Daily reminder that it has been TWELVE YEARS since Half-life 2 came out

Daily reminder that it has been TWELVE YEARS since Half-life 2 came out.
Does anyone even care anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Future_of_the_Half-Life_series
i.4cdn.org/gif/1463016063084.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's been nine years since HL2 EP2 came out though, so there's still hope

No. I accepted that it'll never happen.

That's almost a decade, bruh.
HL2 took five years to make with a single full on restart of the project.

Based on the rumours it would another generic open-world FPS anyway.

No, the new meme is "Chapter 3 when?"

ITS HAPPENING

At this point it'll probably be as fun as Duke Nukem Forever or DOOM 4

meaning not at all, not only because to took too long to make but because it'll be dumbed down or something because they care too much about the story and scripted scenes to let you have any fun

the Dreamcast is almost 20 years old but that doesn't stop hipsters who were in diapers when it came out from latching on to it and screaming "DEAMCAST 2 WHEN".

I'll lose my hope after it's been TWELVE YEARS since HL2 EP2 came out.

Also I don't know the Valve's staff, to be serious I haven't even followed anything gaming related for years so I'm behind pretty much everything, but I remember watching a video about new source engine. It looked pretty detailed and hard, if they're making a HL game it would be harder to make and take more time than HL2.

I also remember that Marc left the Valve. But perhaps he wrote the HL3 and then left? He had enough time to do that.

Leads to an interesting question. With all the mountains of money pouring into valve, why exactly haven't they released a HL3? They have more money than ever before, especially more than when they were working on the source engine. They should have enough money to make something revolutionary, at least you'd think

Valve has no excuse as it is a company worth tens of billions of dollars aside from being lazy assholes.

Why would you want another half life game? HL 1 and 2 were shit that started the linear ahooter trend that destroyed FPS.

Doesn't stop nintendo!

IT's never going to happen. your only hope is if someone makes a fanmod just so it can be done once and for all.

From what I hear, one rumor went they have a skeleton crew working on it, another rumor went that they don't want to make it because of the reception of mass effect 3's ending, and another saying went that gaben says the crew can make any game they want as long as it follows the business models or what they've learned after 2010

all of them involving them being lazy as shit, with most of the people that probably liked making games leaving because they were bored as shit and tired of the free paycheck

that introduced loads of scripted scenes and forced in game cutscenes at that, it was at its worst in half life 2

They would only suffer from releasing it. There is no way to live up to that type of hype, and Valve is doing more than fine by just being a distributor.

Obviously you do since you keep making these stupid threads.

Sarcasm aside though, is Valve even making games anymore? Serious question. Like, I have a hard time imagining what the people who actually make games, as opposed to managing Steam, would even be doing all this time. Like, take the modelers, or level artists or whatever that did have tasks up to Left 4 Dead 2, Steam has nothing for them. They sure aren't staying busy all year round just drawing up Summer/Winter Sale images.

Unless they've secretly been working on Half-Life 3 this entire time and it is the biggest most amazing game ever, I seriously don't know what their original game development crew would even be doing.

no

From what I hear the last game they technically made was Portal 2, and DOTA2 and CSGO were both done by different people with Valve taking all credit after that.

So no, it's been half a decade and I dont think they even made one game.

People get lazy when practically handed money.

fuck

I'm pretty sure the last game Valve personally made was Alien swarm.

You'd not want HL3 now, anyway. It'd be a product of its time and aimed at the modern gamer.

Valve always seemed above that. Though fuck knows what they would do now.

Never played that game, was it any good? Or even fun?

It was fun and had potential, but Valve cast it aside like a stepmother does it's new husband's children.

If by that you mean it'll be a cinematic game, then nothing will have fucking changed,

If you can't see the difference between half life 2 and modern casual fps shit then you're a fucking idiot.

please don't

You didn't miss much.

HL1 and 2 are pretty much the same as modern cenematic games, and if you cant see that then you are a fucking retard.

So much for hoping that they'd use their Steam money to augment game production, as opposed to completely replacing that.

Clearly, this is a failure of Capitalism itself. A business did things I liked, I supported its endeavor in a matter I didn't like as much, and instead of using that money to further what I wanted, it dropped that entirely. I voted with my dollars and got the OPPOSITE of what I wanted. Seriously, what consumer choice would have kept Valve making games?

trips of truth

Sourceruns care.

Half life 3 will come out for VR, I just fucking know it. I have high expectations for it, and I hope it will be the game that shows that VR isn't a gimmick.

Im guessing youre talking about in which case it is irrelevant, because speedruns have no relevancy on the quality of the game or how "cinematic" it is. HL 1 and 2 are shit linear games that killed off good FPS and pushed for cinematics over gameplay.

kill yourself nigger.

This whole thing is starting to feel like Milhouse. Half Life 3 is not a meme but Half Life 3 never coming out is a meme.

Although to be honest I don't really know what the issue with this is. Valve shits out games slowly. It's kinda been their thing. And every time a new Valve title comes out we all love it and eat that shit up. That is until it becomes cool to hate on it.

But I mean you guys do know that Valve is waiting to finish Source 2 before they make Half Life 3 right? They always use Half Life as a showcase of their newest toy and since they said it wont be VR its got to be Source 2. Honestly its embarrassing to watch you guys act like you don't really know it will come out some day and be a (no one thinks it will be the best game ever either stop being an autist) fun shooter like the last two. It's like pretending to not have object permanence and that when I hide behind my hands I go away. It's not cute and it's not clever (fucking everyone does it) it just make you look autistic.

nice b8 m8 i r8 8/8

Stop being such a faggot defending shit games.

it's been already confirmed that it's in the making.

expect something like DOOM though.

Has it not been in the making since eipsode 2 though?
With the way valve works, that doesn't really mean shit.

they (ign) said that valve has like only 3 people on it and it's not coming in the near future

So what are your favorite FPS games?

Nah mate. It has to be 2^3 (HL2 EP3; 2×2×2=8) or 3^3 (HL3; 3×3×3=27).

Wasn't that part of that "leak" that said that they stopped working on it due to mass effect 3? The one that was obviously complete and utter bullshit.

I can't see to find the video anymore.

Don't be so upset that others don't have faith in god emperor Valve. When the learn how to count to 3 maybe I'll believe they haven't dropped out of development completely. As it is know, all signs point to dead game.

Doom
SS
Rainbow six 3
Deus ex
Painkiller black

?

Serious fucking sam, retard.

AYDHTBAAI

I don't. Second game was shit, it would be just worse for third one.

Valve is more interested in growing fat on Steambux than they are in developing new games.

Yes, I do.

I don't know, seems pretty much like every other FPS released, only real difference is lack of regen health

Oh I can, and those differences are shit Valve aren't going to pull.

lol. Either way, like HL2 or not, the source engine was really what people were waiting for, especially modders

While they are linear, they still give room to explore, rather than being goaded down a hallway. Most of dooms levels were mazes and open areas with exploration. SS had shit tons of secrets that added more levels and gameplay. Painkiller used its physics engine to make complex secrets only a person looking for it would find. And absolutely none of them had long, unskippable cutscenes.

How is Valve not bleeding money? They're a fucking wreck and they can't seem to do anything, fix anything, nothing. They're running purely on the inertia of having a monopoly on PC game POS. They're going to crash pretty damn hard very soon.

The only reason HL1 and HL2 were "good" is because they were groundbreaking.

HL1 changed the face of first person shooters, created a control scheme that is now the default for most games, and brought story in depth into what was before a shallow hobby.

HL2 did the same, a story driven narrative that didn't shove the story down your throat. Innovative gameplay, physics engine that actually worked etc.

If they released HL2 episode 3 now, people would hate it, because they likely wouldn't be able to create something groundbreaking like they had done previously.
unless they release it on HTC vive, which just so happens to be partnered with valve…

What do you think everybody's reaction would be if Valve actually showed HL3 at E3 this year?
They won't, of course. This is a purely hypothetical question.

Half-Life 1 aged better than Half-Life 2. Source is a shitty engine and Half-Life 3 will be a huge retcon just like Half-Life 2. If you have any hope for Valve at this point you're delusional.

radical

Remember how for the past two years some dude kept saying "wait for 2016"? This is their last chance now

I was arguing with some user on here about a year ago who was dead certain that Valve was gonna release HL3 soon and that it'd become the best selling game ever since it has so much hype surrounding it.

So while no it's not gonna happen, yes there are retards who still believe in modern valve.

tbh I hung on to Half Life for too long. i'm happier just letting it be dead.
HL3 will be a hideous abortion if they ever do get around to it, we're better off this way.

Do you fags drive a Prius?
Half Life 2 may not be as good as the OG Half Life, but its still fucking great.

Never did. No reason to. They're ok games. Not the second coming.

ehh, I find it kind of overrated if not downright mediocre
the setting wasn't nearly as good-looking/vibrant as HL1's, and the enemy variety was staggeringly small, considering how many different enemies HL1 had. The guns were also seriously unsatisfying to shoot, with the only slightly pleasing one to use being the shotgun and the assault rifle, both of which usually run out of ammo before you start having fun.
honestly, from a gameplay sense, HL2 was a pretty big step down from HL1

They make 30% out of every sold game and their autistic fanbase is throwing money at them with funny hats and costumes in TF2 and dota.
They're not gonna die anytime soon.

Overrated garbage t b h, I bet the new doom triggers you, goddamn neckbeard.

Superior FPS list:

I don't think they have to be groundbreaking to be enjoyed. Half-Life 2 was beyond old news by the time I finally played it and I enjoyed it enough to still care enough to be posting in this thread right now.

So no, I don't think it has to be groundbreaking at all. It just has to be well-made and polished. And seriously, if it ever comes out at all, it better be a masterpiece considering how long it's had.

HL2 had crappy story that I don't care about, long ass dialogue that can't be skipped, badly implemented although advanced AI, overrated graphics (that looked not much better than Jedi Outcast before the later updates), and postal 2 tier physics.

It will probably be too little too late when it does happen.

Yes I still think it will happen.

off yourself

Ever look at the numbers? Valve is making absurd amounts of money from Steam and ingame purchases in their games.

They made $730000000 in 2014 according to www.superdataresearch.com They're not dying anytime soon, not until alternatives to steam become bigger.

I still care.

I go back every few years and replay them all, they're still as great as the first time I played them.

Dark Forces 2 is the best FPS game ever made.

Are you implying that HL isn't a hitscan game?

Also, a lot of people ended up eating their shit last time because when they actually made a fucking game they built an entire ARG around it, generating community hype and publicity. Since then it's been nothing but expansions to Steam. Steam in the Living Room. SteamOS. Steambox. Vive. Not to mention the pants on head retarded notions of Early Access (on paper it's a fine idea to allow small businesses and developers to gain publicity, but in practice is absolute shit.) and paid fucking mods. At this point if Valve were to announce Source 2 alongside HL3 I wouldn't give a damn until we actually started seeing new mods. I want Obsidian Conflict back, god damn it.

Every time you bought a game on Steam, Valve got a cut. You spent more dollars paying publisher's rental fee to Valve than you did on actual Valve games. Not that it's your fault, they don't have many games in the first place. The point is that, from their perspective, they are responding to people "voting with their wallet." They're going down the path of least resistance to the most revenue. I'm not sure how any of this surprises you.

No. HL2 was overrated, don't care about its eps or hl3.

Says you.

There's apparently a really ghetto method for getting OC to run, although I doubt anyone will be playing.

But seriously just play Sven Coop

Yeah it will definitely be on E3 this year.

(Valve doesn't make single player offline games anymore, they are busy with running Steam, making games is hard and not as profitable)

I prefer the way OC handles playermodels so that I can be a filthy weaboo, but no one else has to see.

OC is fucking dead. The devs keep saying it isn't, the two people that post on the forums once a year keep saying it isn't. But it is. By the time they push out the next update source 2 will be out or Valve will somehow manage to break it again.

This is bullshit user.

Modern Valve is NOTHING like the Valve that did Half-life in 1998. Seriously everyone who worked on the Half-life franchise left years ago.

You can compare it to Rare or Sega.

At this point I hope they never continue it because the only people left at Valve are vapid hipster SJW faggots that only exist to maintain Steam, approve new hats, and draw and write shitty cartoons and comics. No one left in that building knows how to make a decent game and it's not even in their best monetary interest to do so.

I wouldn't take it if I still cared.
I want it to happen, but I know the likelihood of that is pretty slim.

What? Theres even a whole sequence that showcases it.
What does this even mean?
And it still looks good today
Now this is shitposting

I agree with the enemy diversity thought

And ill say it again, nostalgiafagging this hard is unhealthy

Guess Quake is a piece of shit then

The fuck are you talking about, retard?

They lost Viktor Antonov. One of the big losses.

Just one sequence? In FEAR and STALKER, the whole game showcases the intelligence of the AI.

HL2 has gotten many graphics improvement updates. Many fags think that the 2004 version of HL2 looked as good as it is today.

fags like you

HL2's release was only necessary to expand Steam adoption to a majority of PC gamers. This has already been accomplished, and a critical mass of users drawn by quality content into the spider's web attained. Now there's no reason to put more money into creative endeavors when you can get better returns for no risk by doing Jewish things like printing hats and taking licensing fees for shovelware.

Wouldn't be surprised if we eventually get HL3 as a VR exclusive to force adoption of that new kike platform.

I'd have thought valve would use HL3 to propel VR into popularity. Would follow their model of making games to push new steam features, or steam itself in the case of HL2.
Guess the technology really does suck.

not really, its not like halflife 3 is going to bring about a fucking vidya renaissance that magically gets rid of all the corporate bullshit weve seen built up in that time.

i hope that if hl3 ends up being mediocre it doesnt sour your enjoyment of the games before that point.

There will always be anons sayinbg "X was always shit"

You'll get ASSFAGGOTS 3 before HL3.
I doubt they're making it any more, considering they're all preoccupied with microtransactions, steam, and VR, and any game they make at this point would be an astronomical disappointment.

Here

Only one I know of was the one after the Orange Box was released that barely improves it.
Game still looks the same if you remove said update, and the game still looks good regardless.

No idea what you meant by this, but you probably meant to imply that visuals are bad
Guess you have shit taste on asthetics.
My favorite FPS is ShoC, vanilla looks dated visually, but the atmosphere and asthetics remain, same with HL2.

next year don't worry bro.

It looks good on testing, but most of the level design doesn't showcase the intelligence of the AI.

No, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't as good as what people are saying, not the best looking game of 2004. It didn't look as good as Far Cry, which looked damn good back then so that doesn't mean that it looks bad.

I don't remember the 2004 build looking as good as the 2007.

IIRC, the original Alien Swarm devs were bought up by Valve to remake it as a whole game in Source

and I believe that it was also the very first game on Steam that was made for free, before the P2W section was even created, all the way back in 2010
it was the game that brought me to Steam

No fuck Valve I hope they make it so everyone can be dashed to see how shit it is.

Always hated the concept of Amiibos. It's like, if I wanted to blow money as an autist collecting figurines, I'd play Skylanders or Disney Infinity.

I'd love it, obviously, it's just that I do not trust modern Valve with it.

He was the man who gave City 17 and the Transhuman Overwatch their distinctive look read: put the one look he's only ever done into City 17 and the Transhuman Overwatch, but he… oh Christ, I'm shilling for the marginalization of Viktor Antonov - he's a hero to me.

Viktor Antonov still won't be well suited to Half-Life 3, though - non-nightmare Half-Life 3 is going to be a game revolving around surreal, bizarre alien planes and dimensions.

Are you one who kept saying - wait for 2016?

Take a guess

All this reddit defending HL2.

Oh, no, I just think that assuming Half-Life 3 doesn't just end up a Far Cry 3 clone (or as a clone of some similar kind of modern videogaming garbage) with "loot drops" and "quest citizens", it's going to be a game set mostly in spaces where Viktor Antonov's stock uncomfortable-urban-dieselpunk-with-plastisteel design wouldn't fit - Half-Life's natural conclusion to me would be in a game having Gordon on a lonely journey through an uncaring, alien cosmos. Think Zdzisław Beksiński.

HL2 ia complete shit, dlliterally the exact same as modern cenematic shooters if not worse. Having to sit there for 5+ mins waiting for them to talk, then walking down a hallway killijg dudes. Everyone here who defends HL2 is from reddit.

So, how long have you been working at Volvo?
A year ago some dude from there was posting here and gave away his name by accident

HL2 is a more of a narrative-driven game, it has parts that slow you down to unload it's lore on you but that's just a fraction of the actual game, you're alone for the most part, if you have too much ADHD to wait a few minutes every few hours then it's your problem, not the game's.
Nobody whines about narrative parts when you play the game for the first time since you haven't seen them already, but you can just fuck around with the physics if story isn't your cup of tea.
The AI is good, it was graphically amazing for it's time, the physics still hold up and the gameplay and combat settings are pretty varied, it barely is all corridors, if you played the actual game you would know that Highway 17 and Nova Prospekt exist.
Also what's so bad about linearity?
If you shit on a game for being liked on reddit then please shit on Dark Souls, Deus Ex and Doom as well since people like those games there as well.

But dark souls, doom, and deux ex dont trap you in a room so you have to listen to people speak, or make you go down a fucking hallway. Half life 2 is nothing but patient 0 for cinematic games.

Deus Ex is a fucking First Person RPG that involves actually talking to people for fairly extended periods of time, it is a fairly linear game in the mission areas and it surely has fucking hallways, doesn't make it a bad game.
Half Life 2 did include cinematic content but not to the extend of current day "muh art" shitsoftware, blame the people taking the idea from "Patient 0" and implementing it with no idea how to actually design a well paced game.

Listen here you contrarian hipster faggot, the games gameplay and upsides triumph the games downsides, the game moght be linear but due to the A.I and physics lots of setpieces are replayable countless times.
Half Life makes you babysit A.I so you can open doors has shitty platforming and On Rails is shittu no matter how hard you try to prove otherwise.

Both games are good, Half Life is indeed better, Half Life 2 is not a great sequel but a great game regardless.

Or maybe everyone who defends it is older than 12. The HL2 hate reeks of newfaggotry

HL2 is the same flavor of shit that modern cinematic games are. Go replay it, you have to wait at least 30+ mins for you to get the crowbar if not 40 or 50 mins. Even longer for the pistol. And all the while they shove dialoge down your mouth.You can skip the talking in deus ex, and pretty much all hallways have alternate route to avoid that. There is no reason to praise the game that ruined vidya.

You have a point with the first one, but you get the pistol almost instantly after that.

This

Valve doesn't even make vidya anymore.

You never played HL2, did ya?

But the pistol is literally on the same map as the crowbar. Granted it is the shitty pussyboi pistol, but still.

It takes 18 minutes and the game is more than 10 hours long.
Now I know you're just baiting, it takes literally one fucking minute to go through the trainyard.
And the next time you get bombed with lots of dialogue is when you finish two fucking chapters on the way to Black Mesa East, you're almost always alone during that time.
After that part you have another two chapters, Ravenholm and one after it.
Stop talking shit about games you didn't even play you drooling retard.

I want it.
I am sure there are people out there that will flip their shit when it comes out unless they became normalfags and have to take their kids to practice or something

I havent cared about valve since left 4 dead 2 and that was 8 years ago.

I'm not bitter or angry, they are simply not a relevant dev to me anymore.

I totally played it, the game is shit. And im placing all the blame on it for making all games cinematic now.

Inbefore "3dpd"

Exactly

Sure, that's your opinion.
Your opinion belongs in the trash since you've been repeatedly proven wrong, but it's yours.

He doesn't know about

Every iteration has brought something new to the table; and what had Valve been working on lately that's new and different?

The announcement will come roughly around the same time the first price-drop for the Vive. It will be the exclusive title that demonstrates VR viability.

u wot

Yeah, ok, i can go back and play my GOOD games that dont make me have to listen to people talk for half an hour. You go and play your little reddit game while sucking gabens cock while im here, having actual fun with GAMEPLAY.

Nevermind user. Just nevermind.

Lmao, this post reeks of butthurt

Yeah you better walk away.

But i don't want VR shit and gimmicks, i want an actual game.

You know im right. HL2 ruined vidya.

If you were made you wouldn't be walking off with your tail between your legs.

No wonder you're raising someone else's kid.

gimme your next mean comment, Stevie

Valvedrones will defend sacrificing replayability for the sake of games playing as an actor, rather than the viewer.

Someone sensible, finnaly

Mate, im no fan of the half life games but that comment was retarded

But HL did ruin vidya. Now everything coming out has to be cinematic. Look at TLOU and uncharted. All influenced by HL2's success as a cinematic game.

Kill yourself fam.

SKIPPABLE cutscenes that dont interfere with GAMEPLAY.

And aren't technically cutscenes and are not 33% of the game like in MGS

At least your argument was fairly reasonable with no shitty wording and grammar mistakes.
MGS is much shorter than Half Life 2 though, if you know where to go you can finish it in 6 hours.

You don't skip a cutscene if you want to understand the story, bro.

And you probably like bioshock infinite.

I think a bunch of the original HL2 crew left.

From what people have said about working at Valve, there's really no set teams or groups. Employees can move their desks around wherever they want (cable management, what is it) and can work on whatever they want. If you want to work on something, you and whoever else is working on it move all of your desks into a group. So if nobody wants to work on HL3, nobody will.

:^) just doing my duty ro make vidya great again.

Fuck off retard

It's like running the only gas station in California. You don't go out and drill for oil. You just sit back and take a cut of every refill.

Valve has it made.

I wouldn't say Half-Life 2 aged well.
Every time I think about replaying it, I think, "oh, but I'm just going to do the exact same shit I did last time I played it." Short of doing a challenge run for some reason, I couldn't think of any reasons to replay it. Then I watched the speedrun someone posted earlier and was reminded of how boring, dry, and flat all of the cutscenes are.
They're just sucking my dick too hard. Gordon Freeman isn't a fucking character with his own hopes and dreams, stop acting like it.

What are your favorite video games?

Duke nukem forever syndrome and they know it. Nothing they make could ever live up to the hype and would ultimately be bad PR. Why bother with that when they can just milk e-sports and good goy "sales"?

Scripted events where you're trapped in a room (out of 1 in 5 in Half-Life 2) are no better than unskippable cutscenes, timewise. Sure, you can squat around and do all sorts of meme magic, but if you know the plot by heart you can't get to the good stuff.

Although it is unfair to judge a much shorter game by design, think about how much time Half-Life 2 wastes by conveniently blocking the progression path while it's expertly-made animations show you its money's worth. It's like in RE4, when you go to the church where Ashley is, instead of the game allowing you to skip checking the door and continue in the back because it trusts the player, imagine if there was a gate blocking the back that can only be opened by the enemy, and only if you open the door with no skip button. That's HL2 in a nutshell.

Demons souls
Painkiller
Serious sam
Doom 1993
Katamari forever
RE4

Paradise Lost happened after 12 years user.

Descent 2
Uplink
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
Blood
Marathon 2: Durandal
Turrican 2
Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours

F.E.A.R. actually had in-engine cutscenes you could skip from the pause menu ('skip story sequence'). Of course it only really had long cutscenes at the start of the game so you don't see it often but it was a good solution.

Don't say this. Just call it Doom, you know, what the game is titled.
If you're going to distinguish one, then call the other Doom 2016 or something.

I fucking cant anymore. Doom 2016 has taken the name of doom now so i have to distinguish.

Doom """1993""" is the only Doom there is. Never let me see you type that bullshit around here again.

Thank you.

Yeah, then when i reccomend doom they see doom 2016 and either call me a faggot or buy nuDooM. There is no qinning with reboots.

Nobody's gonna fucking do that around here, you retard. Jesus christ, stop being a pussy.

It's obviously called MOOM DOOD.

Again, story takes backseat to gameplay, and you can skip all of it and go straight to the game instead of waiting 20 mins for them to talk.

Alright I'll throw in my 5 cents as well. I visited this site again after a few years now and I come to the conclusion that there are only 2 things that can happen now.
half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Future_of_the_Half-Life_series

A) Valve will release the game alongside a new engine or platform and that means that they already have the game finished and wait for the right moment to release it.

B) This game will not be released and if they release it, it probably will not resemble the other installments of the series, since core personal has left the developement team. It will be Mass Effect all over again.

So just wait for the release of the Steambox, if the game isn't out by then, it will never be.

I would rather distinguish and be called a faggot rather than be accused ofmliking nuDooM.

You like arguably the worst RE before the series went to total shit, don't even try that flimsy ass excuse. If you had said RE2, or even 3, I would have just shrugged.

We already call the new game NuDoom you fucking idiot why are you bitching?

RE 1 2 and 3 are completely awful. RE4 is the only good RE game.

Duke Nukem Forever took 15 years to come out, and there was hype.

So you just have shit taste. Good to know.

Never played RE 0.

No, Unreal was superior to Half-Life anyway.

please, just fucking stop, its awful reading that shit

Again: half life 1 and 2 ruined video games and started the cinematic trend.

you can't talk about a game if you only played the opening

Nigger i played throught the whole fucking game.

it's obvious you didn't

Crysis 1 is pretty much the closest thing to Half Life 3 that we'll get for a long while.

Well my steam account says i played 33 hours.

I'd say something like Timeshift is closer to the HL2 mould.

Whats the fucking point of speedruns that exploit glitches like that? It is so fucking stupid. Might as well get your noclip cheat on and coast.

I bet you don't even parallel universes.

I can't even go and replay Half-Life 2 properly because Valve fucked up the Source engine with updates so much. Only Episode 2 pis playable.

Keep baiting

It's not bait. It's absolutely true. There are issues with the game quick saving, loading a new sound, loading a new area and loading a save while in game.

It's like pottery.

HL2 aint Ms PacMan

i.4cdn.org/gif/1463016063084.webm

anyone know the song name?

Whoever made that image should be put out of their misery

why?

You can look at that image and not tell whats wrong with it?

no?

???

If you're talking about the writing being the same color as his skin therefore nigh-unreadable, then that's the joke

i hope he didnt mean that, since i cant possibly see why someone would make the picture since there is nothing else funny about it

sage for off-topic

i just need the youtube link to the song

Well, I didn't say it was a good one

Most of the time I can read the nigh unreadable but this one was literally unreadable for me, I also didnt get the joke because I dont know who the fuck that guy is

i dont think you even get it now, since you really dont have to think that much to see this guy is obviously some sort of fighter/boxer/wrestler who has just won a match (see his fists in the air)

one would also see he is ginger, and that the quote, in white, written on the picture, starts with him saying that people thought he would make it (apparentally he has, since he looks like he won in this picture)

he doesnt have "the look" which was basically a hint for the upcoming joke, the white text that isnt readable because of his pigmentation

Thats not even worthy of carlos, ive seen funnier shit come from funnyjunk

you think i was aiming to get le shitty screencap on /r/4chan? im just amazed by how you not only dont get the joke, yet you don't comprehend that such a picture would not be made if there was no joke in it

HL3 may be a vr title.
The gimmick will be that if you die in game you die irl.

And here comes the anti-Valve circlejerk. Almost as bad as the Valvecuck circlejerk.

It's a joke.

What the fuck did you expect? That "You dont own shit" was a quote? Its a image about the 180 Gaben made after 2008

Most of the original staff that worked on the Half-Life games are gone.
Valve hasn't made a game in half a decade because they have no reason to. If you'd see CSGO and DOTA, they're making bank on kids who use their parents money to buy tacticool skins for their knives, which cost $100 at the very least. Hell, while it isn't as popular as it as before, TF2 is still making a sizable amount of income for them, furries ERP in that game constantly.

whats the psychological explanation behind this phenomena?

Stockholm syndrome coupled with autism autism and a dose of normalfaggotr.

hoarding mentality, probably some form of OCD

No
Valve doesn't make video games anymore, they're just a DRM/distributor now

probably incompetent parents as well