Are Video Games RUINING Gaming?

Wow

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xm5myQWcJxc
youtube.com/watch?v=pKJxUQ7EGaM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Webm?

No, shitty companies are. I posted this a few days ago

Seriously, you think they'd be happy to have a returning player with money. But no. As cancerous as Blizzard is, they'd welcome me.

WebM, I ain't clicking that.

I can smell the nu-male cuck narrator and I haven't even clicked the video.

WebM where.

Games are inanimate objects. Space on a hard drive. HOW CAN THEY RUIN ANYTHING!?

APATHY AND PEOPLE WITH POLITICAL AGENDAS TO PUSH ARE RUINING GAMES

If by "Games ruining gaming" they mean "A bunch of assholes that don't care about video games are making games that ruin gaming"
Then sure. Also, look at that tabloid-tier yellow text. I ain't clicking that shit, WEBM or GTFO

???????????????????????????

the reason they don't want to recover your account is because 9 times out of 10 League players are so addicted they'd seriously consider just making a new account and buying all their stuff back.

What's wrong with you, Max?

Yes MOVIE GAMES are ruining games from being gameplay

Westerns Devs try to make Muh epic cinematic experience instead of focusing more on subtle story in that should be littered while traversing a town/valley to make the player put the pieces together to form their own story

They're still games even though they're shit. If people can just call whatever game they release something else but lump it in with actual games, there won't be any standard to go by.

It opens up the flood gates for indie garbage and "interactive experiences" to be taken seriously as art which is retarded.

Games can never be art.

I ain't giving the nigger a view and if no WebM, then someone sum up the video.

webm please

Nut up, chug some painkillers, and learn to read and write proper reviews. You're a big guy.

I made it 3 minutes in before I had to turn it off

I summarize the good bits so someone else doesn't have to give this person views

I turned it off there. I wish I could murder people through the internet. I cannot, so I will instead settle for laughing at them with smug chinese cartoons.

Hearinig that, then remembering a no death run of contra on youtube makes me laugh.

I'm on it fams.

how can one be this much of a faggot?

I watched the video, I think his basic point was that the attempt to lessen fail states through closer checkpoints or some sort of respawn system removed too much of the risk of a classic game making it less fun.

where is the webm, OP?

Who uploaded this shit? Give me the name!

A channel called wisecrack or something

Are Singles RUINING Repeating Digits?

The video chastises the type of modern design that removes any sort of expectations or challenges that would be presented to the player for the sake of mastery and replaces them with "press X to win" type bullshit. The video talks about how Far Cry 2 was challenging, and 3 and 4 removed elements that casuals thought were too frustrating, which served to dilute the Far Cry experience on the whole. This is a good video. Knee jerk reactions are fucking stupid.

it doesnt help when they use a clickbaity as fuck title/thumbnail

fair point, the video title could have gone without the click bait.

The fact that OP directly linked to youtube proves he is infact a shill.

I totally forgot that I was doing this. I finished encoding part 1 40 minutes ago.

I don't clame to know that guy
I am that guy

Part 2

I even sub to a youtuber who has entire video on beating contra without dieing.

More like part 2 late

I already started, nigga; I might as well finish.

Part 3

I can beat contra too scrub, but for my life I can´t beat GnG

I guess a broken clock is right twice a day, for how shit his taste it.

Part 4

Part 5 and final.

GnG is a fucking nightmare to try to beat, but at least the music is catchy as fuck. I never ended up getting through the last stage.

what

I managed to do that recently. Lost all of my lives (including all the extends you get) but didn't continue. Was shitting brix during the final boss because one more mistake would mean the whole run was meaningless. What a fantastic fucking feel, modern games completely and totally fail to give me that sort of rush.

Is this like some super casual?

Of course he is right. All his ideas are pilfered from other, less shit videos.

youtube.com/watch?v=Xm5myQWcJxc

youtube.com/watch?v=pKJxUQ7EGaM

Also I think super bunny hop did a video about this too. Not going to check.

cut scenes are a crutch, they will be seen as we see text showing up on silent films in the future.

Most devs don't know how to make you feel a sad or happy with just the use of gameplay , so they copy EVERYTHING they see in movies.

So if I got this straight. Faggot youtuber doubts it was humanly impossible to gitgud. So fail states should no longer exist cause it gets in the way of vidya.

Does this idiot have any idea what a game is in general? Like did he even have any fucking friends to play hide and seek or tag?

doing gods work user

they can fuck right the fuck off.

Is clickbait ruining adsense?

He talks about the evolution of fail states and how they relate to the real world circumstances of the player. He also talks about how walking simulators are not really games for lacking fail states and how AAA games that give no penalty for dying are just fucking boring for offering no punishment upon failure.
I honestly thought it would be a lot worse but, as usual, OP is a faggot.

Literally a
argument.
Goes on
But
Mother fucker then flip flops a bunch before praising Gone Homo.
At the end he shills for Extra Credits.

Can we make this shit worth a ban yet? Ive rarely seen people link to a mirror or just a small channel, its always links to people who try to make youtube bux

Wasn't aware I can't type a dot com

wew lad

Hey OP, if you're gonna rip off a guy at least rip off the length of the video so I don't have to divide up the WebM

Jesus Christ that compression

I haven't played a AAA game since I was a 11 for a reason. Absolute garbage.

Companies and casuals.

God bless you, user. I was debating clicking on it but decided not to, but my curiosity was left unsated. But I see your post and now I know all I need to know

A retarded question like that sounds a lot like critical theory to me. I ain't clicking that shit and wasting time to know I'm right about that.

Its pretty obvious that he has a bias against difficult games that actually challenge the player

Never has the words "git gud" been more applicable.

Use VP9, nigga.

Seriously, either use VP9 or (if you're exporting a .mp4) H.264. I'd say H.265, but Holla Forums doesn't accept it for some reason.
They're much much higher-quality than VP8.

So how would you do it… trough gameplay?

Ey user, you didn't see the other things he said.

stopped watching there

If anyone's wondering but didn't want to click the video

Ahhh, the media. Blaming literally everything but themselves for the state of things.

Mark has to start banning shit like this

This is disappointing because it brings up an actually valid point that isn't being discussed.
What makes games great isn't a sum of what other games have done. Describing your game as "Skyrim with guns" or whatever is a huge problem today.
Games should be based on real life experiences and fantasies of, well, gameplay. Explored the woods as a kid? Make a game about a child exploring the wild to save the princess. Watched too many spy movies growing up? Make a game about a secret agent sabotaging a nation's ultimate secret weapon.
If there really are no more original ideas that can be explored, then maybe gaming is dead.

they did you a favor by banning you

Report the threads, the hotpockets usually remove the embed.

It isn't even fucking hard, if you aren't retarded or 8 years old.

Is that the imbecile that made a video about how Dark Souls is about wanting to fuck your mother?

I haven't seen anyone so wrong and pretentious about it at the same time. All while over analyzing fucking video games of all things.

Why people like this even exist?

Why do they shill their fucking videos everywhere, if I would go back to cuckchan, I'll be seeing the same shitty video somehow, fuck off shill.

Clickbait video title, but the guy is talking about the casualization of games by making checkpoints and respawn systems in games more and more forgiving. Minus points for mentioning Gone Homo, though.

Complete clickbait title
Non offensive content.
Wafty talk about a subject we already understand.
Yes casual games are not as satisfying as hardcore games HOLY SHIT HOW DID YOU COME UP WITH THAT ONE

Both exist for a reason. Casual games are fun time killers.
Hardcore games are actual investment. into a game.

This is why i can enjoy something dumb like stardew valley and something actually investing like Brutal Doom.

What is unnaceptable is when you try to make the hardcore games casual. When i play doom i expect a fucking challenge. If i am greeted with babbys first demon invasion I will be upset.

If you market your game as hard and it's not fucking hard I will be upset.

There are endless ideas that have not been explored. Most publishers only want that dollar bill though

Maybe he meant Lethal League.

bitch please
just beating the game is easy and takes like 15 minutes, especially the first one

It's not easy when the most difficult game you've ever played was Gone Home

If you git gud, you'll never get a girlfriend like the girl you posted

Are you stalking her? Trade some of them vidya skills for social skills, my man

Also, you clearly are projecting your lack of friends. If you actually are priding yourself on game skills, you probably have no friends. It's okay man, you'll be an unlikable cunt with or without your hatred of scrubs. May I recommend becoming a bottom in the BDSM community?