ITT: Real world spooky/creepy shit that would be good fooder for inspiring horror games

ITT: Real world spooky/creepy shit that would be good fooder for inspiring horror games

Theres been a few already like Rule of Rose inspired by the much hushed up cases of english children during the blitz that were sent up north as refugees and ended up going full lord of the flies in abandoned manor homes on the way with murderous onsequences and more direct ones like Kholat based on the Dyatlov pass incident, but what else could make for interesting fuel?

e.g:

Thats just a few wierd real world things that i think could make for good horror game inspiration, what weird shit do you think of for this?

Other urls found in this thread:

acidrayn.com/2012/07/26/the-truth-behind-pavlovs-conditioning-experiments/.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MKUltra#Experiments
reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/3iex1h
atlasobscura.com/places/concrete-city
michaeljohngrist.com/2010/10/sports-world-retrospective/
store.steampowered.com/app/286340
abandonedkansai.com/2014/08/12/landslide-mining-apartments/
abandonedkansai.com/2010/02/07/koga-cc-house/
reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/3jadum/im_a_search_and_rescue_officer_for_the_us_forest/,
theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/22/a-terrifying-look-inside-the-nightmarish-world-of-north-koreas-prison-camps/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A game based around the suicide forest might be cool. Or maybe something with skin walkers, like what people thought Firewatch was going to be before it turned out to be about wandering around a forest and getting cucked.

Apparently there's this one village in Japan where people practice cannibalism and all sorts of crazy shit and a warning sign saying "The laws of Japan no longer apply here". I hear that inspired Fatal Frame 2 or something.

Japan and asian culture in general has all sorts of crazy shit that is prime for video games.

Yeah i know the place, i think it was the inspiration for Siren not FF though. FF had that viral marketing about a fake ghost town where a fake blog by a biker was going to visit and disappeared.

I'm amazed we never got a tank controls resi clone in the suicide forest in the ps2 era.

I don't know why, but number stations freak me out. They're like a glimpse into something scary and mysterious.

I think they touch on the same kind of idea as when some user posts something gross and some anons go 'oh fuck am i on some list now?'

Theres a subtle dread behind the notion that there is a dark underworld we can accidentally notice and worse have it notice us back and follow us home.

Nah, NSA watchlists aren't that scary, because they are comprehensible.

Now, stuff like deep web - that's scary.

What was the name of those hallucinations that can happen during the first 5 or so seconds after you wake up?

old/x/ had a huge thread about that back in 2010

Basically bunch of anons of different countries told weird shit about seeing huge deformed bugs wandering around just after they woke up (the common theme was the weird bugs with missing or swapped parts)

Also, there was some study about the "DMT elves" or something like that

Who says the list is always NSA?

Maybe you are going on a list of potential customers.

Or donors.

Sleep tight user.

Are there any games that involve the deep web, even in a "Hackers" movie sort of way? That seems to have become the new spooky internet now that anonymous imageboards arent that anymore.

Genie, the feral child.

Shipwrecks are creepy, especially the ones that look somewhat intact. They have that kinda looming or undead feel.

/k/ innawoods simulator

Mary Celeste would be a good jumping off idea.

Explain please.

In 1872, American merchant brigantine was found drifting in Atlantic, with no crew, with its cargo intact and all valuables untouched, and with no signs of damage aside from missing compass and navigation tools.

They idea of a ship or plane or something being found completely abandoned with no sign of foul play but also an unnatural, almost impossible form of abandonment is something i found creepy since i read about the ship as a child.

Shellshock sounds like it could fit some of the spook, though I never played it so I dunno

Ive always found that creepy even before hearing stories like that, its one of the reasons I found the original Myst game so threatening and scary and I couldn't even explain why until I got older.

Not much is known about this. All we know is that there was at least one death connected to the experiments and that they set up brothels to lure people. Unless you choose to believe in the Canadian branch where they experimented on children in Alberta, it's not that spooky.

Never heard of this one. Reading about this is fucking terrifying.

That's some creepy shit. Though I find that the idea of seeing a massive steel ship rising from the ocean floor as you otherwise peacefully fart around in a submarine creepier. I guess it has something to do with the out of place nature of it. I also really hate the ocean.

I think the mary celeste story is imagery as much as fact.

Imagine it. Its the 1800's, you are in the middle of the atlantic in the stormy season and on the horizon you see a ship. You see its rigging is fucked and its drifting, something is clearly wrong. You pull up alongside expecting to see some signs of piracy but you see nothing. The wind howls, the waves and the salt churn and rock you and dark stormy clouds speed across the sky.
In all directions there is nothing but angry, churning ocean. No life. No help. But you cross aboard and head into the vessel. You find nothing. Something disturbed the crew, but no crew is found nor any signs of foul play. They simply vanished.
and you are standing there now, will your own ship be like this if you head back? have you invited 'something' to cross over to your own vessel and repeat this?

Shit set it on some space vessels in the future and you have a solid alienesque horror.

I got the perfect thing for you. Deep sea threads are actually pretty comfy

Does anyone love seeing huge, immutable structures/objects, or (best of all) creatures in the background of a level? I especially love when you get to interact or battle something on a colossal scale. I think there was a part of Darksiders II that did something like it, but the details are exceptionally hazy in my mind.

Unit 731 was so extreme they tried to destroy all records and imprison anyone that talked about it in the media.

Some corrections:
That's not true, but the last record in the log mentions absolutely nothing aside from coordinates
Actually, it had only one lifeboat, and it was missing
Actual hypothesis was that the ethanol fumes led to a small explosions, crew freaked out and decided to wait out the further explosions away from the ship on a lifeboat, but the line that connected them to the ship got severed and the lifeboat was unable to reach the ship and was destroyed by a storm.

Tell me about it, I have severe jellyfish phobia. I can't even look at the pictures of them without cringing. Fuck salt water.

Fuck you man.

I heard the story like 20 years ago i wouldnt expect to be spot on, still creep fuel though.

Deep Web is nothing but drugs and paranoid nerds who double as pesophiles. It's neither interesting or worth your time.

Love you too :^)

I'd love to see more games have fuck huge battles going on in the background while you're doing shit.

Abandoned soviet shit is always creepy.

you wanna know who Croatan is? Spoiler: He's William Shattner He's also Mora's / Audrey's father

So did it exist or is it an urban legend? Because it's still fucking creepy shit.

maybe you mean sleep paralysis?
anyways sleep paralysis is really interesting, your conscious mind wakes up, but not your mechanical mind, and the feeling of paralysis makes you panic and see shit.
I had sleep paralysis a while ago, but no panic, probably because I instantly recognized it, then it became just boring.

no, its a completely separate thing, but thats interesting too

100% legit. It reads like children pulling the legs off spiders just because they can but the japanese military was based around ideas like "its honorable to take a plane and fly it into a ship to sink it, killing yourself in the process, sign up now!" and people did.
Unit 731 managed to put the worst CIA and soviet experiments look smalltime. The sheer level of degenerate inhumanity was beyond the pale.

Now theres an idea for VR.

This summarizes my first time playing SoC.
Well shit.

This story often gets embellished by the people who want to make a paranormal explanation for it. Though the ethanol explosion version sounds contrived to me as well, but still.

Also, Flight 19, the all-time favorite of Bermuda Triangle fags and ufologists - five torpedo bombers vanished in Atlantic for no fucking reason.

Of course it did. Why do you think entire Asia hates Japan with passion?

Were there any horrible Soviet experiments at all? The worst thing I can remember is some scientist who was planning to try and inseminate women with ape semen, but he got executed before he could do anything. Soviets weren't big on human experiments, they even went as far as banning lobotomy.

Dang, that's horrible.

I thought it was just over tribal reasons that happened way back when, I didn't know it was over that,.

Actually remains found made them realize the Roanoke colony ended up being abandoned by the inhabitants. The word CROATAN was a clue to say they had gone to live at a native american settlement of that name.

Basically the colony was abandoned by the inhabitants to live with a native city/tribe.

The Ancient world, pre-Sumer, with all the sulfur-ridden skies, semi-human abominations, mythical beasts, and terrible floods we associate with the struggle of the Ancients.

I knew those fuckers were behind this.

Well, it was over all kinds of shit that Japs did during their presence in Asia. Comfort women, massacres, unit 731 - Japs were fucking crazy during WW2.

The whole society was an experiment in psychology basically.

Ex-soviet people, still suffers to this day, from having to lived in a society like that.

No they don't. Source - I'm fucking living here.

The Soviets did some obscure experiments like keep the head of a dog alive and head transplants on animals, but I don't know much about human experimentation. The Soviets apparently bought LSD, which in response caused the US to start MKUltra. The US has a more fucked-up and well-known record of human experimentation.

Well, doesn't Russia, and most post CCCP nations, have a massive rate of depression?

Cicada 3301 would make a good premise for a puzzle game, I think

Yeah, but that's a relatively new thing that begun in late 80s-90s because the country was plunged into poverty and lawless chaos.

Holla Forums here

MK ULTRA was not some /x/ tier mind psyop bullshit

want to know how it really worked?

wow its that fucking easy, you too can have unilateral support for covering up your shady bullshit via owning politicians!

also survival horror game in the bottom of the sea with option of multiplayer

If there was a time for Holla Forums to fuck off, it's right now.

How about a rundown brothel or strip club? The whores can look really disgusting with syphylatic sores and abortion scarring, the neon lighting can be creepy, and there can be a hatch that leads down into a sewer with heaps of dead babies lying about.

Well the reason Resident evil and Silent Hill are so effective is that they take the normal and relatable and make it dark.

I bet you could set a game at a gas station on a highway in the woods of the pacific northwest during the late nightshift and make it a scary event.

sounds a lot like ur mum's house m8

some user used to post (like back in 2012 or so) some concept art of a psoopy game about bunch of people getting lost in a mind, finding some old abandoned citadel in teh mine and being chased by some weird "puppet" people wearing gasmasks.
At first they seem human, but as you go deeper their appereance became more distroted (and always wearing those old WW2 gasmasks)

I had an idea about a horror game based on the old west. You play as an Apache that got lost in the desert after fleeing from a bunch of cow boys and then you have try to survive in the desert while fending off monsters from native mythology and trying to find your way back home.

Does anybody have any suggestions for creepy games? I'm not looking for straight up horror.

I remember we had a thread months ago that was about surrealist and creepy walking simulators, anything like that?

That sounds kinda cool. Exploring other mythology would be cool, like how Witcher had stuff from Slavic mythology.

Pathologic and Cryostasis

Mega Man Battle Network 3's post-game content.

You know you want it.

I would recommend looking up a guy called "mullet mikes" creepy gaming series. A lot of it is generic shit and for a while he got a bad fnaf obsession hes thankfully over but some of the early episodes show a lot of creepy vidya stuff, some of it in none horror games that makes them more effective. Might give you some neat ideas.

also old low poly stuff like thief of course.

Fuck that shit I had that once, I though I saw a dark shape move in from my doorframe over to my bed and put a hand over my throat. I couldnt move, when I woke I realized that I was on my back and probably having an apnea so My mind filled the blanks.

This was during the day to. At least I knew what it was, I dont know what I would do with myself if I thought there were ghosts that could get me during the day.

The hell am I looking at, exactly?

Asymmetric population density would be my guess.

The Kowloon Walled City.

It was already destroyed though

you are big noob

I just started watching Night Gallery and it caused me to have a nightmare for the first time in something like 7 years. Psychological horror is incredibly underused in media.

Fucking Chukchi, man.

Kowloon walled city. Shitton of squatters took over a fort and built a giant lawless hive.

It was kind of a joke.

Good deep sea horror game when?

I was pleased Until Dawn went Wendigo, i'd love to see different stuff.

One i found creep as a kid was traditional english faries. Not faggotly immortal sex fiends but twitchy, knive eared child stealers that creep around your house at night looking for an open window to steal your children and leave doppelgangers in their place. Weak to iron and known as sinister, cruel tricksters the almost alien nature would make for a creepy supernatural home invasion seige horror set in ireland or something.

The fuck is that video.

The ocean is horrifying as it is.

some user from Peru shared some stories about mountain miners over there in the 1700's and 1800's

Basically most locals had mixed believe system between catholic/christian stuff and local deities

There are upper realm deities and lower realm deities (or something like that, no demons, just deities)

Upper ones are easier to please and less hardcore, lower ones might require more complex "payments"

Locals believe that if you take from the earth (farming, mining,etc) you must also pay back
Theres a female deity related to mines, caves and the underground.

When miners got a lot of things out of a mine, they would pick a young and relative-less mines, drug him, dig a deep hole in the deepest parts of the mine and ditch him there as a payment for "her"

That shit always got me in a weird way

Deep fear is good for me but its really, really old. Plays like somewhat like Resident Evil.

I remember they barred off a lot of cities and some are still barred off and kept off maps to this long after the empire ended. They had a NOT ONE STEP BACK COMRADE attitude even after Stalin died like how some rocket test got fucked up and it was doomed and already on fire but they commanded the scientists to fix it anyway and also Kamarov the Cosmonaut. If you believe that the Roswell UFO was filled with dead children there's really no proof of it but I wouldn't doubt they would.

Imagine a game with a hub area where part of the background scenery is an absolutely colossal statue in the background. Every time you defeat a boss in a side area, it's taken another step towards the hub - but you never see it move yourself. Then the final level/boss could be fighting on or within the statue, or even just directly fighting something as tall/taller than the Burj Khalifa, though that would ruin the sense of "oh fuck, if that thing is coming for me I'm dead".

Oh and ghost towns are an easy on obviously.

Take Centralia aka irl Silent Hill. A trash fire accidentally sparked a MASSIVE uderground coal deposit thats been burning for decades and will burn for a long time to come and the ground keeps cracking and melting and shitting out steam as a vision of hell itself fills the ground beneath this once peaceful, populated american town.

Now imagine a game where maybe it wasnt coal. Maybe theres something down there that was woken up, something man was never meant to find.

A mixture of Oddworld and Eternal Darkness set in the forgotten realms settings.

But essentially, you play a number of fucked up horror survival scenarios as less than able characters that would otherwise be NPCs in D&D games.

But a good chunk of the game relates to being an escapee in an ENTIRE ILLITHID HIVE.

Just imagine all the fun of being in a dark, claustrophoic cramped, H.R Giger inspired alien complex where your head is beign fucked with nigh-all evil psionic creatures and their servants with mental illnesses.

It might take a few points from Call of Cthulhu as well to add to the abberant far realm features.

i could just go for some dandd survival horror/medieval horror.

Imagine a game set during the peak of the black death, there is an mmo trying it now, but of course its a fucking zombie survival sandbox crafting game…

Probably best to avoid the second picture style, user. That's the kind of mind flayer that breaks my dick, not my mind.

Cartoon based on Chukchi folk tale.

Are you talking about closed cities? Because those weren't completely barred off, they had strict entrance control, and they also made up for that by offering a prestigious well-paying jobs and many other benefits. I've talked with some people who live or lived in closed cities, and they generally liked living there and said that cities were closed not to keep them in, but to keep everyone else out.
I'm not even sure what you're talking about

And what is said tale.

Toriel + Cerebromorphis

It's about Kele, evil entities from Chukchi mythology. Some of them are invisible evil spirits who hunt for human souls and bodies, others are cannibals from some far-away cost who fought with Chukchi, and some are spirits that are summoned by shaman to help him. I've found several versions of that particular tale - it's usually about some girls who went foraging, got caught by Kele monster, got hanged by the hair on a tree, then they are saved by an animal, they run away, cross the river, Kele begins to drink the water to dry the river, drinks too much and dies.

That isn't that creepy, actually.

Found one, acidrayn.com/2012/07/26/the-truth-behind-pavlovs-conditioning-experiments/.

more pls

old fashioned, now they can just implant CP in his hardrive

Aight.

Nothing a few daisy cutters couldn't sort out in a flash pun intended.

Oh, come on. That's, like, a small hole in the cheek.

You could at least have googled it before showing everyone just how much you don't know what you are talking about.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MKUltra#Experiments

Neat. Sounds like something from a lovecraft story, only theres no huge temple to a shoggoth in the jungle.

That we know of

Go read about the dyatlov Pass incident. Cold northern europe is fukken spooky mang.

isn't that what meme magic is about?

Before leaving, Dyatlov had agreed he would send a telegram to their sports club as soon as the group returned to Vizhai. It was expected that this would happen no later than February 12, but Dyatlov had told Yudin, before his departure from the group, that he expected to be longer. When the 12th passed and no messages had been received, there was no immediate reaction, as delays of a few days were common with such expeditions. It was not until the relatives of the travelers demanded a rescue operation on February 20 that the head of the institute sent the first rescue groups, consisting of volunteer students and teachers.[2] Later, the army and militsiya forces became involved, with planes and helicopters being ordered to join the rescue operation.

On February 26, the searchers found the group's abandoned and badly damaged tent on Kholat Syakhl. The campsite baffled the search party. Mikhail Sharavin, the student who found the tent, said "the tent was half torn down and covered with snow. It was empty, and all the group's belongings and shoes had been left behind."[2] Investigators said the tent had been cut open from inside. Eight or nine sets of footprints, left by people who were wearing only socks, a single shoe or were even barefoot, could be followed, leading down toward the edge of a nearby woods, on the opposite side of the pass, 1.5 kilometres (0.93 mi) to the north-east. However, after 500 metres (1,600 ft) these tracks were covered with snow. At the forest's edge, under a large cedar, the searchers found the visible remains of a small fire, along with the first two bodies, those of Krivonischenko and Doroshenko, shoeless and dressed only in their underwear. The branches on the tree were broken up to five metres high, suggesting that one of the skiers had climbed up to look for something, perhaps the camp. Between the cedar and the camp the searchers found three more corpses: Dyatlov, Kolmogorova and Slobodin, who seemed to have died in poses suggesting that they were attempting to return to the tent.[2] They were found separately at distances of 300, 480 and 630 metres from the tree.

Searching for the remaining four travelers took more than two months. They were finally found on May 4 under four metres of snow in a ravine 75 metres farther into the woods from the cedar tree. These four were better dressed than the others, and there were signs that those who had died first had apparently relinquished their clothes to the others. Zolotariov was wearing Dubinina's faux fur coat and hat, while Dubinina's foot was wrapped in a piece of Krivonishenko's wool pants.

Another notable find besides the four remaining hikers was a camera around Zolotariov's neck. The camera was not reported as having been part of the equipment. Also, the film in the camera was reported to have been damaged by water.

A legal inquest started immediately after finding the first five bodies. A medical examination found no injuries which might have led to their deaths, and it was eventually concluded that they had all died of hypothermia. Slobodin had a small crack in his skull, but it was not thought to be a fatal wound.
An examination of the four bodies which were found in May shifted the narrative as to what had occurred during the incident. Three of the ski hikers had fatal injuries: Thibeaux-Brignolles[citation needed] had major skull damage, and both Dubinina and Zolotarev had major chest fractures. According to Dr. Boris Vozrozhdenny, the force required to cause such damage would have been extremely high, comparing it to the force of a car crash. Notably, the bodies had no external wounds related to the bone fractures, as if they had been subjected to a high level of pressure. However, major external injuries were found on Dubinina, who was missing her tongue, eyes, part of the lips, as well as facial tissue and a fragment of skullbone;[4] she also had extensive skin maceration on the hands. It was claimed that Dubinina was found lying face down in a small stream that ran under the snow and that her external injuries were in line with putrefaction in a wet environment, and were unlikely to be related to her death.

There was initial speculation that the indigenous Mansi people might have attacked and murdered the group for encroaching upon their lands, but investigation indicated that the nature of their deaths did not support this hypothesis; the hikers' footprints alone were visible, and they showed no sign of hand-to-hand struggle.[2]

Although the temperature was very low, around −25 to −30 °C (−13 to −22 °F) with a storm blowing, the dead were only partially dressed. Some of them had only one shoe, while others had no shoes or wore only socks.[2] Some were found wrapped in snips of ripped clothes that seemed to have been cut from those who were already dead.

Journalists reporting on the available parts of the inquest files claim that it states:

Six of the group members died of hypothermia and three of fatal injuries.
There were no indications of other people nearby on Kholat Syakhl apart from the nine travelers.
The tent had been ripped open from within.
The victims had died 6 to 8 hours after their last meal.
Traces from the camp showed that all group members left the campsite of their own accord, on foot.
To dispel the theory of an attack by the indigenous Mansi people, Dr. Boris Vozrozhdenny stated that the fatal injuries of the three bodies could not have been caused by another human being, "because the force of the blows had been too strong and no soft tissue had been damaged".[2]
Forensic radiation tests had shown high doses of radioactive contamination on the clothes of a few victims.[citation needed]
Released documents contained no information about the condition of the skiers' internal organs.
There were no survivors of the incident.
At the time the verdict was that the group members all died because of a compelling natural force.[5] The inquest officially ceased in May 1959 as a result of the absence of a guilty party. The files were sent to a secret archive, and the photocopies of the case became available only in the 1990s, although some parts were missing.[2]
12-year-old Yury Kuntsevich, who would later become head of the Yekaterinburg-based Dyatlov Foundation (see below), attended five of the hikers' funerals, and recalls their skin had a "deep brown tan"
Another group of hikers (about 50 kilometres south of the incident) reported that they saw strange orange spheres in the night sky to the north on the night of the incident.[2] Similar spheres were observed in Ivdel and adjacent areas continually during the period from February to March 1959, by various independent witnesses (including the meteorology service and the military)
Some reports suggest that there was a great deal of scrap metal in and around the area, leading to speculation that the military had utilized the area secretly

Pfft. Give me 500 good men + 20 tanks, and those savages will be begging for a peace offering in a week.

Lappish magic. Vikings didn't dare attack Finns

But seriously, some poor fucker (either a Finn or Soviet) just cracked under the pressure and went fucking berserk, while most likely being high as a kite as well - ww2 drug experimenting is no secret these days.

Holy fuck Finland what is going on.

I know what a skinwalker is but don't leave us hanging faggot

n 1967, Sverdlovsk writer and journalist Yuri Yarovoi (Russian: Юрий Яровой) published the novel Of the Highest Degree of Complexity,[6] inspired by the incident. Yarovoi had been involved in the search for Dyatlov's group and at the inquest as an official photographer during both the search and the initial stage of the investigation, and so had insight into the events. The book was written during the Soviet era when details of the accident were kept secret and Yarovoi avoided revealing anything beyond the official position and well-known facts. The book romanticized the accident and had a much more optimistic end than the real events – only the group leader was found deceased. Yarovoi's colleagues say that he had alternative versions of the novel, but both were declined because of censorship. Since Yarovoi's death in 1980, all his archives, including photos, diaries and manuscripts, have been lost.

Anatoly Gushchin (Russian: Анатолий Гущин) summarized his research in the book The Price of State Secrets Is Nine Lives (Цена гостайны – девять жизней).[5] Some researchers criticized the novel due to its concentration on the speculative theory of a Soviet secret weapon experiment, but its publication led to public discussion, stimulated by interest in the paranormal. Indeed, many of those who had remained silent for thirty years reported new facts about the accident. One of them was the former police officer, Lev Ivanov (Лев Иванов), who led the official inquest in 1959. In 1990, he published an article which included his admission that the investigation team had no rational explanation for the accident. He also stated that, after his team reported that they had seen flying spheres, he then received direct orders from high-ranking regional officials to dismiss this claim

MAXIMUM SPOOKY

>you will never lead a squad of operators armed with FALs and flamethrowers and shorts through the jungle, purging the natives as you go
Feels bad.

Libertarian paradise.

Fool, you'll kill everyone. The point is to conquer them and fuck every tribeswoman.

Stalker was right this whole time.

Precisely.

Never did find out what this building was for, it was tucked back in the woods in Virginia near DC and didn't have any signs or indication of its purpose.

I recall /k/ had some weird tales about "Chesty"

Come on m8, where's the fun in just slaughtering everyone? You're supposed to destroy their warriors, enslave them, take DNA samples (to hopefully finally disprove out of africa for fucking good + possible cure for cancer & AIDS or some shit), and then fuck every woman you can.

Can you people fucking imagine how wild it would be to fuck a real tribal?

You'll have 20 good men and no tanks

Come on man.

just give me my nugget and I'm good to go

damn straight son

Oh fuck heres some solid shit for a horror game:

There has been a massive number of people, far out of proportion to any other place in the world in fact, vanishing in the american national parks.
They are not investigated, investigation is disuaded and reasearchers have been met with hostility for trying to track down information about it.
Notable examples include families with special needs toddlers looking away from their child on a well travelled path for less than ten seconds only for the childs dead body to be found sitting upright, frozen yet dead from dehydration over 5 kilometers away on the other side of a mountain.
Climbing experts that know their safety and responsibility are found with no gear on little shale islets in the middle of streams with no visible wounds.
Shoes found with complete feet bones inside with no body but socks, thermals, jeans and a belt all set up as though the person from the ankles up vanished out of their lower clothes.
Theories range from yetis, monsters, the largest serial killer operation in US history to massive drug rings keeping their grow operations secret in the most violent manner among some of the reasons for the massive, unnatural missing persons cases in the parks.

You know the rifle is shit, it's the best shit, but still shit.
Personally I'd take an AK-104 with 45 round jungle mags and a GP-25.

Similar stuff here: reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/3iex1h

*Yes i know i know, leddit link i know. But the stories here are really interesting spooky shit i garauntee its worth a look.

I wish there was a horror game that's similar to what Kanoguti makes, except with actual game mechanics and a story.

Yes, he did do that Walking game too.

I like my dumb shit, it's just jungle niggers anyway.
hell, I'd charge with a revelli in one hand and a TKB-022PM in the other just for the hell of it.

I'd like to see someone do either a survival horror or RPG in the Paris catacombs. I always thought that a post-apocalyptic scenario that has the protagonist get forced into using the catacombs as shelter, getting trapped, and having to find a way out would make for an nice basic plot. Plus it's the catacombs and it'd be really easy to get away with having spooky shit, secret areas, etc.

No thank you

Well, if operating in a jungle with an sks and rice hat gets shit done, then operating in a jungle with a rice hat and even bigger sks will get even more shit done.

What the fuck is that first pic?

Fuck the ocean and fuck games in the ocean

I'd just take PKM + RK. That's 400 7.62x54 + 120 7.62x39 as spare. Definitely need something shooting big bullets rapidly and reliably in a jungle. Hell, why not bring APC's with 20mm AA-guns mounted on top? The soldiers can fire away from the holes in the sides, and seeing a man's torso ripped to pieces by a 20mm should show those savage's what's what.

Just remember when out in boar country: Pigs will eat ANYTHING.

Man, now you have me worried. The fuck did you post this, man.

I've read about this shit.
This has actually caused me to never go into a park again in my fucking life.

This is concerning. Source.

Stop roleplaying, Holla Forums.

I think people forget A: how absolutely massive the united states landmass is and B: just how much of it sees a live human pass through it once a year if that.

There are colossal swarths of areas that either no men live in or simply colonial attempts didnt take and there was just plenty of easier places to live so ghost towns remain and people dont pass through.

atlasobscura.com/places/concrete-city

An obvious recent example but think of all the mining towns that fell through, and the more to the mid north you get the more isolated it becomes.
Just because its a 1st world country doesnt mean theres a massive amount of wilderness.

Watch the video man. Its some high tier /x/ shit because its real life not creepypasta.

sorry to be a buzzkill, its a theater/museum place

dolls were from some sort of artsy exposition, they where then moved back to hold other events in the front yard

Some user posted pics of it back in the 4/x/ activity days

I said 104 because M43 has a higher KE output and can blow through foliage without losing too much velocity or stability.

It's right there in the god damn wikipedia article, man. I didn't even know that shit was a front until like a week ago.

That dude's got a whole host of videos and cases where he talks about creepy shit.
>he totally vanished

What is that second pic supposed to be?

Urbex

Are you anons scared of the oceanic non-living thing we call water?

The dual cancer of vr and walking sim could finally have a good use.

How does someone lose their self preservation instinct enough to do this shit.

I was already scared of water as a kid, I didn't need to be more scared by that video. Whoever made that video is brave yet stupid.

oh

Well then, dive right into this other video!

Fuck this shit, I'm moving back to the mountains. I need to be as far from bodies of water and jungles as possible. I'd rather take my chances with yetis and shit.

Holy fuck.

Are you sure?

That's why you always CC a howitzer.

Yeah. Remember user, there's nothing bullets can't cure.

Sure there is.

The thing you dont hear coming up behind you in the dark.

You know, I'm fine being in the city, not isolated and with people. Makes me feel safer than whatever the fuck is out there and being in danger.

Thank god for movies and vidya.

Just use more bullets user.

I sitll don't get-

Depends where. Remember all the strange disappearances around the closed roads in lake michigans coasts and the nearby government lot full of a million plastic coffins owned by the CDC?

how is travel deals, indexes, and library records scary? Unless you buncha ignorant niggers are talking about the dark web. And even then that's just drug store Craigslist.

Sometimes I hear scratching in my walls or beads/water dripping, I have a bathroom in my room but I'm not sure but whenever I realize or turn around it stops only occasionally continuing when I do turn around.

Okay, that part I didn't know about. Glad I live on the west coast where it seems actually safe.

Yeah, the dark web, or whatever people call it. Like TOR or I2P, I ain't using that shit.

Haikyo.

michaeljohngrist.com/2010/10/sports-world-retrospective/

rats
a rundown house near mine (not spooky at all because it was small and in the middle of a populated area) got demolished a while ago and rats started flooding the neighborhood, scratching was incessant for days.

no no, I'm talking taking it much further than a simple walking sim.
Make it an a survival-adventure game in a rundown alone creepy urban environments. No direct horror elements, just atmosphere and situational fear.
The horror of living in uncertainty

This ain't scary
You guys are pussies

Nigga thats so tiny to get through, and underwater as well.

The Black Market part doesnt seem that spooky, just a market compared to everything else

I find the bits of japan and china that arent INNAWOODS but just rural enough that are experiencing total abandonment are super creepy.
I remember reading last year about japans ex prime minister talking about the current "if we dont start getting neets fucking we are an extinct race in 200 years" issue japans facing.
Apparently young people in japan move into the cities for high schooling more and more, dont move back and the people left in the rural areas get older and die off with nobody inheriting the houses or moving into them.
Last i read there is something close to 500 ghost towns in japan now. And this is outside the Fukushima fallout no man zones up north.

Think of the towns in siren blood curse, that "this place hasnt changed since the 70's" look. Just empty. Devoid of life and no noise but the cicadas and the wind.

Theres more of them every day as the population is dying off and the rest congregate in the big cities.

What strange places there must be waiting to be explored.

oh no, what if I get fat while I'm diving

oh no water

You're weired.

Water is the exact reason why you're less likely to get stuck. And even if it happens, drowning is still a better way to die than slowly starving in the dark.

I remember reading about this guy that was exploring a cave, and he got stuck in this narrow path, upside down.

People found out about it, and they tried to save him by pulling him out. Only problem was that they couldn't because gravity and he was in a weird position.

He ended up either starving after days, or his blood went to his brain slowly and he got killed by gravity.

You tellin me that that's not scary? How the fuck do you even get stuck in water, there's barely any gravity, you can literally float up.

It's not a matter of NEETS not fucking, it's a matter of your firstborn being a grill = SHAMEFUR DISPRAY, so let's abort all the baby girls, surely nothing will go wrong.

The old gooks have no-one to blame but themselves. But of course, the slanty-eyed babypricks would rather drive off a fucking cliff than admit they're wrong.

Water is worse, somehow.

Funny part was the "we need to increase virile immigrant numbers, but whites only" comments some of them made.

I dunno, why don't you go cave diving and find out.

pussy

Once the water reaches a depth that the weight counteracts the air in your body, or you lose the air in your body, you don't fucking float.

what if you were a cock-sucking faggot? oh wait

Not from that video but

Some of these might be reasonably explainable but there are others that can't be explained easily

This next one is a bit tough to remember, but the general gist is

And then there are stories like the above, and I'm not even sure if the 3 miles was the right distance so I undershot, but there's crazy stories like that that really start to fuck with you.

The good part about him is that he is more curious about the patterns in how people disappear and doesn't really give out his conclusions on the idea, just gives you the general how it happens and what the patterns are.

Man fuck it all.

There was that one experiment were they chopped that dogs head off and kept him alive using machinery, it was also kind of awesome though because they were planning on then putting his head in a giant mech suit for the dog to control.

I mean fucking hell could you imagine that being deployed on the battlefield?

I remember reading one theory about the child stealing years ago that basically said that the "dopplegangers" were a folklore explanation for autism/downs and that's why the kids were never "quite right".

Sounds a bit like FarSky.

store.steampowered.com/app/286340

nice

checked but you're still a pussy

Except they're not crazy. They're only mysterious because we're missing pieces of the puzzle. There's a perfectly rational explanation for every last story out there. Period.

Thanks, Scully.

So close.

Close no cigar.

There are some cases though where you start to run out of rational explanations though and you have to go to the irrational side.

Sounds… comfy

Imagine all the corpses left to rot in the houses because the last inhabitants of the town are too old and frail to remove and bury them
Later those final people die too, and remain as skeletons in those houses to this day.

I find abandoned mining towns and country clubs to be the most interesting haikyo, sans theme parks and the like.

abandonedkansai.com/2014/08/12/landslide-mining-apartments/

abandonedkansai.com/2010/02/07/koga-cc-house/

Abandon Kansai is a pretty good blog, he's a kraut living in Japan who likes urbex.

Western ghost towns aren't that creepy. Slav ghost towns are another story.
Uh, where?

I fucking hate this thread and can't stop reading it. Post more /x/.

If you're talking about that pic with Collie dog, it's a rather crude fake. Soviets did some interesting experiments with dog heads (even transplanting them on other dogs), but they were researching in the area of artificial life support and transplantology, no plans were made to weaponize them. Seriously, you gotta stop thinking that Soviets were some kind of James Bond villains who only thought about making doomsday devices and super soldiers. Also note that Soviets never used purebred dogs in experiments, as mongrels are generally cheaper, healthier and more durable. Space dogs, for example, were just caught in a steppes near the launch facility.

A more famous one

Pretty entertainment movie about it starring richard gere, might make for a neat alan wake style game.

Odessa Catacombs, Ukraine.

See, I told you.

The idea is right, but not the attitude.

The world is full of things that AREN'T explained. So let's go explain them, yeah?

You truly are a greater man than I

There's also the faulty implication that the rational explanation is not also crazy.

What's scary about library records what type of crazy shit has been recorded.

Apparently some of the tunnels are flooded, and others have odd drawings on the walls

Do you believe everything you see / read on the internet?

Oh, the rational explanation is always crazy, but crazy is a thing we can categorize and master.

Crazy isn't unknown.

Hey, what about the St. Petersburg Metro?

I bet you truckers see all manner of fucked up shit as they cross country and they just think 'dont look, dont question it, forget what you saw and get back home quick'

Always and forever Mall Planet, based on dead malls and chinese ghost cities. just an infinitely generated, fully operational mall, but you are the only living thing inside it.

That just seems like a cool place to fuck around in.

Not as mysterious as Omsk Metro.
It consists of one station.
The big mystery is when the fuck they are going to build the second station

Occultists see shit all the time that nobody would believe. People who travel a lot see a lot of shit. People who live in deserts see a lot of shit.

Deserts are some fucking shit, let me tell you. There's tin mines out in the mojave that no one's been in for a century.

Knowledge kills any sense of wonder and mystery as far as I'm concerned. Can you name a single thing you'd consider crazy? Even so I surely wouldn't think so.

Occultists are completely full of it.

Does anyone have the rest on Mizar?

Didn't they keep finding corpses in the Petersburg metro and decided "fuck it, we'll just put airlocks in and that'll fix it" or was that somewhere else.

I want a game based around the Hinterkaifeck murders where you play as the murderer.

Some kind of combination between stealth and survival, living off of what you can get your hands on in their house while trying not to get caught, meticulously planning out the murder of each house member while they comment on suspicious activity, just to stress you out while you take refuge in their attic, and ultimately escaping without anyone knowing who you are. Some kind of game that builds the tension around you so much that you have to fight your own paranoia to not just jump out and murder everyone.

Or I don't know, something based off of the SCP Foundation Pasta or the likes.

You want to talk creepy metro locations for a game idea?
i dont know why but this unnerves me.

The fuck are you niggers talking about.

10/10 would stalk there.

We decide to no longer stop there because we are still at our core animals, and like animals we can feel when a place is wrong

Consider that there are theoretical applications of completely known and understood effects, such as biofeedback, that are completely ignored because occultists and spiritual people like using them. Purely for example, monks who can stop their own hearts; if they can stop their own god damn hearts, surely they can stop the effects of minor illnesses?

That's the wrong attitude if you want to actually figure shit out, user.

I will never stop hating the Silent Hill movie for getting every normalfag fuck to think that games were based on this town. It was just the movie that was based on the town.

I wonder what the point is about the ghost cities in China. I mean the population is 1 billion, whats stopping them from living there, especially since it still looks new and habitable.

NYC subway is creepy because it's a fucking dump. Seriously, what's wrong with you guys?

forgot pic

None of this changes that it's not crazy to me.

We're just using physical examples to tap into deeper thoughts and fears, concepts and the like.

Easy to say that through the warm blue light of an internet imageboard.

A theory i once read is its all about the 'primal senses'. We think of the 'higher sense' as in taste, sight, hearing and so on, but we rarely think of sense like sense of balance, ability to sense heat without touching the object, merely experiencing radiating heat on our skin/nerves and so on. Things we do so naturally only our subconscious remains aware of them at all times.
There are certain theories that suggest things like phases of the moon effect animals as well as the tides, including animals like mankind. Things we never consider effect our senses in ways we are not aware of because they arent the main 'higher senses'
So researchers propose that as things in the world are in states of flux, to use a large example the earths poles slowly change location slightly over time as the magnetic field shifts and changes over long periods of time then perhaps there are more small scale events that cause these 'still places'. Locations where maybe some acoustics or conflicting multiple broadcasting locations collide at a point or something that our base senses dont notice but they act as mammal repellent on a level we arent conscious of.

Life is strange man.

Everything is either explained or soon to be. As far as I'm concerned that means everything is either ordinary, or soon to be. Get over it m8. I don't have to be in awe of physics at work.

Not sure if it was a hallucination or whatever, but I remember a bug crawling into my ear, and even grabbing the really thin skin of it, like the outside of an onion and feeling it. It wasn't paralysis because I was moving and debated whether to tell someone or not.

you don't even science.

You can explain a star with "energy=massxspeed of light squared" but that doesnt make a solar system forming colossal mass of burning hydrogen mundane and that shits literally been around forever.

Only yuropcucks and niggers take the subway. US has large streets so we can just drive.

Imagine all the ancient CP out there buried with the japanese pharohs just waiting to be unearthed

What.

Agreed, subconscious things affecting our behavior makes sense
I've heard from many a nurse and EMT that there's always a sudden spike of incidents and calls during a full moon
People will deny it, but stranger things have happened.

You mean, stand in traffic jams?

You sound like a fun person to be around.

Why are large moose scary.

That's not exactly fucking wizard magic
You're still feeling the heat by touching it, you're just not directly touching the source of the heat, and that process is only as subconscious as the normal process of feeling shit

Because they are literally monsters.

For most people, the largest animal they will ever encounter is a big dog
Imagine their terror at suddenly coming across a animal larger than a human in real life, especially one as aggressive as a moose

What the fuck is that second thing.

Someone please tell me what the fuck they're talking about.

I've been around bison. They're not really that scary. Especially if you have a .45-70.

In short, Ruskie metros are creepy as fuck.

CP was legal in japan until very recently
These old abandoned towns and shit don't have squads of people combing through them to remove all indecent materials
The last old fucks to die in any of those towns were likely not moved
Therefore, they get to take the little girls into the next life with them

for reals?

Some of the architectural oddities may have practical explanations. For example, the Switchback Staircase, which has seven flights with forty four steps, rises only about nine feet, since each step is just two inches high. Mrs. Winchester's arthritis was quite severe in her later years, and the stairway may have been designed to accommodate her disability.

The miles of twisting hallways are made even more intriguing by secret passageways in the walls. Mrs. Winchester traveled through her house in a roundabout fashion, supposedly to confuse any mischievous ghosts that might be following her.

As the days, weeks and months passed, the house continued to grow. Rooms were added to rooms and then turned into entire wings, doors were joined to windows, levels turned into towers and peaks and the place eventually grew to a height of seven stories. Inside of the house, three elevators were installed as were 47 fireplaces. There were countless staircases which led nowhere; a blind chimney that stops short of the ceiling; closets that opened to blank walls; trap doors; double-back hallways; skylights that were located one above another; doors that opened to steep drops to the lawn below; and dozens of other oddities. Even all of the stair posts were installed upside-down and many of the bathrooms had glass doors on them.

No they're not. They are clean and good-looking and friendly.

Thats not touch. By that logic you have your hands full of atmosphere 24/7. Touch is the action of direct tactile sensation from direct surface contact with something which causes direct pressure based sensation which then sends signals from the nerves to the brain.
The act of feeling radiating heat or cold without touching it is similar but it is literally not using your sense of touch.

For some reason retards back in the day decided humans have 5 senses when actually we have around 39

maybe this is becuase im tired as fuck, but i swear the image is moving

No shit the metros are creepy as fuck only our lord above knows what the fuck happened in the Soviet era that we don't know above and all metros are creepy and you established that they're creepy, what the fuck is going on nigga.

I think that's the scariest part. Third nuking when.

What about th abandoned sections and side passages.

As a research physicist I can tell you right now: you are ignorant as all fucking shit. We are more confused than ever and a current conversation that people are talking about is the limits of empiric practice. We have more questions than ever and we don't think the universe is structured in such a way that we will be capable of getting answers using the standard scientific method.

Just because you read some bullshit science "popularizer" (re: science fiction but they pretend like it has some basis in actual data to titillate you) doesn't mean you understand jack shit. Nor do their topics even attempt to understand the depths of what we don't know, and may never get answers to.

You can be an anti-intellectual, jaded, self-absorbed atheist nihilist or whatever bullshit you want to pretend to be this week for attention, but if you at least don't want to look like an idiot, keep it to yourself.

It appears to be a plant cell with bacteria inside, who eventually consume the host cell
People joke about big threats, but the microscopic world is fuckin scary, especially considering the reproductive rates

Your body is constantly in contact with the atmosphere
And you can feel the temperature of the world around you, can't you?
It's like arguing that you're not touching the water when you go swimming

Imagine that being the norm

THAT IS FUCKING ALIEN.

After we recover all the porn

Are you touching sunlight or feeling temperature differential?

It was "the norm" everywhere until only a handful of decades ago

we just need to figure out how the smallest of particles operate and then model everything else using supercomputers, sure, it may take thousands of years, but it's possible.

Considering I currently have a sunburn, I'm certain the sun touched me
And you can absolutely feel the difference in temperature between a shaded and sunlit area

I wanna go innawoods and find a set of those stairs,just to smash the shit out of them,regardless of the consequences.

No such thing, actually. Only two stations were closed completely, and they were still converted into maintenance depots. There are some "ghost stations", but they are actually either stations that are still unfinished, or a placeholder for new stations between two existing ones.

The only reason that the winchester Mansion is fucked up is because Mrs. winchest was told "All the people who have died to your family's weapons will haunt you! The only remedy is to never have a finished house." by some 'psychic'. So Mrs. Winchester decided that the house should always have shit added to it so its always under-construction.

How far back does this retardation go.

can we travel to Japan, take over a ghost town and create the independant state of Infinitia?

Make we can recruit Sadako or some ancient lonely ara ara mountain goddess

You don't know very much about history do you?

and such nature cleanses the stupid and weak offspring from the unfitting parents

What the fuck are you talking about m8? Science fiction? We've been over this. The fact that there's a mystery surrounding something just means we don't have the answer yet. Whether we're closer or further away from the answer is only relevant in the fact that I said what's unknown will be one day, or something along those lines anyway. If that's wrong then so be it. There's still a perfectly rational explanation for every little thing whether it's known or not, and there's nothing you or your phd can do about it. Color me unimpressed until I expire.

This shit was just weird shit that hicks did.

user
CP magazines were made in western countries well into the latter half of the 20th century
And the early internet had CP sites from different countries right out in the open for everyone and their mom to peruse at their leisure

user, you are on Holla Forums

At this point you should know 80% of conspiracies are truth

And the monarchy

Kek.

What about the lizard people?

Wouldn't liking kids be like liking smother skinned short chicks?

You're either baiting or retarded. Stop trying to derail the thread. Anyone got more /x/?

Think about it.
A mysterious set of stairs,in the middle of the woods, that everyone tells you specifically NOT to fuck with.
There's something about that possibility of pissing off some mighty,cosmic authority with such a seemingly,stupid,trivial action that seems fun as fuck.

Its naive to think that we will ever understand everything in the universe, given how we will only ever be observers.

Because we did not make the rules, and are only able and empowered to observe them in action, we can never hope to truly understand the essential principles behind the observed phenomena, At best, we can reach an approximate understanding, and science is all about reaching the most proximal understanding possible.

To truly demonstrate understanding and mastery of the world as it is, we'd have to be able to make one identical to it. Ergo, only God understands the world as it is, and to reach that same level understanding means becoming a god of comparable power.

But that's going off on a tangent. What I mean to say is, its important not to forget the limitations of our view of the world around us is.

I have to wonder what entity would be angry with an user for fucking with his random stairwell

partial

The elites "believe" they descend from lizard people

Real lizard people don't want anything to do with human weirdos

Stair ghost

That's what TATARI is based off of from that one weeb fighting game virtual novel thing

Considering the ancient and ubiquitous tradition of depicting gods as basically just immortal, absurdly-powerful humans with all the common sense and moral decency of spoiled 5 year olds, it's not exactly out of character for some weird-ass stair god to go full hotpocket and ban you from this plane of reality for several centuries because you messed with his autistic stairs.

>round up some more guys because fuck this bear
>go find the nearest bear hunting expert, he says this bear has killed at least three other women in its life and he sold his gun for booze lately and he ain't helping you

What
explain

reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/3jadum/im_a_search_and_rescue_officer_for_the_us_forest/, did you stop reading cunt look at this crazy shit the guy just got sick, quit, and went off the grid just for explaining the stairs what do you think would happen if you pissed of the Stair Ghost.

*flipped off the Stair Ghost.

I just got to that.
Now I REALLY want to do it.

Livestream it fag if this shit is real I can't find any pics of these stairs.

I can't exactly go on a 40 mile hiking expedition on a whim. If I ever get around to doing it,I'll make sure I can send pictures to the world first.

No user
You have to cum on some C4 and toss it at them from a safe distance
Just make sure you find the stair phylactery first or it'll come back in a different location, knowing how to find you by the taste of your cum

So none of this is real.

Of course not, nosleep is for fiction, the rules are there to keep the comments section mostly in-character to make it part of furthering the story.

Oh, for fuck's sake.
They can't even pretend like it's real without being told to?

It's not fun if it isn't real.

Also,

Just when I thought Reddit could have a good board.

You have to admit it's a good story.

Yeah but it's not as good anymore now is it especially with the quality of this guy's writing.

You knew there had to be a catch somewhere. It's an unspoken rule that Ledditors have to ruin fun wherever they see it.

This is sappy and unnecessary but I've been lieing to myself and being a pussy not voicing my thoughts even my posts here feel gay and inmasculine.

What the fuck are you going on about.

Personal issues.

you're doing it again.

Where the hell did this come from?

You're a faggot, user

Some user is having a breakdown and is making noise about it in this thread.

Stop being a bitch and not give a fuck and say your mind.
Don't live to make others happy if you're not happy, user.

yes
Also the zombie island Scooby Doo movie was bretty gud

There's a county of Ork Kommandos and no one fucking noticed

gaaaaaay

Good taste user, that is the best scooby doo movie out there.

DON'T EAT ME MR PIG.

I spoiled it because it was gay and I wasn't meaning to seek attention and also with it not being a big deal I was just explaining why I didn't catch that when you think Reddit is good in it's little parts it's shit I gotta be 100% in charge of me but I'm caught in the divided so here you go bros I'm a faggot no homo type faggots never stop being fags they go through a fag half-life you know what I mean that part of you never dies inside always following you.

I'm on drugs and I can't parse what the fuck you're trying to say.

good thing he's in there and we're out here huh?

I'm sorry for bringing it up holy shit. Have some spooks.

What I wanna know is, where's the spooks?

Reddit is cringy most of the time, and infested with normalfags who are more interested in affirming their own opinions and opinions similar to theirs than actual discussion, but I like to think of subreddits liked r/nosleep as more of places for amateur authors to put up their work.

sage for off-topic, though I think we already hit bump limit.

I know that shit yeah yeah and it's been 400 for a while.

TL; DR: Autism speaks, and he is speaking.

m8, we're on page 6 right now.

It don't matter anymore it was a good thread.

Are we gonna make a new one? Or did we exhaust all of the juicy topics?

Threads like this make me wish our /x/ was alive.

A shame the SCP foundation's going through drama from SJW infestation, hopefully they'll be removed before any real damage is done

dude, they already did lots of damage

many SCPs beyond the first 1000 are utter tumblr tier crap

Also, if you like SCP check that Korean project "Lobotomy corp", they had a failed KS, but they are still going with the project

Sure is.

This is one of the few good reasons to visit Reddit, but it's rare that there isn't already a better place for a given topic/medium/author, so it's almost not even worth mentioning when listing the Pros of Reddit. Which means it still has less than ten. Maybe less than five.

Abandoned railways always spooked me moreso than other abandoned things for some reason.

Maybe it was because I was one of those train autists when I was a kid.

Those are maggots. They're used to eat dead flesh and help keep wounds clean. That person probably got bit by a nasty insect or snake to get a hole on the bottom of their foot.

Eventually those maggots will turn into flies Buzz buzz. They'll fly out if you don't get them out first

They're maggots from a kind of fly that lays their eggs in the dirt, and when people walk over them barefoot the eggs stick and hatch into maggots that burrow into the feet.

Getting them out is especially sickening, and it makes you realize how many layers of skin there are on the bottom of your feet, and how much of the connective tissue is specialized to become new skin should the need arise.

Any info on that first pic?

The text is Korean, so I assume its referring to either the Japanese occupation, or of NK prisons. I'm inclined to the former, thought I can't say for certain.

Yep, drawings of a north korean prison camp.

theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/22/a-terrifying-look-inside-the-nightmarish-world-of-north-koreas-prison-camps/

What is the point of the woman showing the time with her hands

I see

She's very weak and holding those positions with her arms would be very painful

For you.

Fucking nips

I was trying to be culturally understanding and just appreciate the story but holy shit these rules:

I always knew reddit was bad but I didn't realise it was a full blown tumblr hugbox, even constructive criticism is unabashedly banned

if you can’t be civil, you can’t comment.
Oh I can be civil alright
Civil War style

Apparently the writer of those stories left /nosleep because the quality of the board went to shit and the moderators were dicks
Now they're on tumblr, so out of the pan and into the fire I guess.

Fuck you, Reddit.

The GATE Program if you follow any of those /x/-tier Holla Forums threads, I guess.

Oh sure, there's perfectly rational explanations. But the skier story should strike you as completely odd, especially considering everything that was known about it. It's the kind of thing that makes you scratch your head, but reading your other posts kind of makes me realize you're either just playing skeptic for shits and giggles or just autistic

some people just cant end the spooky story without trying to cash in. Damn shame.

Fun stories though.