Trump Promises “Fast Trains” For US, Japan’s Railway Stocks Soar

President Donald Trump met with airline CEOs at the White House on Thursday. At the core of the discussion was the overhaul of the Federal Aviation Administration, including changes to the “totally out of whack” national air-traffic control system. He had other goodies for the airline CEOs.

Afterwards, Southwest Airlines CEO Gary Kelly told reporters that the meeting had been “delightful.” It seems they’d gotten pretty much what they’d wanted. “We are very well-aligned on some very key topics: income tax reform, regulatory reform, and especially growing our industry,” he said.

But something wasn’t picked up by the US media, though it was picked up by hedge funds and other speculators: In his remarks, Trump mentioned high-speed rail in the US. And on Friday, Japanese stocks dealing with high-speed rail systems soared on huge volume! And even in China, it happened.

In his remarks (transcript) to the aviation CEOs, Trump said this about US high-speed rail, while complaining about airports:

As an example, some of you were saying yesterday to me that you go to China, you go to Japan, they have fast trains all over the place. We don’t have one. I don’t want to compete with your business — (laughter) — but we don’t have one fast train.

And a few sentences on US airports and the Middle East later, he added:

And we have an obsolete plane system, we have obsolete airports, we have obsolete trains. We have bad roads. We’re going to change all of that, folks. You’re going to be so happy with Trump. I think you already are.

“We’re going to change all of that, folks.” And that apparently includes high-speed rail in the US.

This was followed up by Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, who after his meeting with Trump on Friday in his remarks (transcript) mentioned investment by Japan Inc. in the US, and then veered into high-speed rail and what Japanese companies with expertise in high-speed rail could do in the US to help move these projects forward. It would be nurtured with federal stimulus funding:

With President Trump taking on the leadership, I’m sure there will be — major-scale infrastructure investment will be made, including the fast-speed train.

Those of you who have rode on the Japanese Shinkansen, I’m sure you would appreciate the speed, the comfort and safety with the latest maglev technology. From Washington, D.C. to New York, where Trump Tower exists, only one hour would it take if you ride the maglev train…. Japan, with our high level of technical capability, we will be able to contribute to President Trump’s growth strategy.

archive.is/p8VL0

wolfstreet.com/2017/02/12/trump-mentions-fast-trains-japan-high-speed-rail-stocks-soar/

Other urls found in this thread:

extremetech.
mashable.com/2015/07/20/original-penn-station/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fuck i love trains.

High speed rail is a fuckhuge waste of money in the US. You have to price it high enough so spics and niggers won't ride, placing it in competition with air travel, which is much faster, or let the mud people afford to take the train in which case the whites wont.

HIGH SPEED PASSENGER RAILS ALL AROUND THE COUNTRY
MAINE TO SAN FRAN IN 3 HOURS
PLEASE KEK LET IT HAPPEN

What new Dank Engine OC do you expect to come out of these deals, Holla Forums?

Trains! Bing bing bong bong!

I fucking love trains. CHU CHU, nothing memes testosterone and MANLINESS like a fucking TRAIN.

Have fun.

Holy fuck I love trains..
This is better than the wall.

PRAISE KEK

We will, faggot.

I hear that high speed passenger rail is a waste because the US doesn't have much population density. Surely this has been thought of so what are they planning?

I need a doctor, I can already tell this is a 4 hour erection.

It's way more fuel efficient to start a train than a plane, retard. Planes burn a huge amount of their fuel just getting into the air. Inertia's a bitch. They're also easier to coordinate.

(heil'd)

It isn't a "waste", but connecting the whole nation would be overambitious. Rails like Dallas to Houston, etc, would be extremely useful and it's already been discussed in Texas government.

THE TRAINS WILL RUN ON TIME AGAIN

Fuck yeah I love trains.

This is a legitimate concern. I've ridden the DB Bahn network in Germany fairly extensively and last time I visited there were shitloads of freeloading shitskins.

What about a "you must be this pale to ride" policy?

checked, yes, coordinate, highspeed rail to bring people to central detaintment camps as punishment for subversive behavior.
High speed auschwitz when?

President Trump should be shutting Amtrak down. Not wasting more money on a failing industry. Trains are only good for cargo.

I'm imagining high speed rail crisscrossing the country. Huge road projects like wide highways, tunnels, awesome bridges. Energy projects that help us achieve energy independence.
We can do this if we fix our demographics. I honestly believe Trump knows this

That sounds like a ==GREAT== idea!

Fucking kill yourself shill.

how stupid are you nigger?

why doesn't the population density argument apply to airlines?

high speed rail between major hubs is very useful, and you can sell it to the ecotards as moving more people with less emissions.

The gas chamber is on the left.

(checked)

Is posting images with the ifunny watermark some kind of intentionally shitty meme? I keep seeing it happen.

"Shill" for what? The Amtrak Is Retarded Corporation? Stop parroting every buzzword you hear on the internet.

TRAIN TRAIN I LOVE MY STATION

It's the new version of the 9gag watermark meme.

that wont be a problem after he deports the mexicans and cuts welfare so the blacks either chimp out and get arrested or leave

Wew

High speed rail on top of the wall when?
did anyone save that great mspaint blueprint that user made?

The density problem applies to subways within a city. Given the distance between major cities a national HSR would be extremely useful to the US. Biggest problem is ….. niggers and other assorted shitskins getting free passes to ride on it. If it actually gets built I would expect it would only be tolerable if there is a first class set of trains at the front with it's own separate food and bathroom cars. So, just like with real estate, you will have to pay out the ass to avoid shitskins.

Why not just ban felons?

I hear we need tunnels and to reduce the curves to make our trains fast. Our rail is designed to handle way more heavier loads than Euro trains.

True.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chūō_Shinkansen

NORTH AMERICAN CIRCUIT SOON

fucking hotwheels

American niggers don't ride trains. I've ridden on amtrak literally hundreds of times in the north-east. No niggers.

not a trainfag but I trust Trump and if based nips are involved then that gives me more confidence

i'll give it the benefit of the doubt

I've debunked this comic before on Holla Forums, yet you keep on posting it. The author of this comic has never been on an Amtrak train. They are imagining it's like a city bus or subway. It isn't.

You see this bench seat? Amtrak doesn't have those. Subways and city buses have those, but Amtrak does not. Amtrak has seats like airplane seats only larger, more comfortable, and with much more leg space.

This second picture is what Amtrak actually looks like. White people quietly sitting by themselves, working on their laptops, reading books, or napping. Not the freakshow that comic depicts.

If this mother fucker builds all this shit I will keep a picture of him in my home for the rest of my life

If you want nogs you ride the bus.

I hear train security is laxed like 1970s airline travel.

It can afford to be, because compared to air-travel, nobody uses it.

You hear wrong. You have to go through just as much security to get on an Amtrak as you do to get on a plane.

It is. It's nice and comfy. My only complaint about Amtrak is the trains smell like fucking bathroom chemicals, and you can't open the windows. If they fixed the smell and added cars with windows you can open, I'd be riding them all of the time.

It is. It's fantastic. You just walk right into the train station and straight onto the plane. Not even any bullshit metal detectors, let alone x-rays or backscatter machines. No security lines, the only line you stand in is to buy your ticket if you're too much of a pleb to buy it online, and the line to board the train.

This is a lie.

That's a lie, in NYC you literally just walk on. Same with the Midwest.

Good luck trying to fly a train into a skyscraper.

|
|>
|

THIS IS YOUR COUNTRY ON SHITSKINS
As an eastern yuropoor, this makes me laugh. I ride the train daily from a station that is just a fucking hut selling tickets and like 3 benches. No security no nothing. Ticket enforcement is old lady with a stamp. Nothing bad happens anyway.

That's exactly how it is in America dumbass.

Bullshit. You just get on the train, no security. Stop lying. I ride the train regularly.

I was replying to an user claiming otherwise. If it's not the case, very well - how the fuck should I know. The idea of TSA style security for trains seems utterly ridiculous so it would just make sense if it's bullshit.

He's talking about Amtrak "observation cars", you lying piece of shit.

The TSA claims they have the right to be security for Amtrak, but Amtrak tells them to fuck off and die.

Looks nothing like his comic, I've literally never seen those actually on an amtrak train, and even if they were put on the train that wouldn't magically make amtrak riders into the niggers and dregs of society that comic depicts.

Which, by the way, your picture proves. All you see in your picture is a few normal white people minding their own business.

If that's true, then it's time for you to shut up. You are too ignorant about this subject to debate. Stop wasting everybody's time.

Ignorant and stupid. Poor people ride trains. That's common sense. The last time I rode Amtrak was over a decade ago. Shit load of loud and rude blacks. I can only imagine how worse they act after eight years of Obama.

Oh that's cool. Our trains don't have that. Also kill yourself kike.

FUCK YEAH

Have you ridden at night? Nogs moving camp between extended family houses in NYC, Balt, DC, and Jersey take the late night amtrak

That actually looks comfy.

oh you jester. You know we are.

MULTI-TRACK WINNING

Hell yeah, Texas Triangle High Speed rail network here we come!

Didn't the artist of those comics work for MAD magazine? I remember their work being stiff whiny and unfunny then, it's too bad things haven't changed.

This, I rode from Upstate New York to Michigan once, and the only complaint I have was a long-ass layover is Shitcongo. The seats were markedly more comfortable than a plane's, the people were all friendly, and it was an overall enjoyable experience.

TRAINS ARE GAY

Seriously, it's just a bunch of very expensive spread out real estate that needs constant maintenance. Running costs are insane even for small nations, nevermind the fucking US of A.

America needs planes and zeppelins and drones. Aircraft are the future of all transportation. US is the aircraft king they need to be fucking crushing that shit and killing everyone.

As five other people have already said, bullshit. Trains have virtually no security checks.

"TRAINS ARE GAY"

Benefits of trains
Planes on the other hand

If you goys knew anything about autism and trains… what the fuck are we casting?

Well Soros is getting more powerful…

autistic fights about trains on Holla Forums

Kek.

Oh boy, another train sperg thread. In before someone says to build a train on top of The Wall for some fucking reason.

It's not maglev you fucking idiot. It's just a dedicated electric rail line.

Can't wait for it to be finished in 30 years.

MY NIGGERS

Our Autobahn. Trump will put the unemployed to work.

Fuck that dude, I hate the airports and its bullshit you deal with when you have to speedracer past 85 terminals just so you can sit cramped next to some fatass cornered next to the window. Going the train route its more cost-effective, and Trump can start laying down CWDM fiber on the train right-away. Sell it to the telecom that pays the most.

Reminder that this isn't just about having a railway, but also about putting unemployed apes to work so they aren't robbing decent folk in the daytime.

They're still going to be packed with niggers. Garbage, graffiti, and that greasy residue they leave on everything they touch. Not to mention the stink.

Not a problem, the government can relocate people, as well as all the money the project would make would make it back instantly
i don't think you understand civil engineering
possible, but i doubt it, trump has a tight leash on most of the govt
possibly, but it doesn't have to be
that's why you make more lines
it's easy to work around city streets and the like, as well as to thread a station around

Message for all the kikes and cryptos in this thread

We must build a nationwide network of high-speed trains. These will carry passengers at near lightspeed from one side of the continent to the other and back again. They will welcome us into plush leather seats and carry us on a cushion of ionized particles down a rail made of solid technetium (or whatever). We will do this, whatever the economics of the system, not because it's great, but because we are.

There was a time in the United States when we built, burrowed, bought, and broke things with an eye toward our national greatness. Look at pic related; that's a 1907 postcard of a fucking waiting room in Pennsylvania Station. Why did our ancestors build it like that? Why fucking bother? Look at all that expensive granite and wasted floor space. There's not one productive business in sight! Why isn't the ceiling just 20 feet high, or the floor made from linoleum? Why not put a bunch of cheap plastic fake shit all over and save a buck or two?

The answer is because we deserve better. We're white, which implies a whole trainload (pardon the pun) of baggage. We must build bigger, better, and more beautifully than our inferiors, just as we had to go to the Moon. We went as a way of demonstrating that niggers, spics, chinks, and communists (honorary shitskins) couldn't do it themselves. We can, and so we shall. It's the same reason we're going to build a big, beautiful wall across 2,000 miles of harsh fucking desert. The wall is a stupid idea, to be honest. It won't stop illegals from overstaying their visas or smuggling drugs by air or sea, but fuck it all – we're going to build the fucker, and it's going to be faced with exterior limestone because fuck Mexico.

The objections I see to a national high-speed rail project are, frankly, Jew-tier. "It'll cost a bunch of shekels, goy!" or "Think of all the welfare we could be paying for with that $100 billion!" Well, all I can do with this is concede quite cheerfully that it will be overpriced and then tell you to fuck off back to your temple, rabbi. National greatness is an end unto itself, and it has fuck-all to do with how many denari we get per silver talent. Fuck you and fuck your accounting; we're Aryans, and we build our temples to shame the subhumans of this Earth. Our new infrastructure must make the slave races feel very small and insignificant next to us, and it must make the white American stand ten feet tall. Great accomplishments make white men marry white women and breed a race worth saving. They inspire that couple's children to study engineering and art. Their ruins help resuscitate a fallen people during a dark age.

We will build because it is worthy of us. We will make ourselves worthy of it.
Dehumanize yourself and your face to a new scripture, written in stone and consecrated to its builders
Give those deported spics and mudslimes something to look at while their boats are pulling away from the pier.

HOLY FUCK I LOVE TRAINS

Aircraft

Aircraft are American as fuck.

extremetech. com/computing/187258-43tbps-over-a-single-fiber-worlds-fastest-network-would-let-you-download-a-movie-in-0-2-milliseconds

Re-iterating, the right-away/construction of the railway can potentially include 1TB wavelengths. Even if we lose on the train deal we still gain.

Do not even have to buy new land for it. Rails could be built over existing interstate highways. I-10 coast to coast could be driven in your car through a tunnel with the railway over the tunnel, for example.

Comfy Tohoku Shinkansen (not maglev)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYCVIdZDCn0

maglev thingy
www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaZpX9FZdWw

I would invite you to investigate the current state of California high-speed rail before you handwave every concern I have. And I didn't even mention that it takes decades to build. Even with Trump building under budget and ahead of schedule, 8 years isn't enough. It will be orders of magnitude more expensive than the Wall (and unlike the Wall, Mexico will not pay for it). Even if it undercut airplanes you'd still have competition where these lines don't go.

And after all that, if each dollar was put into airports and highways instead we'd have more to show for it.

What happened to that Elon Musk hyperloop idea? Was elon trying to scam us?

Why do Americans hate trains so much? Nips and Europeans love em.

Solid post, thanks user.

Yes, he certainly is. Forget the Hyperloop – the whole fucking thing is fundamentally unsound. You can't build a gigantic vacuum chamber and send (relatively) tiny capsules down it at near the speed of sound. The first nigger who shoots a hole in the tube will bring the whole thing to a halt with the explosive pressurization.

Add to that the fact that they don't even have a goddamned design for the system yet, and that any material progress (even if it wasn't a stupid waste from the get-go) is fucking decades off.

Thunderf00t has a few good videos on this subject, even if he is a goddamned Hillary-worshipping cuck.

Thats why we got Warren Buffet. Make his ass pay for it.

He's digging tunnels for some reason and I can only assume it's to test this at the very least. It's barely past the proof of concept stage. Even if that failed, he still might have a more efficient tunnel boring machine that he can sell off.

Because America is fucking huge.

Nips and euros live in cramped as fuck countries

Thanks, I remember watching this meme on the Simpsons. Short story, they get fancy overpiced next-gen railway system, then everyone is pissed off cause its a piece of shit.

You must be from bankrupt Commiefornia. Amtrak hasn't made a profit in generations.

Such massive delusion.

Amtrak loses a billion dollars a year that is subsidized by the government.
I do enjoy riding it to other major cities for the weekend though.

One word. Blacks. They ruin all public transportation. Which is what the eurabians are learning right now.

SEMPRE IN ORARIO

The original railroads only made money because cars and aircraft (i.e. faster, more flexible transport) didn't exist yet. All the railroads had to compete with was canals and rivers. The owners bought up land and business along the way before they built the tracks. Then they transported their businesses cargo for free to where there was demand. The land they'd bought they sold for profit as towns grew around their railway stops. As soon as demand was saturated the railroads simply became a burden. Especially with the advent of cars.

Drones and other aircraft are the future, trains are a relic.

Fucking americans I swear.
Trains are comfy as fuck and high speed ones are very fast.
Dehumanize yourself.

Trains are miniature space elevators.

Jim road those rails in Japan. I'm sure he likes it but that's in homogeneous Japan. But anyone who has ever road public transportation in the US knows how much it can suck because of certain dark cultural pluralities and elements.

Try actually coming to america before you open your mouth. America has VAST stretches of undeveloped land that is probably inconcievable to a euro. You can drive for hours just going from medium sized town to medium sized town.

Holla Forums pls go

Areas that are already served by trains and have existing (and crumbling) highway/airport infrastructure that needs to be upgraded.

And space elevators are just tools to make spaceship travel more feasible. By this logic, trains should only ferry people to airports.

You know what's more comfy than a train ride? Extra money in your pocket because the government didn't spend it on an antiquated pipe dream.

so you're either saying that trump made the wrong decision, or he is anticipating that shitskins wont ride, correct? trump doesnt make decisions unless he is sure it will turn out good, so the first option's out

New Jersey is the most densely populated state in America (people/square mile).
You can go to the south Jersey marshlands and be 20 miles away from absolutely anyone.

Do you have any idea what jet fuel costs?
You think maintaining airports and runways is free? Not to mention the planes? Why do you think all space programs are trying to shave literal grams off their shit?
Why do most businesess transport their goods with both trucks and trains?

Maybe because its cheaper?
No it just because they're retarded and you know better than million dollar companies right?

While I'm all for building national HSR you better believe that it would need TSA style security. If the trains are utilized by many riders at all they will instantly be targets for terrorists.

[SCREAMS AUTISTICALLY IN ILIEKTRAINZ]

Lots of wildlife are hit and killed by trains in our national parks.

Putting the train on top of the wall would prevent this tragedy!

Yeah, fucking kill yourself, TSA is and always has been a joke and a disgrace.

THIS. One of the perks of using amtrak. Factor in an extra hour of travel time when flying due to TSA "security checks" and the scanners. Factor in an extra 30 minutes when you land to get your baggage. Riding amtrak is always a breeze. I'd estimate any trip

nice hitler dubs

We're skeptical because trains are usually massive boondoggles, troughs of public cash for the politically connected to gorge themselves on. Also consider the sheer size of America and then consider that only 5% of it is actually developed.

I'll get on board the train train though only because Trump and Nips

it fucking hurts to see a fuck ton of beautiful white structures have been demolished for this modernist garbage

pic related, the new Penn station

Not really. Many business and construction people ride the trains from the suburbs to the city daily. Perhaps the subways are filled with coons and other mud peoples, but the Metra (the train that gets you from the suburbs to downtown Chicago) is filled with business class people and tradesmen who dont want to pay $30 a day to park their car in a parking garage AND deal with bump to bumper traffic on every highway going to work on going home from work.

I'm not saying I want it, I hate it and think it's a complete joke. I'm saying after they have been targeted a few times by terrorists they will put body scanners at every train station for every passenger and little old ladies will be felt up again.

The real issue in the age of terrorism is that it's hard to guard thousands of miles of rail around the clock. Even if terrorists can't get bombs on board they can certainly cause tunnel collapses or blow up bridge supports, use explosives to derail the trains etc. This is why you don't let shitskins in your country.

really makes you think.

That looks like every shopping mall what a disgrace.

That is at least a step up from the current penn station, which is the basement of MSG.

IIRC the TSA wanted the right to snoop around Amtrak's trainyards and Amtrack basically told them they'd have their staff shoot any TSA agents they caught in their trainyards and claim it was an accident.

Where, exactly? Just looking in Google Earth, I can see no such place in NJ.

Kek google where mafia would dump bodies in NJ.

They have them on the Zephyr (Chicago to San Fran). On the lower deck of car is a canteen where you can buy food and beer, and eat and drink in booths.

They're very nice, and again, absolutely nothing like that comic. There are no long bench seats. The longest joined seats are twin. No seat has its back to a wall or window. You are a liar.

Why are there so man people lying about the fucking Amtrak? Do shills just get ordered to lie, without any plan?

All the libs i've talked to have actually been on board with trump's infrastructure plan

trains are a universally loved concept i guess

Commiefornia has promised its citizens high speed rail since the 1980s, 2017 still no high speed rail and they changed the destination to San Fagcisco. Nobody wants to go to that overpriced piece of shit tourist fag trap.

Kek speed Grand Emperor!

TRUMP IS THE REINCARNATION OF EISENHOWER

INFRASTRUCTURE AND DEPORTING ILLEGALS FUCK YEAH

Thread theme?

this tbqh

Governments getting involved in trains is a historic recipe for boondoggles besides. My optimism and love of trains as a throbbing achievement of human industry is tempered by the realities of how this shit always plays out.

kill youreself you lying kike

This. I've had only good experiences with Amtrak (treat it like flying when you schedule and you'll be fine). I avoid public transportation in the city at all costs. The regional connector to Amtrak is decent and does not have niggers, so it's good for going between suburbs.

checked! ofcourse everyone loves trains! trains, anime, and shitposting are the meaning of life!

Im currently not a fan of trains. There is one that is trying to get built that goes right through the middle of my farm.

teleportation will be real soon

What on earth is peaceful Ahmed doing in your country, user?

Live in Chimpcongoland and can confirm Metra is pretty nice.

You may like this, or find it incredibly sad: mashable.com/2015/07/20/original-penn-station/

Capped.

Hello guys, p.h.D. in Holla Forums biology here: I wanted to announce the species name of a new species of shill.

Hebreus locomotivus

These shills can be seen lurking around Holla Forums spreading lies about a form of modal transportation that has served the white man for a century. You can always spot these shills because they post the same tired out comics that have been debunked a thousand times.

Flying cars, unless there's a powerful network capable of handling all of those aircraft flights, aren't that good of an idea. If they're manual, people would be too retarded to fly them, automatic (unless each aircraft transmits information about their course) would have issues dealing with air traffic.

It's getting rather close to 2 centuries since the dawn of rail, actually.

THIS THING TOBLEROWNS

There won't be any terrorists left once Trump gets done with them. The United States won't be funding the terrorists who stalk our citizens anymore with the first real president in decades.

I've taken Amtrak, its not that bad considering Congress has been trying to strangle it financially for years.

The food is pretty good if you buy the meal option. Its just kind of slow since the rails are shared and freight has priority.

Also, annual reminder that America used to have the best rail transport in the world. It was deliberate ly dismantled by you know who to sell more cars and oil.
ht tps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-I8GDklsN4&t

This is the kind of stuff we need.
This will not only create many jobs with the construction and maintenance of such railways, but it's also a huge fuck you to the inefficient and over priced airlines.

Set up will be expensive, but maintaining it will likely be relatively cheap.

thanks for the infographic

not only that, but if it's made with american steel, it'll make more jobs in mines, steel mills, etc
one piece at a time…

INB4 TRUMP BUILDS A HIGH SPEED RAIL ATOP THE WALL SO AMERICANS CAN POINT AND LAUGH AT OUR SOUTHERN NEIGHBORS BEING GUNNED DOWN BY BORDER PATROL

It isn't autism if it makes sense. I could make a laundry list if you like. Hell, I might just do that. There are only two advantages that cars everywhere afford: escape from niggers and decent transport in decentralized, sprawling towns and cities as are the norm for the past 50 years. Thing is, cars and the infrastructure they rely on are sensitive to any shocks in energy prices. Mass transit is not as sensitive.

You also have HUD moving niggers and spics into the suburbs more and more with wider section 8 programs - that is, more generous subsidized housing specifically targeting what used to be de facto segregation and ghettoization of the swarthy underclasses. Most mass transit moves more people faster without as much pollution and crowding either. By "crowding" what I mean is yes, a train or trolley may get /crowded at peak hours on an individual basis, but it's nothing like the congestion you'll see in the main roadways during rush hour.

The Feds have deliberately undermined what benefit there was to living in the suburbs with mass immigration and subsidized housing. At some point, it makes a lot more sense to stop moving further and further from the city center and just cut out the bullshit and the commute and reclaim the city and torch the blight. If you don't have to commute for work or you live in a homogeneous area, that's great. But that doesn't reflect most white people's daily life.

The current way most new cities are structured - suburban sprawl if you like - it only makes sense if you assume cheap energy and a relatively small underclass forever. It's an asinine assumption. If you remove either of these assumptions, and we get either the demographics of Brazil (45% white, which we're within a generation of), or oil hits and stays at $130 a barrel for ten years running, all of a sudden this suburban sprawl is going to seem like a really fucking stupid idea and everyone is going to wonder why it was so hot in the first place. Yeah, land was cheap and it was great to expand horizontally, but no one was thinking of the long-term. Ironically, it was only in leftist infested coastal cities where geography dictated conserving space that they actually thought somewhat and considered the long-term.

Depends. It would be fine for parts of the East Coast or California if funding could be had. Part of the problem is that securing funding could be done through two ways: massive debt or cutting into several years of gibs. Neither is popular, because we're talking something that's only going to pay off 5+ years down the road if it is well built and not riddled with graft (as projects out in California and DC tend to be even more so than the rest of the country). Debt financing is the most likely, but paying down the debt requires the state govs to make yearly cuts anyway and mostly in gibs and pensions, or ask the Feds to bail them out.

The only shit thing about Amtrak, relatively speaking, is the high cost of operation and the fact that it's not terribly fast. It's still faster than a car will average, but it's not high speed.

Planes are fine. The TSA are just a bunch of niggers and goons who fuck everything up.

You'll never get shiteater billionaires to pay for anything and we're not at the stage of confiscating illgotten gains.

heil to the god of dubs
He has been voicing his concerns over how awful the management of Aerospace in general is, he could be planning massive fast freight shipping which could cut down on fuel costs and be more predictable.

Railways hiring when?

Its California, Land of Feinstein.

Shit. I'd ride a train that averages Mach 1.2 over a transcontinental trip. I bet everyone else would too, as that's about 2x the speed of a commercial jet. What are you planning to do about the sonic booms from going 900+ mph, though?

For at least the first year of operation, I would like the trains to maintain a speed right at the trans-sonic region so as many sonic booms as possible can be generated.

When we hear them, it will be just one of many reminders that America is great again.

Wow, so what you're saying is that rather than waiting for some train infrastructure that will never be built, we could just use all the existing interstate highway rights of way and do this tomorrow?

Yes, please… choose a route along the southern border so that everyone has to go a thousand miles (or more) out of their way to get to/from the transcontinental line.

Too late. it was always too late

Trautist protip: be sure to reiterate this as often as possible during every public comment period & town hall so that normies will know how awesome it will be. You know, if supersonic high speed rail were even a viable thing.

What is Boston's Big Dig? The Bay Bridge Replacement?

Construction of rail is actually pretty fast with machines that can build miles of tracks and trackbeds with ease. Dealing with the blood sucking politically connected contractors and environmental lawyers that thrive on prolonging projects is the real problem.

YOU FUCKING RETARDS THIS IS A BAD THING
IN A NON-HOMOGENEOUS COUNTRY LIKE USA ALL TRAINS DO IS GIVE CITY-DWELLING SUBHUMANS ACCESS TO THE REST OF THE COUNTRY
FUCK HAVE YOU NIGGERS EVER BEEN TO A TRAIN STATION HERE? FULL OF NIGGERS AND DEGENERATES
FIX THE DEMOGRAPHICS FIRST OR WE'RE ALL FUCKED

Trains are the easiest form of transit to make exclusive. You think your shitty ghetto light rails cross the country?

Bullshit liar. Went to NYC to NJ and didn't have any security at all.

this is going to be one hell of a bake off

DO YOU THINK THEY'LL MAKE THE TRAINS EXCLUSIVE? NO
AMTRAK FUCKING RUINED COMMIEFORNIA BECAUSE IT SPREAD THE URBAN PLIGHT TO THE REST OF THE STATE
JESUS FUCK A NATIONWIDE TRAIN WOULD KILL THIS COUNTRY SO FUCKING QUICKLY

Northeast corridor amtrak is fine, never had a problem. Just occasional delays. A bullet train from D.C. to Boston would be amazing though.

What was the name of Hitler's travel program for the youth to see all of Germany? American version WHEN

Nigger you have to pay money to get on a long distance train. Shitskins can walk all the way from the middle east to Germany and you think it takes a fucking train to spread the filth around? Imagine if they weren't confined to the rail lines and could travel anywhere the earth is flat? Oh wait, they can! Because apparently selling drugs makes just enough money to make payments on a used Cadillac with spinnerz and some Air Jordans, but not quite enough for the kids' education.

You've never had a problem because the whole east-coast is city-territory
THANKS TO ALL THE EASILY ACCESSIBLE PUBLIC FUCKING TRANSPORT
THIS SHIT WORKS IN ASIA BECAUSE ASIA IS STILL ASIAN

fuck sake cunt, lay off the red text, you're giving me a migraine with your autism

They better have goddamn bars in them. That is all.

DUDE ASHES AND ECHOES LMAO
fine, I'm passionate about trains.
t. 1chan

I read an article about it being cheaper to fly from London to some town in Scotland with an hour layover in Berlin, than it would be to take a train direct from London to the Scottish town.
Of course, if anyone can cure our infrastructure problems, it's Trump.

Pic related is pretty good for gaining perspective when it comes to long-distance rail discussion.

WEW
FOR
CHU CHU

We don't need a 300mph or 200mph train, we just need a 100mph train. Can't be that tough.
The fastest I've ever been on an Amtrak train was about 75 mph, judging from how fast the cars on the highway were passing us.

To my knowledge Amtrack trains and trains in general can't exceed 75 mph for some reason in the US. I'm pretty sure it's the age and geometry of the infrastructure that handicaps the speed of locomotive transport.

I would be content with a transcontinental rail line that reaches 150mph when it's on straightaways going over the prairie. 75-100mph should be the limit for rail traffic in more convoluted areas, considering how hard it is for trains to stop.

What the fuck are you on about? Railroads exist all over the world and pay for themselves.