What the fuck? Why is Civ6 stepping back so far in graphics...

What the fuck? Why is Civ6 stepping back so far in graphics? Civ5 looked pretty good but Civ6 looks like it's going for that cartoony low-quality graphics that several games have.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/c0gBO
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

lower system requirements to attract maximum customers, although Steamspy sales data and steam survey data show this isn't an issue, Civ V is at almost 9 million in total PC owners, and most users have a GPU that can crush Civ V with ease

Could be a way to lower development costs vs realistic visual styles

Could be focus group testing that shows these styles are more catching than the one used in Civ V.

It could just be Sid Meier having completely lost his marbles.

I feel like i'm the only one that isn't completely paranoid about the mobile phone gaming outreach.
There is a way to make it work with traditional games and Civ games are actually perfect for this.

You basically make the mobile and the PC versions able to link to each other and give a couple options.
Perhaps you find yourself bored during lunch at work? On a bus? waiting somewhere? anywhere not near your PC.
Log into your game through your phone and start managing your Civ on a rather dumbed down graphical map with perhaps sparse animations. You can poke and keep your game going until you can get back to it on your PC and play it with all the flavor it is meant to.
Or you make it more about your cities. Minigames and other little things meant to help you earn some extra money that plugs back into your game.
Or how about the multiplayer option? Bring some of that clash of clans flare to Civ?

See, its not completely poisonous it just has to be done right and has to make sense with the games.
Shit, do you know how much I would have loved for the ability to manage my motherbase in MGS5 from my phone? It had to always be online ANY FUCKING WAY and it would have been nice to allow research projects to bake and finish without needing to actually be logged into the single player game for no fucking reason.

summer is here isn't it?

I wouldn't mind a tablet Civ that is an actual Civ.

The features they touted do seem interesting. Like tech developing based on where you are on the map. I can forgive the visual style if it is better than 5, which should not be hard to do.

I couldn't give a fuck about the graphics, civ 2 is still the best civ to date.

whats it feel like being sillier than a raging russian minecraft autist

You are factually wrong, 4 is the best mainline game.

However the best civ game overall is Alpha Centauri

The issue isn't that Civ VI's graphics suck, it's that they're a huge fucking step down from V. If V had had shit or the same graphics, it'd be fine. The problem is V looked much much much much better than VI, which looks like a shitty mobile game.

At least the pyramids are not in the water, you have to give them that

Who cares?

it is autistic. why not reserve your judgement until you see how they butchered the actual game mechanics?

As long as it's mechanically better who gives a fuck?

They're at least keeping the expansion features in this time.

archive.is/c0gBO

The lead dev was lead of Civ 4 Beyond the Sword and the two Civ 5 expansion, while Civ 5 and Beyond Earth were done by interns so it should be okay at launch.

have you already played the game?

Sid hasn't had anything to do with the series in a long time.

Civilization is meant to be a game about building up an empire and not caring about other people. In fact its best if you don't work together and try to exploit the other civs (in ai battles that is). Its a game that when you actually think about it, its pretty dark. SO LETS THROW IN A BUNCH OF KIDDIE GRAPHOX AMIRITE!!!

The purpose of the graphics in a strategy game are, first and foremost, to be easily recognizable. In this case this means terrain types, buildings in cities and unit types. Civ5 pulled this off well, as did 4. Beyond Earth looked like garbage, as does this.

*graphics and art style

That's not videogaming and you're giving everything you touch cancer

how is it not? he want's to play his game where ever he is.

People with friends.

For once they aren't going to be massive fucking Jews?

What you think they're going to spend money when there are so many fine content farms in the orient? Money saved is money earned goy