(((SOCIAL MEDIA))) AND TECHNOLOGY FINALLY KILLING THE FAMILY=

(((SOCIAL MEDIA))) AND TECHNOLOGY FINALLY KILLING THE FAMILY=
The family has been the fundamental element in organizing almost every post-tribal society in history for at least 10,000 years. We all know the family is under attack on many fronts, from the celebration of everything "queer" to skyrocketing divorce. Is technology itself the final death nail? And what happens when the foundational building block of ==family== finally crumbles?

HALF of families text each other in the same house: Experts say tech craze could have a 'catastrophic' effect on family life

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4233404/HALF-families-text-house.html

archive.is/gTmXN

Other urls found in this thread:

callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/KVA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

and i thought that wasn't a commonplace thing

Is technology to truly blame or is it the apathy running deep?

Psychologically stressful environments are not conductive to raising kids. Guess what technology creates?

It's technology.

YOU DIDN'T LISTEN

Giving kids unrestricted and unsupervised access to the web is a bad thing? It's been just shy of ten years since the first iPhone came out, so all the squeakers in Cowadoody are now shitting out crotchfruit and throwing them iPads.

Parents today don't want to give their kids the attention they require, instead sitting them in front of a computer or phone, and then, 15 years later, cry about how they don't spend any time together.

Back in 2007 my fat friend and his fat family would call each others cell phones to talk instead of walk to the other end of the house. somehow they thought i was the lazy flake

yes, they shit things up for us during the summer.

fuck

THANK YOU BASED UNCLE TEDDY
pls fix spelling

I'm forced to partake in the downsides. Why shouldn't I accept the benefits as well?

meh, my wife and I do this because it's helpful with raising the kids (we've got 2 under 3).

For example, she'll be in the bedroom breastfeeding and putting my daughter to sleep but I might need something from the bedroom, it's easier for me to text her and ask if bubs is still awake so that I can come in rather than going into the bedroom to find out and potentially waking the baby up or disturbing her from falling asleep.

I guess it depends how you use it, it's not like I would text my wife to ask her something if she's in the kitchen or loungeroom, I'll get up and go speak to her but in cases where you need some discretion, it is very useful.

We don't know any better.
We are generation born on net.
Give us a break, at least we aren't on social media or tumblr.

KVA did nothing wrong
KVA becomes real when? callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/KVA

It's not technology. It's (((diversity))) which is proven to isolate people. The technology is just popping up to bandaid the wounds in society.

Diversity might disrupt relations within a community, but how could a family be diverse and thus lose social capital? Makes no sense.

i spawned 2 white males to grow up under my watchful eye with good aryan and celtic female stock. there may be more on the way. they will learn to hate the jew.

It's much harder to have social interaction because nobody wants to come together and invest in their community.

Doesn't help that everyone hates each other because they (literally) can't fundamentally agree on what Black and White means.

I limit myself to an hour a day of online shitposting. I have email but no social media. And if I have anything to say to the family members I live with, I say it to their faces.

The article is about the 50% of families who use technology in a specific way that undermines the family, and how obsecenly high a percentage 50% is in that particular case. It doesn't suggest that we all go live caves or even that we delete the net from our lives.

You ever think its possible that a lot of parents are insufferable faggots who'd be abusing their children otherwise? Parents nowadays are pretty shitty. Especially if they boomers like mine are.

this

Texting someone in the same house is not even practical. I can't even imagine how awkward that place must be.

you're me, except there's nothing good anymore to catch up to making me free.

why do you think you are here?

we all know this.

same, no gameboy, gamecube, xbox, ps, n64

really makes you the odd one out among your peers, not that children should be wasting their youth on that shit, but still

Same. I also had no cable television, so no cartoons on TV.

I respect that, but I'd say you should work on the quality of your communication moreso than the medium. You need a stable of people you can share your vulnerabilities with. If you can't share your vulnerabilities, it doesn't matter what medium you use…you're still not friends.

luddite concern troll faggots please go

I have nothing against VR, but our culture's not ready.

I know this feel well, normalfag memes seem absolutely alien to me and often times reek of a psyop like "dat boi" or "trash dove" which I thought was pidgin IM making a comeback until yesterday

If it gets used the way current tech is used it really could be the end, or even a new putrid beginning.

Holla Forums people tend to disagree with me, but technology is like any other machine. They're either a benefit or a hazard. If they're a benefit, it's not my problem.

Why the fuck do you need smart-phones and tablets anyway?

Not that I don't understand the appeal. Precisely because I do, and I already spend too much time on the computer, have I chosen to become part of the

Feature Phone Master Race!

They are glorified tracking devices for niggers that don't know how a computer works.

Dumb fucks the lot of them.

It's handy to be able to text people. I remember just a few years ago quite a few homes had intercoms built in, to help communicate from one room to the next. Not much different from just using a cellphone (though this was before cellphones). Only reason hardly anyone used it was because it hardly ever was possible to be intelligible over it.

This study is a bit worthless though as it doesn't suggest how often these families are texting each other in comparison to talking to each other. It's putting forth the statistic of how many families are texting which can be confused by some readers as how often the families are texting each other. It's the difference between "how often families are texting each other" versus "how often the families are texting each other" to give an idea how easily confused this point can be.

If someone texts their wife something like a grocery list it isn't a sign of societal decay yet you could portray such a thing in statistics like this as though it is.

Deep

veyyy

yeah

You aren't going to drag me down with you naturecucks

Go back to apefrica cuckold teddy

pretty much. reminder that having (((phones))) near children is abuse

Normalfag sheeple shouldn't have access to technology.

Prove me wrong.

Finding people here who oppose that sentiment is going to be about as difficult as finding pro-white commentators on Salon, Buzzfeed or HuffPo.

Fullchan is social media, it's different in nature but recently it's been looking more and more like a groupchat.

It's like a dopamine dispenser. Memes in particular, create a dependency that need to be satiated. I wouldn't say they are inherently bad unless you believe they release cancer beams into your eyes. The flaw lies with the nihilist mind and the general lack of willpower most normalfags have to do just about anything socially extraordinary.

I oppose it, how are they ever gonna wake up otherwise?

another cuckservative luddite shill thread.

All things in moderation user. The internet, social media, and technology in general are tools which man can use to improve his nation and himself. There is a plethora of information available ranging from uncensored history to websites like sci-hub that provide you unlimited access to the most cutting edge scientific publications. It is also a means by which to reach out and communicate with like minded people to share information and to learn from one another, thus improving each other and our homes at a rate never before seen by our species. Do not blame the tool for its misuse, blame the user.

While man may have access to a number of tools never before harnessed, it is up to him to ensure he is balanced and using that tool to improve his nation and himself. It is the pathetic "man" that cannot control himself in his use of the tool. It is the weak "man" that blames the tool for his wasteful nature. It's equivalent to the disgustingly obese "people" that blamed McDonald's for their condition as opposed to blaming themselves for not closing their fat fucking mouths and exercising.

Do not blame the tool for human weakness. Blame the human for weakness in how the tool is used. See the weakness, and purge it from yourself.

YOU DIDN'T LISTEN

Reported.

I have some social media myself (goybook) but I do not like to mix it with family. I am not "friends" with my mother, sister, or cousins. I don't want to see the retarded pictures they post of them being degenerate. I recently added a cousin I hadn't seen in awhile to sort of follow her music career. Already somewhat regret it…. This shit is for friends. Talk to your family in person.

These Luddite fags must be /Christian/ shills or something, what ever happened to all the space threads and other tech threads we used to have? I swear there must have been another exodus or something

All well and good but strong words will not solve this problem because once the internet takes hold of a person, it causes physical and chemical changes in the brain that can only be reversed through an intense period of rewiring that can only be set off by a complete change in habits and lifestyle. 99% of people are not strong enough to do this for themselves or their loved ones.

I overcame this quite simply - by reverting my entire house to a wired internet connection (no wifi) and by only leaving one spot where the computer can plug into an ethernet jack, out in the middle of the house. I also switched back over to a dumphone, so that my phone is no longer a portal to the net. All it can do now is make calls.

Needless to say I feel hugely better after making these changes… like a human again. But there is no way I could have made that transition without making those drastic changes.

What's wrong with adapting to technology? Why does one "need" to distance themselves from it?

I miss space elevator threads.

Because it causes detrimental physical and chemical changes in the brain. It's not something you can just 'adapt' to. It changes you. Not permanently though - this isn't a message of doom and gloom - but it's like having a muscle (for those unfamiliar with the plasticity of the brain this is a good analogy). If you allow the muscle of your brain to become weak from using technology too much, you as a person will change. Energy levels drop, ability to concentrate, read books, be creative, plan ahead etc all go down.
There's a reason the god emperor doesn't like computers too much. He's actually a good example of someone who found a good balance between technology and the human brain. He uses social media to his advantage and still manages to keep a good distance from it.

Mate, the internet was working just fine until the kikes started shitting all over it with their anti piracy policies, their shilling and astroturfing of every site that is even mildly popular, their net neutrality legal pushes, etc.

Giving the internet to the normalfags is probably the main reason Trump was able to get elected. Without the kikes ruining this place I think they would probably self segregate into normie areas and wouldn't really bother us. As usual it's the kikes we need to worry about first.

Can't get shit done without email, and the newest basic phones FUCKING SUCK compared to Samsung slider phones from nearly a decade ago, that had the ability to tether and BLOCK CALLS WITH A SINGLE DIGIT. Don't want calls from anybody with a 7 in their number? Fine. Want to block calls from hidden numbers? Got it.

Now for anyone wanting to eschew technology and live off the land, I have a few questions.
1: Do you own a sizeable parcel of land, suitable for raising animals for labor and food, as well as farmland for growing vegetables and grains for your own needs, as well as those of your animals?
2: Do you know how to do anything in question 1?
3: Do you want to spend your every waking moment maintaining your farm so you don't starve to death when something wipes out your crops or kills your animals?

If you're going to live simply to continue existing, technology frees up your time so you can spend that free time learning skills, languages, martial arts, and improving your physical fitness.

Do you have reputable sources for these claims? Besides none of that will matter when augmentation occurs.

Trump doesn't like computers likely because he's old

That's not how farming works in a world of carefully husbanded crop varieties. Hell, it wasn't how it worked with the shittier ones. The only reason a farmer would have to slave away is if they're actually a slave to the local lord or government who takes nearly all of what they grow.

The problem isn't technology, it is how we position ourselves within the technological framework. As consumers we shouldn't have niggertech like cellphones when it means we instead do not colonize other planets. When instead of reaching for our destiny we empower the greed and worthless tamagotchi gesture otherness of consumer fetish fondle slabs.

Can we go back? No, not really. But we can stop wasting wealth and the GDP of the world by creating new models of smartphones every year, which again only serves to make the chinese and coastal elites wealthy with horrifically inflated fiat currency.

Has the world been improved by every tumblr communist and SJW trash having immediate and mobile access to the global information network? No, unless you say that culturally T.H.E.Y. and their useful idiots pushed too hard and too fast, and without that we wouldn't be seeing the current revival of traditionalism. Barring that, I could see no positive, at all.

We need LESS things to help the chinese and indians support their grotesquely impoverished human bulk. Less vaccines, less (((foreign aid))). If that means the wealth disparity between a chinese peasant in Changdu and a White American or European living on the moon or Mars is astronomical, then so be it. Fuck the bleeding heart bullshit. All lives are not equal, by a long fucking shot.

you fucking what?

To the transfer points. Using what would most likely be Hohmann transfers, wherein you could aerobrake initially around the upper Martian atmosphere until the maneuver takes you outside the atmosphere entirely.

The key was transfer points.

Sources are easy as fuck to find, go do a google search or a google scholar search, this isn't exactly a secret.

I'm not the one making the argument so burden of proof is on you. I wouldn't waste the time though, I don't particularly care about any side effects

This is logocentric prejudice, user. Logocentric views privilege thought over speech and speech over writing. So they insist that people in direct contact with one another ought to communicate with one another with speech. But this is simply dogma.

If, when given the option between voice comm and text comm the people choose to use text comm to more efficiently and effectively communicate ideas then this undermines logocentrism.

Let people communicate however they want to communicate, don't force them to speak to one another instead of text just because you think that there's something magically more important about speaking over writing.

Thank you based uncle teddy!

It's not magical, it's subtle. Verbal communication involves more than the text and ideas that are said. Face-to-face verbal communication creates potential for nonverbal communication. There's eye contact. Posture and facial reactions. You get to see what the other person looks like, what their environment looks like (what if your brother looks like he's coming down with sickness, or if his room messier than usual, or if you see some emotion on his face that wouldn't be obvious if he had only texted?) Texting strips the communication down to the words with little potential for detecting things that aren't explicitly stated, and it stunts development of nonverbal communication skills.

I'm not making an argument. I'm stating facts and laying down a path for whoever is interested enough and motivated enough to follow it and better themselves. If that doesn't include you then so be it.