So my roommate pulled out his Wii out of the closet, and it has a broken CD Drive...

So my roommate pulled out his Wii out of the closet, and it has a broken CD Drive, and this firmware on it called Bootmii.

I no nothing of this, so in short what kind of cool shit can I do with this thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=what cool shit can I get from [WII] Homebrew?
wiibrew.org/wiki/GCMM
sites.google.com/site/completesg/backup-launchers/installation
pastebin.com/hicNfpCV
mega.co.nz/#F!WRcEybiS!XkS89zjkXlgscw9AJjXwrQ
wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/USB_Devices_Compatibility_List
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Emulate shit + play Gamecube and Wii ISOs.

Bootmii is just an anti-brick measure. It doesn't let you pirate or anything else.

You need separate shit for that. go to wiiuiso for tutorials and games.

Bootmii is just a custom Wii bootloader for easy access to the homebrew menu, I remember installing it on my Wii, you can stick select Homebrew Loader from the Wii menu if you really wanted too

So what cool shit can I get from Homebrew?

lmgtfy.com/?q=what cool shit can I get from [WII] Homebrew?

Fuck you faggot

You can basically play any game with the right equipment, whether through emulators, Nintendont or USB Loader. Nintendont is one of the easiest things you can use so that means you can start playing Gamecube ISOs right off the bat.

touché for asking such vague fucking questions with broad answers you lazy fuck you can do lots of shit, Brawl Mods (including model swaps loke Spongebon and shit) play Triforce Arcade games like Mario Kart GP, fucking Google it faggot

Hey guys I have a question. I have a gamecube memory card with PSOI&II save data on it, and want to get that data on my pc. So is it possible for one of these Wii programs to extract data from a GC memory card?

How do I play games off my flashdrive?

Which programs would I have to look into?

Yes

I also wanted to add you can turn your Wii into a functional Linux computer with full USB support for keyboard, mouse, flash drives.etc with Whiite Linix, based on Debian so you have a massive software library from their PowerPC repos, I had a Wii with IceWM and Dillo web browser, the Wii only has 88mb of usable RAM so a SWAP partition is recommended

That's fucking dope, I'm gonna have to look into that.

Yes, you need an SD card or a flash drive plugged in. wiibrew.org/wiki/GCMM

Thanks so I am glad it can be done as I didn't want my characters from middle school to stranded.

Can you recommend the program, hack, or whatever it is I need to install to extract the data?

Shit, I knew I should've the Wii thread some user had before.

Bootmii is anti-brick protection, however, if it has bootmii it means the Wii is already modded. Since it was in his closet the first thing you should do is update the Homebrew Channel.

You can do this with USB Loaders. The three most popular ones are USB Loader GX my personal favourite, Wiiflow and Configurable USB Loader. Each has their own strengths but USB Loader GX is a good starting point.

To use USB loaders you need to install cIOS, stands for Custom IOS. You can follow the guide here: sites.google.com/site/completesg/backup-launchers/installation

Use wads or injected wads from the VC as well as having acess to an array of emulators which work excellently with the Wii. This essentially means anything Nintendo barring Wii U and anything Sega barring Saturn and DC

Pic related is the current Wii chart, the pastebin has everygame in the chart plus a few not in it.
Games: pastebin.com/hicNfpCV
Wads: mega.co.nz/#F!WRcEybiS!XkS89zjkXlgscw9AJjXwrQ

Enjoy. The Wii is a cheap, and good emulation box for everything Nintendo. If you want to play Gamecube games make sure to install Nintendon't for 99% compatibility (only one game isn't playable). USB Loader GX has built in compatibility with it.

Oh thanks that is exactly what I was looking for. I guess my post just below yours is unnecessary now.

Is the VRAM actually usable? I thought it was still the 64MB of system RAM only.

Also, note compatibility with USBs is spotty. The Wii is pretty picky as to which ones work and which ones don't. I'm using a 2TB WD My Passport. Smaller versions of My Passport also work. The Wii's memory is quite small so you might want to get accustomed to using an emuNAND (also easily done through USB Loader GX). Here's the list, do note its quite old: wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/USB_Devices_Compatibility_List

You should also get your hands on Priiloader if you don't have already, that way your Wii can boot straight to any dol. you choose, as well as making everything region free. Its a good anti-brick too.

How can I get the cIOS and the USB Loaders onto the SD card?

Okay, your SD card should have a folder called apps. This folder should be on the root of the folder. In that folder is where you'll place the different apps like Nintendon't, the cIOS installer, emulators etc (you can also do this from a USB if you want to, I only use my SD card for Brawl Hacks). There should be downloads on the link on my post. The guide also has a section for Nintendon't, Priiloader and other useful apps. Its pretty straightforward, unless you start fucking around by changing themes or attempting to delete hidden channels, you won't brick anything.

Meant root of the SD card.

Also, make sure your Wii is connected to the internet before doing the cIOS installation. Otherwise you'll have to follow the extra steps on the guide here

My laptop doesn't have an SD card reader, and way I can use my flash drive, or can I download homebrew onto the sd card using the wii browser?

What? Look, when you turn on your Wii and you access the menu, do you see a channel called the Homebrew Channel?

You could use USB-SD card reader. Or use USB that is compatible with the USB Loaders. For the moment a pendrive should suffice to install the cIOS.

I already have the homebrew channel bro

How do?

Are you simply acting retarded or…? See

You can use any USB you want to install the cIOS but the USB Loaders only work with certain USBs for some reason. Note the list is old and hasn't been updated in a while.

Go to wiibrew wiki
find compatible USB
Research on how to format it

Did you let him fuck your ass?

Don't you have homework to do or something?

fugg

For what purpose?

download premade wbfs files, unless you're actually using wbfs format on your harddrive, which you shouldn't

I've had the shittiest time trying to install Gamecube games with that program to use on Wii U via Nintendon't. Using a 2TB Lacie hard drive connected via USB, the two My Passport USB drives I've bought won't show up on either Wii or Wii U, despite working on the fucking Xbox One no bully, it was a Christmas gift. Any help?

OP here, just an update I got it to work and am now playing Super Smash

What are the most recommended Wii Titles?

Install a cIOS, then a cmIOS, get Neogamma and done. Free games.

I have a small question. When I download a .wad file for some games, then move the game to the SD card, when I try to play the game on the SD card menu, it says "failed to launch". Am I doing something wrong, or am I just retarded?

You need to install .wad files as channels with WAD Manager.

So I've installed the .wad files as channels with the WAD manager, but when I move the channels to the SD card, and then start it up there, that's when it says "failed to launch."