IMPORTANT site status update: Hotwheels has been demoted

Checked the catalog, didn't see a thread.

Codemonkey (Jim's son) continues to fix up Holla Forums as much as he can in his spare time, but the current Holla Forums thread for giving him feedback has revealed that Hotwheels has been demoted to "tech consultant" and he will no longer be posting on Holla Forums in an official capacity.

I don't know if that makes Codemonkey our new admin or not, but he might as well be at this point with how active he is.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osteogenesis_imperfecta
anonymous-japan.org/fake2ch/
archive.is/76RXn
twitter.com/infinitechan/status/730640761549545472
8ch.net/whore.txt
poal.me/kgvi0i
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Eh, Codemonkey is better anyway.

I'm more concerned about that tiw guy that's been rangebanning people for no clear reason. I expected Hotwheels to ragequit at some point, honestly.

You didn't include a link, OP. Just realized.
>>>Holla Forums592097

is firetires OK?

He refuses to post on Holla Forums, anymore. Nobody knows why.

Ripple cripple

He can go fuck himself, who cares.

holy fug
hotwheels was ours
sure he was far from perfect, but he was our cripplemaster
what will happen to him?

Can't say I disagree at this point. We had some good times with HW though.

I didn't really want to. I figured non-retards can find the thread themselves.

Read the OP screencap. He doesn't post because he's been demoted. Also previous threads show that he may or may not have been in the hospital with a broken leg recently, and he's on pain meds.

Press F to pay respects

F

As an admin, he's kept to his word on upholding freedom of speech and pulled through for the difficulties regarding domain and hosting. As a developer he's failed to improve the condition of the site in a timely matter.

I still have some respect for him. On the otherhand, I have no idea what would Codemonkey do in a situation similar to GamerGate at its peak.

Ask for help to the widows son.

Not yet.

Codemonkey isn't the admin. As far as I know, we don't have an official admin. Who is in charge of the global vols at this point?

if there is nobody capable
I CLAIM THIS PLACE FOR MYSELF

I think Jim's our global admin, I think?
I trust Jim since 2ch's doing fine.

Maybe that's why he's been demoted. Maybe he knows his time is coming soon, and he's trying to tidy everything up before he passes so everything isn't in complete shambles when he does.

As an admin, he failed to keep his website functional, to the point lots of users left for good. I understand the part about upholding freedom of speech, but what is it good for if the free-speech website does not even work?

I don't think that Jim would bother doing something like that. He's an old man.

People with Brittle Bone Disease live basically normal life spans. His mother has it and it still around.

His spine is collapsing and he's in extreme pain though.

Circumventing a succession crisis is never a bad thing.

Glad he got through it without fucking the site to the point of no return.

Hotwheels' overall score: Good boy dindu nuffin wrong

So Jims son is working on the site nonstop now? Doesnt jim have coders on 2chan to help him or is Holla Forums like his sons petproject now?

This is creepily similar to the movie where they dress there friends corpse up with shades to make him seem alive and party with him. Fuck he never even says anything.

There's no way Rubber Rider is still kicking. Metaphorically anyway.

Codemonkey / Ron is a 2ch engineer.
Considering 2ch is one of the most visited websites in the world, he knows very well how to handle this.

You mean Weekend at Bernie's?

In between school and work and stuff. May is a bad month for his schedule, says he only has a couple hours per day to spare on Holla Forums.

Codemonkey told Jim about Holla Forums back when Lizard Squad was DDOSing this site into oblivion, so he saved us once and is saving us again it seems.

Honestly?

THANK GOD

Hotwheels burned out and fucked off to do who knows what probably develop his meme-tastic emoticon language. We need someone who's willing to devote time to fixing the mess that is 8ch.

A-are you sure he is alive?
I mean, I can see his body there, but… There's something off…

Well if he's stepping away completely and being a consultant for whoever is taking over I hope it is codemonkey since he's been in maximum overdrive power to him I guess. He started out fine then has withdrawn more and more but the site has always found a way to stay up even when it has its errors.

Fare well little guy

He was busy dicking ladyboys on what i heard.

NOPE

speedracer…. noooo

Okay, gotcha. So were his problem right now. I wonder if he'll end up as the fulltime administrator for it in the end.

That's the one. A lot of cartoons like futurama have copied the premise too. Its a good movie too.

There are like 4 times of BBD. At least 2 of them have very short life spans as part of their diagnosis.

To tell ya the truth, it's probably for the best for the poor bastard.
Hope he shitposts here more

Will 2ch. still allow us to say whatever we want?
Is there any history of 2ch.(post Hiroyuki) censoring people?
Is there any history of Hotwheels conflicting with 2ch. over what the users are allowed to say?
Will any changes be made to the site? If so, what?
Does this mean Hotwheels will move somewhere else?

I sure hope he becomes admin. He's responsive and professional. At least thus far. However, I've seen him interact with anons on 2ch. He's well-liked even there.

8+ types according to wiki.

Hotwheels thinks he is either type III or IV if I recall correctly.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osteogenesis_imperfecta

We've been owned by 2ch for a while now. If shit was going to change it would've already

goddammit no, not again, 4chan is repeating itself.

I doubt there would be any censoring. Jim probably would have done it by now if that was the case. He wants this site to eventually make money (who the fuck knows how) but censoring us would be a one way ticket to purging the user base permanently.

This is totally a good sign.
Yup.

Don't worry, Hotwheels is not ever going to be cucked, he has to find a girlfriend for that

Its no longer moot vs. Hotweels.

Its Hiroyuki vs. Jim now.

He already had one. He lost his virginity and thus was kicked out from being the admin of Wizardchan because of it.

Ride on you glorious micromachine.

Retire in peace Hotwheels, hope you'll stick around and this place can get fixed, it's your legacy to us anonymous faggots.

Jim's gotta keep his façade goin' no matter what, after all we are just some small fries for them that really mean no real threat (im talking about the deep politics boards mostly).

aren't you reading? if whats posted here is true, that means hotwheelz is no longer the head of Holla Forums and some faggot we don't even know is leading the site.

how much longer until this new jew realizes the site isn't making him any shekels and drops it to the closest SJW piece of shit?

Holla Forums will become a bad parody of 4chan, why must everything i like turn to shit

I think he lost his virginity to a hooker user, not an actual girlfriend, I remember the pics where he hanged around with a chubby grill, but I don't recall if she was his girlfriend or not.

Are you fucking retarded? Why do you think we're even posting right now? Codemonkey was the one trying to fix the website.

Holla Forums is in the death spiral nonetheless. Holla Forums is the cancer choking out every other board and the likelihood of anons who left because of the sorry state of the site coming back from wherever they immigrated to is low. A new admin and some half assed fixes are not going to change the slow drain of population.

It was his girlfriend, and the self-destruction of their relationship even has a static page of this site devoted to explaining what went down.

I don't remember the exact URL, but I think it's called "whore.php"

HOTWHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELS

Those of us who aren't newfags know him.

Try reading the thread.

I do like how he gets results.

IIRC he likes astroturfing and selling info. But Hiroyuki straight up sold user info a while ago, so thats a worse option.

Didnt his maid fuck someone in front of him or something? Unless im misremembering, this shit was talked about like 2 years ago.

Y'know I see you fucks complain about Holla Forums more than I actually see Holla Forums.

Only Holla Forums complains about Holla Forums. So fuck off.

Hiroshima vs Jimbo.

anonymous-japan.org/fake2ch/

For what we know, the wheel man isn't totally gone, so I don't believe this place is going to shit. I meant not just yet at least, not until he actually fully lose his involvement with the site, but even then if that happens I doubt he will let any other fag that doesn't upholds his pure ideals in his place.

fuck off nigger, I hope you get gassed

Wow, I would like to read abou this if anybody has the link

This makes me want to post here much less.
I don't really trust Jim. Codemonkey seems like a cool guy, but he's not the admin. Maybe I'll just fuck off to IRC or something.

Should be a fun throwdown to watch. Cant wait. Gonna be like old time Pay per view.

You were good son
Real good
Maybe even the best
A year of crippled webspace won't let me forget you thrashing the chu chu train with no survivors
They ran from a man that couldn't walk

I haven't been to tech or well, any board outside v. I don't know who codemonkey is or how he interacts with the site users. I just hope whoever replaces HotWheels holds up to what he managed to do. Even as a cripple he did, mostly, a good job as an admin to a very troubled site

Go away, C&D shill

Nigger don't even try to play games with me. Holla Forums has had plenty of threads talking about subverting other boards and they always get buttmad when they are told to fuck off.

You are just buzzwording my ass, when did i shill for C&D?

Keep the site alive
for him

Fuck. Off.

He is a cool guy, but I agree with you when doubting if he could take the heat as well as InfernoWheels did, it's really not an easy task. I guess we will see with time, if he is actually the new admin that is.

Because he's moved on the endchan.

Nice try.

That'd be fucking hilarious if true.

I'm scared, onii-fams.

He has gone on record stating he has had sex in the past. But apparently it requires a lot of precautions so whoever he fucks doesn't destroy HW's entire skeleton in the process.
Probably it happens in a similar fashion of that one japanese nurse that "abused" a disabled person but was just servicing him as part of her job

He bought an alt domain for it a couple of months ago.
Take what you will from that.

Why are you using the browser to post from your phone?

why does she have the perfect body

Post more feet.

The very principles of Holla Forums are solid, even though currently the code is not in its best shape.

Here, you can post through VPNs. Even if the new admin wanted to sell your info, using a VPN would simply counter that plan.

If, however, that very important detail changes, then you should worry. Also, you should worry if they try to change board owners to put their people in.

It's alright lil guy, i'll hold ya hand.

Wasnt that debunked?

I hope to see Hotwheels posting here and on /a/.

He will always be my favorite cripple. Man stuck to his ideals like a rock, even as it dragged him down. May he get some good rest from all the shit he's had to put up with and I hope Codemonkey's got half as good a head on his shoulders.

What was debunked was the idea that buying an alt domain gave anyone global vol status.

Get a backbone, Mark

Wait what? Better give me a source nigger, I wanna have a laugh.

How new are you?

Yeah, Holla Forums is fucking annoying. It feels like half of the threads these days aren't even about videogames.

Yeah fucking right. I opened the top thread just to check and the seventh post is a picture of Hitler.

this was HIS site dammit, he can't be on a secondary role.

Are you 12? Did you got lost in your wait to reddit? Let me give you a hand
>>>/reddit/

You do realize there is a major election going on, right?

Calm your shit. Holla Forums will be less active once the American election is over.

But he is weak and tired doofus.

That doesnt answer my question but i'll just pretend it did then.

Wait, so Holla Forums has exclusive rights to hitler? Does /a/ have exclusive rights to anime pics now too?

This codemonkey seems to be a cool guy but I'm a bit sad cripple kun is not our admin anymore.

nice duckling dubs mate

Are you shitting me?

I don't even browse Holla Forums. Honestly, I don't care much about it either. But here's a flag just for you.

Odilitime made a huge thing about HW buying an alt domain. He was even the one that started the rumor that it would make HW a co-owner. The only definitive answer we got out of all of that was that buying an alt domain doesn't give you global vol status over there.
You now know as much as I know, and I was there when all that went down.

See ya, space cowboy.

There was no words just a picture of hitler. You don't see the problem with this on a videogame board? I'm sure if people just randomly posted pictures of Kirino you wouldn't like it either.

What do Karen's farts smell like?

also, reminder that Kirino won the oreo, stay salty kuronekofags

It's not a problem.

You're the problem for whining about like a little cucked faggot. Get out or get used to it you nigger.

Like shit

I am actually a girl.

Goddamn you are a pathetic newfag. If random photos of shit upset you that much, particularly when you have filtering tools at your disposal, then you need to eat shit, die, and fuck off already.

Your virgin eyes could never handle Lanced Jack.

adolf was a good guy he dindu nuffin

shut up 30yo man

If this was during the time when everything was seriously going to shit and endchan were shilling their site nonstop with the black and white endchan pics, then I could see him buying it as a prank, like he did with redchan.it a while back, when we were first getting cock.li emails.

Not really. I post different kinds of pics all the time. Do you really want people to stop posting pictures that offend you? Cause thats pretty weak bud.

Ew.

You are a mutilated man with mental problems.

Whatever you say, little guy.

Word more false than these have never been written.

tits or gtfo

The point was you can pretty much open any thread and it will be infested with Holla Forums fags trying to derail it with their shit posting.

Didn't he tell everybody this months ago?
I remember him saying he wasn't the sites admin awhile ago.

Who?

Eh, since this is a meta thread anyway.
HE DID IT, THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN
archive.is/76RXn

Holy fuck, you fucking nigger, there's a (hide) button right next to the picture.

One wordless photo of Hitler does not a derail make.

UNLESS YOU FORCE IT TO BE ONE, because you are a triggered Holla Forums Redditor.

I will take Holla Forums over you whiny bitches any day of the week.

This handsome devil

I fucking love this man.

He would passive-aggressively >imply that Holla Forums was no longer his site. That's it.

I'm glad nobody listen to people like you here, go to cuckchan or reddit, I'm sure your ideas will be much well received there.

Then what's the fucking need for this thread?

That's the thing, he would passive-aggressively do anything.

God damn.

I like hotwheels and all but he hasnt really been doing much at all with the site since before he took on pig farm

its not like him stepping away will change anything

Because being passive agressive on Twitter while your site's code burns like Canada doesn't actually make anything official.

TODAY it was official. Hotwheels is no longer admin.

You are such a lying little faggot.

And even if there is one remotely Holla Forums esque post, you know who makes it worse? You do, thanks to your endless bitching about how triggered you are, and then the thread is totally derailed because everyone is arguing about what a triggered cuck you are, like right now.

HOL UP HOL UP
SO YOU BE SAYIN
*smacks lips*
YOU BE SAYIN
*robs KFC*
THAT WE WUZ
*is in jail*
WE WUZ
*white wyminz*
HEETLAHRZ AND SHIEET? 😤😤😤😂😂😂

They straight up made that dude 1488 didn't they? He was a pretty liberal guy before this happened from what I remember about the case.

He allowed us complete and absolute freedom here, which is the biggest reason why most of us are here. This is what everyone fear that could change.

What's the chance of Codemonkey becoming the next target like HW was?

Yeah, pardon me. This is such great videogame discussion. With each ID only having one post. Why don't you faggots just go jerk off somewhere else?

Oh, that will happen for sure.

HOLY SHIT, I CAN'T EVEN POST ON Holla Forums ANYMORE WITH ALL THESE TRIGGERING POSTS! ALL THREE OF THEM IN A THREAD IN A BOARD WITH OVER 9 GORILLION OF THEM! WHATEVER SHALL I DO!

OY VEY

Why don't YOU go jerk off somewhere else?
Holy.
Fucking.
Shit.

Shit like that makes you wake up.
Although it doesn't look like he hates black or he is a white supremacist, it's more like a guy that don't like what happened to him and wish no one goes through the same thing.

God that trail was so fun, especially after the verdict and seeing the NO JUSTICE NO PEACE faggot protest livestreams.

One of the last great times on cuckchan.

This is pathetic

Update FAQ and remove cripple.

#triggered
I just can't literally even right now.

To be fair, this thread was linked in Holla Forums

But you posting about how triggered you are doesn't help you know

Come again? Did I miss something with (Current Year) man?

Your bait doesnt even make sense. The people you linked to have more than one post lol. You're lucky so many anons are so easily angered cause this is pretty weak bait.

Well we need to find a way to make hatechan great again, with cripple or not, prevail is a must, I rather become a trans than going back to halfchan.

Wait, these D of J motherfuckers wanted to KILL a GUN?

WHAT

WHY

How could, how does that

With that logic, anybody posting a pic that's not 100% pertinent to the thread would be forbidden.
Posting Hitler is not wrong, on Holla Forums, Holla Forums, or anywhere, and this being one of the few sites where you can honestly and openly say that
Hitler did nothing wrong
It's logical that he will be posted a lot.

u salty nigga 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂👳✈🏬🏬

Holla Forums has masterbaiters the likes of which the internet have never seen before.

I thought this thread was about fixing the site?

He does look better in that picture than in well, almost any other

Long after the complaints about Holla Forums in this thread started.

fucking 1/4 of Canada is ON FIRE

Google "Canada fire." 80,000 people evacuated.

Man checking dubs and posting reaction images. How will Holla Forums survive this holocaust? Cry more bitch nigger. Here's a Hitler just for you.

I love how you ignore posts that specifically point out what a fuckhead you are

y-you too

Who refers to someone by shortening their first name?

GUNS ARE EVIL AND KILL PEOPLE

IT'S ONLY LOGICAL THE GOOD PEOPLE OF THE GOVERNMENT WANTS TO KILL THEM!!!

I got here from Holla Forums just after this post actually

Eaten by pigs.

Josh warned us. We didn't listen. Why didn't we listen.

so the ride will finally end we will be free?

Holy shit. Thanks for the spoonfeed anons.
Guess I got something new to read about.

What is this halfchan garbage?

well, yeah, you kill him in a lot of games.

Pic related.
They probably wanted to use The Dip.

Japanese people and weebos.

Where do you think the majority of the people complaining about him come from? It's about destabilizing Holla Forums. Make the BO the enemy and you distance him from the community.

Their attempts at subterfuge are hilarious tho. Always good for a giggle.

I can't remember why the mp4 was downloaded into my folder without sound. It has nothing to do with the webm convertion process

Fuck off kike.

I know what you did. Maybe you used WebM for Retards and forgot to check the Enable Audio box?

And so the derailment has started.
Even without being labeled as /meta/ on this thread, the stench of asperger autists will spread everywhere where an interesting topic starts.
It's been over a year since the cancer started and yet still, those few remaining people are still posting like some locust. You have to have a no life to be this obsessed and desperate. The other option is getting payed to do this.

Jesus christ, it's like instead of wanting retribution on someone who killed your friend, you want to break their weapon instead

how the fuck does that translate?

Do they want to destroy a potential historical object? You could literally just put up any other 9mm pistol of that model up in that case.

What, do pistols get possessed by the spirits of the damned if they kill enough?

What the fuck is this, fucking Soulcalibur? Is Zimmerman's gun fucking Soul Edge?

Did we fucking meme Soul Edge as a reality law into fucking existence by fucking accident or some shit?

The PM of Canada had a lovely time talking about Feminism on Snapchat and the national news while his country burned.

To be fair, the discussion can only go so far. The more important part is just spreading the initial information.

Communication (lack thereof) is part of what hurts this place.

Again, the original video was downloaded without audio. I can't remember why, this was like a year or more ago.

The video was posted by Mark himself on jewtube. Or at least retweeted by him. Fuck off.

Citation required goon.

This was obviously a /meta/ thread, user.
If you want to discuss it, go to Holla Forums, and stop being a faggot.

It's just downright retarded and the fact the the fucking government wanted to do this is undeniable proof that reality has somehow become a bad parody of itself.

They wanted to kill a gun

KILL A GUN

You're pretty good

Come on, we all know mark is huge fag, but we wouldn't really want him gone. Yes, he messes up from time to time and it's inmensively autistic, but he does his work well enough for us to have total freedom yet not devolve into full chaos.

COPYPASTE IS NOT COPYPASTE WHAT IS HAPPENING

HW tweeted this.

Beat me to it.

OK, what the fuck is going on here?

a friend posted the video, I don't remember if I posted about it on twitter or not.

wait, what?

Since the thread was derailed by bitching about Holla Forums, I decided to go check it out for the first time in months and what this what I see on the first thread. Apparently the hot new strategy to fight Trump is declaring yourself a cuck. You can't make this shit up.

THE WHAT

uhh

Interesting.

I'm guessing that wasn't HW on tech then? What the shit is happening

I have several questions

2007, the nuke of ideas.

The plot thickens..

Smells like bait

The shitposting is not that different from how it was when we first came here, the main problem lies in lack of users so its a lot more evident, before it just got drowned out.

Now since almost no threads hit their stride or reach the post limit its noticeable, you add the actual wanting to kill the site to that, the people using any excuse to shitpost, mis-using dubs, the template meme I see popping up, the stupid rollan shit and yea, things are going to go shit in a hurry.

Not much can be done unless we get more people here.

Oh I know. Its just affectionate bullying most of the time. Doesn't change there are people who try to drive rifts in the community tho.

Well things just spiced up here. But if its just the three of them what could Codemonkeys actions mean? Especially if hotwheels is dead.

Damnit mark, stop ruining my fun. I had him about to sperg out.
If you're really mark

Hotwheels used his trip on /tech.
You can't just get that from mod.php

Also I think that tweet is about the mass deletions on /operate/, apparently autists are sperging out on there blaming hotwheels himself.

I assume that means Jim was the one throwing a tantrum on /operate/ and Holla Forums.

There is a whole sticky about it. Looks legit from what I can tell. Holla Forums loves their fucking stickies apparently. They have like 5 of the fuckers up.

Oh, that makes more sense..

But the site is good like it is, I mean, there just can't be no shitposting in an anonimous community, as long as we get all of the tech things sorted out we can go like this.

I agree, but I don't think there are conspirators or anything like that though, I'm sure there's just people fishing for lulz as good as they can. I mean, whenever they are goons you can absolutely tell at first sight.

Shills constantly try to slide important threads off the board. Stickies make important threads impossible for them to remove. It's a good thing.

Holla Forums is much more community driven, pretty much everyone participates on every thread, so having a shitload of stickies is a given.

*small guy

They already deleted the tweet, but google still has it cached.

Link to that post:

>>>/operate/49123

i dont like this

Salute out glorious midget overlord, Hotwheels.
Protector of the free internet.
Patron of an0ns.

RIP HOTWHEELS ;_;7

I-is this it?
New admin?

Why did HW exactly step down?

Because he failed in almost every aspect

nunu is the person that Hotwheels gave control ov /operate/ to.

Not admin, not GVol, just another board owner.

Oh shit, so its officially official.

You seem new. Hotwheels is probably dead. There was no stepping down of anything.

Can't you read the thread, Nanako-chan? He just wasn't up to it anymore. Codemonkey has been doing most of the work for the past few weeks, which is why the website is functional at all.

this

i get the feeling that these new admins had an op's going on just to destruct hw will. The hostil take over already happend and i remember how 'they' said they would never demote hw. i think it was a video where they imply it would be tinfoiled to think that.

I don't really blame him. I wouldn't want to deal with all of the shit running this place entails. Having impossible to please autists screaming at you all day and constant attacks from SJW's must be stressful as all fuck.

What does this mean for us, Holla Forums?

/int*/ won boys, they actually killed hotwheels

It means we pray that Codemonkey is the hero we need.

So far he fits the bill.

I think the other reason is also of HW holding the responsibility of ever hiring Josh who fucked everything up. And worst part is commercializing the Infinity board, wasted money to an amateur for nothing

And then add his constant risk of shattering bones and spine collapsing into a giant ball of pure pain.

Think just recently hotwheels broke a leg.

Hotwheels took that shit pretty hard from what I've heard, he completely backed Next and had it all come tumbling down, including their friendship.

I complain about both. Fuck off yourself.

We keep going, like we always have, broken website and all. Hopefully, everything will be fixed soon.

Honestly, there was no one else to pick, but Hotwheel's rant about "Holla Forums is a meritocracy" is an embarrassing mark for this site's history to say the least. Josh had little to no merit.

Well, there was that whole shitshow too.

SA was HW all along

stop namefagging you fat jew

o-ok

Hope he finds the blue sky then, good luck with future endeavors and what not.

time to visit 8ch.pl

you really are a fag that can't do anything right, aren't you mark?

So what is copypaste going to do for a living now?

Of course. Here come the shilling little niggers. Like clockwork.

You don't have to listen to faggots, Mark.

Copypaste wasn't real, it was you all along.

he works for racequeen(jims company) now

Doesn't he get cripplemoney on whatever chinaland he is living on now? Otherwise I guess he still gets money from Holla Forums somehow.

Probably contract work for 2ch.

this

Well either way, I'm here if you need me.

Here's the list of what it needs to be fixed:

* 8archive.moe
* automatic gif. play
* board owners able to activate music for the entire board

* posted replies (currently mine wont show it until I manually refresh the page)

Anything else?

honestly, this should only be for special occasions. and even the it should be an embed so people can turn it off.

Viewing bans
Editing banners
Claims are not being responded to

Wow it's like you want to drive in the final nail to the Holla Forums coffin.

I doubt auto gif will ever come back. Takes too long for the server to generate the resized animated thumbnail.

I always disabled that feature anyway.

That was never a feature. Only Hotwheels could do that.

You can actually turn it on with custom settings, some boards here have it.

Is that you, my fellow Spergout 4 shitposter?

So then during the "Harmony" on Holla Forums it was HW who activated the music?

So, there's this one thing I want. Bear with me.

You know the (!) in the tab when there are new replies? What if the (!) is white when there are new replies in general and a red (!) when you personally get a reply?

Yes, and both times he hated doing it.

that is true, I just hope codemonkey will allow me to play a certain song for 30 minutes RIGHT before E3

I think that's auto-opening images, not the same as the server spending cycles to make a new gif in thumbnail size.

Tell me what do you need it for that you can't do with archive.is

by Mark's request, yes
otherwise you can't do that for security reasons, don't want board owners to embed malicious shit

Yes.

That didn't seem to be the case to me. He even made a cheery tweet last time about his new dog "helping" him turn it on.

dummy

You can't actually click on backlinks and shit in an archive.is

That's the only thing that I'd need for archive.is versions of a page to be perfect.

Also, archive.is is manual instead of automatic.

Actually think it's only for OPs now, not sure.

I never said what song

You should ban him for 15 mins imo mark.

The only good thing in that post was the page refreshing reliably which alacrity was meant to fix.

No
I did shitpost a lot during the saltening tho, reddits rage was delicious

That has been pitched to Codemonkey. I think he said he can't do it because he doesn't have the know-how to get it done, but would ask Hotwheels to look into it.

Remember that time when we put pic related on R34 and this happened?

REMINDER

If/when he gets burned out and we end up with a new BO who doesn't share his autistic passion for imageboards and vidya, you'll miss that fat kike. Or maybe you won't. Maybe you're a d&c shill that wants to destroy the community. I don't know.

What I do know is that since post quality reached cuckchan parity, the only thing we have is "better" board software and slightly better hotpockets. If we lose that, I'll probably just be done with imageboards altogether. I don't think this community can take another split.

Just autoplay gifs small enough to be their own thumbnail.

Welp, wrong image on the second one.

To find and read old threads.
You can't find it with archive.is without knowing the specific address (post number) unless you have saved it into a file or bookmarked the archive.
For example, can you give me mighty no. 9 threads?

He was going to go out soon, but not like this. There is no honor in a man being forced to step down nothing but regret for him after this step

Imageboards are a dying concept. Once this last wave of holdouts die out then the only game in town will be the Big Two. Unless you want to go digging into onion boards.

Is it possible to make links work regardless of where a page is hosted? That would fix both third party archives and ctrl+s saving.
Why do you need the archive to be automatic? If something is worth saving, someone will do it.

Where are you going?

Honestly I don't want the average user of this board to drag their cancer into the other board I use. You can find it if you look.

Hahaha, oh those were fun times.
We should really do more raids for new releases.

Yeah it's probably endchan.

Didn't HW bought Endchan for measly $2 ?

I'd totally do it, but then I'd have to be reminded about all the plebs that play videogames that didn't finish.Like when I made 4chan cry by spoiling undertale's endings (all of them) 15 minutes after it released.

I would go back to IRC before using Endchan.

an alt domain
there's like three alts, he owns one

No idea.

Best I can figure is when something important is posted and then gets hotpocketed. Beyond that you have a good point.

Doing gods work user. Well done!

I had been playing with the idea of creating a new generation of image boards. It would be decentralized yet still connected. The idea being much like this yet every board creator also took care of the hosting.
The big idea was to create a mass of nodes that would soon share data and thus nothing could really be pinned down to a single owner. Should one go down it doesn't take the whole site and for legal liability reasons if illegal shit was on a board it would fall to the owner of that board.
That part was inspired by the CP fuss a few years ago and there is still a problem with it. Old rotting boards and even low traffic ones getting spammed with that shit here. Could shit the whole thing down.

Unfortunately I haven't worked out a way to keep it completely decentralized while also still having just a central spot. In the end, someone will have to own the main domain all these would plug into.

gay

thanks

God's work sucks by the time they got to the second area I had already finished the entire game.
Fucking plebians

Hello ideasguy #13548546541351

(((THEY))) got him

at least he doesn't work for google now or is Anthony Burch

Your best doing it similar to a regular game server browser. At least then you will only have to worry about keeping the master server up.

That's a pain in the ass for most people though.

The main problem with the decentralized imageboard idea is probably CP spam being distributed through the whole thing and becoming difficult to remove completely.

Centralized reporting?

Be a good casual filter though.

Even that can be a problem.

Public release of the master server software would help make sure that someone can keep hosting should it go down.

that second image

Sometime i think that deadmau5 is the only user understanding the 'hide your powerlevel' term.

I admit it is far too ambitious for my time and dwindling technical knowledge to tackle. There are some conceptual boundaries to get around too. The very nature of the internet is much like that concept but to apply it to a single site seems far trickier especially if I'm trying to avoid the need to install a user side client like one would use for torrents.

The biggest point is to eliminate the need for a benevolent dictator to Lord over it all. Less behive and more wasp.

Am I too late to make fun of this retard?

tis a shop user.

Meaning there'd be maybe a dozen boards, which would get filled up with CP spam since you couldn't have a global captcha (actually in general it would be tricky to have server-side stuff shared, e.g. ban lists. And god help you if you wanted to update anything since everyone would have to coordinate).

i tried to decode what the absolute fuck this post is on about, but i failed

F

Part of the point is to be self pruning and regulating. Why would someone leave a board to rot that costs them money to host? And if the board is tied to them personally they might be a bit more inclined to keep it clean.
It is also meant to protect a bit against DDOS.

first day?

How new are you?

i've only ever seen people post that "press F" shit on twitch

It refers to a fucking retarded scene in a COD game. You are literally button prompted to pay respects at a funeral.

Ah, gotcha.
Now I'm just baffled that people here actually played COD, and even then enjoyed it enough to mimic it even mockingly.

You're bursting with new from every seam

We didn't, it gained notoriety from how fucking ridiculous it was when the game launched.

new round these parts aintcha fresh meat

You don't have to play a game to know about a notoriously stupid scene.

It gained notoriety, but that's another way of saying "free advertising". There's no such thing as bad press.

I wonder how many sales this meme has generated. It's probably significant. People will buy "ironically funny" shit, you know.

Thread theme.

Your newfaggotry is actually kind of adorable for some reason.

Better done by existing software (nntpchan) or minor federation/redundancy with developing software (ZeroNet and/or IPFS).

is this your way of trying to save face?

Some fag on the operate thread is pretending to be a mod/Jim but won't post with a capcode and doesn't even type like Jim.

If you see him, tell him to use a capcode or to kill himself.

nah

>>>/operate/49119

Jim!POyoga3pqU is Jim.
But as how much of a faggot this imposter is, he sure can't stop at sucking Nishimuras and Josh's dicks with the failure of ever achieving to fool anybody by trying to impersonate Jim

Actually that tripcode is compromised, he changed it to Jim!uVyyoga2DI if I am not mistaken.

Goddamn it looks like I was wrong.

That really is Jim posting.

He's purging CP, which I'm OK with, but the fact that he doesn't even know how to use a capcode is not a good sign. We just got our own "am I admin now?"

Jim trying to justify his purge while saying HW will fix the old dead boards problem.

Not to mention the whole fuckery with the capcode.

I'm losing faith in this guy real fast.

Was Josh right all along?
Was he trying to save us?

On a technical level, yes he was trying to save us with new software.

Beyond that, no.

Bump.

Different boards have different bump limits. I forgot Holla Forums is set to 300.

FOREVER THE CRIPPLEKIKE OF MY HEART

F

8ch.net/whore.txt

I saw the threads on the other boards. Personally I don't want to have to migrate.
Seriously, an honest administration is what makes Holla Forums great.

Incorrect, Hotwheels stated many times that it would've worked.
Hotwheels got all emotional that he misrepresented some shit about Codemonkey and thought he insulted him.
And then he goes and insults codemonkey in slack chats.
Hotwheels is just too emotional.

Next would've worked if it didn't have one person responsible for everything, it's too much responsibility for the complete full stack in a limited amount of time.

He was only trying to get free money for no work

except he did shitload of work and is going to do more work to integrate with nntpchan

f

to bad his new software was shit

And yet posting feels much better on it.

Posting this since this seems to be a related meta thread.

Due to the ongoing drama /icup/ are polling all affiliated boards as to whether users are interested in doing another Infinity Cup or continuing it until this site dies. So please post in the poll below.

poal.me/kgvi0i

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????