Cyanide Studios released two screenshots from their Call of Cthulhu game. Between this and Frogware's The Sinking City...

Cyanide Studios released two screenshots from their Call of Cthulhu game. Between this and Frogware's The Sinking City, is there a chance we'll get at least one good new Lovecraft horror game?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/DiWam
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conan_(books)#Wandering_Star.2FDel_Rey_editions.2C_2003-2005)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Fischer#Anti-semitic_statements
amazon.com/Coming-Conan-Cimmerian-Robert-Howard/dp/0739440810?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00
en.wikisource.org/wiki/On_the_Creation_of_Niggers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Perhaps in 2066 when the stars are right.

I don't think so. Plus the current Cthulhu Mythos writers are apparently trying to re-write Lovecraft out of history because he was "a racist bigot" and the next "canon" books will literally be about celebrating LGBT and "people of color". The way the game industry is, what chance is there that the same shit wouldn't affect the game "writing".

Wouldn't that mean writing out quite a few of Lovecraft's stories? A popular one that comes to mind is a shadow over innsmouth

Absolutely.

You know, I'd post something about how angry this makes me but really, it's my own fault for expecting anything else.

Just don't give a shit about the extended mythos. I see it all as fanfiction, even the old Derleth stuff. I've only read Lovecraft's actual stories and I'm satisfied with that.

I'll say this outright, expect low budget. Especially Voice Acting.

Gameplay might be good though, if Styx is anything to go by.

Perfectly justifiable if we can cleanse the world of that filthy fascist
Next is Conan :^)

It's 2016, assume everything is mediocre at best, but more likely shit and you can't go wrong, and you might even be pleasantly surprised

Speaking of Conan, I've been wanting to read some of those old books since they've been mentioned a lot recently. After I deposit my check I was going to buy Starship Troopers, but what Conan books should I grab?

Seriously? Well then I'll retract my posts a bit, Styx was a surprisingly good game for low budget stealth game. It reminded me of going to a store and seeing some completely random PS2 game sitting in the bargain bin for two dollars, then completely surprising me by being pretty nice.

If it counts for anything in Of Orcs And Men you literally mindrape a woman to save her and they outright state it's mindrape. They don't really have much in the way of SJW shit, but that's mainly because of their stories are pretty short and not really that well fleshed out besides a few exceptions

Aarklash had some really sick tits on all the female boss enemies, and that was a really good game too.

Yeah, I'm pretty much counting on the Styx sequel improving a lot for me to have something to replay as much as Thief or Splinter Cell.

hopefully they stay true to the source material and don't pull any punches. It always worries me when a western developer tries to adapt Lovecrafts work into vidya.

MY BODY IS READY

Best Cthulhu game so far, even though two of the puzzles were bullshit.

You surely must be jesting.
Right?

If don't mind reading books on the computer, you can just download all the old stories written by Robert E. Howard

you should be able to find a "collection" or omnibus that has most of the stories

You mean the current ones are those who don't embrace Lovecraft's nihilism and thus, render the entire mythos moot?

That sounds like a bunch of faggots and I hope they all get aids from assfucking.

Hitlerdubs confim a joke. Besides, everybody in the Lovecraft universe go insane, so fags and trannies fit like a glove, right?

Nice one, faggots. Soon, very soon, the world will hate you more than the Nazis and Soviets combined.
These pieces of human garbage are one day going to be eliminated by the coming societal crumbling. I've warned them, and they didn't listen.

Good thing is that Nazi's are being loved more and more, with good reason.

So anyways while we're discussing lovecraftian games, if you can stomach a really amateur game with good ideas, check out Yahtzee's The Consuming Shadows.

I shouldn't have read this.
It'll give me more fucking nightmares than any story from Lovecraft has ever done.

I suddenly feel the urge to kill. I'm sure MGS2 tried to warn us about this.

*Shadow

And while I understand anyone could call it shit for the shit controls and ascetic "graphics", it's one of my favorite games of all time. Well, the beta was, the full game is far too easy due to the level up system changes, but it's still so very hectic getting into the Stonehenge, finding the portal with sicty fucking seconds to go and not knowing the complete ritual - then getting it right by chance alone. Fucking hell the experiences with that game.

It does suffer from same issue as FTL and some other "roguelikelikelikelikeslites", and that's the fact that you're usually better off ignoring all choices and just going away, then penalties are often much worse than the possible reward.

This is so goddamn disgusting.
Fuck these parasites, they need to be thrown out already.

I didn't call it shit, I called it amateur. Yahtzee has the ideas, he just doesn't have the developing experience to back it up.

The ending where you banish the wrong god and then the following monologue with the invading god coming into sight is some spooky depressing shit.

archive.is/DiWam
May god have mercy

Lovecraft is a massive target right now for "white males apologising for racism" so expect these to be heavily censored to appease the council of problem glasses.

Motherfucker

Ahhh

AHHH

Can't have dystopia without degenerates.
Can't have a lovecraft word without the future we chose.

Do you remember that one tv series about muh internet gamergate harassment where they included a scene where the brave sjw was given death threats by a sniper that turned out to be just a massive exaggeration of the navy seals pasta or something

I would welcome real life cyberpunk to be honest. Chilling out in a slum, running pirated vidya and just hanging out with people with nothing to do but sticking it to corporations. Hopefully while constantly raining because this weather can go fuck a rusted knife

No, I don't really follow it much any more for almost a year, I only know the Law and Order episode.

With the way things are going in some countries, some anons are living the cyberpunk life

"Some legacies deserve to be shat on"
Would he say the same if Lovecraft happened to be a Jew or nignog?

Probably not.

Jesus
Why am I even still alive

epic, someone send OP a rare pepe

something something ancient memes nobody gives a fuck about anymore

It sure did, it warned that the ease of socialization through the internet meant that you could exclusively interact with only people who have the same opinions as you. So anyone who doesn't leave their safe space will cluster into their own little circles where their opinions will bounce off each other and become more and more radical, and they will believe that everyone outside of their cluster would have similar views (since 99% of the opinions they see are the same as their own).

Of course it's true here as well, there's plenty of Holla Forumsacks who need to go outside and talk to someone irl for once and there's plenty of Holla Forumsirgins who think that Holla Forums's opinion actually matters in the industry.

Nazis were scum, as were communists. Just because they would be against social justice does not mean they were the good guys.

You're not one the one who's lost the social war, nor are you the one who's now hated by entire countries for fucking up the Western world.
They've fucked up harder than they could ever know. Now, they're panicking and doing whatever damage control possible to save themselves. Too bad its too late and the end is coming faster than they can run. The SJW movement have made their own bed, its no one's fault but their own.

Get out, jew

Please save us Yog-Sothoth.

Fuck off, cunt. Communism and Nazism are both forms of authoritarianism and ultimately lead to censorship and mass silencing of the general public.
In order to actually have freedom, we have to put up with people we don't like. This is one thing that radicals on both sides of the pendulum don't understand.

To crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

I know I'm going off topic but whatever happened to that one recent Conan game? That was supposed to be a desert survival type of thing

And the middle ground faggots seem to forget that putting up with the extremists you don't like leads to "the middle ground" being pushed towards the extreme. All it takes is 20 years of tolerance for the next generation to see this as normal. Either you deal with the slippery slope, or your enemies win.

There was a recent conan game? I just remember the MMO

It wasn't released, just announced. I recall we had a thread about it that posted the CG trailer, some dude was going MUH NIGGERS and then some coolcat started posting conan babes and comics.

Absolutely disgusting

When people are stupid, they will accept and encourage actions that are detrimental, such as the prostitution of children or the legalization of drugs.
Instead of labeling one side the boogeyman and the other, "the protagonists", both sides should equally be questioned and critiqued. In modern times it happens to be the left. In the future, it will again probably be the right.
I'm not saying there aren't those of Jewish decent who aren't fucking awful people, nor am I trying to imply that EVERY SINGLE Jew is a bad person. I'm saying that an opinion needs to be thoroughly considered prior to being accepted as reasonable.

This user understands.

It's funny that these people think their work is anything more than deviantart tier fanfiction. Using somebody else's lore doesn't make you creative, or good in any way. It makes you a cheap knockoff. Nobody will remember these faggots.

how many logical fallacies can this guy unironically make?

Wait. Is that even possible? Can you have an official product when the source material isn't owned by anyone?

The west as a whole is fugged, and we have an ever encroaching enemy from the east who is ready to reap the lands. Luckily, you have people close to you who went through communism and had a resurgence in religion and are thus ready to repel the invaders. Only thing missing is someone to fork over the money needed to fund a 5th crusade. And when all is said and done, give us some land we can use to plant fields and well pacify again.

Fuck. meant to spoiler, not sage.

I thought that was published fanfiction rather than the actual continuation of the mythos since anyone can write about it and publish it. Who the fuck are these people? That Dan Older guy seems familiar.

Unless Lovecraft himself okayed it, it's just fanfiction.

I think the video game title for call of cthulhu actually has some sort of rights to that specific name.

Anyone's free to market their trash as a canon continuation of the mythos, but they can't force anyone else to aknowlege it as such.

How does that work when the author has been dead for almost 80 years? There's "shit written by Lovecraft" and "shit from other authors Lovecraft included in his works", of which we are never - ever - going to get more of for obvious reasons, and "shit by people who aren't Lovecraft". That's like writing a sequel to Hamlet that retcons all of the deaths at the end and saying that it's a "canon" work of Shakespeare.

The three Conan collections (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conan_(books)#Wandering_Star.2FDel_Rey_editions.2C_2003-2005) from Del Rey are by far the best I've found; they feature every available scrap (published or otherwise) that REH ever wrote about Conan (including maps, essays, poems, rough drafts, etc.) and all of the texts have been corrected back to their original unmolested forms. Buying those three volumes will get you all of the Conan you can handle.

They also published pretty much everything else REH ever did similarly, including Bran Mak Morn, Solomon Kane, etc. They're all absolutely fantastic books and as far as I'm concerned they are the definitive collection of REH.

Oh, and if you're a Holla Forumsfag then look into the Dark Horse trades of The Savage Sword of Conan.

There were only a few authors that ever seemed to write about the cthulhu universe besides him.God, I remember when I took a few college classes a while back ago and a professor got mad when I said I read and liked the cthulhu mythos because Lovecraft was the biggest bigot possible next to republicans. He got even madder when I said that I don't have to agree with someone to like their past work and I can still acknowledge that racism and other such behaviors at that time actually existed. I still don't know why conservatives were such a big boogeyman and still continue to be so. He blamed Republicans for causing Obamacare to fail as it did because they said it failed so it was a self-fulfilled prophecy. Current day universities are garbage.

I somewhat have hope for Sinking City since Frog's been wanting to do something like this for years now.

Well, at least you didn't back down. These new Liberal authors will always hate Lovecraft because he embodies everything they find problematic but still sells more than they can ever hope to.

Tell me, user. What is this common sense and where does it come from? Did God bestow in every individual inherently a measuring stick for every situation for Man where he knows the best possible way to solve every problem, even unforeseen ones without the need for experimentation only if he concentrates really hard enough? I concede, there is an objective "best" solution for almost all situations with whatever conditions, but common sense is a "overblown" idea. You and the people that passed you down your knowledge noticed a certain trend, cognized and understood it and you decided to act accordingly, supposing that absolutely everyone comes to the same conclusions and feels that it is morally the right choice to make (As with drugs and child prostitution, or child brides) is a stretch.

There are never just two sides and presupposing that the people "in the middle" are objectively the right ones is equally without basis. The only defining feature of the non-extreme people is that they do not spend as much energy to advertise and try and spread their own ideas to the majority of others, for whatever reason. Likewise, the "middle people" are the defining part of a society; if the majority believes x, then x will happen in that society. If there is a "best way" to be for anything, then there are also objective factors by which to determine the strength and vitality of these middle people. If you do not define what these standards are or if you let some "extremes" obfuscate the "common sense" you are bound to be led astray, by definition into a position where the middle people are weaker and easier controlled.
Left, right doesn't matter; protagonist and boogeyman are just words to illustrate ideas; the only thing that matters is if it improves or makes weaker the people, taking into account every relative factor.

I agree.

So you would say there hasn't been a noticeable push towards a certain ideology over the past 70 years in the west?

I never got why people were so attached to "Call of Cthulhu" as a name anyway. It's not his best story, and half of the things sporting the name aren't even based on that particular story.

I only took a few classes to brush up on some new things related to business and financing. It was more to help about my own business. Usually what I have been doing is reading at home about how to fix basic problems for plumbing and air conditioning.

The teacher thought I was a democrat and sitll thought so. He would make really cringe worthy statements

I don't either. I would have loved to read a story about being a gumshoe having to deal with cults of the King in Yellow. Just sort of a generic adventure where you stop a cult from doing something and move on with your day.

Brand name.

because Cthulhu stuck in pop culture despite him being on one of many Old Ones lovecraft wrote about

I'm not sure why anyone would take their work seriously, outside of Lovecraft's contemporaries it's meaningless. Just a cash grab while it's currently popular until they wring anything of value out it.

or the lurking fear where you get to play a very strelok style hide and seek with the abominations
Kind of like what the Evil Within was marketing itself up to be, scavenge and use traps to survive, finite resources

no shit there has been, but you just whooped out a false dichotomy while excusing the slippery slope (which can be fine, but never the false dichotomy).

There's been pushes towards certain ideologies for a long time fam, this time the ideology happens to be avenging the "oppressed" which followed the push for equality, it has just gone too far.

And as for what you were saying earlier, Fascism is garbage because it severely limits free speech and freedom of expression. Nazis are a great example of why fascism belongs in the history books as an example of how not to run your country right up there with Stalin's interpretation of it.

I've already got my good SJW-free Lovecraft game. Also

(checked)
While I agree freedom of speech is important, humanity as a whole hasn't reached the average that we can start building an egalitarian society.
We still need some restrictions imposed on the majority who are in the middle so shit doesn't go to hell. not oy gevalting you here, just saying your average joe or stacy don't bat two shits when something morally promiscuous comes into question, unless somebody already told them it was good or bad this can also be taken to extremes and abused beyond belief

elaborate on what you think those restrictions should be

Cthulhu fucking sucks. I have no idea how he got so goddamn popular.

And after ALL that buildup about Cthulhu influencing people through their dreams to form insane cults across the globe with the sole purpose of awakening him. Instead it's just "the cult failed but some random sailors did the job anyway I guess lol"

What we REALLY need is a story that incorporates The Elder Ones/Shoggoths, or paranormal investigation while using the Necronomicon as a reference to learn about rituals and shit. Also possibly some 4th dimension travelling. So much untapped potential.

I've heard people argue that At The Mountains of Madness was a sign that Lovecraft was getting over his racist ways towards the end of his life, because he depicts the aliens as having a culture of their own.
The mental gymnastics some people do to justify liking the work of someone they don't agree with.

Modesty in women for one. Once you let people whore out your society will go to shit.
Happened to Roman empire. Happening to the West as we speak. Those who control women control men.
Heritage and tradition should also not be vilified.
Homosexuality / Transexuality and that LGBT - Tumblr stuff should be allowed, but you make them pack it up in a nice package and not spewing it in public. By that I mean that I don't have a problem with two dudes who love each other and want to stick cricket bats up their asses. I have a problem when they do it in public.
You have to regulate these things. Skill and expertise should be honored, from the carpenter or soldier all the way to the musician and painter.
In a sense, you do let the market decide.You just have to change the market first

There are some pretty based racists like Bobby Fisher and Henry Ford. Look up Bobby Fisher on wikipedia it's fucking hilarious what he said.

I would assume it's the cult-part you're talking about. Cthulhu is influencing things world-wide in the book, whereas what happens At The Mountains of Madness is very isolated occurance (even if it has very universal implications).

Honestly my favourite is Innsmouth, fish people are fucking scary.

I always thought that the man was just following his own logic. If he was fucking scared of everything strange and considered some humans to be lower beings, what happens when somebody who's arguably "higher" form than you appears? He expected to be treated like he would treat things under him.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Fischer#Anti-semitic_statements

Ordered the first one amazon.com/Coming-Conan-Cimmerian-Robert-Howard/dp/0739440810?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

I'm generally more of a scifi fan than fantasy but this seems like something I'll enjoy.

How do you enforce modesty in women? force them to wear burqas?

How do you make people not vilify heritage and tradition? What are examples of this that you think are harmful?

Public nudity and fornication is already outlawed whether you're a homo or not, in what way would you go further than that?

The way I see it if you want the market to decide you just leave it alone.

We learn from history of what works and what doesn't. Fascism and communism have lead to countries which are heavily censored, and people are governed by a single ideology which cannot be questioned.

Okay, that's pretty fucking stupid.

Stop trying to sound smart; you're making an argument that "what has worked shouldn't be accepted because it doesn't agree with what I believe".
People like freedom, we've seen that. If you don't like it, then move somewhere that doesn't allow for religious or political freedom of expression.

Strawman.
Skepticism of both sides does not make a moderate's opinion more valid than an orthodox fundamentalist. It simply means he or she is skeptical of whatever is said, and believes it should be reviewed.

The reason we don't spend our time trying to coax people over to our side is because we don't have a side. Most of us believe that everything and anything is up for debate, no matter how controversial it happens to be. People will naturally ignore what doesn't conform to their bias.
This is what Robert Anton Wilson called, "the reality tunnel".

Not true. The majority of people in society believe that prayer should be brought back into schools, as the majority of people also believe that homosexuality is unconstitutional.
Just because the majority believe it to be so, does not mean it will be so.

This entire statement is can be viewed as a projection. I, nor any other skeptic, are bound by one ideology or standard.
"What works? What doesn't work? What has repercussions on the future generations?"

These are questions we ask. Some of what we find is not going to sit well with fascists or communists.

To silence one side while only accepting the other, that shows ignorance. It makes you and everyone who identifies with your ideas blind to any other opinion.

No, you don't. The only idea you'll accept is one that doesn't challenge what you believe.

Of course there has, since religion and conservatism has lost its hold on the western world. For some reason everyone believes that prior to the '50s homosexuality didn't exist.
The push towards social justice was due to a lack of self control and a victim mentality in the left.

Not surprisingly, Christians and conservatives had this exact same victim mentality for a long, long period of time.

Kek, he was a racist.
Pretty funny that geeky types who get cutesy cthulhu plushies and haven't actually read any of his short stories are just now finding out.

Hopefully this shit though won't seep into any lovecraft inspired games, but I would guess that any new "canon" books will maybe make some clickbait news for being progressive when it gets released but it won't sell and nobody will give a shit.

en.wikisource.org/wiki/On_the_Creation_of_Niggers

etc…

just a suggestion, it will condense your post quite a bit and make it easier to read since the reply will be attached to the statement and you'll use less newlines

Worst part about it is that if you dont agree with them you're a dirty liberal shill trying to undermine them.
Same with libs.

Repeat what history has thought us. I'm not saying we should outright slut shame, but we should drastically cleave child support for single mothers. Make it so the father doesn't have to support the child if the mother agrees to have it. That way you make ti so women don't raise a broken generation and don't live off the hard work of others.
Allow women the choice to be w/e the fuck they want, but incentives femininity and motherhood.

As for heritage, you have people ruining their underware over every culture that isn't western, and going back to the
LIke, we can objectively look at societies and see how their heritage has shaped what they are today. The west is fucked because it changed what worked with what sounded nice and they really really hoped would work out.

Gay pride parades? Slut walks? I mean, don't get me wrong. As a guy being able to fuck without commitment and having ease of access is great, but hedonism is only a downwards path. And children being exposed to rainbow colored dragon dildo float parades is something I am strongly opposed to.

The market chose this path and we let it. It needs a restart with some fresh gears.

Got you covered.

I'm talking about Cthulhu in pop culture. People are nuts about him for some reason. Guess they don't realize that his plans for world domination can be foiled by a fucking boat to the face.

And Innsmouth is one of my favorites as well. I could make a huge list of the things I like about it, but I'll just say that at least Dagon could fuck over the surface world at any time. He "just doesn't feel like it" and is instead content to making pacts of sacrifice with towns/tribes in order to bolster his ranks of fishmen. A single boat can't stop an army of fishmen.

Lovecraft was a fucking visionary. He accidently predicted the effects of radioactive fallout on nearby vegetation in Color Out of Space and describes the fourth dimension in a way modern day scientists say is one very plausible theory of what it could possibly be like. He also imagined alien beings who genetically altered their own race over billions of years to become superior: a very modern concept. He even describes how they tried experimenting with synthetic evolution as opposed to strictly biological. How the hell does someone imagine pure robotic life-forms in the early 1900's? Lovecraft is fascinating.

More like worst. What a fucking letdown. Lovecraft is never about the cults, they're as insignificant as the rest of humanity.

It's about the Elder Gods and how terrible and vast their power is, and how unfathomable their full nature is.

And how, any minute, we will all be consumed in a single, eternal moment of perpetual agony.

And the Gods won't even notice, as we are less than molecules to them.

No faggot, the tree of liberty is watered with the blood of tyrants. Freedoms are gained through violence and are secured through the threat of more to come. The shit you spouted is crap the commies tricked people with so that they'd be like the bird whose nest a cuckoo has laid its eggs in defending the creature that's starving and killing their chicks

Don't worry these guys will develop. The road only goes one way around here. If anything we should be happy there's new blood showing up.

Yes, because talking about issues and trying to come to reasonable conclusions is far, far worse than just killing anyone who disagrees with you.

"hey guys please stop cutting heads off we will be more tolerant"

Talking about issues and trying to come to reasonable conclusions to people who mean you harm and who don't share your values is insane and has lead consistently to us losing our rights.

If you're talking about Wahhabi Muslims, that makes perfect sense to fight back. However, whenever someone simply disagrees with you but means you no harm, then acting like an edgelord faggot does not good for anyone.

fucking cuck, there's more kinds of harm than immediate violence.

Because the government hasn't tried to censor me. Nor does it have the intention of censoring me.

Nice Alex Jones argument there, big guy.

And I'm from Serbia
Stay passive goy. This isn't bad, it's the future you chose.

You don't really need a one size fits all type of rule. The bottom line is that way too much is simply accepted as permissible. They're not just going to "understand" and then still be decent human beings. They're going to go all the way to whatever hard limit is set. If anything it's negligence on the part of the people who set those limits, through their cuckoldry force eventually becomes the only option.

I mean that's why I think Cthulhu is so popular compared to the rest, the story is more about the cult following around it thant the creature itself and people like stories about cults. That's where the impression that "Lovecraftian" needs to be about cultists, strangle glyphs and tentacles.

Also maybe because Cthulhu is one of the better described creatures that people can nowadays still imagine scary because of the deep sea-part of it. Elder things are something we could imagine Jules Verne describing when trying to think something spooky, even if what they actually are and what they do is absolutely horrifying. I remember reaching the part where they were basically doing autopsies to dogs and researchers alike simply out of curiosity and it sent shivers down my spine.

I meant dissected them, got terms confused there.

These people sound like supervillains.

This edge. This person sounds so fucking crazy that I ain't even mad.

And then he made you sympathize with them. I fucking love Mountains of Madness. It has a little bit of everything: Ancient aliens, long dead civilizations, unearthed horrors, arctic exploration, and even a bit of Cthulhu mythos tied in. It really saddens me to read about how Lovecraft kept having his stories rejected from publishers.

Yeah I haven't read all of his works yet but I think that story has most of the mythos/world building so far.

Also haven't played the Sherlock-game yet but IMO it makes sense for it to be more about cults and less about the absolute horros beyond our senses. Sherlock Holmes about mystery solving regarding human interaction, diving into the deep end with cosmic horrors wouldn't make much sense.

Right now my favourite game is Elder Sign: Omens simply for the art work that feeds my imagination. Gameplay-wise CoC: Dark Corners of The Earth had a great start.

Some of his early stories are strange but are interesting to read just to see where his thoughts were going. One of his first stories, The Cave, shows where his thoughts and ideas would be going later.

Fuck you fencesitters, we cannot allow this cancer to thrive. FUCKING PURGE IT ALL ALREADY!

I can't believe people are now realizing this. I can only hope for the best and expect the worst.

It's kind of hopeless discussing it with only a couple of screenshots out

there's a section of george lincoln rockwell's UCLA speech that might interest you.

we can't have a lovecraft thread with out some fag bringing racism
i don't care about the author

ok Holla Forums it is time to wake up
wake up Holla Forums

And? He's right, common sense is uncommen because people don't magically know everything and they only know what they experience and what they are taught. Whomever teaches history, right and wrong, etc., etc. is in control of the future.

I haven't, few of the people I know want absolute freedom and the rest don't care so long as the cops don't barge down their door with the rest actively wanting less freedom for supposedly more "security".

And they'll conform to the loud minority because they're the only ones voicing their opinion most of the time so it warps people's perception of what the popular opinion is.

The irony of this statement is that your own bias against anything that is authoritarian means that you automatically write off any and all answers that would remotely give authoritarian policies merit.

I'm not talkiing "we" either, just you.

The screenshots aren't really the problem, although they look generic and uninteresting.
The actual problem is that considering how everything have been going right now, the possibility of it being a good game in any sense is small, really small.

What about it.

It's undeniable that SJW will try to cover than kind of shit in the game.
But it would be nice to discuss Lovecraft without someyhing that everyone already knows.

t. Modern video game industry

Well it kind of is, it's not like it's wrong. It's inspired by Lovecraft. Most things with an ounce of horror in them draw some inspiration from Lovecraft.

What's wrong is saying that Lovecraft's legacy should be one of hope, love, and finding oneself, because that isn't the fucking case. Lovecraft-lite is one thing, drawing minor inspiration from the guy's work to make something with a message of hope or anything positive at all is fine. It's not arrogant or manipulative to do so.

But doing that, then turning around and claiming your work should be considered part of the Lovecraft canon, or part of the cosmic horror subgenre in general, is just fucking disgusting. Which Gravity Falls, thankfully, never did.

I'd like to point out to people saying that the writing might be infected with the current SJW erasure of Lovecraft we've been experiencing for a while now that Cyanide doesn't have a history of pandering. Not saying infection couldn't have set in recently, but I'm going to maintain cautious optimism.

All of the more civilized and great cultures were written in a more sympathetic light compared to the Elder Gods that just crushed people because they happened to be there or the fucking fish men who seemed intent on fucking with any group they come into contact with. Even the fishmen had a moment where one was depicted as relatively sympathetic where a human sorcerer hijacked the body of his daughter. The rest of them in that story were fucking horrible cunts and deserved a horrible death for going along with that.

NEVER EVER

Yeah Lovecraft had a hard-on for civilization and the well learned high class. His protagonists are almost always white, high class men from the city that have graduated from university or are currently attending one. On the contrary, the antagonists are almost always imported blacks and other immigrants, secluded people living in shitty towns, and ones associated with old supernatural tribes/rituals like the witches of Salem or the pagans.
It's easy to see Lovecraft's stances on race, class, and genetics from his works. I think one of the main reasons Lovecraft portrayed the Elder Gods as evil was because of his fear and hatred of the imported voodoo from blacks, old superstitions like the witch trials of Salem, and other secret cult nonsense that he associates the Elder Gods with. They directly represent the hatred and fear of the unknown to him.
Also in The Rats in the Walls the protag's cat is is literally named Nigger-Man

KILL

Hope it will be close to the book.
If someone has it read it yet you can look at the video.

Styx had good voice acting, though. Reminded me of Thief.

KILL

Heart attacks are too good for them though.

For the first time in my life, I have no words. I have become so fucking desenitized to quite literally everything and this was the first thing in a
LONG
time that genuinely made me clench my fist with pure boiling rage.

Please be joking.

Probably a good time to get comfy with Fahrenheit 451
Huxley and Orwell were both wrong

The nerve of these fucking faggots.
They deserve no respect.

I can already picture their reactions when this blows up in their faces.

For fuck's sake, how do these people live with themselves? Do they actually enjoy being insufferable twats unable to create an original thought or to appreciate the creativity of others?

I want to hug Monokuma

Good luck with that. Nothing written by anyone who wasn't part of Lovecraft's Circle around 1920-1935 will ever be canon.

This. Take solace in the fact that these new 'canon' books will be about as quickly forgotten as modern vidya reboots.

(Holy Shit)

As long as they haven't started revising the original books to reflect current views, it's still good.

but he was a nignig just like shakerpiare ;^)

Probably because "modern" Lovecraftian Horror is all about love interests and then effortlessly slaying monsters with tough, independent lady investigators who don't need no Shoggoth. Plus, Lovecraft was a racist, so it's icky and problematic to even discuss his actual work, everything has to be changed to appeal to modern sensibilities, g- I mean consumer.

That's obviously too triggering.

Double dubs confirm!

Who gives a fuck about "Lovecraft" novels not written by Lovecraft?

You mean all muslims, faggot?
The ones that don't chop peoples' heads off are the ones that will be trying to fuck your daughter.
You sound like a sheltered cunt who hasn't been to fucking Germany yet.

You have no idea how bad shit really is.

It's terrifying watching an entire generation miss the point so completely, then somehow have the nerve to think they can just overwrite the past with whatever is trendy, all the while boasting about it in an insufferable public platform where you can show the world what an asshole you are.
It doesn't fucking MATTER that our man HP was a racist, he was raised more than a century ago, everyone was a fucking racist. Just enjoy the stories for what they are, god damn. That's just too fucking hard for some people.

Prime example of why murder should be legal.

It wouldn't matter if he was around today either because there is literally nothing wrong with being racist.

1/10

Shit tier
Valid.

That's pretty cold.

I thought the point was that he wasn't even that racist, he was just akin to a hikki shut-in who disliked foreign things and enjoyed familiarity. Hence why his works are characterized by fear of the unknown and the insignificance of the self in the face of said unknown.

didn't call of cthulhu get cancelled like 5 years ago?

I knew it would happen eventually, but it still hurts.

You can already do that, it's just that you'll probably get shanked by a homeless black guy who steals your phone, and as you'll soon find out the corps are too powerful for you to be able to do anything anyway.

It is kind of amusing that the class he loved the most are the ones not only shitting on his legacy but western civilization in general. If Lovecraft had a less nihilistic view of the world he might be spinning in his grave; however, his views might lead him to laugh at their folly.

The arrogance that they think they'll be remembered over an author that started an entire genre is astounding.

Nobody gives a shit about no-name "queer" authors outside of their little hugbox.

Which one?

Your understanding of the story is as stupid as your assessment of it. They strike him with the boat, but he begins to reform, he can't be killed like that if he can be killed at all. What "saves" the world is the fact that another Earthquake strikes and R'lyeh is once more pulled under the sea where the elder sign takes affect once more.

And one of those sailors dies during the escape aboard the steam ship, the other dies of his mental trauma years later. Cthulhu was retroactively made cool, the story was not well received at all during Lovecraft's life time.

The term "starving artist" exists for a reason, and Lovecraft's writing didn't really gain popular until after he was dead. He died in squalor with only his cat and his two aunts even aware of his condition.

Had he lived Neil Gaiman and ST Joshi both believe he would have gone on to write his best works that would have blown away all the stuff he did when he was young (some of his stories he wrote when he was still under the age of 10, and most of his stories he wrote before the age of 25).

REH was pretty much in the same boat. He was a published writer for all of seven (7) years before killing himself and yet is probably the single most influential fantasy author ever. Going from his early works to his later works is really impressive; his early stories are basically shallow and moderately descriptive fantasy RIP AND TEAR (impressive enough in itself; pretty much the only thing comparable at the time was Burrough's Barsoom series and even that's much more similar to pulp westerns and Verne than Howard) but by the end of his life his prose had developed greatly and his stories were becoming more nuanced. It's a goddamn shame that he died when he did.

As silly as it sounds I'm kind of trusting with Cyanide now. They've got shit for budget and it makes their games suffer for it but I still somehow end up enjoying their games much more than AAA games.
I mean Aarklash shits on the gameplay of Dragon Age and The Witcher, but unfornutately has nothing in terms of story of replayability(besides higher difficulty).

For Styx himself? AAAAH QUITE SO MY DEAR COLEEG
For everyone else? MY HEAD'S ABOUT TO EXPLOODE

Honestly whoever voiced Styx has a really cool voice and it gives character to the goblin. I fucking love it.

All the idiot Bulgarians are going to the west. That leaves the rest of us here fighting to improve our country. We're banning burqas throughout the whole country. Fuck the west. It will be our legacy soon. Purge the Mudslimes, Purge the commies!