So DC teamed up with KFC. Then Sonic teamed up with Hooters. Now Marvel is teaming up with Northrop Grumman

So DC teamed up with KFC. Then Sonic teamed up with Hooters. Now Marvel is teaming up with Northrop Grumman.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/aeT3q
io9.gizmodo.com/heres-marvels-canceled-promo-comic-for-defense-contract-1819898744
archive.is/L9I71
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What the fuck?

It appears some people are upset.

I can't wait to see what kind of crazy, off-the-wall fun stories we will get from combining science fiction with a science research company.

fix'd that for you

You know how people always preach about how Marvel is incredibly bad a business?

Yeah.

I can't wait ti see how this pans out

I don't really blame them.

I mean, comic companies are massive sell-outs, but you'd imagine there'd be some ethical line they wouldn't cross. Maybe a line that would be drawn just before "teaming up with a company who's major products are ICBMs and bombers".

It's kind of a questionable area to be in that most companies would try avoid.

Maybe they really do want to un-SJW thier lineup, but rather than just doing it, leading to a possible "strike" by the SJW creatives, they're just pulling a stunt that will make them all quit.
…except that's not how these entryists work, they'll cling to thier jobs AND strike, Marvel will have to back down, and the manure will continue to flow.

oh boy this won't go well

I remembered there was a Superman comic for the Man of Steel movie that featured Sears in it. Seeing the movie I get why due to product placement it just seems weird.

I was waiting to see how the faggots would bend over backwards to work this into their "MARVEL IS SJW PROPAGANDA" conspiracy theories.

You better save some of that tinfoil for when Legacy starts in earnest. You'll need it.

Do you try to be this stupid? I mean really.

More likely than not, Disney arranged this on their behalf. I can't imagine any of the faggots inside Marvel Comics willingly setting up something like this. I doubt anyone on Marvel's executive staff would have the balls to try and drive away all their faggoty kool-aid swilling artists and writers by tainting the company's image.

wait what?
I was wondering why I kept seeing Rouge in Hooters outfit everywhere

The guys who made the B2 stealth bomber.

Was that the one shot down during the Baltic wars by people who didn't know it was invisible?

Will probably turn out better than Toy Story 4.

You're thinking of the F-117.

But Marvel being a mouthpiece for ultra-left ideologues is completely factual and demonstrable. Where does the "theory" come into play?

Ignore that faggot
He does it in every marvel thread
He's convinced that marvel is just trying to make money (like all their events in the past)and there's no ideological motivations.
Because you know all these sjw books are just raking in money amirite, OH WAIT no they aren't

Marvel is run by Jews, War is a Jewish money making scheme. Why are any of you surprised by this?

Tell me the ideological motivations behind Legacy. I want to hear how the SJW benefit from bringing back all the white male characters.

Everything you said was a completely stupid and nonsensical conspiracy theory you cooked up because you had no idea how comics work.

Marvel doesn't need complicated plans to "drive sjws off books". All they would have to do, and what they're probably going to do, is simply continue publishing sjw titles then cancel them once they start dipping below 7000 units sold and reach a nice, even number for trade paper back. Phase old stuff out, phase in new stuff. Marvel wouldn't need to worry about backlash because cancelling low selling books is something that happens all the fucking time. The really sjw writers and artists would be out, leaving behind only the most spineless of them to kowtow to editorial demands.

As for your "strike" idea, anyone even mentioning a strike would be instantly fired. The Big Two have an extremely low tolerance for anything that could be even mildly construed as "unionization".

With all of this in mind, I safely say that you're a fucking retard.

Books get canned once they dip below 7,000 units sold and hit enough issues for a trade paper-back. How hard is that to understand?

Until then, they'll keep publishing them, because they only print the amount of comics ordered by shops, which means that as long as they're above 7,000, they're making back the cost of producing them plus some profit.

Fucking seriously.

At this point this faggot has been bitching about sjw's across the board like a moronic aids infected donkey. Yeah everyone knows they're there but constantly focusing on them and using them in almost every sentence structure shows off an obvious obsession for them and for no other thought than to focus on one sole topic. Id even go as far as to accuse the fucker of being responsible for the over saturation of SJW bitching threads, with 85% of them getting deleted because how low quality they are, along with their obvious bait like OP and the general focus to just bitch about SJWs when we already have thread discussing about them along with other subjects.
Pic related, just replace Holla Forums with Holla Forums and niggers for SJWs.

Why? Who thought that it would be a good idea? What does a defense company have to gain by putting product placement in a comic? Are they hoping that 30 year old nerds and hipsters will come to work for them? Are they hoping that comic book readers will buy their rockets?

Perlmutter is probably the only one of them who would be willing to do this and with connections to pull it off.

It was over Balkans. Serbs used Soviet era tech, borderline outdated weaponry, and Slavic technosorcery to detect the plane and shoot it down.

They were only able to shoot it down when the bomb bay doors were open, along with the fact it was on a coordinated bombing run, they planted a modified soviet missile system with a modern (for the time) long wave radar in its path and got a hit with 50% accuracy using two misses.
>vid related its also 1am here and im too tired to webm shit
Hell even the rusky general at the time over seeing the serb shoot down admits to this being the case. Another similar example would be when the SR-71 used to make its rounds across the USSR, the Russians didn't try to track the plane alone because it was too damn fast but instead they tracked the tanker planes following the SR-71 because the plane had to make frequent gas stops to stay in the air, it only reached fuel efficiency when it reached top speed. So using the flight paths of the tanker planes and reported instances within their own country, they managed to track the SR-71's flight path putting their own mach 3 speed demon in front of it, scaring the shit out of the American pilot and when detected causing the man to hit the gas and fly away at near mach 3.5.

Plus, things have evolved since those 2 decades have passed and we're seeing stealthy air frames coming from countries that deemed stealth as a hat trick all those years ago.

You can honestly copy and paste it with any company and technically yes, comic book movies are a hit with kids, so the mindset is advertise with the main studio/ company to spread brand recognition among a younger generation. They wouldn't know any better because its run by mostly normal people and not internet autists, they only see the successes of the movies and decided to make a quick marketing blitz to inspire the little ones..

Was this Ike's idea?

The tie-in comic is pulled and cancelled amid outrage.

have you ever been so high that your brain turned into a topographical map?

That was fast.

Newfag your shift key is broken.

What the fuck did they expect?

I don't know why liberals are so upset about this, Marvel is just doing what Hillary Clinton does.

lol

Neoliberalism is amazing. It's how millions of people can rationalize supporting Hillary Clinton as a progressive choice.

I always see that pic and still can't find it…anyone knows where the original came from?

If the art style is any indication, its probably from the Boys.

that's hitman you pleb

It's from preacher.

Man, why can't people just learn to leave companies be so they can do stupid shit for the sake of money?

No I've almost done with the boys and can't be that

Oh, sweet now I know what to read next week cheers user. Have some tits

Official statement from Marvel:

There you go.

Well that's something I thought won't happen for a while.

Damn, I was excited to see what kind of weird shit came out of this.

Its about Northrop Grumman so I doubt it would be interesting to read.

Wasn't the whole point of that to show how much better the new diverse replacements are? Plus they're not even really bringing back the old characters if my understanding is correct.

Why am I not surprised?

Only after checking what blocklists the critic's twitter is on.

They might as well of teamed up with the NRA.

They're not though. Thor's still unworthy, Tony hasn't been confirmed for returning/getting out of his coma, and Cyclops is still dead. I'm not sure on Banner though. They can't bring back Steve Rogers, since he never went away. He got old, then he became a Nazi and rather then think of way out of it, they just magic'd him away and brought back a version of classic Steve from somewhere. Apparently Falcon still has the shield or at least a shield. They did bring back Wolverine, but there's still 4 or 5 knockoffs running around so it's all watered down.

Moon Girl, America, and Riri still exist with editors saying they're committed to the diverse characters. Miles is still called Spider-Man with a push to get him into every cartoon, video game, and now movie they make. Legacy was just a shitty scramble of an event to pay lip service to classic Marvel with no intention of returning things to a pre-SJW state.

Northrop Grumman is pretty cool company, I don't know why did everyone get their shit to tied around because of this.

I'll bite, why are they cool, user?

That's my understanding of the situation, but please, feel free to sperg out for another three posts.

Any weapons manufacturers make ton of cool shit.

They make cool fighters and help with space-aeronautical shit.
Image also related.

Its a shame that they ended their partnership with a weapons manufacturer since their comics are already bombing

user, they own it. They can sit on it forever or shove it out a decade from now. As long as they have enough issues for it, they don't care.

The F-14 is kill user. Only the Iranians fly it now.

Certainly, but it was still a great fighter.

You'll be first over the wallfence'stronger technical border', Carlos.

No, B2 is the one that costs 2 billion dollars and explodes on the ground.

Well duh, because things evolved enough that having a stealth doesn't means having a plane that looks and handles like a clothes iron.

Getting rich off of government subsidies is totally cool, user.

It's supposed to explode in order to prevent it from being recovered and reverse engineered. The problem was that they forgot to explode one of them thus everyone found out about the stealth tech.

So they wanted controversy

archive.fo/aeT3q

"In Japan" should have been the takeaway there.

io9 finally has the full comic for everyone to read.

Read more:
io9.gizmodo.com/heres-marvels-canceled-promo-comic-for-defense-contract-1819898744
archive.is/L9I71

You know, in the real world people would be jumping at the bit to get a journalist with half as many crime busts, all of whom have handguns, as Peter Parker to testify all of New York's gun control has been a complete and utter failure.

Really though, I could easily see a Power Pack/Eddie the Eagle crossover.

I wouldn't call using tractor tires as radar jammers techno anything but it is very Slavic.

Arms manufacturers aren't as bad as bankers. At least Arms manufacturers employ workers and build cool things.

Nothing can stop the Northrop Grumman multicultural force

Funny enough the NRA has become more gun control over the years.

They've been since at least 1934.