Questionable Malcontent - Sinking Ship Edition

I don't have anything funny to say here today. One strike compared to Stabby's many.
Previous thread: >>911191 archive.is/VdwsX

Archives
Edits: gitgud.io/InfinityMalcontent/QMC_Edits/tree/master
OC: gitgud.io/InfinityMalcontent/QMC_OC/tree/master
Threads archive: gitgud.io/InfinityMalcontent/QMC_Threads/wikis/home
Older stuff (Editfag Prime):
Edits: imgur.com/a/Sf5J0
Omits: imgur.com/a/HtKr0
Twitter Bully: imgur.com/a/Jb1a1
OC: imgur.com/a/kSZcE

That used to be a cheap-ass haircut for people who couldn't afford a real barber - they'd put a bowl over their head and trim any hair that fell below the rim.
People did that 50 years ago.
It looks even more stupid now than it did then.

Could have added a sound effect, something knocked over… anything! It's a fucking comic!
But no - just lots of white space and a really bright light or something reflecting off Faye's hipster-sized glasses.
The excitement never starts :/

The machinery doesn't even look all that cool.

Looks just like a regular drill, but digitally controlled.
Also looks like the retarded kid would have to deliberately try to fit herself into that position - if he actually did run into it she'd likely have a big gash on her head from doing so.
I mean look - she'd have to walk towards it with her hands held above her head, bent over, and then climb the rest of the way into it to get her feet off the floor.

The lack of any sound effects means this could actually be true - Faye and Menstro stood there, watching, while the retarded kid carefully climbed onto the machine.
And is it just me, or have Menstro's tits disappeared in the 3rd panel.
It also looks completely retarded wearing trunks over a leotard.

Looks like a tiny CNC router or something.

Needs to be more bushy.

Why is the robot wearing briefs over everything else?
Why would anyone think that's a good idea?
I mean, I know this is Jeph we're talking about, but even the most chromosome-laden potatos don't do that.

I think the unitard is actually just a colour patter on her skin, so with out the briefs she's "naked".
Now, she doesn't have a pussy but Jeph can't imagine a mind that isn't retarded, so he makes his robots have human characteristics they have no reason to have. Like ticklishness they don't have nerves for, or a desire to wear clothes to cover nothing.

He's worried someone might call him a robotist.

Looking at the comic, I'm pretty sure the unitard is real. You can see a little bit of shading around the collar, as well as a small crevice between the tits just barely showing above the collar.

Either way, the inclusion of briefs is still ridiculous.

That or a milling machine, or a bench drill with a depth readout. In all three cases, the machine is more than likely covered with razor sharp, spiral shaped chips. The manic kid would be bleeding like a stuck pig from sliding into the machine like that.

It's originally part of her skin, but I think Jeph forgot.

isn't this the comic by that guy who stabbed himself in the hand?

That's one of the things that annoys me about the Roboshop - the size of the machines.

They're supposed to be working on anthropomorphic robots up to about 7ft tall, yet all the machines look like the domestic appliance version of proper, industrial machines.
It's like trying to run a bakery with a Babby's First Kitchen Set by Fischer Price.

If this was a good comic, then a good way to explain that away would be that robot parts have fallen out of patent, with parts for specific models still being prohibitively expensive. So a sideline business sprung up with small shops, like Faye's, retrofitting much cheaper generic off-brand parts to work in the hundreds of different models. You could even expand on it as to the actual legality of these back alley robot surgeries, or have the off-brand parts being outright stolen; robots waking up in ice filled bathtubs and that, which would give the robot fights an actual reason to both exist and be illegal.

But instead the plot is going to be about a cluster A grinding her dramatic weight on trauma plates.

I think the greater offense is the industrial machines being indistinguishable from the espresso machine at Coffee of Doom.

About that, apparently it's supposed to be a co2 laser, which makes the chuck on both the machine and the bench even more confusing.

What is this i don't even

You got your wish, user: a new machine. Which is just an empty box with a numpad. Yeah, it could be a scale but it goes back to the "no bigger than a finger" concept in shop that's supposed to be working on humanoid robots. Also, the durable joint is totally a metal dildo curved to hit the g-spot.

Credit where credit is due: almost nothing is consistent or believable in this universe but Faye's unlikely kinship with Sam is a stand-out.

Jeph forgot about the shorts already.

That one is a vacuum mold, and most likely using thermoset plastics. It's still missing over half the machine to work, though, because Jeph is a suburbanite hack who's never so much as looked at any craft tool more complex than a planer for fear of completely losing his hand next time.

only Jeph could find a way to ruin thicc robot muscle girls. Requesting user saving her from this comic and introducing her to the way of the dick.

It doesn't even show particularly robotic behaviour; just that it sticks a phone charger in its neck every night (how would that serve it in a combat zone, anyway?).
I thought the whole idea is that it's supposed to be a social retard due to its life being either in combat zones or at Robot Wars. While the ADHD kid was running around like a special it could have asked Faye, "Why is she doing this?" but no; just stands there like Faye, pulling the same expression as Faye, and later making sarcy comments just like Faye.

He took what was an easy plot-generator, the most obvious being the ol' Fish-out-of-Water, and made it just as bland and endlessly quippy as everyone else.

And there's an interesting point - he has a character for whom sexuality is of the utmost importance in Clairence, yet no-one's allowed to talk about it and avoids the subject like the fucking plague. Yet at the same time he has Menstro who is only aesthetically female, has no genitals and no sexuality, yet everyone is in a rush to sexualize it by looking at its arse and commenting on its body all the fucking time.

Jeph supposedly prides himself on having a "diverse" and "inclusive" comic, and in doing so acknowledges the plight of transgenders everywhere by ignoring the subject completely beyond the words, "I'm trans".

She took the shorts off once they were alone inside with the kid, apparently.

Agreed, but I'm fairly sure it's by coincidence, not by planning. Jeph writes all his characters to have the same childish, random sense of humour, because there is no other way to maintain such a fickle, easily-offended fanbase. Imagine any one of the other characters putting a robot skin covering on their face and saying the same thing. Who is it really out of character for? Maybe Hannelore. Menstro? Clinton, if he had any destined role in this comic besides getting rejected by IPP and getting the regret fucked out of him by a burly yet pathetic bouncer?

Menstro gets sexualised because Jeph has an audience that is hugely identifiable by their sexual identities. Tumblr culture rejects anyone that doesn't act almost exactly like them, so they have very little actual distinguishable personality. In the absence of a personality, they turn to more and more esoteric sexual identities to stand out from the crowd. This means that they're prone to sexualising everything. Platonic friendship? They want to bang. Two guys with a rapport? Gay fuck-buddies. Chain of unrequited love? Orgy'll fix it. They're the modern sexually frustrated fourteen year old boy, thinking that all of their life problems will be solved as soon as they have sex, and they project that onto other people, but they're actually in the 18-25(+) demographic because body-positivity makes it hard to get laid.

As for completely ignoring Clarence's transgender status beyond one line and the second most meme-worthy four-panel comic strip of our time, transgender people exist within the dichotomy that they want to pass, but they also don't want the fact that they are trans to be forgotten, because they crave attention. It's the same issue strong wymyn have with mostly male workplaces - they want to be treated like everyone else, but they also want to be praised for it.

You've probably seen trans-supportive comics posted here and elsewhere. Assigned Male, that kind of shit. They're drawn exactly like their artists want to look - perfectly transitioned, such that no-one without a gene sequencer could tell they're anything other than the gender they present. But their universes seem to be filled with incredibly perceptive bigots that can see more than the reader can and use that knowledge to throw out strawman arguments that our heroic trans protagonist can destroy with a one-liner and a smug look at the reader in the fourth panel. Jeph walks a fine line by keeping Clarence's surgically installed gash out of the spotlight, but he knows he'd fuck it up if he called attention to it, so he paired his new trans character that was diversified on the fly with the old protagonist that he'd gotten bored with to make himself look diverse without putting any effort in.

Wait, when the fuck did the tranny get there? Did he seriously replace a child with his degenerate self insert?

look at the strip number

Wouldn't be out of the range of reality.

Typical stalling strip, though I don't know why he's stalling this time.

yeah, that explains a few things

this is the gentlest way I've ever seen to describe procrastination

Fairly new here, does jeff always make these really shitty jokes you can't get without reading the comment down the bottom ?

It was once his calling card, except the bottom comment is fairly new, last two years or so. Historically he'd make some reference to some 80s electronic or hair metal band no one never heard of or forgotten.

Took the gamer profile test for the hell of it. Not surprised except for the immersion score. It's not that I'm against getting lost in a game world, it's that 99% of developers think this means spitting at me novels worth of exposition text and shitty lore and mini-series worth of cut scenes rather than letting the world tell the story or at least hiring a b-grade writer. I'd rather just play a gamey game than put up with something like that.

See, I think this strip could work fairly well if you got to punchbot one panel sooner. Then after his "occupational hazard" comment you have him introduce his co-worker who is a robot with a leg torn off. Anything is better than "can haz robut arm for 2 dollaz? lol XD".

One of Jeph's core problems, dating back to the very beginning, is confining himself to a rigid, symmetrical panel format, as if a fictional newspaper is making him do it. The consequence is that Jeph either gets to the punchline a panel early and writes filler for the end or deflates the joke before he gets to the punchline.

And then there's the problem described in the image.

When faced with a straight fan, Jeph can't even.

This is the exact argument widely used to wedge trannies and gay characters that may as well be mute and wear a rainbow shirt with a dick emblem on it into mediums. Also

So couldn't even that he had to share that to everyone so they could see just how much he couldn't even.
I've never understood the desire to share outrage to this extent over something so insignificant. If this single person's personal opinion is enough to upset all those people then they will lapse into a catatonic state once the real world slaps them off their feet.
Shit, no wonder they all want to work from home.

This also basically confirms that QC will never feature a romantic relationship between two non-LGBTQX characters ever again. Not because Jeph's incapable of making such a ship (he has in the past), but because, in his eyes, those people who prefer hetero relationships are obviously horribly evil white dudebros who voted for Trump, and Jeph will do everything in his power simply to spite them.

Wut?

Opposite implies there are only two sexes, which, of course, everyone knows is true.

Possibly also because, as has already been mentioned, all his queer/tranny relationships are perfect idealizations of what happens in real life, with no drama at all (In fact, there have been plenty of hetero breakups but have any fags or lezzies called it off?). They are, bascially, gilt-edged, fairy tale relationships.
ie. Jeph can just make that shit up and the idiot fans will fawn all over it. It requires no knowledge of real life relationships of those sort - he can get all his info from all the "queer-friendly" webcomics he reads.
So I'm thinking that a reason he doesn't have any hetero relationships anymore is because he simply doesn't know what a healthy straight relationship is. Especially since his have gone tits-up in the past and always involve some weirdo on the verge of being a lesbian anyway.

A common statistic thrown around is the rate of "transwomen of color murdered" ("THEY ARE *LITERALLY* KILLING US, STAY WOKE"). Of course the
who cite this usually completely ignore that this statistic falls under the greater number of blacks killing blacks, because das rayciss.
Other than obvious savagery, the reason behind this statistic is blacks having the lowest sexual dimorphism, so they actually fall for traps and then kill them when they find the dick.

All a black man has to do to pretend to be a woman is get fat.

Closest to this are the exes Tai talks about and the fact that Marten's dad divorced his mom because he was gay.

Reading that made me want to do pic related.

I know that, but why did she write it in a way that says only vile monsters engage in hetero…oh wait she's no doubt one of those people that think that there is no such thing a consent and that we are all born from rape.

I honestly think this whole thing is one big shit test and what these ugly, attention seeking woman want more than anything is for Chad to toss them onto the ground and have his way with them.

It labels Claire as a man. That would be a counter-example otherwise.
The socjust-friendliest way to phrase it would be to complain that all relationships are queer in some way.

Given the fact that a lot of feminists have written rape fics and the like, yes you are right.

oh boy, more of this shitshow.

Christ, he really couldn't be bothered drawing the damage, could he?
Surely a robot knows how much its own parts cost and how easy/difficult they would be to fix…?
And is Jeph forgetting just how common robots are in his world? Why would any of this be a novelty when even fucking coffee shop employees can afford AI companions?

It keeps getting said, but maybe Jeph has just plain ran out of ideas.
Perhaps yesterday's twitter drama triggered him into a pool of his own piss.
So what's next strip's hilarious, lol-randumb punchline, then…?

And why do they need a human for repairs, anyway? Even a highly skilled welder/mechanic is going to be inferior to a highly precise machine with artifical intelligence. Plus there was that shop bot Jeremy built in the shape or a welding tool or something similar.

Nothing makes sense in this hard sci-fi universe.

Why, if I may ask, there's enough space in a robot to insert you MOTHERFUCKING HEAD INSIDE?!

Of all the retarded things Stabby has come up with, this is one of the most stupid

why are these robots such a pack of screwups?

He ran out of ideas almost a decade ago.

as a straight taco, that loves girl fetishism, is there a webcomic that cater my taste?

>>>/strek/ leaking is always a good thing.

Is he really trying to make his universe Hard Sci-Fi? The sci-fi in these last couple of panels is about as hard as overcooked pasta.

Off the top of my head, I can think of at least four heterosexual couples who are still technically in QC (Dale and Marigold, Steve and Cosette, Wil and Penelope, and Marten's mom and Sam's dad), they haven't shown up at all for like 300+ pages though, which is especially odd considering Dale, Penelope and Cosette allegedly still work at Coffee Of Doom.

For a long time now, Jeph's been trying to find that perfect balance of making sure his Patreon doesn't go into a nosedive while also expending as little time or effort as possible on the thing that's keeping his Patreon afloat.

Double whammy between the unshown innards and the unshown moose riding.

He boasted a few times on Twitter about how complete his world building was because he's such a fan of hard sci-fi. It was mocked here regularly for some weeks.

Of course but there's usually a narrative-stalling reason for these filler strips as Jeph reads feedback to decide whether to do a 180 or not. A few years ago it was normal for Jeph to end weeks on a cliffhanger.

you might apppreciate Lesbian Mystery Club

Menage a 3
There's also "Go get a roomie", but I don't know if it's still going, nor would I really recommend that heap of degeneracy. It started out cute, but then it just devolved into pure tumblr.

Oh man, I haven't read that in ages. That's a fucking shame.

It was degenerate trash from the start, you just grew a modicum of taste

Not that user. I went ahead and reread a couple of pages. It was tumblr from the inception, that much is obvious now, but fuck me, does it get MUCH much worse along the way.

We could draw something else there but I'm not sure what.

Uh-oh! jeph's getting more and more triggered by drawing Menstro in that form-fitting leotard.
He has now removed Menstro's cleavage entirely, but left the phony tits there to remind us he has a "female" robot.

Give it time.

wtf is this shit

I think he was trying to set up a joke but couldn't think of a punch line.

It's just so wrong on so many levels:
That's enough and I'm probably still missing things.

This entire sub-arc is fairly contradictory to the world Jeph has established.
AIs are so common that household appliances are anthropomorphized, are so cheap that any idiot can afford them, and they can even get upgraded with new, humanoid bodies from the equivalent of an Apple store. Yet the kid with the awful haircut gets so excited about seeing them she can't stop running around like a drunken chimp and smashing the place up, reacting like they're the hottest new item and so rare it's like she's getting a sneak preview.

I bet Asimov died the instant Stabby first thought of this Comic

Checked Reddit and the forum to see what they think and even they think the fax machine bit is stupid, though others are falling over each other to fight the cognitive dissonance and justify it. And they're getting it wrong. One guy thinks that faxes are useful because they provide iron clad time stamping, apparently not realizing that the time and date is whatever the user sets on the machine. Some others think that faxes cannot be intercepted when it is as easy as wire tapping, in the literal sense. Unless you happen to measure the voltage drop on the phone line you'll never notice and even then the same thing can be explained by routing and wire length. Many office buildings have telephone patch panels that anyone can walk into.

When did Sam get her tactical bowlcut? School shooting plot arc when?

Jeff just can't keep his fax straight
Sorry, I tried

Faxes are the vinyl records of Jephverse.
But fucking hell, claiming faxes can't be intercepted? So what, it needs to be a big secret that this blue twat got its arm repaired after getting smashed up in public?
Just go for extra security and have them type the invoice out on paper and swallow it.
Problem right now seems to be that Jeph is trying really hard to be funny but he doesn't know how to structure a joke, or even understand what can be classed as humour; all he can manage is wedging in some lolrandom shite and hoping his moronic fans find it funny.

Nice full house, user.

Yeah, walking around in public and at work with a missing arm won't tip anyone off. The perfect crime.

Not secure enough, someone might examine the ink ribbon and deduce the entirely nonsensical circumstance of the robot's damage, it might attract some amount of fun to the plotline. Better to have them write the invoice on a piece of paper and memorize it. And then afterwards burn the notepad and erase the robot's memory so it can't be recovered.

Jeph's trying to look smart by regurgitating some nature program he watched at 2:00 am.

"Nice to meet you" and "snakes" also contains an 'n' and 's' sound? I dunno.

That a robot nearby can detect snakes still doesn't change the fact that her dad won't let her go looking for 'em. A logical stance, considering she keeps getting irrationally overexcited over mundane things.

I had a dream last night that I was carefully stepping over coiled-up snakes, hoping they wouldn't bite me.

This probably has something to do with it.

Either kill yourself or kill me, jeph.

Is this the same kid who verbally slapped an unrealistically condescending salesman, getting Marigold to swoon and declare "You're my HERO", or was that some other kid character?

Because if it is, then between that, this, and her haircut, she's definitely racing ahead on the annoying character rankings.

If they were actually sprayed on, yes they would be. This, however, is some ADHD kid, who looks like she'll grow up to shoving snakes up her fud on webcam, with a fucking sharpie.

I'd guess that these robots have had too many magnet sessions to think that a fucked up line drawing is worth paying for, and that thre fuck-ups somehow add to the value.
I doubt Jeph would be happy if he went out to get a new Adventure Time or Steven-fucking-Universe tattoo and it ended up looking like it'd been scratched on by a blind man with Parkinson's disease.

Drawing those like a blind man with Parkinson's would only make them more similar to the originals. Maybe it's a similar situation here. Maybe art, having fallen under the SJW censorship board, has been degraded to the level where fourteen year olds with Sharpies are treated as modern Michelangelos.

Or maybe it's because Jeph's artistic circlejerk constantly praise even the dribbliest, most foul shits that drip from each other's Cintiq pens, and he assumes it's the same for everybody else.

Artist's rendition of his totally SICK authentic spray.

Silly me, I thought this would introduce tension in the form of robo-drugs or that "sprays" worked something like Pay 'n' Sprays from GTA. I guess that's the "joke": instead of something interesting we get something harmless and boring. I bet the forum is going crazy over this hilarity.

Yup, same character.

Someone needs to stab his hand again.

This is like the SJW version of niggerwalk comics.

Blue Yeti is basically a litmus test on how to separate people who are serious from trendsters. It's the Beats of microphones.

YOU FUCKING FAGGOT!

And the next day, he comes back to the shop for repairs after being severely beaten by a robot gang for wearing such a lame spray.

So, she's being paid to do lame, talentless drawings?

Is this whole arc just to justify Stabby's work?

I've never seen a salesman who has actively tried to sabotage a sale the way he does. Usually the moment you say you are interested in buying something the salesperson will personally lead you to the item and point it out to you, then point you in the direction of accessories. I've never seen a salesman ask "are you sure" for something as mundane as a microphone unless they are trying to up-sell the customer into buying more serious hardware.

He could have put down an Audio Technica or any one of Blue's high end microphones and it would justify a "that's a serious piece of hardware" comment and make the character seem somewhat knowledgeable more so if she asked for an audio interface as well. But nope, he did basically no research and it shows.

See I read that strip different, and I saw this sentiment around at the time it came out too. Yes the blue yeti is the memecrophone, but that's because it's among the cheapest microphones you can hypothetically get studio quality out of, right? So a bunch of kids see that shit being pimped by their favourite streamers or fuckin… asmr channels or whatever, and they get super excited and bug their parents for money. Then they go home with no filters, no muffling, no supplementary equipment of any kind, they set the mic up in their cluttered 3x3 metre bedroom, they lean right on top of it and of course it sounds exactly as bad as their iphone mic. Worse, concievably.

At this point, best case scenario they're just quietly disappointed, but more likely they whine to their parents and the whole mess potentially walks back in your store and that's why it's perfectly justifiable to ask a 12 year old who comes in and asks immediately for a Blue Yeti microphone, by name, if they're fucking sure.

You can't get studio quality out of a Blue Yeti. If you want studio quality you get a studio microphone. The least expensive road to studio quality gear is buying used.
But I understand your point. A regular electronics store employee probably wouldn't know enough about recording on a budget to tell some teen how to get passable quality out of their microphone without all of those accessories and without gluing foam to the walls of their room.

I can only come up with two resonable ways for the girl to interpret what happened here:

Look at that emaciated face and those sunken in eyes. He looks like he has AIDS or is a drug addict or something.

Robo-AIDS. It's a Trojan that removes anti-malware software. It's not deadly in and of itself but most robots who have it die of a previously patched zero-day. One way this is combated is a new set of robo-eyes loaded with simple bits of software quarantined off from the main operating system. The eyes and software together prevent unintentional QR code/barcode reading that could result in arbitrary code execution. It's possible to buy inexpensive eyes and install them for cheap but that requires a modification to the skull of the robot, giving their eyes a sunken appearance.

Hasn't Jeph had swearing in his comic before?
What made him so pussified that he can't even swear in his own comic through fear of offending someone?
But seriously, this comic is getting really fucking weird, lately. More so than ever before. Could be this is some kind of Freudian shit or he's trying to delude himself after the critical reception of Alice Grove:

The spray was drawn by a whatever-age-she-is kid, so maybe that's just her. The last actual swearing happened shortly before the kid walked on stage and she's been on-screen ever since so I guess they don't want to fill her ears with the usual naughty words that fly around a robot repair shop.

Also his Twitter's boring lately.

Stop making handstab's world make sense.

That's why it's a niggerwalk. Things like this don't happen. The more likely scenario is that someone telling a story like this asked for a "Blue Snowman" to which the salesperson replied, "Do you mean a Blue Yeti?" and instead of acknowledging her own slip up she projects her mistake onto anyone else. "I can't believe how that salesMAN spoke down to me! Misogynist know it all thinks he's soooo smart!"

I've seen ethical salespeople try to steer people away from mistakes, especially in electronics. It's easy to buy incompatible things there. But it's not couched in "This merchandise is too good for the likes of you!" The company that comes closest is Apple but these people love Apple.

It's kind of funny given that Jeph has a studio in his house. Surely he'd be eager to flex his audiophile muscles and demonstrate to his audience that he is aware of Audio Technica, Shure, Neumann, AKG, etc. Not that Sam would be buying most of that, of course.

As said, it's not studio quality, nowhere close. There are numerous YouTube videos demonstrating this. The issue with the low end Blue stuff is, like Beats, they're not a great value. With a company like Audio Technica, you'd get something either the same quality but cheaper or better for the same price. Or, buy used, as previously described. I bet a place like Easthampton has boat loads on Craigslist and the people you deal with there aren't any creepier than Marigold or Marten's kid-grooming mother.

You think jeff is aware he cannot longer stop pandering to this queer vegan trans-black crowd and secretly wishes they all dropped dead?

You can't stop me.

Also, do you think Jeph is aware of the changing tide and this "progressive" shit is going to be dead in a few years between it being for old people and the now daily scandals of big name "progressives" actually being rapists? For Jeph's sake I sure do hope he's resisted the temptation to take a "but I thought she was 18!" back to his hotel room while at cons. If not, he's a ticking time bomb. She is going to want to "purify" herself for her eventual wedding.

You ever think one of these days the patreonbux will slip below some threshold and Jeph will overdose on his painkillers rather than get a real job?

Inshallah

I like to think in Jephs endgame scenario his hand becomes sentient and stabs him to death for his many brutal assaults against it.

Probably not. In his news feed, all he listens to are progressive leftist sources who sincerely believe and loudly preach that this is the inevitable utopian future that will come to those who obviously stand on the right side of history.

Anyone giving news or opinion that contrasts with what he already knows to be right, he instantly dismisses as being just some bigoted nazi who deserves to be punched, but they're too far away to punch so a Twitter block counts as a symbolic punch.

The robot or the permanent marker doodle?

The fuck is wrong with this guy

Nice

It's also because every character regardless of age are children.

I am the one who cannot "even" after reading this

Where's the joke?

Are leftists colonists from oppositeland?

fucking disgusting

That now that Menstro has donned the skull nothing will stop her from fulfilling her destiny of violent skeleton gangrape

Silly user - it's *random*!
That is the joke - Menstro is behaving in a random and unusual manner!
Oh, it is to laugh.

That's today's comic. The comic being linked to there is the one about two lesbians (or a lesbian and a bi, I dunno) ogling a manually constructed piece of metal that happens to resemble a butt and being unusually impressed by it.

This too is intended as humor.

That's the most accurate description of QC I've ever seen, user.

mah nigga

Please can we have more Sam rule34?

Imagine all the degenerate things she could get up to with the Menstro and the fat bitch.

Jerf's fanbase would probably approve.

Did the girl's legs suddenly shrink?

Faye's ass also seems to inflate/deflate at will.
Compare

to

Height inconsistency as well.

This is clearly caused by the buffs she gets for donning the Visage of the Skullmaster headgear and nothing else. We all know that Jeph is incredibly consistent with the general ballpark of height approximations that he sometimes sticks to when he remembers.

I don't know who she is but the way she paints solid white stripes in her hair annoys me.

It's Marten's mom. Speaking of which, Marten's face is really off-model in this one.

Come on, Satan. I think you, of all people, would recognize internal screaming.

Marten's expression actually makes sense in this version.

It's Marty's insane mom who damaged her little boy by being a wanton whore while he was growing up.

Look at Marten's mom in the last panel
Look at her fucking hand
Look at her fucking thumb
Jeph how fucking incompetent do you have to be

If she's drinking then the wine is at the level of her mouth
why the fuck would her thumb be above her mouth to raise her glass to her face
She's basically shoving her finger in her nose for no fucking reason
this isn't how you hold a fucking glass, ever

Also holy shit I just noticed he drew the bottom of the glass like it was facing us even though the glass is quite clearly not completely horizontal I'm going to fucking lose it

Marten's mom is a pig. Everyone else is just starting and she's done already.

Who eats a taco like that?

The mom has her eyes closed, too - I get the feeling she doesn't want to interact with any of them.
The whole scene looks real awkward, like they all just had a microwave taco dropped on their plates.
I mean look at them - all sitting bolt-upright with only the ADHD kid daring to make any movements. We could actually salvage this situation and have Clairence think the kid is transitioning and that haircut is the first step.

Yeah, I noticed that, too. Everyone looks too "arranged", like Lego people. Those cavemen exhibits at museums look more natural.

It's so easy to add character. Have Marten's mom with her elbow on the table and her head slumped into her hand with a look on her face that communicates, "Why did I eat all those tacos so quickly?" Don't even need a word bubble to do this. Clarence looks like the kind of person to attempt eating tacos with a knife and fork. Have >her struggle with that for 4 panels. Marten is always the odd man out so have him express bewilderment at everything going on, instead of the "I've made a terrible mistake" default dead stare.

I knew one guy that used to read QC, and I told him about the tranny comic. He looked up the meme, and was dumbfounded how Jeff hit rock bottom. Is Jeff actually losing readers and money? Is he still doing that Avatar rip-off story?

How did the art get worse?

Is Marten still dating that tranny?!

He was never NOT dating the Tranny. He only spent time with those other people to kill time until Clairence showed up.

the worst game of life

Better be careful there, Clarence. In Marten's degenerate family, "Spend time with Sam" implies something else.

This is the best edit I've seen in a while, genuinely lol'd.

Sometimes I worry about Jeph, then I remember he deserves his awful mess of a life.

Of course Jeph would use a term like "emotional labor".

Given the nature of this comic, I'm surprised >she says that. I thought standards were too opressive or primitive or something for hipsterland. I also thought that if >she wanted someone who could take responsibility and act like a man, she wouldn't have chosen Martin.

By the way, here's a thought: Do you think the reason Clairence and Clinton are so short is so that Clairence should look more like a woman, and so that it won't look ridicolous when he walks next to Martin?

I didn't notice until I read your comment, but she finishes while everyone else has lots of stuff left.

Also, don't forget – she's the only one at the table drinking wine. She's probably an alcoholic at this point. Perhaps what put her over the edge was the realisation that her only son is dating a sterile, mentally ill man; while she, postmenopausal, is raising another woman's daugter. She can't even talk to her son about it, for fear that she would be intolerant. She's stuck in a prison of her own bad decisions.

Also nothing about what Marten says implies he wants to feel more included in his Mom trying to make up for her failed marriage by inserting herself into this household so Clarence is being a double cunt for offering him advice for the wrong problem and then getting all shirty when he doesn't take it.

These are the two gay men from that meme, yeah?

I think I know the one you're talking about. Is it this one?

Clarence isn't just taking hormones - he had a full skeleton transplant, too.

As far as I know, the term "emotional labor" was invented to describe the soul-crushing experience of being required to act happy and fulfilled while dealing with customers. Employees of some companies in some countries even have a contractual obligation to smile, which sometimes leads to depression.
Jeph, you appropriating fuck. Not being ironic here.

I hate to give Jeph credit, but he has been consistent on Claire's main negative trait of involving >herself in other people's family and relationships with misconceptions and bad ideas. >She even freaked out on >her boss before >she got the full story of why and how Tai ended up dating Dora, though, to be honest, I was still largely on Claire's side of the issue. Someone has to wear the pants and it isn't gonna be Marten.

Nah, he's just a cunt.
Which is quite realistic actually, lots of trannys seem to think being a complete bitch makes them more womanly.

I find MtFs exhibit the worst of both worlds: the bitchiness and materialism of females and the asshole brutishness of men, because they can get away with physical aggression under the guise of being a woman.

Jeph is truly the master of dialogue.

Looks like Jeph triggered a snowflake.

Go masturbate to your mother using you bleeding hand as lube Jeph.

Jeph, plz

lol, don't delete it, that was perfect

Who the fuck would say anything like that? What the hell does it even mean?
Or is the concern that Marten is mentioning his own feelings, which could be construed to be him placing his feelings over anyone else's.

Actually, that could be it - look how he flies onto the defensive right after mentioning it.
Fucking hell, it's like Marten realizes he's gotten himself into a situation where he's surrounded by lunatics looking for the flimsiest excuse to burn him at the stake.

As a nearsighted person who lives with long haired people, I can sympathize with Faye.

As a rational human being, I can't help but feel that threatening someone with violence after the first time they make a small mistake is a terrible, psychotic way to behave pretty normal for Faye.

Also, you don't get hair wads collecting in the corners of your shower if you clean it more than once a month, you disgusting animal

It's probably early signs of male pattern baldness.

Porn stars always degenerate into alcohol or drug addiction. Fetish porn stars even more so.

No kidding.

Point for using fonts to express different voices and ways of speaking, million points deducted for everything else.

There's some law where the more roommates you have the less the bathroom gets cleaned. I solved this by claiming the bathroom, which everyone else thought was yucky, but demanded the rest of the place be clean, which took 90-120 minutes. I was done in about 20.

Not that early. Most men have signs even in their 20s and some in their teens.

This setting sucks.

ALL HANDS ON NECK

It's like a steampunk setting taken too far where they can jump between galaxies in less than a second but on earth they're stuck traveling from point A to B on 19th century trains that go 45 mph.

I love fiction about transhumanist futures in which full bodily autonomy is possible including the implications it has for transsexuality. Seeing Jeph carefully gather all the required ingredients and do absolutely nothing with them is frustrating.

You just had to include the spoiler, didn't you? Couldn't you have left that thought alone? Don't you think not everyone wants to be reminded of tr*nnies as often as possible?

Trannies are the new furries. Very few people have a problem with someone who chooses to dress weird and augment their body, but they're so fucking obnoxious and in-your-face about it that you can't NOT hate them.

This is such shit. You're basing your opinion of all transexuals on, what, a handful of Tumblr snowflakes? If you're going to cherry-pick, you can make any group look like anything.

Hi tranny !!!
Seriously though, No, just fucking no.
If there is such a thing as a well adjusted non-crazy tranny out there I have never seen it online or offline.
The tumblr snowflakes are the norm for your sort.

Would you like me to pick some cherries to counter your cherries?
Just look at any serious interview or documentary on sex-change before the internet age. Internet is when the idiots started getting all the attention.

kill yourself tranny
kill jeph first though plz

That kind of proves my point and reinforces the idea. Not everyone who enjoys furporn is a degenerate flag-waving, costume-wearing, shit-eating faggot, but the ones that are are so vocal and so visible that they turn everyone against them as a group.

It's not just Tumblr, mainstream media brings it up at every possible moment. It got so bad that South Park managed to meme "stunning and brave" into existence.

Now the fad of the moment is Lactacia the 8-year old drag queen that so obviously isn't child grooming by his degenerate dyke mother.

Keep in mind that Clarence is also jephs self insert
Let that sink in

I included it because Jeph included it and because it's relevant. If you don't want to be reminded about it set up a word filter, like all the cool kids on Tumblr do with content warnings, or stop visiting a thread about a tranny comic.

I thought this was a thread about shitting on Handstab

We shit on Jeph for many reasons, the fact that he pulled his comic off the rails with his own stabbed hands is only one of them. I suppose we really ought to have a comprehensive list of why Jeph Jacques is deserving of our hate.

#1: He is a holier-than-thou SJW with no principles of his own, blatantly virtue signaling at every conceivable opportunity across every platform he inhabits

#2: He gets paid $10,000+ every month to write and draw what can generously be described as "A garbage fire of a comic"

#3: Despite receiving an absurdly large amount of money to make a comic that he says takes 30-45 minutes per installment, he can't be bothered to maintain a buffer to ensure consistent posting, and frequently has week-long guest comic filler runs

#4: He has spent 14 years writing this comic, and over the course of those years he has come up with several genuinely interesting ideas and crafted a world that has a lot of potential for storytelling. Even though he has a massive well of potential to draw from, he refuses to explore anything but the most shallow, dull, and repetitive parts of his world. The amount of wasted potential is Truely maddening. He's built a world in which sentient AI coexist with humans, space travel is commercially available, flawless cybernetics exist, and the world may or may not be under the care of a machine god, yet the entire focus of his comic is the angst of young adults and the daily drama of their lives

#5: He ends 99% of his comics with an unfunny attempt at a joke, even though it ruins the flow of the already struggling story and is frequently not appropriate for the current narrative tone

#6: He buys absurdly expensive artistic tools and then doesn't bother learning how to use them properly. A cursory look through his social media platforms will show him bragging about his top level Cintiq drawing tablet, professional grade editions of various art manipulating software, multiple $100 pen sets, and a drawing board. This is a perfectly reasonable thing to do if you are a professional artist, but Jeph uses all of these resources to produce Questionable Content

#7: His art is absolute garbage. This might seem like a retread of #2 or #6, but it needs stating that Jeph has been drawing this daily comic for 14 years and still can't keep his characters on-model, has no idea how to use perspective, doesn't know how to do shading, can't make decent hands or feet, has to use 3D modeling software to create a building, leaves tangents everywhere, constantly changes his character's heights between panels, doesn't know how to use layers in Photoshop, frequently makes coloring errors from panel to panel, draws an incomprehensible mess of scribbles and worthless lines when demonstrating his "sketchwork", and starts with the eyes when he draws faces

#8: He has gauged ears and a septum piercing. This is pretty minor compared to everything else, but I'm trying to be thourough

#9: None of his characters have distinct personalities. Everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) is a snarky quip machine with a superficial coat of paint slapped on. A new character will have their own thing going on for something like 4-5 real life weeks before Jeph slowly crushes their individuality under the weight of his poor writing.

#10: Jeph has no narrative integrity, and will frequently change the course of his plot or even retcon chunks of history in order to cater to the whims of the fickle Tumblrinas who fund his Paetron account and buy his merchandise. Probably the most blatant example of this was "The Hand Stab Incident" a.k.a. "The Trappening", wherein a character who had body image issues was revealed to not be as fat as Jeph had led everyone to believe. The whole point of her character arc was supposed to be that she was actually pretty the whole time but refused to believe it because she had no self confidence, poor hygiene, and dressed in ways that made her look fatter than she was. Tumblr had a meltdown about it and sent him such vile, hateful messages that he got drunk and accidentally stabbed his hand through the palm. In an effort to win his money flow back, after he recovered, he quickly changed everything about that current story arc so that the new focus was about the fact that his male lead was about to hook up with a MtF tranny who was previously a normal girl. If you monitor the forum that is dedicated to talking about his comic (forums.questionablecontent.net) you are able to predict the flow of each story arc by watching their reactions to it as it unfolds

#11: Jeph once tried to make a second comic called Alice Grove as a pet project that would only update once a week because he wanted to spend lots of time on each page to make a gorgeous new story set in a hard sci-fi universe. It was a shitshow. In addition to suffering from the same kind of "art" that Questionable Content had, his "hard sci-fi" was at best a 1/6 on the Mohs scale, his story had no explanations or development, his characters weren't likeable, he accidentally gave his villain the moral high ground, and it ended in a rushed mess after frequently going months on end with no updates

#12: He mistreats his dog Shelby. Every picture that Shelby is in shows us an unhappy dog who feels apathetic towards her owner. One or two of these pictures wouldn't be enough to arouse suspicion, but his Twitter and Facebook are littered with hundreds of pictures and videos of his dog with eyes downcast, tail between her legs, flinching at his touch, not responding when called, and acting very lethargic. While we don't know exactly what their pet/owner dynamic is like, we do know that he scoffed at the idea that his breed of dog needed to be given lots of room to run "Because I never did and she's fine". The joke that he rapes his dog is based on a few pictures where her hind fur is in disarray while she lays on the floor, but the staggering amount of "abuse behavior" seen on his social media only lends credence to the meme.

#13: He spends hours on end posting on Twitter and Facebook instead of working on his comic and then moans about how stressed his work makes him and how he's too busy to maintain a comic buffer

#14: He throws a fit when other artists draw things that poke fun at him or draw lewd images of his characters, to the point where he tries to sic his followers on them if they don't cooperate

#15: Some of us used to like Questionable Content. It might seem hard to believe, but, in the barren wasteland that was the 2003 webcomic scene, a halfway decent comic that updated every day in color was a pretty good find. The characters were about on par with sitcom personalities and the art was slowly improving, so many of us went back day after day in order to see what these characters we liked where up to. Updating daily also meant that there was a sizeable backlog to read, so it was well recieved by people who found it later on. The fact that we used to enjoy this comic only makes every other reason on this list more profound when taking measurement of our hatred because it adds an extra layer of bitterness at what could have been.

I agree with this a lot. It contains some things I did not know but which make perfect sense, and some things I knew all too well but clearly and concisely expressed.

To point 4 I'll specify my own pet peeve that he chose to include AI but then went out of his way to mystify the way they function and make it very clear that whatever's going on inside their chinese box brains, what comes out is exactly like a human mind. How and why artificial intelligence might differ from biological intelligence is a rich and fascinating subject, a keystone in the classic foundations of sci-fi. It's not always done well, it's often one of the weakest parts of speculative works but that's because of the sheer enormity of the concept. Jeph decided it would be better to write funny looking humans whose main function seems to be facilitating his end-of-strip punchlines.

On point 14 I'll note that I only know of one instance of this, and the lewd was of a child. Now I understand that's pretty tame in the grand scheme of things, but I can also see how someone who leans more towards normal- than drawfag might be shocked and react poorly.

And speaking of his forums, they're also a hypersensitive echo chamber.

I think these should be treated as separate incidents even if one led to the other. Otherwise, flawless summary.

I think you mean bragging about all three of his Cintiq tablets, plus at least one Microsoft Surface. And I think I'm forgetting something. iPad Pro maybe?

Almost forgot about that. This guy actually admitted this on Twitter a few years ago. What professional artist admits to not knowing the basics of Photoshop?

This is accurate. While Jeph claims to have abandoned the forum years ago and the forum will contain duplicate complaints from here and Reddit, the forum definitely represents the zeitgeist of the new narrative direction Jeph will inevitably take. Off the top of my head, the forum also remarked on how creepy Marigold was following 13 year old Sam around when her becoming a YouTube Lets Player was going to be a thing. There are a lot more, I just don't feel like browsing the archives for reminders. It is very, very obvious that Jeph alters the course of QC on-the-fly in response to the whims of his core readers.

Most of the regular posters are on the admin/moderator hierarchy. The forum culture is so insular and rigid that new posters generally can't survive, even if they're in 99% agreement with the forum politics. People get banned for ignorance of some forum policy that spread by word of mouth before the commenter signed up. It's a lot like NeoGAF was.

P.S. this feels like a thread on Kiwi Farms.

Tbf jeff is without a doubt a lolcow, I'd say that's the reason most of us are here.

howto on-model
howto line weight
howto toes

Also for the love of crap would you fix your image processing already? WTF is this shit??

Sven would beg to differ, you lying bloated sack of whore shit.

Captcha: Qybpox

This is realistic, though.

That face reminds me of one Marten made once, but I don't know which page it was and I'm not browsing through thousands of them just to find it.

I did manage to find a time where he was still going out with girls, though. Seems so long ago.

And I'll bet that story has been doing the rounds through the fire stations ever since.

For fuck's sake, Faye you fat fuck…

It's obvious the implication here is that Menstro is the ideal partner, but I'm not sure why Faye, who treats those humans closest to her as glorified vending machines, would regard a robot as anything other than a walking appliance.

I really don't get why anyone would really care about what Faye does with herself, let alone Clarence, who barely knows her.
She's that "friend" of the group that people simply stop talking to, ignore, and never contact again because they can't be bothered with their shit.
Not someone they'd have a shouting match with before telling them to fuck off - they'd just flat out ignore her until she fades into obscurity.

This, dear user, might be my favorite post on Holla Forums to date, so much that I had to screencap it.

I wonder if Faye really looked like that at the time or whether she was supposed to be fatter but Jeph couldn't draw it. As it is, I can at least see the reason for "daaaaang" here: she's thicker than the rest but has big tits. These days she's a landwhale yet in-universe she's never been in better shape. That means she looked even worse in the past.

Is the tranny now trying to cuck his brother out of gay romance with the baker bouncer?

Didn't Clarence used to have a thing going as a bookshelfer at a library? Can't Jeph do an arc about that instead of Clarence meddling in other people's lives every fucking time

I think he's trying to let his fans down slowly. He's living a life of luxury financed by people who would happily burn his house down if he said he was a conservative, so it's only reasonable that he's trying to escape, but he can't just stop the comic now, so he's trying to get everyone to drop it by just making it worse and worse, both in terms of the writing and the art. It's the only explanation.

Are you the one who did the LSD one? If so, this 2 for 2, you poor Bayard, get out before the dreams set in and we lose you to the Void like so many before you

Yes.

A friend told me Miles Morales was good after watching Homecoming, I told him his friend was a shit OC, and it turns out it's just a shitty character.

When did we start getting Markov bots around these parts?

Ned was alright.

Wouldn't surprise me

May or may not be a robot. Eventual new girlfriend for someone, possibly Winslow, possibly Hannelore.

She's totally interchangeable with nu-wilsow except she's vaguely female whereas he's vaguely male.

>the new character's artstyle weirdly doesn't match the rest of the comic, strangely and manages to look even worse, just look at those fucking arms, they are both too thing and too short
I hate Jeph so much

A new charcter?! Oh, thank GAAAAWD!

Fer fuck's sake, Jeph. We know you can't resolve any of these plots without pissing off your delicately volatile fanbase but there's only so much you can sweep under the carpet before folks are tripping over that shit.

Just have someone put a lampshade on Brun's head, ask her to stand in the corner for a few years and have done with it.
And while we're at it, have Chad from the bakery get drafted 'cause the army realized their robots are too emotionally fragile for combat and they desperately need cannon fodder for the war with New Zealand or some shit - that'll keep him out the picture for 4 years.

Ok, so what's going to happen here?

As a PA she'll be really formal and straight-laced all the time, trying to do things the "proper" way.
She will be confused and dumbfounded by the random, zany antics of the coffee-shop cast.
The cast will pontificate about how she should totally relax and chill and hang loose, etc all with a raised finger and with their eyes closed.

This sucks.

She'll dyke out with someone or be a tranny
If jeph were a good writer he'd dyke her out with menstro and faye would have to suffer unrequited dyke lust and realize that she doesn't always get what she wants. Then menstro would get a big guy male chassis and plow the new dyke so hard she learns to love cock.

Don't worry, Jeph can't stick with characterization so this chick will be snarky and/or lolzany soon enough.

Why is she standing ON the door threshold if Hanners just opened the door? Is she super rude and takes a half step forward when someone opens a door for her? Is the door just set far in? Is Jeph a hack who fucks up very basic essentials of character placement? We'll never know.

Thank g-
Jeph, come on.

11/10

That's actually a much older comic, the slightly different artstyle and the number give it away.

Fucking great/10

That dildo bat is still one of my favorite sight gags in recent memory, and it's astounding how much better it fit the strip. Just little changes

Tilly had a hard life

Does this mean handstab and willis aren't friends anymore?

How is she supposed to control that Mechahorse? With her legs?

Given the vast wealth of the family, it's conceivable that she could have a neural implant which allows her to communicate with any nearby robot built by the family company, allowing her to pilot the robohorse without needing any physical controls. Of course, the robohorse should have reins anyway, as something for her to hold onto if nothing else.

No, it almost has to be intelligent. General punishments don't work well for training animals. If you beat the shit out of your dog for pooping on the carpet not only are you an evil asshole but you aren't a good trainer since the dog doesn't have the abstract intelligence to link the specific punishment to the general action. Only an intelligent being can be controlled by threats and coercion because only an intelligent being can comprehend an abstracted, generalizable link between actions and possible punishments separated by time and/or place.

That's obviously a full blown AI she has trapped in that horse body. She controls it the same way any other slave master would: with the lash.

Why would you make a robot horse you need to shock into compliance- Oh, right fetish.

It could be some kind of cruel and unusual punishment, as well. The bitchy blue robot was being used as an AR accessory to finish her prison sentence, so this might be how this particular robot is being punished for his crimes. Which is yet again a way cooler thing to consider than wherever handstab is going to take this current abortion.

No, I don't think Clarence works anymore. The library thing was an internship or college job.

That's the next segment of filler but she/it will be a dyke.

So, how many plots are currently on the go…?
1: Struggling robo repair shop
2: Clinton + Brun + Chad love triangle (though they don't yet know it)
3: AI overlords secretly pulling the strings
4: Marten & Clarence on the rocks ?
5: ADHD kid being a cam whore
6: Winslow checking his privilege
7: Hannelore's PA
8: Menstro's shadowy, mysterious, BlackOps past (or has everyone officially stopped giving a fuck after putting the minimal effort for a few hours?)
9: Menstro + Faye

Anything else?

We're coming up on December again, so the Bembo plotline probably continues.

If you can manage full artificial general intelligence you can probably make a high quality chatbot. Something that passes the Turing test as long as you don't probe too deeply.
Do you think they put those in robot bodies, too? Why hire someone for menial jobs with human interaction, AI or not, if you can instead rent a chassis and load it with a program that's specialized for the job, and polite past the breaking point of real people?
How many of the robots in Questionable Content aren't sapient?

I can't wait for all the obnoxious leftist vermin to be dragged out onto the street and hanged.

And we have discovered yet another thing Stabby can't draw: horses.

My impression is that the plots are developemend to the point of being almost interesting, but Stabby is not smart/capable/interested enough to solve them, so he just lets them hang.

10. Some bullshit between Marten's degenerate mother and the bakery owner who almost fucked Marten's girlfriend.
11. Dale recently (in-universe) hired at the coffee shop despite never appearing on-panel, joining the club of Penelope, Cosette, and, I think, Raven.
12. Roko Basilisk's deflating law enforcement career.
13. Marten was supposed to be moving on from his minimum wage intern job and do something with his band, though that was years ago.
14. May is poor and needs a job, social acceptance.
15. Sven's change of life philosophy and rejection by Faye has never been addressed. Not that the resolution with his sister was remotely satisfying, either.

Is that you, Prime?

Could it be? Has the prophecy been fulfilled?

Wow, a segmented, prehensile hollow neck for the metal horse.
Looks like a great way to lose fingers.

So this has got to either be an AI or an androgynous person who self-identifies as AI.

I bet it's got a dick

I see we're back to "word of the day" strips.

WHERE THE FUCK IS SHE LOOKING AT IN THE FIRST PANEL

How is that a tautology?

It's not exactly the first word that would spring to mind for any normal person, anyway. And certainly not a word they'd shout out and exclaim.
It's not like Hannelore has shown a propensity for using such terms in her casual vocabulary, either.
It's also kinda annoying that when she talks she uses contractions like "didn't" but as soon as Jeph has her using big-school words suddenly she pronounces every word in full, like "that is".

Also, I can't help but suspect that with this new PA, Jeph has been *ahem*, "inspired" by other, superior works. Again…

It wouldn't be that out of place if it actually was a central example of a tautology. Tautologies have a very characteristic feel to them.

Taking into account the recent wave of exposés on leftist sex pests, what's the betting pool on Jeph being outed as a lolicon or something?

Looking straight ahead while listing reams of facts with that same vacant expression…
Yup, looks like a robot, to me.

Hmm…
No mention of recently being upgraded from talking iPod to a full anthroform?
Fucking hell, can Jeph offer Winslow absolutely no happiness at all? Does everyone in this fucking story only regard Winslow by what it can do for them?
It's like in being granted more freedom, Winslow's been immediately locked into more slavery.

Jeph's either reading "increase your word power and impress your friends" articles or is trying to ape Randall Munroe, who, despite being a total cunt, is actually credentialed to talk about the math and sciencey things.

I haven't watched the show but I'm assuming it's moe shit that was trendy 2-3 years ago and Jeph pushing it now just makes him look like a poseur, again.

That's Little Witch Academia, a short film from 2013 that turned into another short film in 2015 that turned into a full TV series earlier this year on Netflix.

And now that I think of it, I hope he doesn't pick up on and use components from the one anime series that I actually watch. I'd rather it not be sullied.

So I'm about 50% wrong but also 50% right. I'll take that.

Billion hours in paint later.

I like where this is going.

Does this make her mom Hitler (a la Fate/___) or Eva Von Braun?

Given the setting, it would certainly be possible Hitler never died, or had his consciousness sucked into the network a la .hack//. I'll see what I can do with the next two strips.

That horse is so shit, it's hard to come up with something fitting; it doesn't even make any sense in the context of it's own comic! Fuck it I have to go, but take the only joke I could come up with.

I'm telling you, AI Gitmo. They Jammed its robot soul into the horse, and it's being tortured for her amusement.

A crowbar works as well.

If everyone could stop talking with their eyes closed while smiling, that'd be nice.

I kind of gave up half way which is still farther along than Jeph has ever gotten.

Re: Winslow. I haven't followed this shit in a while. Is he meant to be a Pinkie Pie expy or does Jeph think he's actually invented a new character that's lolrandumb and pink?

We are now on day 4 of this character being here who has no logical reason to be here and has never been needed before but is now here because Hannelore's mom suddenly decided, years and years past her introduction to this comic, that of COURSE she needs a personal assistant because she's an Ellicott-Chatham. She's been one the whole time, but it wasn't until just now that the mom realized this and shipped out a spare androgynobot.

Sick trups bruh. And Hannelore gets the assistant during the most stable point of her life, pretty much negating the purpose.

Jeph often tries to use words that he thinks will make him look smart.

I like this interpretation.

Why not kick her out? You can call the police if she refuses.

He's the Ipod, who got a new body. Then there was a subplot about him checking his privilege.

I'm new to this comic and I know that it's made by a lolcow but it makes my head hurt because it seemingly tries to have a plot but everything I've seen is weird and unlinked, like the story made by a scitzophrenic or the latter-half of "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas".

Anyone wanna catch me up to the gist of the past, I guess decade of this terrible comic?

Indie rock sucks in hipsters but gets boring fast but they're all middle class at least so they have more money than they need so they'll give it to you if you ask but you're not a hipster so you get bored with indie rock so you're stuck trying to appeal to hipsters because you're shit at everything else so your life becomes a hell you've made for yourself the end.

Is Jeph condoning rape?

Get comfy, it's story time.

Once upon a time, there was a young man named Marten Reed. Marten lived together with his computer pet Pintsize, who had a naughty sense of humor.

One day, Martin met a fullbodied young woman named Faye, who worked at a coffee shop and enjoyed teasing him. Martin was very attracted to Faye, and allowed her to tease him as much as she wanted in the hopes that she would like him better. When her house burned down, he invited her to stay at his home. She gladly accepted, and began living with Martin and Pintsize. They lived together for several years, having lots of funny and interesting adventures along the way. Strangely Faye and Martin never moved past being "just friends". Even though she thought he was attractive, they often talked for hours on end into the night, she liked his humor, and he saved her life on multiple occasions, she just couldn't bring herself to love him because her father committed suicide when she was small and that made her sad.

After years of leading him on and promising that she could eventually love him, Faye finally decided to tell Marten No so that he could move on and have a relationship with with her friend Dora instead. She then repeatedly had sex with Dora's brother Sven for several weeks on end for no particular reason while still living at Marten's house. This caused some trouble amongst their circle of friends, but they eventually made up and everyone was happy again.

The close knit group of friends slowly expanded over the years, adding more and more people as time went on, some of whom haven't been seen on-panel for years. As the cast grew, everyone continued to have funny and interesting experiences, but things were a bit more somber, with more focus on interpersonal drama and less intense random blasts of weird fun. Relationships dissolved and formed as the writer's fancy dictated, but never between Marten and Faye.

Eventually, there came a lake house party where all the characters wore swimsuits and made merry together. As it happened, one of the young women revealed that she was not as fat and misshapen as she claimed to be. It was her low self esteem that made her think every small flaw to be a horrid deformity, but her friends happily revealed that she was actually pretty, and that it was all in her head.

This is when Tumblr freaked out over the fact that Marigold wasn't as fat and ugly as they wanted her to be, and they hounded Jeph about it until he sought to escape into alcohol, leading to the accident where he stabbed his hand

Suddenly, Marten fell in love with a woman who he knew was secretly a man, and they have been together ever since. Faye struggled with her sudden crippling drinking problem and got over it quickly. The military grade combat robot named Bubbles, also known as Menstro, was introduced as a guard at an illegal robot fighting arena, but our group of friends rescued her from the clutches of the morally sound and somewhat likeable EVIL robot in charge. Afterward, she and Faye opened a robot repair shop and they have been growing closer to each other without realizing it. Very recently, The neurotic clean freak Hannelore received a personal assistant from her billionaire parents, but this plot is ongoing.

You are now more-or-less caught up.

Disclaimer: Any reference to the comic Questionable Content using descriptive words such as "interesting" or "funny" are purely for embellishment purposes and do not reflect the opinions of the author

If Jeph turns out to be a deep cover /ourguy/, he will be a legitimate contender for the "Most unexpected twist of all time" award.

The only reason he's pink is because Jeph forgot that he was blue. It's hilarious

Because lolzany!

Don't forget after rejecting Marten Faye berated Dora for scouping up Faye's non-boyfriend.

Looking back this far I can see how many times Jeph has changed his art style. Not much, but it is noticable.
Except for those fucking golf club feet - he still can't draw feet.

Which is why 95% of this comic is shot from the waist up. It'd be funny if someone accused Jeph of taking inspiration from Stefan Molyneux videos.

Citation needed.

Hahaha! I've never noticed before, but Jeph drew Clarence extra ugly just to hedge his bets.

I hate that "real woman" argument so fucking much. I see a thousand slim, fit, gorgeous women every single day. "Hurr durr mah reel womynz" fucks sake these SJW fucks make every single excuse they can for being fat pieces of useless shit.

Why is Hannelore orange? Why do they all have carpet for hair? Why did I ever read this comic?

I'm confused. How come hating trannies gets women killed?

Of course.

This shouldn't make me so mad but it does

God, this thing's name is Taffy. Um, hey, wait a minute…

D-did Jeph forget her actual name?

Or Hannelore is mocking her name. We'll find out if it either stays as-is or gets edited on the site at some point overnight.

But that isn't in her character. She's excessively polite in every scenario. She's this comic's Ned Flanders.

Is it?
I would assume all the music talk (that he stopped adding to his comics) fixes it a few years in the past.

QC is simultaneously 2005, 2017, and 2517.

Is this new robot the replacement for Brun since Jeph decided autism wasn't as funny as he thought it'd be?

Jeph can't even come up with some satirical names for social media platforms in his borderline sci-fi, hipster paradise?
For fuck's sake Jeph, here - I'll do it for you!
Seconds, Jeph. Fuckin' seconds!

No, user, using actual names just makes the hard sci-fi more credible. Facebook actually exists! That means AI is real.

She's just misremembering, "Tilly" even corrects her.

With regards to , what sort of person introduces herself to her new boss without using her full name?

That doesn't even make sense though, she literally just finished saying she has an eidetic memory.

I guess she's a cunt, then.

s h i t t a s t e

There is a monumental difference between "fat thighs" and "wide birthing hips". Don't get them confused.

A whole week dedicated to fucking nothing, even by Jeph's standards. There's only two ways this arc can go and it's not set up well for either of them, either Tammy works as Homealone's therapist or she becomes her girlfriend. But knowing Jeph it'll be option 3, some heartfelt/dramatic bullshit will happen and then this storyline will be abandoned forever

I'm guessing Monday will be something entirely different at the coffee shop robot repair shop, Winslow and Assistant will walk in hand-in-hand, and we'll find out that they hooked up off panel.

Or Jeph-chan doesn't actually know what "eidetic memory" is and just thought it sounded cool and smartsy.

jeph plz stop

Okay, that's more than enough out of you. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here.

This is the worst thing Jeph has ever done, every page is Himalaya saying she doesn't need an assistant and someone ignores her

Christ, this is an anime as fuck. It has been suggested earlier that this Tilly is basically Lotte from Little Witch Academia and that "I'll do my best!" speech is fucking dripping with anime.
And this sudden tangent of plot does make me think Jeph's been watching some Chinese cartoons and thought, "Hey, I can do that!". He'll be sitting there, watching 15 hours of the shit every day, pushing Pocky up his cock, trying to get inspired rather than actually follow up on all the myriad plots he's set in motion.

If a task is Quixotic, isn't the "best" way to complete it to…not complete it? Don Quixote was hellbent on destroying a very expensive piece of property that belonged to someone else because he was mistaken about what it was. In fact, the best way to do anything that could evoke Don Quixote would be to take a mental step back, reassess the situation with objective eyes, and change course.

Then again, Jeph is rolling his blunts with Word of the Day calendar pages, so I'm sure he's using it correctly and responsibly and I'm the only person who is bothered by this.

> If a task is Quixotic, isn't the "best" way to complete it to…not complete it?
The important question is: does she get paid if she does that?

Thing is, she was contracted as an adult babysitter for someone with mental problems. Convincing the paranoid person she's supposed to watch over to let her stay isn't quixotic, it's the first condition of the job she accepted. Though the next step after babysitter is probably group home.

I support this genocide of closed eyed smug liberal robots.

First Jeph tries to impress his audience with dictionary.com word of the day drops. How long until he pretends to speak Japanese with the characters saying things like "Ganbatte!"

Yeah, he just drops the words with no idea how to use them. In that case, maybe he wouldn't use "Ganbatte!" unless the character was failing at something.

Uh….

I want a Tommy Wiseau anime now

you're tearing me apart onee-chan

I still maintain Jeph forgot Tina's name and is pretending he didn't. It's not like this would be the first time something like this happened.

>oh, I'm going to enjoy working for you
I think I have a good idea of where this is going.

>We will never see anything remotely as interesting as this

What the fuck is it doing in panel 2, is it trying to be kawaii desu

Whatever she's doing, I think it's safe to assume she's failing miserably at it.

I have to give credit where credit is due: he's drawn one of the most punchable faces I've ever seen. And I know I'm not the only one who feels this way:

Possibly.

The robot PA could actually help Hannelore here, but Jeph won't do it because it would interfere with her lolsoquirkiness:

But that introduces dramatic tension so it is unacceptable.

Never mind drama, it could actually introduce some genuine comedy.
Jeph though it'd be, like, so totally funny? if he introduced an even *zanier* character to make Hannelore look like the straight man, but it seems it never occured to him to create a contrast by introducing an actual straight man to call out the cast on their unusual behaviour.

The madness has only been increasing, with even fucking robots infected by this bizarre malady where they unquestioningly accept the strangest behaviour, so it'd be really refreshing to have someone come along and ask, "Why are you doing this? No, seriously, why the hell are you doing this?"
I mean, Tilly doesn't even stop to ask, "So, you're deliberately making yourself late? And your boss is ok with this…?".
If Jeph wanted a clash of personalities he could have had her push a can of deodorant at Hannelore, saying "Here - spray this on. It won't take 10 seconds and you'll still get to work with plenty of time. You can have your bath later, when you return."
That way he could draw all the reaction faces he wants.

Once upon a time Marten was the straight man in more ways than one. But, yeah, this thing really needs a new fish out of water. You'd think even a hack like Jeph would realize how incongruent it is to have a "hard sci-fi" world where robot civil rights are an issue but no one takes anything seriously and nothing has any consequences. Hell, he even hand waived alcoholism, something he definitely should have been able to write well.

Now make her wear a swastika armband and have her punching out a rabbi.

Didn't they have that girl who did that for a while? Penny, or Penelope or something? The one who was/wasn't Pizzagirl.

Penelope still works at the coffee shop. Jeph just never puts her on panel. There are 3-4 employees there that never get shown.

Didn't he make a joke to acknowledge it a while ago, and then promptly did nothing whatsoever to improve it?

List of working but absent coffee shop employees:
Penelope
Cosette
Dale
Raven? I think she left and came back several times; don't know current status.
Sara? I think she was officially discharged at some point years after the fact but I can't quite remember.

Christ, they've got more staff on their books than we ever see customers.
Maybe "She's gone to the coffee shop…" is some kind of code in this town for being bashed on the head with a monkey wrench and shoved in the river.

Or maybe the converted the basement into an underground tavern and prostitution house, and all the people we don't see are just working in there.

I like how even plebbitors are shitting all over this garbage arc, even though they're being autistic about it.

The stuff of nightmares

This does strange things to my boner

Her Clinton hairstyle kills the boner.

Well… This is truly fucking terrible.
A PA that's all P and no A.
For some comedic tension, she could have called the coffee shop to say Hannelore would be late. And again, so many missed opportunities:
Or even:
And possibly:

And how come this PA knows all the minute details of Winslow's existence but didn't realise her fucking charge works in a coffee shop?

And still…. she's supposed to be a fucking PA…

I expect this "plot" shall be dropped really, really soon. Tilly will accompany Hannelore to the coffee shop, be awkward for a couple of pages, then end up working there and shall never be seen again.

He's doing that step-in-to-deliver-a-punchline thing again.

And then begins the subplot where everyone thinks Hannelore has been abducted. Surely even Jeph can find comedy there.

it writes itself!

Fuck all that

Hannelore nudes please

Presumably once we reach the dozenth "Taffy." "It's Tilly", its comedic impact shall skyrocket.

0/10, has too much self preservation

Even the forum isn't buying the Tilly/Taffy thing.

Psh, you think too much of Jeph. He'd never come up with a scenario so creative and visually interesting.

Also, what is with the art lately? First glasses freak, Hannelore doesn't look right, either but that's just one regular character. Now we have Dora who is drawn inconsistently and strangely.

Why is the painting different in panel 1 & 3?

Dora really is a massive cunt, so the place being completely empty doesn't really come as a surprise.
Though I'd still hope Tilly explains the reason for Hannelore's lateness was that she decided having an hour-long bath was more important than getting to work.

Oh yeah. I forgot it's still winter in Jeph-land. Over a year has passed real time, but maybe a week has passed in Jeph-land.

I didn't notice that. Of all the assets to not cut and paste, why would he redraw a picture on the wall? I know that the answer is "He's a hack", but it's such an odd decision.

Dora's been all over the place for months, it's nothing new

Dora does see to be reverting back to her original face from years back, and away from her B-u face.

Jeph finally sticks with a plot line and it's this garbage.

Even the token autist thinks that this is socially inappropriate behavior Never mind, a second look tells me that the panel 4 sweater girl is not Brownhilde.

Looks like Sam Maggs again but I can't exactly tell.

I don't understand how he can manipulate the dog logo on Hannelore's shirt in every panel, but can't even be fucked to draw the N7 symbol properly.

I'm guessing it's because he sells the dog shirt.

Oh! That's what it's supposed to be?! It's definitely Sam Maggs then. Her avatar is a bit off-model, like it's a combination with Marigold or Brun. Bioware for some reason hired her to ruin Andromeda.

Fuck, this looks awful…
And Tilly's head in the final panel looks highly suspect.
It looks like he copy/pasted from an earlier strip and just enlarged it by 50% - the line weight just doesn't look right.
Possibly from the first panel, here:

Has Stabby realized the Tabby is just a creepy stalker with no reasons or appeal that can get anybody invested in the character?
In an half-decent story, we can learn how Hannelore's mother has forced her to become a stalker and she's pushed on by fear. Then the story can evolve in an "Hannelore faces her family" storyline, but sadly we will get nothing and the plot will just deflate

I wouldn't call her a "creepy" anything - she's just far too lolrandumb to be regarded with anything other than absolute cringe.
I mean, crawling over the counter…? This person is retarded.
A more interesting development would be if the real Tilly is tied up in a closet someplace and whoever this is has been stalking Hannelore for the past few months and saw their chance to get close.

More like Jeph is retarded. He could give her stalking tendecies a comedic edge by making it a show of her insane skill and dedication, like so: have her pseudo-teleport around and always appear behind everyone's back at a moment's notice (with obvious preference for Hanners) in a manner similar to vid related. But of course, we get anemic lolsorandumb cat shit instead.

I imagined this as some deranged shonen arc and that's a lot more interesting than this comic

Why doesn't she just pledge to break up and sell her mother's companies after she inherits them, unless she's left alone?

Fresh turd, now with 200% more anime cliches.

Hannelore ojou sama desu

I'm getting Moon Over June flashbacks here

Bullshit, mothafoka! The only reason he's writing this in is because the community haven't reacted to Tilly like the LoLfactory Jeph thought she'd be, and instead are triggered to fuck about boundaries, safe spaces, consent and all that other college bullshit.
Looks like Jeph has written himself into one of those tight corners and will have to really change shit up to stave off his hordes of fans, sitting there ready to devour him.
Tilly will have to become a villain or something, since they all hate her so very, very much for daring to be what was supposed to be a cheap laughs, comedy character.

She's already a villain for having the temerity to sit in Bubbles' exclusive chair.

So they have an exclusive chair for their friend? That coffee shop is more of a joke of a company than I thought.

To be fair, when the giant, red, PTSD-ridden murderbot demands her own chair, you give it her own chair.

It is hilarious that this is triggering for any reason other than it's a shit plotline. QC is a death spiral of blandness yet people still get offended over the digital comic equivalent of watching paint dry.

It is funny that something like Heavy Metal from the early 80s is still 5x more hardcore than what we get in today's "progressive" society.

Well you called it. Is there a more predictable writer than Jeph? He's like the Twitch Plays of webcomics.

Where do they live again? I was under the impression that they lived in New York City.

IIRC the series takes place in Northampton, Massachusetts, as indicated by the local college being Smif (a parallel to the real life Smith college)

So, let's see if I understand the current storyline. Jeph insisted on Twitter that the next arc (this one) would be a funny storyline with Hanners as the "straight man". The storyline introduces an unfunny, annoying new character who persists in invading Hanner's pesronal despite repeated attempts to get her to fuck off. Jeph's fans find said new character unfunny, annoying, and don't like how she won't take no for an answer. Jeph proclaims on Twitter that the new character was supposed to be in the wrong all along, and we now see that reflected in the comic.
How the fuck do his fans still not see that he's a slave to audience reaction?

I always thought they lived in San Francisco, or another similar city in California.
Is it stated where they live earlier in the comic maybe? I can't remember after so long.

i dunno if you're right on with the presumed location but it is Massachusetts i looked briefly through the archive for when faye went back home hoping for a direct mention but all i got was "Assy Chusetts"

Marten moved from California but that was 6-ish months before the first strip.

First time, okay, but this is basically a weekly occurrence. How can they not see this? How stupid are they?

Christ, this is so full of cancerous, SocJus buzzwords that there's no way this isn't a grovelling contrition by Jeph to appease his fans.
Shit, he couldn't even stretch the story as far as Tilly actually fucking *doing* anything. So far, the closest she's come to being a PA is that she drew a concept sketch of Hannelore in a dress. This "comedic" tenacity has lasted all of 2 hours, comic-time and already she sees the error of her ways in trying to help someone live a more organized life.

Jeph's fans come across like they'd be triggered by fucking Garfield comics when Nermal comes to stay.

To be fair, Garfield has a subtle and highly nuanced style of humor. Even I can get triggered by it's complexity when wrapping my mind around Jim Davis' genius.

It's amusing how the forum desperately attempts to reconcile everything. It's like Zelda fanboys trying to piece out a coherent timeline when Miyamoto himself says he doesn't really give a shit and makes obvious mistakes when discussing his own lore in interviews, which the fanboys then try to reconcile instead of considering maybe it's an old man who doesn't care making up something on the spot. The forum's approach to this whole situation is to take the characters' behaviors at face value and not to question the competency and motivations of the writer.

Hannelore's dad: I think I've done it! An AI that can pass for human! She's still a little…off, though. Hm, I'm not sure.

Hannelore's mom: Why don't we just foist her on our daughter to gather test data?

Hannelore's dad: Won't that raise suspicions?

Hannelore's mom: We'll throw her off the scent with some story about her needing a personal assistant or something.

God, is there anyone on the internet who can't write a better story than Jeph? And if Jeph really goes in this direction it'll be because he read this article. Tamara started out as nothing more than a lolrandumb assistant and nothing more, I guarantee it.

While I'm at Webcomics Review, he made this prediction in 2014…which was probably the last time we saw these characters.

Ah, just realized he was talking about May, not the other two, though he's still mostly right. Dale and Marigold effectively no longer exist while Quirky May is indeed an occasional background character. The bar seems to be whether it is appropriate for the character to make poop jokes. If it is appropriate then their spot as occasional "punchline" giver is guaranteed.

I know some of you were thinking this plot line would be aborted but you were wrong.

Disgusting.

Also, I will be shocked if Taffy isn't fake crying to manipulate her.

First time on Jeph's Twitter in a while, saw this retweet.

Yeah, that's how you become a professional illustrator for 15 years and look like you started a month ago like Jeph. I've never requested a commission but hear it's on the level of expecting a Kickstarter to pull through in terms of these artists flaking out on you.

I realize the blue check mark is a sham, but just to keep up appearances, Twitter should prevent people from changing their handle at will. I mean, what's the point in verification when people can put whatever they want as their handles? All the people Twitter de-verifies and they leave alone a guy who calls himself some variation of "butt butt fart anal poop". I know it's because Jeph has the "correct" politics but at least make it less blatantly obvious.

Page 10 Preparations

If she can randomly forget information relevant to her task because she's overwhelmed by emotion she can't be a fucking robot, right?

That's part of what makes this character frustrating, and also makes Jeph look firmly on the defensive to stave off the mean reddit comments - Tilly is completely inconsistent.
Could also be that Jeph forgot what he wrote just a day before, because when she first appears she displays this encyclopedic knowledge of Winslow (even doing that fucking raised finger to show she's making a point) then immediately starts forgetting stuff like Hannelore's job.

Of course, could also be that Jeph writes entirely on impulse and doesn't understand comedy beyond, "Gee! She sure is awkward, right?!"

This is QC's AI, user.

Oh it happens. For example: the whole Tilly/Taffy thing to begin with. I would bet money that Jeph introduced this running "joke" as a means to cover up his mistake. Every forum is not buying it, not even the official one. They're all saying Hannelore's passive aggression is out of character.

Well there's QC in a sentence. Then again, can you really expect better from a drug abuser who can't resist buying $8000 guitars and high end drawing tablets multiple times per year?

The world of hard sci-fi.

I assume the fans are either fooled by this or being banned into line for continuing to object

It wouldn't even take all that much to make it at least baseline interesting. Feature the character in 2-3 weeks of strips doing her best in anime style, get the audience used to her, and then collide worlds with Hannelore. There cannot be any meaningful tension because we know only one of the characters involved. In order for this to work there has to be a credible chance of taking Titty's side against Hannelore and no one sides with obnoxious, overbearing strangers.

I looked at the forum and while the community of moderators with thousands of posts each continue to rationalize and world build around Jeph's oversights, low count posters are complaining. No apparent bannings yet. Deep down the orthodoxy knows this character and arc are shit.

If this character comes out as transgender or otherkin then bannings will happen, probably even retroactively.

Just in time.

It feels good to be alive.

I think all the problems come down to Jeph being unable to grasp show; don't tell.
Like, we were told the pink robot is bad and evil, just because story.
He even tried to show how evil it was by having Menstro's memories stolen away, but was unable to develop this beyond the basic premise so we ended up just being told again that whatever it did, it must have been real bad.

Here we have Tilly who is a PA… because she just is. The drama surrounding this has lasted just a couple of hours in-universe, and Tilly could literally have been anyone else, even completely unemployed, and it would make no difference.
If Tilly had even performed a couple of works of lifestyle-optimization then at least we could have seen what she can do as PA and see that she has some worth.
But no - between getting out the bath and getting to work, this entire "plotline" has more or less been resolved.
Fucking hell, Tilly didn't even need to be at work with Hannelore! She could have stayed at home, designing a more efficient schedule for Hannelore and adjusting the layout of the apartment, and Jeph could even have managed to create humour by having Hannelore fret about her home life being disrupted while Dora assures her everything will be fine, then cut back to Tilly throwing stuff in a garbage bag saying, "She doesn't need *that*… or *that*."

Of course, that would likely trigger the fuck out of the fans/dictators-for-life.
They already regard Tilly as some sort of multiple rapist.

The Thanksgiving strips used to comment on shippings but QC is too bland for even that now.

You can only have one of these things at a time.

Funny thing is Jeph's just virtue signalling. He's not a real Canadian, just pretending to be, unless he's getting benefits by marriage, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way.

Northampton Massachusetts, he's mentioned it a few times out of comic, plus there's nearby places like Herrell's and Hampshire college that get mentioned by name in comic.

At least the comic got linear storyline and have proper ending compared to the septic tank limbo that is QC

Happy Thanksgiving, you poor tortured souls.

What are you thankful for?

I am thankful for this awful plot line.

Jesus, don't tell me Jephy boy's gonna tranny-fy another girl in this comic. One is too many.

Hanners takes her to task and she admits that her actions were unacceptable, but nothing about her behavior has changed. The only thing that's different is that Hannelore is accepting of her meddling.

I get the impression that Jeph thought up a "really good" storyline with a new character and was blindsided by the fan rejection of her. He has nothing else, so he has to double down on his anime girl brand new original character by changing the mannerisms of the fan favorite character so that she no longer rejects the new girl even when she should have every reason to do so. An authorial lobotomy, of sorts. His fans would have to be dumber than a sack of bricks to not see through this ruse.

Read it again. It says Tilly, not they.

I agree 100%. Jeph's pulling the old "you like Character A, and Character A likes Character B, so you should like Character B too!" trick. Also I'm pretty sure you're putting too much stock in Jeph's fans, I'm sure some of them will realize what's going on, but the vast majority will likely keep their lips firmly affixed to Jeph's anus.
Honestly even if I did like QC, I wouldn't give a shit about this new character, because there are plenty of other characters we're apparently supposed to care about who haven't shown up in like 200-500 pages. If Jeph can't muster up the effort to care about his characters, why should I?

But let's be real, it probably is a "they".

Strangely enough, Hannelore was already lobotomized, years ago.
When she first appeared she was confident, assertive, and actually had a sex drive. Then Jeph got triggered by creating a professional female character with a likeable personality so gave her an off-scene lobotomy to make her into one of the lolrandumbs.
After that he tried to justify it by saying, "Uhmm… Sh-she just changed her meds! Yeah, that's it! I meant this all along, guize! Heh-heh."

This current arc is a real crock of shit and it almost makes me feel sorry for Jeph. *Almost*.
He had it easy with Pinkbot - all it was missing was an opera cloak and moustache to twirl; the gallery were all booing and hissing right on queue for all the bad things that happened off-screen, of indeterminate nature, at some point in the past.
But now he thought he could watch a bunch of anime, recreate the mannerisms, and take his stupid story to a whole new comedic level but this time the audience just ain't buying it.
It's almost as if this gaggle of progressive hipsters that comprise his audience are more eager to hate people than anything else - any reason will do; they just *have* to hate.
But liking people? Now therein lies the challenge. They have a very narrow set of criteria by which they're allowed to like people and until all those boxes are ticked, with no ticks at all in the "hate" column, it just ain't going to happen.
*They* are the ones who are actually writing the comic, now. Jeph is their slave - years ago he gave them an inch, and they've since taken all he has.

cont.
I mean fucking hell, look at the reaction to Winslow:
Housebound AI, trapped in a thin cuboid, granted a full anthroform and control of its own life, and the audience couldn't hate it quickly enough.
Winslow was granted full agency (that quality they treasure so much in Hannelore that they fear Tilly shall somehow rob and destroy) and they were actually making arguments for Winslow to remain, essentially, a housebound slave.
They *love* to hate.

How long will this character last before he shitcans her? I say she won't last halfway through December.

The worst part is how readily the fans ate this up. It'd be fine to say something like, "Yeah, Hannelore was rewritten along the way but at least we have an in-universe explanation for it." No, the fans think Jeph's retcon was the plan all along. Even Star Trek fans are better than this. Data was shittily written and acted in the first season and everyone knows it. I've never heard anyone blame his fucking positronic phase inductors or whatever. Everyone just writes off the first season because there is no defending it. Though the Space Africa episode is hilarious.

These are the worst kind of fans. They're the kind of people who will praise writers of dying properties for doing outlandish things that make no sense that alienate all the other viewers. They're ultimately a drag on franchises because they do whatever they can to get close to the creators, e.g. on Twitter and at cons, and create positivity bubbles.

It's funny that the people who talk the most about tolerance, empathy, and acceptance are the most judgmental. Not too surprising, though. It's like the people who are a little too anti-gay or anti-pedo who end up taking it up the ass in men's bathroom stalls or have a harem of children in their basement.

Sadly, Jeph actually had this capability. It's how QC got off the ground in the first place. While Faye always strained credulity as being a parasite with too many friends, the other characters had a balance of likable and unlikable traits, making them feel somewhat "real". Everyone has been stripped down, though, to the point where they're all clones of each other. Replace Hanelore and Tilly with Clinton and Claire and their "Claire meddles with Clinton's life" arc. Is there really any difference?

C'mon Jeph, grow some balls of the most ironic fashion and rename this thing "Twitch Plays: The Webcomic"

Don't get me wrong, I do too, but I admit it. I grew up watching the worst movies and playing the worst video games. I'm obviously biased, but I do think there's a difference between hate watching and the intense psychological damage Jeph's progressive audience exhibits.

That sounds about right. Jeph is due for another 1-3 month timeskip, even though the strip's current season matches reality. But he might need an emergency timeskip where all the characters talk vaguely how Hannelore resolved the situation with her mother and Titty because he certainly can't write such a thing.

Oh god it was trying to be kawaii desu. I agree with Dora, Tilly must be killy

Having lived long enough to be blessed by the various Editfags and their beautiful works.

New thread