Take a male hero

>make a bullshit story as a excuse background
Can you actually explain why this is a thing? It's just because one is older being publish historically speaking or what? I can see some characters actually having a personality like Jessica drew using a similar name but completely out of the way from the source

If it was done in the spirit of rule 63 it was probably fun, but if it was done because some punk with a gender studies degree wanted women to feel "empowered" it's probably a lemon.

This. Some of these things are not like the others.

>clearly being a DC fag
Can you see this shit faggot? They are both the same soulless gender swap gimmick but one is ok because was made before the 80

Kill yourself, fag. Just because you hate whor doesn't mean you can drag Supergirl into this.

That particular Supergirl (Nu52) was not exactly like Superman, at least not up until as far as I read it. More of an angry teenager than a responsible superhero.

Did I've offended your waifu cocksucker? Can't accept is the same gimmick and that if she was done now everyone would hate her? Let the grown up talk and cry me a river

I'm reading again some Superman story arcs but the more I get into it, the more I notice she have been pushed to replace Superman since the beginning especially in death and return of Superman

You're going to need to get some better evidence fam.

BITCH GET THE FUCK OUT
I'VE NEVER EVEN READ A SUPERGIRL COMIC AND I KNOW HOW RETARDED YOU SOUND

(nice quads)

This

Are you this fucking new to comics?

Supergirl doesn't replace Superman unlike Whor, who steals the identity of a pre-existing character and is somehow better than that character.
Now fuck off back to whence you came newfag.

I see you checking anons quads so I'll check yours.

I'm not him, but so far in many media Supes straight deny most of his succesor like Superboy and want Supergirl as his replacement.

However i personally didn't mind this, since she is a full retard (or atleast back in the time she wasn't) and pure like Superman once was (back in the good times…).

OFF: Holy shit i just realized those returning stories finally once and for all became obsolete since John will take the cape! Nice!

I meant "isn't a full retard" for fuck shake!

Hey Anita

Back in the day I believe it was done just because it was fun to have a woman counterpart to male heroes, nowadays it's done mostly for pandering and virtue signaling.

and

Because she'd be written as feminist propganda

I was worried I didnt save this for a second

shit that's not even the one I really wanted

One is an addition to the narrative. One is a palette swap.

the one I really wanted to post was abotu how these faggots are intentionally destroying the characters you like on purpose

huh, maybe that was it

Fucking casuals.

Comic companies need no help with that.

Pic related.

It's the last desperate grasp of a dying medium for relevance. Controversy is cheap and lazy, and this is the safest controversy imaginable.

Frankly, comics should be studying pro wrestling. That's just live action comics using the exact same tropes and storylines and it's bigger than ever. Plus more expensive. And they didn't need to betray the shit they stand for, and their controversy makes sense in the context of that universe they created. It keeps getting bigger while comics get smaller. I'm thinking it's wrestling keeps it simple with the morals, universal with the appeal, diverse with the representation (ALL stereotypes, by the way,) and…

NON POLITICAL

Nigger, these female versions of heroes have been around since the fucking 50s at least.

OP? Is that you? I thought you left to suck an endless parade of dicks.

We're going back aren't we?

He said "the better part of a decade".
You change it to "two decades" and reference the crash of 1993.

I can't tell anymore if ppl are posting fucked up things on purpose.
It's obvious that lefty politics isn't the only reason for the comic book crash.
It's also obvious that lefty politics contributed heavily to the current crash.
All prominent creators are lefty, have pushed lefty politics in the books and on social media for years now, in escalating degree, to the point that they're openly insulting fans and calling them nazis for not liking Riri Williams.
OK smart guy

The difference is that the older female versions had some depth.

Supergirl, Batgirl, She-Hulk… these were actual characters with personalities.

Now Marvel in particular just uses the same 1.5 different personalities for all their female characters. The stock "blandly competent" woman, even for characters created before (Carol Danvers, Laura Kinney, Jan van Dyne, Jane Foster) or the goofy wide-eyed tard (Kamala Khan, Riri Williams, the new Wasp, Squirrel Girl).

Even the established male characters barely have any depth in the recent comics. But it's just a bridge too far when they push a another female or minority character whose powers and codename aren't original, and she lacks a personality too.

Yes, and the post I was replying to made no distinction to genderswaps like Super Girl compared to the new cuck-filled versions.

How stupid do have to be to not see the difference between "making a female version of a character to appeal to average girls and women" and "making a female version of character who is the best at everything, better then the original white male hero, and everyone loves her even though she's done nothing just so jew faggot on twitter can get asspats from trannies"?

I thought wrasslin' had been struggling with losing popularity.

I think you need to review your english lessons

I had hoped to post a clear and concise explanation but settled for less

the culture is directly tied to the products it produces user