Hey Holla Forums, can you give some games that have well designed, interesting, and compelling Single Player campaigns?

Hey Holla Forums, can you give some games that have well designed, interesting, and compelling Single Player campaigns?

Only good shit. Any genre is fine

Alien Soldier.

Everyone will start posting their personal favorites in time so I'll just start with mine.

Castlevania *3*

This is probably going to be the only good post in this thread.

Where did you find that.

did you upload the wrong image?

meant to spoiler the 3, fucked it up. It happens.

Vietcong had a great campaign, and with the tense MP and awesome instant action mode I'm surprised it's not more widely remembered

No it's the only good story-focused Cold War game I ever found and Zombies was very good. Niggas here hate CoD but it's just mindless fun, only the new ones suck. Activision don't care anymore and the series is going downhill especially with sci-fi bullshit, the only downside is the pricing.

Forget about it.

Listen I played Black Ops 3, and the campaign was neither well design or had good writing.

not sure where you're getting it from, it was exactly the same as the other games

Judging the game on its own merits, Black Ops had a decent campaign. Never liked post CoD2 MP but the BO campaign warrants a pirate at least to fill an evening.

I haven't played BO1 in years so it'll probably be shit but there is a very big difference between being an American in Vietnam blowing up commies and nazis to uninspired sci-fi with worse DLC practice than EA. I also said the newer ones were shit as 8th gen onward especially with how they're locking CoD 4 behind a deluxe editon and doesn't even include the DLC maps.

there's tons of games with good single player, you're going to have to narrow it down to genre or something here

Does Holla Forums still do the Friday night lobbies we could set up UO or CoD 2, it doesn't seem like a disaster than Forgotten Hope 2 was.

doesn't waste your time. is easy to play and requires little grinding. also has the best twist in all of video games hands down but you have to play 1 first to get it.

naw dude go ahead, post your favorites
much easier

Posting good multiplayer.

that's the complete opposite topic of the thread user

well alright heres some stuff off the top of my head

I never played Sniper Elite 3 multiplayer but it looked fun if it's dead don't take my bet on it.

Who care not me.

Can you stop please?

Yes.

Instead of using a bait card point out to me why each of these are bad.

The ones that aren't about this thread.

I cannot recommend Dark Messiah highly enough. It is the textbook example of how to make a singleplayer game rewarding and well-designed.

Excellent taste.

Yeah but why is it bait are you implying they're bad or are you seriously implying they aren't single-player games.

They aren't good single player games, that's what this thread is for

Ghost Trick
Phantasy Star Online emulate that shit on GC, people are reselling that for way too much money
Sleeping Dogs
Crysis 1
Alan Wake
Bully
Lost Planet
Dead Rising 1
Saints Row 2

This makes me think about what other games could never be made in the current industry's cultural climate.

For the story alone?

A post-apocalyptic wasteland of men driving tanks and a man in search to rescue his wife in a society dominated by men after a diereses wipes out nearly all women and the few that survived are like precious resources that must be protected at all costs.

I somehow don't see that kind of story surviving in [current year]/

The game had a few token all-woman gangs and some gangs where women were treated like actual Queens.

I'd survive.

LISA wasn't afraid to hit that territory

this game makes my dick rock hard

Say what you want about the shitty plot, but mechanically, Starcraft 2 has the best single-player RTS campaign of all time

Every single mission has something new to toy with, and something new to play against, your tactics change from mission to mission and it breaks the curse of most RTS game missions being "build base, swarm enemy" SC2 maybe has one or two of those, but that's nothing compared to its mission number

And if that's not enough, a bunch of guys made SC1 in SC2, rebalancing around the new mechanics and adding small stuff of their own

What are you waiting for, pirate and play Starcraft II right now

>First major boss fight comes up against the orc warlord
That fight took forever, but finally beating his ass felt great. 10/10 comfy swords and sorcery game so far.
Also, what is the deal with the demon transformation ? It seems very underpowered.

i'm inclined to agree, but xana i a sweetheart so keep it

Toaster vidya all up in this thread

Jesus fucking Christ, off yourself.

Arx Fatalis. Medieval fantasy set in a world where everyone lives in huge underground caverns because the surface of the world is an inhospitable frozen wasteland. It's got elements of mystery, horror, and lots of good puzzles. The magic system is iffy, but completely unique.

YOU DANCE CLOSE TO THE FIRE, DON'T YOU?