IDW Sonic News

We got some news on the Sonic IDW comic. It'll be arriving around Spring 2018. What are your thoughts and hopes Holla Forums? Do you think it'll much more fun to read than Archie Sonic? Will Ken try and sue if they give Knuckles a hat?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/IDWPublishing/status/917126711900364800
archive.fo/szKJ4
tssznews.com/2018/01/16/tracy-yardley-confirmed-for-idw-sonic-team-one-of-multiple-covers-for-issue-1-released/
tssznews.com/2018/01/11/official-idw-sonic-facebook-group-opens/
archive.is/asCgg
gamnesia.com/news/idw-publishings-new-sonic-the-hedgehog-comic-premieres-in-april
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

but will Sally and Nicole still be lesbians?

Have they even announced the team for this series yet?
That's interesting, but I doubt anything will come out of it. I expect the comic will start off with a few game adaptations, so if any non-game appearances will probably be shoehorned in. I really hope this leads to the every-Sonic-ever crossover I've been waiting for since I was a kid.

What characters aren't fully owned by Sega?

OP you lying cunt you said Ian won't be working on this. You lied!

Guess Cosmo didn’t work out

Hate to say it. But Holla Forums probably right. IDW will make doctor eggman Donald trump look alike and we will probably see a official sonic mlp crossover less than a year of launch

Realistically yes. If it’s a female character that ididnt directly came from Sega. She will be bi, lesbian, pan or transgender. It fits IDW track record. It’s a miracle they didn’t make rainbow dash a lesbian yet.

Anybody know the live stream UK TIME?

So we learned Ian is back writing and that it's a fresh start again. They dodged every question regarding to Freedom Fighters and other Archie stuff. Kinda a waste of a Q&A, but at least we'll get the first 4 issues in rapid succession.

twitter.com/IDWPublishing/status/917126711900364800
Then this should be great

That just means that the freedom fighters either won't be in at all or won't be in during the beginning arcs.

If they can put anti-trump bullshit into G.I. Joe then anything is possible.

Please be Transformers. I want to see Eggman creating a new brand of Decepticon combiners to fight Sonic.

It will be either MLP or TNMT.

and?

Sally and Nicole probably won't even exist. IDW has no chance to get the rights to them from Archie and SEGA never liked them so Flynn will most likely have to use only game characters or make new OCs.

Hopefully the lack of OCs means we get a bigger spotlight on the more obscure official characters like Fang the Weasel and Hat on Fire Knuckles.

It’s IDW mate. They gave us transgender transformers.

Archie has the rights to them? I thought sega did since they were characters originally from the tv show.

SEGA does own the rights to them. They were initially developed by DiC for SatAM. Sally is based on the squirrel animal friend from the American Sonic series bible (in Japan, the character was Ricky the Squirrel. In America, Sally the squirrel)

You could make the argument that the anthropomorphized version of Nicole is Archie's though. Luckily Penders didn't make her.

IDW already shoehorning lesbian ponies in the mlp comic

SEGA keeps a tight leash over their IPs. Archie is just as SJW as IDW, if SEGA didn't control their shit, we would have seen some shit before now

IDW will hide shit in the sonic comic. Didn’t the mlp comic had a guy hide kill all men or something in the background? I’m surprised mando gecko was made gay in the TMNT comic yet. But bebop and rockysteady might be a gay couple though

calling it now, Sally and Nicole will be in the background holding hands because "they were always lesbians guys!"

But yeah, probably MLP or TMNT. Both are bigger names at this point.

While subtlty with their lot is rare- you can pull off some shit. Like a mudslime writer for Marvel put in numbers referencing verses in their rag. Shit like "never let a non-muslim rule in the nations you invade" or some shit while Kitty Pryde (a jew) is becoming the new leader of the XMen.

But as others have said- Sega is finally doing well with Sonic. They're gonna watch shit like a hawk.

Sonic will come out as a faggot, Amy will come out as a lesbian, tails will become a tranny, and Eggman will be a strawman shitlord that refuses to use their preferred pronouns.

Your mum will come out as a lesbian

Alright faggots, here's what I'd do if I were in charge of this train wreck
I could go into more autistic detail, but I'll stop there because nobody gives a shit.

Trash.

What's it like having shit taste?

I don't know, what's it like?

Hope it's nothing like Boom, this meta self-aware irony shit is getting old.

There's a series on Boom?

How does wanting to see two furry girls lez out make me a cuck?

Look at all these wonderful original characters Penders got to keep, truly the ultimate expression of creativity. Totally worth destroying a comic series over.

I'd unironically want to read that.

FUCK DRUMPF AND FUCK WHITE PEOPLE

Wasn't the gunman shot by an armed citizen?

Yes, a former NRA instructor no less.

He was also an atheist, not a Christian.
I'm not sure who that Ken Penders faggot is but they clearly don't know shit.

Whites who commit violence always get associated with Christianity, even though they're usually either atheists or agnostic at most, because leftists are desperate to find any instance of terror in the name of Jesus (as if 1 terrorist attack for Jesus cancels out the 24,507,698 we've seen from Islam over the last 20 years).

I want to hear more.

Using an AR-15 also.

Leftists are raciest. They see all whites as christian. And all Arabs are Muslims. That's why if you criticize Islam you are automatically racist

Would be 100% okay with Bunnie and Antoine basically being cameos running a nice cafe as husband and wife.

I'm guessing you don't read the GI Joe comics then.

Why is Penders such a pretentious and insane lolcow?

Bless Mike Pollock's big old heart.

Anyway, I have hope that Sega will keep a tight leash on IDW's bullshit. And I doubt IDW will there to see Sega are a bunch of shitlords since this would greatly damage their reputation when it comes to working with holders of the original IPs.

I would honestly prefer them appearing as side characters helping the SF Resistance, since there's not much use for a "rabbot" when working at a diner. The other SatAM shits can fuck off though. Dulcy, Rotor, Lupe and Snively were such dull characters. I also never understood the appeal of Naugus, but I guess I did kind of like the whole bit about him being related to railcart witch Wendy in the final issues before cancellation.

archive.fo/szKJ4

Which part? The one where IDW canned an entire G.I. Joe series because the writer approved a homo cover and made asinine comments about September 11th? Or the one where they cut an anti-Trump joke because Trumpers got triggered?

Fags have become such outrage addicts that they don't even keep track of the shit they're outraged about. They don't want to ruin their buzz.

You mean the cover with the weird muscle expansion shit and pink spandex?

Fuck that noise. The only way a modern crossover could turn out well is if they did it the same they handled their Mars Attacks crossover event.

Shit art, shit plot, shit commentary, shit characterizations. The comic was asking to get canned, faggot.

They had a Popeye comic? When the hell was this?

I didn't say it was good, I said they canned the spin-off series and pulled the trump joke.

I also pointed out how you niggers are so addicted to getting pissed off that you can't even fucking do a google search out of fear it'll kill your high. Thanks for proving me right, you paranoid tweaker.

It ran from 2012 to 2013, with only 12 issues, I think. IDW is also reprinting the classic comics.

Yeah it was a couple of years ago around 2012 or so. It was okay.

What are you on about, you triggered queer? How am I pissed? I just said it was shit. I'm not even american so why would I care about american presidents you strawmanning faggot? It was a shit comic for shitty people who wanted their opinions validated instead of it just being a decently drawn comic about soldiers fighting stupid snake-themed terrorists in dumb costumes.

Mind sharing some magnet links of the spinach addict comics?

You didn't even read the post I was replying to, you cock-sucking truck-stop twink.

And who cares about that little prick? The fact is GI Joe was shit (even by IDW's standards), you aids-infested carny tranny. I bet you unironically root for the Chicago Bears too, you mondo faggot.

Both of you fucking retards are asking for it now.

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize this was /leftyfur/, you pansy bear-fucker.

Nobody said IDW GI JOE WASN'T shit, you illiterate, sphincter-less she-he. You probably get pounded in the ass by craigslist niggers in a crack-pipe strewn hotel room while watching the Cleveland Browns, you unbelievably gay retard.

Well gee whiz, didn't realize it was Pride Week already.

Who invited these losers to the blue loser thread? Go stuff yourselves up some other anus, you balding limpdicks.

Why don't you just go back to sucking the cocks of 40 year old men dressed in cum-crusted fursuits at whatever piece of shit furry orgy con that's hosted at the run down holiday inn across town? We're having a fucking discussion here, you, you crap assed faggot.

=Fellow meme reporting! Uh screw you guys too!==

The Cleveland Browns? What a fitting name for a sportsteam that is about as sightly as A BROWN SHITSTREAK ON YOUR UNDERWEAR DUE TO YOUR INNABILITY TO FUCKING WIPE LIKE THE FAGBAIT RETARD YOU ARE, SO GO POLISH A DOORKNOB YOU CUMSNARFING FUCKBOX.

Oh I'm sorry. Clearly the biggest loser in vidya should have his hallowed ground untarnished! Seriously, go back to the 90s, Mr. Needle Ass.

THE ONLY SHIT STREAK AROUND HERE IS THE ONE YOU PAY TO LEAVE ON THE COCKS OF CRACK-HEADS, YOU DICK-HUNGRY FUCK MAN. GO BACK TO BEGGING TO SUCK THE COCKS OF AIDS INFECTED STREET SCUM, YOU BUGCHASING SPERM GUZZLER.

WELL EXCUUUUUUSE ME, YOU QUARTERPOUNDER FAGGO-SUPREME WITH A SIDE ORDER OF A 40 POUND BOX OF RAPE, I DIDN'T THINK HAVING AN OPINION ON ANY DICKLICKING TEAM LIKE THE CUNTLAND BROWNDICKS AND THE SHITCAGOFUCKYOURSELFWITHAHACKSAWYOUCANTANKEROUSQUADRIPLENIGGER BEARCUNTS WOULD BE SO FUCKING PROBLEMATIC FOR YOU! MAYBE YOU SHOULD KEEP YOUR PRESHUSS FEEFEES IN CHECK AND GO TAKE YOUR PURSE AND CRAWL BACK TO THE HOLE YOU CRAWLED OUT OF FROM DEEP WITHING TUMBLR, YOU SHITSMASHING SMEGMACHEWING HORSEFELCHING KNOBPOLISHING NIGGERLOVING MILFFISTING COWTIPPING HABERDASHING GOOCHSLURPING SARKEESIANHUMPING SHEKELGRUBBING MUDSLIMEKISSING DOGSLAPPING CUMGARGLING BALLTICKLING TITTYTWISTING MONKEYSHINING FEMINISTUPSETTING ANTIFAHIGHFIVING BULLSHITTING NUMBKNUCKLED CHUCKLEFUCK.

Two words: Soni. Chiu.

Someone screencap this shit, holy shit my sides! I can't stop laughing!

JAY FOSGITT
>inb4 fuck off ponyfag

Han yourself Barneyfag

Wow, I remember when this shit had some quality artwork.

Lee doesn't post here anymore.

That's the cutest fucking giraffe I've ever seen tho.

Not enough people pointed out how fucking new this faggot is.

so

You know we have your dox, right?

Don't feed him.

Ian confirmed on his podcast that none of his characters he created for Archie will be appearing IDW.

So no more OCs.

No OCs from the reboot seemingly. IDW already said at the comic panel at Comic Con that there will be some new characters.

Do you think the IDW comics will have the old mandates from Archie?

GNNNHHHHHHHHH!!!=

Anybody got cosmo?

Why doesn't that cosplayer have blue arms?

God i hope not

Not yet.

A detriment! We should report the offender to the highest level of authority!

But who?

THE FIRST OF SEVERAL COVERS FOR THE NEW #1 IS REVEALED

Source: closed kikebook group “IDW Sonic Comics Squad“ via tssznews.com/2018/01/16/tracy-yardley-confirmed-for-idw-sonic-team-one-of-multiple-covers-for-issue-1-released/

>What is the IDW Sonic Comics Squad?
Source: tssznews.com/2018/01/11/official-idw-sonic-facebook-group-opens/

Jesus, it's like a liberal White woman walking around Haiti alone in the dark.

The only thing Boom made right.

You shouldn't joke about child abduction.

SOLICITATIONS FOR IDW SONIC #1-4 (RELEASING WEEKLY THIS APRIL ONLY, MONTHLY FROM MAY ON)
(#1-4 Covers A by Tyson Hesse, #1-4 10 Copy Incentive Covers by Nathalie Fourdraine, Covers B by the respective issues' interior artists)

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #1

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #2

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #3

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #4
>Sonic comes across a town under attack from the biggest Badnik force he's ever seen. Luckily, help is on the way from his old friend Blaze, as well as a new hero! Get ready for the debut of Tangle!

Shown: #2 Cover B, #1-2 10 Copy Incentive Covers

This is Tangle. Looks like she can use her tail as another arm, which could be a fun gimmick.

Issue #4 cover art. I'm a sucker for anything with Blaze in it, so I'm hoping this reboot is good.

covers are nice, shame IDW is going to hardwire in fart huffing politics.

ftfy

#1-4 Covers A by Tyson Hesse will be connecting.

Jesus, if you hate comics so much how about you fuck back to Holla Forums and stay there.

But he speaks the truth, user.

spite bump for shift key cuck

couldn't have they named it something other than that or the freedom fighters?

user, your shiftkey is broken.

i'm ok with this

no
resistance trum… i mean eggman

new comic characters
i archive it just for you furry fucks
archive.is/asCgg

I don't think Sega is going to let them do that. for a long time they didn't even let sonic cry in the comics, because Sega thought it would make him look "uncool".

They're villains this time, and they'll start as ragtag ones.

I got a bad feeling that first one is going to be popular with big gay leather bears.

no shit

do you have the one with shadow and buff chao praying to Jesus

Those look like new weird Pokemon.

NO!

Ha.

I know what you're talking about, but apparently that's the one sonic autist picture I didn't save.

Source: gamnesia.com/news/idw-publishings-new-sonic-the-hedgehog-comic-premieres-in-april

Will Tangle be a Mary-sue or Sonic's new girlfriend?

Mother and girlfriend.

I don't have that one, but I do have this one

I never knew he was crucified in Russia

EGGMAN MAKES HIS FIRST IDW APPEARANCE!
Sonic the Hedgehog #5
Ian Flynn (w) • Jamal Peppers (a) • Jamal Peppers (c)
“The Fate of Dr. Eggman,” Part 1. After his last battle with Sonic, Dr. Eggman’s gone quiet. His Badnik forces are still causing trouble, but without the bad doctor’s usual fanfare. What’s Eggman been doing all this time? And what will happen to Sonic when he finds out?
*Retailers: See your order form for incentive information.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
Expected in-store date: 5/30/18

Sonic the Hedgehog #5—Cover B: Kieran Gates
Ian Flynn (w) • Jamal Peppers (a) • Kieran Gates (c)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
*Retailers: See your order form for incentive information.
Expected in-store date: 5/30/18
Bullet points:
– Guest starring: The Chaotix Detective Agency!
– Retailer Incentive: Order 10 copies, get one free variant cover by Nathalie Foudraine [pic related]!