine. Note the Wii can only do up to USB 2.0. Its an incredibly easy console to mod, heres a straightforward guide that covers everything you'd want for the Wii.
Etc etc.

sites.google.com/site/completesg/

The letterbomb is the easiest method since you only need to update the Wii to 4.3 for it to work.

I only recently started emulating got fucking buttflustered when I ran into a an ECM file trying to get Silent Hill (I think?). What really bothers me is that I can get PS1 games to work on my phone, but I can't make any fucking progress with Retroarch Mednafen on my laptop. Crashes immediately every time and gives pic related as a result.

What a shitty thread, deal it it. It's not like you are payong for the game anyways.

But what if I used to own them when I was little?

fuck off normalfag

I use it on my phone.

most people are realizing that DDLing is superior in every way and wondering why they ever used torrents.

>>>/reddit/
>>>/facebook/

Does this upset you?

Americans love their compression because their internet connection is SHIT OP.

Yeah these faggots complain about games being too big.

Oh, I forgot. The same ISOs work on my phone with PCSX-ReARMed that I can't get to work with mednafen on my laptop. I just fuck mednafen up because I'm a retard I guess.

The sets were organized a decade ago matey, you were probably underage back then.

Nope a decade ago we also had unlimited broadband. Speeds were slower though I admit.

Kazaa came from my country.

My dad used Kazaa when he wasn't dead, time sure does fly.

I'll bet he still uses it now, seeing as they're both dead.

Actually he started using Linux after a while.

Its a pain in the ass unpacking all these compressed isoz and burning them onto cd/dvds good thing my fat ps2 has freeHDLoader to boot games off an internal hard drive, but for ps1 games I still need to burn at the right quality.