Thor Ragnarok leaked

The movie was released for critics already one month before its release so here is the spoilers in case anyone here wants to ruin for normalfags (Holla Forums did the same for ''Shadow of War')

Mid-Credits Scene.
Post-Credits Scene.

that shit was nothing compared to the boston salt party

I guess they had to make sure that Thor is BLACKED.

You meant to say Valkyrie got BLEACHED
Besides only women ever get blacked, not men.

This is pretty asinine. Least it somewhat leads to an actual end to Asgard. Which probably only happened because all the Thor actors felt underappreciated. Or they needed some deaths that'd feel heavy without being completely plot breaking for future movies. But if Valhalla is real then this isn't really the real Ragnarok if nobody gets revived in the end for a final epic battle. Whatever. They've stepped over norse myth too much.

wat do

Is OP Mark Ruffalo? lol
Oh well, new actor for hulk soon then.

Even he must be thanking God right now.

2, except don't see it at a cinema or give them any money. Pirate that shit.

Those were the days.

Torrent dumbass.

What do you mean?
Is there a rumor for a new Hulk?
I FUCKING HOPE SO

Ruffalo leaked a decent amount of the movie. He joked about getting fired and replaced. imo I think Disney let him leak it as a PR stunt.

This movie is going to suck, right?

Random, not Holla Forums related fact:
I've heard from a friend he tried to play MvCI online, but literally noone plays.

That plot… sounds horrible.

They fucked up any chance to make a Planet Hulk movie, but of couse that should be for the best.

We really do.

lol

Why even bother calling it Thor at this point?

Guardians of the Galaxy with Thor characters…
Gah why? Just make GotG3 then!

I don't know if it's disappointing or comforting that GotG 1 & 2 are the best Marvel movies.

But the best movie is The Incredible Hulk, user.

Best Hulk is Lou Ferrigno FOREVER

i still get triggered by how hollywood and every other cunt has ruined a perfectly great song.

Anyhow, that sounds ridiculous. Remember the Street Fighter film with JCVD, where Blanca is essentially created by playing nasty videos on loop in front of him? I can't believe they're doing that in reverse for the Brucey. What a fucking shit show.

Hey i didn't know we still had redditors coming here.

>hela is odins daughter
So not only did they get the mythology wrong, but even the comics wrong
SHES LOKIS FUCKING DAUGHTER DAMMIT

Well, when your life isn't focued on being sequestered in your room daily like a twat, then you inevitably come in to contact with the wider world. How can you not notice?

Can't lose the female fans by having LOKI a non-virgin. Haha

AEther, dark magics, drow… oh my

fuck off shill

Get out to Holla Forums jeremy

Natalie Portman not in THOR3? Why bother then?

SoW wasn't worth it.
They fucked up the lore soto such an unbelievable degree that noone should really care about it anymore.

Pics related, or what?

???

When's the next HULK movie?

Yeah, as much as Mark Ruffalo has fucking owned the Hulk role, we still haven't seen a solo Hulk film with him.

Blanchett needed more bust
Haha

Hey Holla Forums

Imagine being such a sperg that an inane post like that angers you and causes you to screech about a board that doesn't even consist of those kinds of posts.

20 more years, anons.

disney was a mistake
hopefully box office fatigue sets in and they give up

It already has. Disney is pretty much the only thing propping up Hollywood nowadays. There are now rumblings of how Samey the DCAU is. And the Infinity Gauntlet is a TERRIBLE story for adaptation.

Sorry I meant to say MCU

i guess the true indicator will be the next star wars film

I don't know if this is a blessing or not

What did Disney play to use LED ZEPPELIN's Immigrant song?

Who's ready for the All Diverse All Direct-to-Video Marvel?

Episode VIII will do good, not as good as VII or Rogue One, but the Han Solo one will be a total flop.

Probably a lot, so they had to play it twice in a cheap way to add a very weak parallelism to the movie. Also,

Although it was in the soundtrack album for Iron Man 2, it wasn't used in that movie.

At least it means no Jane "Call Me Thor" Foster for now.

You're implying Jane doesn't get superpowers from being dicked by thor

Being a mythologyfag is suffering.

She's still the goddess of death and everyone from Asgard but Loki, Thor, Valkyrie, and Heimdall die.

Disney can't make a Hulk solo movie without permission or paying either Paramount or Universal, I forget.

I think you're underestimating just how specific the ragnarok prophecies are. The death of every god is laid out in detail. Thor crushes the skull of Jormungand, the enormous serpent son of Loki, before succumbing to his venom. Loki is slain by Heimdall, the culmination of their long enmity as Heimdall, being exceptionally vigilant, was a foil for Loki's tricks. Heimdall then succumbs to his own wounds.

The only one who might conceivably survive in a faithful rendition is the valkyrie, but only because she doesn't even have a basis in myth. That is to say while there are valkyries, no stories deal with renegades that I'm aware of.

Really? So HULK is in the same shenanigans as Spiderman before Homecoming?

Just say it. It's probably one of the better Marvel films in terms of pacing and action, but it's definitely more Gaurdians of the Galaxy than Avengers. Instead of quippy humor, everyone does awkward humor instead. The opening scene features Thor dangling from a chain while Surtur monologues about how Ragnarok is coming, but Thor keeps slowly spinning around, so the conversation keeps pausing while Thor awkwardly remarks how silly the situation is.. Then he summons his hammer after a dramatic one liner and…. There's a long awkward pause and he says something of "oh.. uhh. sorry, wait, I mistimed that." Then he gets his hammer and it turns into a pretty good action scene. And that's kind of the whole movie in a nutshell. Lots of awkward humor and semi-self-aware jokes and bad dialog writing, capped with great action and set piece scenes.

The twist at the end of the movie can be seen coming from a mile away.
>Loki throws Surtur's skull in the Eternal Flame which was literally right next to it

Oh, and this?
Doesn't happen.

Nigger Valkyrie was easily the worst part of the whole movie. She's got this annoying swagger in all her little movements that makes her obnoxious. Also she's constantly drunk and despite not being a God, can fight on par with them because she's an super speshul Valkyrie. Also noticed in a couple crowd scenes, they shoved a few niggers in the front to up that diversity quota, because literally 99% of the crowds that weren't aliens were white people.

I know. I'm just saying it still kind of happens. Kind of. But yeah, this movie butchers and just outright ignores every single basis of the myths they're barely basing their characters on.

I can imagine Hela to be re-purposed as Thanos' waifu. After all, she *did take the biggest lightning bolt in the world and that didn't stop her*.

I'm scared for Infinity War now. This movie could have been epic in the whole Gotterdumrang aspect of it but it completely squanders the tone with shitty reddit jokes. Imagine this but with all the MCU characters present.

Apparently, the guy who directed it and voiced the rock monster, some Kiwi faggot, only has experience with "indie" movies, which explains why all of the humor is awkward stuttering and being obnoxiously flippant and quirky. It ruins what would otherwise be one of Marvel's better movies.

And because I'm sure it never stops being entertaining.. His real name is Taika (((Cohen)))

I liked the humor honestly. It bugged me all movie because the humor reminded me of what we do in the shadows and low and behold it was directed by the guy who directed it.
I honestly think its probably the second best marvel movie, right after Guardians 2, but only because guardians had more of an emotional impact. While not all the jokes were winners, I was laffing a good 85 to 90% of the time.

They could have at least made her sympathetic but having her clueless about how to stop fighting, or show some good side- and then you pile up all the myth inconsistency and this is a 4/10 at best since the action was ok and some of the jokes landed.

Thor in drag… heh

This is the first MCU movie that managed to ward off even the most normal of my normalfag co-workers
No one in my area gives a shit about this movie

… but he was fucked by a horse.

The absolute state of NEOGAF.

They said the movie was okay tho.

I'll wait until the first marvel movie with a new cap or Iron Man comes out.
Only if that tanks hard enough I'd start to celebrate the beginning of the end for the MCU.

Taken as a whole, it's actually pretty good.. It's just got all these obnoxious little moments of awkward humor that once you notice them, you find yourself reflexively flinching every time yet another awkward moment happens or a character stutters their way through a line that should have been cut entirely.

I really don't understand how everywhere I'm reading considers this the best Marvel movie to date
They say this about every Marvel movie
They said it about Homecoming
They said it about Civil War
They’ll say it about Black Panther

Hell, they say it The Force Awakens and Rogue One too

If you take critics seriously at this point, you have only yourself to blame

god I just got finished rereading The Sandman and I forgot how much a lot of that was shit (mainly all the human characters) and how they ruined The Kindly Ones with such shitty fucking art. Sage because Best Death reminded me enough to post. I sincerely hope they don't try to bring Endless Death into this and go with the good old hooded skelly.

I didn't hate or even dislike the humor in the movie, but it still managed to ruin it. Thor doesn't act like Thor, because they wanted him to react humourously for a joke. Why is Thor screaming like a girl because the chair had kind of scary visuals? Why is he screaming like that because of someone cutting his hair? WHY IS THOR FREAKED OUT BY SMELLING BURNING FLESH? Does this movie forget that he's been a drunken asshole warrior going around starting shit and fighting in wars for the past few thousand years at least?

And the humor doesn't just laugh at Thor, who should be an unflappable nordic warrior. The humor undercuts LITERALLY EVERY dramatic scene in the movie.When Banner jumps out to become the Hulk to save people, you get treated to the shot of Bruce's human body slapping into the bridge. I honestly thought to myself, "That was funny, but I'm just pissed off they made that joke." It was Banner's heroic moment, where he think's he's never going to come back from being The Hulk and is sacrificing himself for a bunch of strangers, and they made it a moment to laugh at him. Even Asgard being destroyed was turned into a fucking joke. Before I'd always said that the MCU's strength was the ability to laugh at their characters to a degree and recognize how silly they are, but this entire fucking movie did nothing but slap the heroic characters around and laugh at them

They couldn't even use the good version of the song.

Watched it this weekend. It wasn't bad, but it was forgettable.

Say what you want about the quirky humor, but I found it to be one of the only redeeming qualities of the movie. The plot is dumb, Hela is dumb, the Valkyrie was all sorts of dumb, the ending is dumb; and by dumb, I mean generic, bland and trying too hard to be "superhero epic", like most Mahvel movies are. Making most of it silly and taking themselves less seriously was refreshing, but it still smelled of generic superhero movie in the Asgard segments. Seriously, Hela was a boring villain, and it takes a special kind of boring for me to say that a dominatrix-type character is boring. The Valkyrie was also boring as fuck because it felt as if the higher ups had asked them to insert a strong female sidekick and just grabbed a generic strong independent sassy black woman template from the "character archetypes suits love" shelf. At least they made her a drunkie, but that gave for two funny gags tops, and the rest of the time it wasn't even present.

But the Skaar segments were funny in general. My friends and I thought the Grand Master to be fairly funny (more because it reminded us of anither character, but whatever), and the short street scenes with Thor, Banner and the Hulk festival were pretty original. I would have loved a full movie about Thor being a gladiator in a wasteland world fighting to synthwave and neon colors, like a more flashy Mad Max in the Thunderdome, but instead we got half of that and half of a generic superhero-refugee drama with a villain with a flat as fuck personality and motivations with generic Marvel music. Also Heimdall segments that probably were the fucking most generic and boring parts of the movie.

Nailed it. The movie doesn't respect itself enough to let any scene be dramatic or poignant, or even just remotely somber.

Looks like I missed something.
Homecoming is supposed to be better then the amazing SP ones, but nowhere near as the Raimi ones.
I tough Civil War was seen as nothing more then medicore.
The last time I heard "the best Marvel to date" was about Doctor Strange and only in the visual department since the story is Iron Man retold.

Better special effects and a better villain make Homecoming a pretty okay-ish movie, but the actors, the script, the supporting characters, the fact that Spidey's suit is now quasi-Iron Man armor, the general arc of it all.. It's just not that good.

Civil War was a steaming turd that was a crude excuse to introduce Spidey and Black Panther. The whole fucking thing was a mess.

Will summarize this movie short: "What We Do in Asgard"

It was Winter Soldier that was particularly hyped as being totally different from the other Marvel movies. It wasn't.

People complained about how Whedon wrote Thor in Avengers but it was much better than this. So I see Asgard got destroyed and it doesn't matter and nobody cares. I mean in the audience.

Waiting to Netflix it. Heard it was typical Disney Marvel humour and that was enough to kill whatever little interest in it I may have had.

The Dark World started off pretty good with a more serious tone that implied it was going to go the epic fantasy route - which would have been pretty good for Thor - then Kat Dennings walked on-screen and the illusion was dropped. To know that they're doing the same garbage-tier faggotry for an event like fucking Ragnarok means it's probably trash.

I actually like how Mjolnir is explained to be something to help Thor channel his power, not the source of it. He himself IS the God of Thunder, the power SHOULD be in him without it. While Mjolnir has power of its own, it's separate, just a weapon with a living storm inside and a rule on who gets to use it.

Keeps Thor from being a title, which I think is part of the problem with the comics.

That a development that's only happened in the last two years. Learn what you're talking about before you fucking speak.

Natalie Portman to be Jane Foster THOR?

Natalie Portman wants nothing to do with the MCU anymore and its for the best. Fans did not like her character before.

And it IS part of the problem with the comics. What's your point?

When you are overshadowed by Kat Dennings and her lovely tumblr triggering juggs thats gonna happen.

wow i'm shocked. Considering the fact that after Infinity War they're going to lose most of their actors (RDJ is definitely gone, and i'd be surprised if Hemsworth and Evans stick around after) I was willing to bet money they were going to adapt Planet Hulk for the "phase 4" Marvel movies. I guess it's for the best since they would've butchered it anyway, most of what makes Planet Hulk so great is the insane amount of world building and attention to detail in all of the supplemental material Pak did.

They fucked up Hulk so hard that they had to just fudge over the plans for Planet Hulk and cram it into this movie. No way any hollywood exec would allow a movie entirely starring a bunch of wacky looking aliens and a big green retard, who eventually has a bunch of children and then they all die, only for Hulk to go back to Earth and wreck everything.

Hulk is also in a weird legal limbo too, apparently they're pretty restricted in how and when they can show him in films

No, the issue is that do to some weird legal bullshit. Marvel is allowed to use the Hulk character, but they aren't allowed to make a Hulk movie because Universal owns the only rights to distribute an actual Hulk movie. So they can have the Hulk in movies, but they can't actually make a Hulk MOVIE.

Don't know about Evans, but Hemsworth said either before or after the first Thor movie that he used to read the Thor comics when he was younger, and didn't had to think twice when they offered him the role.
Might've beenn just pr speak, but considering he is also one of the more famous "heroactors" by now, I'd be suprised if Marvel would let him off the hook without trying to match whatever he wants in order to keep playing the role.

He's also stated that he hates working out, though. If it were up to him he'd have a lot more flab on himself.

You sure about that?

He's stated in a few interviews that he keeps the physique because it's necessary for the Thor roles. If he didn't have to constantly be Thor, he'd be a lot less buff

Does it matter considering they’ll never be another Hulk standalone?

She herself was “overshadowed” by Stellan Skarsgård‘s nudist shenanigans

How much gear do I have to be on to get me some fat mushroom caps for shoulders?

Possibly, but that sounds like one of those "aren't I so relatable?" type comments celebs throw out to appeal to the retarded "how do I adult" reddit fags.

If only her body was in her Warbird outfit.

Probably for the best since they might fuck him up.

Team Thor: 2011 vs 2017

Is THOR going to lightning blast THANOS?

Didn't you just post this pair of images on Holla Forums?

Who's the WORST Thor villian?

Who ever the fucker that was in Thor 2 was. I don't remember anything about him, except that maybe his name started with an "M"

Hey Holla Forums

Hey Holla Forums