NYCC THREAD - COMICS ARE DEAD AND WE'RE ALL PISSING ON IT'S CORPSE

New York Comic Con starts today, and this is the thread for predictions/news from that hell-hole.

My predictions

Let the fun begin.

Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/36734-nintendo-arms-comics-coming-in-2018.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entryism
archive.fo/ZHqwZ
archive.fo/Bwcxd
comicsbeat.com/nycc-17-liveblog-geoff-johns-and-lev-grossman-unveil-the-secrets-of-doomsday-clock/
archive.is/GwmjQ
newsarama.com/36834-classic-sonic-the-hedgehog-writer-returns-for-april-relaunch.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Gas attack a la Chicago furry convention

They're going to announce a MCU/Star Wars crossover 2020

So… don't want any of you pull a Vegas-run on it?

Did they catch the guy who did that?

It begins.

lovely. I doubt they will change anything but it's still nice to know it happened.

Not as a movie

That's really the best point I've heard so far. I really want to know what the fuck Marvel was thinking replacing so many characters at once, especially popular characters. Replacing an old hero with a new one is usually done for poorly selling characters or events.

I really want to know what Marvel's sales plan was for this. Did they expect shops to buy more of their books if they replaced that many characters? Were they trying to run a "first appearance" scam on them?

they don't have one. They are operating under a cult mentality. I also imagine a certain chosen people are keeping them afloat while their sales plummet. These people are willing to take the ship down with them though, just so long as they aren't giving in to "bigots".

it was a furry that was following online directions on how to remove cum stains on his fursuit.

they just never fucking learn.

You're kinda new here, aren't you? Simply saying "well they're sjw" is the easy, and wrong, answer.

Marvel and DC are inept scam-artists constantly engaging in schemes to make a lot of cash as fast as possible. They've been that way since forever. If you hear about the Big Two doing anything, it's them trying to rip suckers off.

Which brings us to Marvel's current situation. I want to know what bizarre leap of logic that made Marvel think that replacing a lot of characters would make them a lot of money. There's some Dunning–Kruger effect shit going on here.

Yes they did

There's no sales plan. Marvel is infested by virtue signaling SJW who are trying to use the comics to do "activism" and with the obvious backlash, the only excuse they can regurgitate is that comic buyers are "misogynistic" or "racist". Female Thor was a clear example of that. Jason Aaron even included Gamergate jokes and villains throwing "misogynistic" jokes to Jane Foster

They haven't learned their lesson if they're still going to put out crap like this

You know, every time he does that, he puts somebody out of work.

Just take that in a moment. The co-publisher of DC comics is actively putting comic writers out of work.

I hope they get struck down by the Bill Gaines Curse.

that's where you're wrong. They were that way initially, but at some point they all drank the koolaid. At some point you need to look up the interviews done with the Target stockholders about the CEO and how he is more than willing to sacrifice sales and the entire company for "progress". You'll find a lot of parallels with current year Marvel, especially how they just spout out liberal one liners when their business practice is questioned.

user, he's intentionally making the first word of every sentence a lowercase, letter. Its nothing more than a shitposter, that's been shitting around the board, ignore and report.

I get that you want to talk about Target and shit, but that's not Holla Forums related, and neither is the comparison. You have no concept of how the bizarre hell-scape that is the comics industry works.

For example, you keep thinking that if they were going to change shit, they'd do it today. Comics don't work that way. All of this shit that's happening now was planned months, or even years, in advance. That's how long it takes before comic companies feel safe in attempting any new risks, and to change this current pandering cycle would be no different. There would have to be planning meeting after planning meeting, choosing titles, picking creative teams, etc. before Marvel would be ready to roll out a new pandering cycle.

If you're looking for any real change in Marvel's output, you're going to have to wait until the middle of next year at the earliest.

What's the point even arguing with BigTwoFag? He always pulls the same song and dance every time the topic turns this way and he never changes his tune.

I get the big two have always pulled cheap gimmicks to drum up sales, but for how long are going to keep using this excuse to dismiss what is an obvious narrative push occurring not only at Marvel and DC, but independents like Image and IDW? I don't understand how this can still be considered a PR stunt when it has been going for years with continued dwindling sales. Shouldn't they have pivoted to another wacky PR stunt by now? Instead they just keep finding new excuses to keep doing it more and in new ways. We see these same narratives being forced in all forms of media and throughout public and private institutions. Yet, when it comes to comics, arguably one of the oldest and most blatant platforms of literal propaganda, it is just a gimmick to drum up sales, even though the gimmick is embedded into their culture and sales have only been going down.

Please see

Everyone who works at DC and Marvel are terrible businessmen. If they're going to change, you won't see it until the middle of next year at the earliest.

But in the meantime, I can safely say that Marvel is probably taking everything the retailers say very seriously. It's one thing to have neckbeards mad at you, it's a completely different thing to have the shops mad at you.

They've been pissy at Marvel for years; right around when the MCU came out and they butchered attempts to tie in comics so any new blood was scared off. Hell, probably a bit longer since they were trying a bunch of renumbering and events right before the MCU.

Marvel ignores retailers and takes the hit while Disney keeps them afloat with the movie money.
They care so little about LCSs that they gave out thousands of issues of comics to retailers that couldn't be sold just so the Diamond stats would be in their favour.

Can't make a new thread for some reason so I'll post this here:

Nintendo ARMS Comics Coming In 2018

Source: newsarama.com/36734-nintendo-arms-comics-coming-in-2018.html

Thoughts?

At least crap like that can just disappear quietly when everyone hates them.

Exactly. Guaranteed to be a crap shoot.

YOU WERE SO CLOSE TO BEING THE BETTER COMPANY.

Mite b cool. ARMS is a game that sells itself on personality and style. I'd like to learn more about the characters and their world and maybe see more of that cute clown girl.

You think Dark Horse is the best pick and not a manga house instead?

Hell, any European Graphic Novel publisher would've been a better choice.

First off, stop namefagging. That shit don't fly here.
Secondly, it depends on who is writing it, but it could simply be that Dark Horse is handling publishing and distribution, which makes them better suited for an issue-by-issue release, instead of doing trade volumes which take longer and would not guarantee as much interest and sales.

What are you talking about? Was there some give away or something? Because Marvel doesn't give shops anything. Shops have to order comics. Do you think shops engage in some kind of subscription service?

If you're talking about the sjw explosion of comics, that was a classic example of how comic companies turn a boom into a bust. Marvel saw some success with their earlier "hashtag" books, and shops saw some new readers come in. Marvel, being morons, flooded the market with hashtag books and shops bought them up thinking they'd solve the dwindling readership problem. The result was what new readers they had got drowned out and shops were left with a mountain of unsellable drek. Since that drek was non-returnable, shops need to recoup their losses, which is why they're after Marvel to stop all this bullshit and come out with consistent product.

As for the whole "Disney is propping Marvel up", that's a bunch of crap. If Disney was keeping Marvel afloat, then Marvel would've downsized to a skeleton crew churning out reprints by now. Since they haven't, it can be assumed they're generating enough income to prevent that from happening.

You deserve to be mocked.

They're not an unusual choice to go with considering that they've been publishing Nintendo art books (Zelda and Splatoon) lately. Plus if you're aiming at the western audiences, outsourcing to a western publisher experienced with external IPs is more straightforward than doing a manga and then licensing it for localization.

But they are doing a "trade". Note that it says graphic novel, not a ongoing.

Go be a retard somewhere else.

Better for me, I suppose. I can buy this shit without having to wait 2 years for the trade. As long as Dark Horse is just doing distribution and not hiring in-house "talent" to do the book, I'll probably check it out. Joe Ng's art is fucking phenomenal, at least.

It's like you wanted people to know you were a casual.

Could you at least know what you're talking about before shitting on it?

That book came out 5 years ago dingus

He's talking about that whole "dark universe" they teased would follow Metal. It's just another label that may occasionally interact with the mainstay DC lineup.

They're not making anybody into niggers, calm your fuckin tits

It's like none of you even left half/co/. Ironic considering this 'fake news' LARPing posting is what killed that forum effectively.

I can understand if you all have fatigue from Marvel's unending torrent of bullshit but don't lump everyone else in with having their level of standards.

What "crimes" did DC ever do? Botch your favorite character or team and then undid the damage in some multiverse adjustment event?

That was almost ten years ago and everyone has learned that McDuffie was a bit of an asshole. Kinda like Waid but if he had any semblance of chill.

>First off, stop namefagging.
Explanation needed for definition of term.

Basic reading comprehension is a rarity on the internet.

In-house talent is probably inevitable, but I imagine that anything that Nintendo hasn't come up with has to be approved by them first.

They crippled comics forever by taking advantage of the great comic book scare to annihilate their competition through the Comics Code Authority. DC had joint control of the organization, and used it to go after other publishers, drive them out of business, and then buy the remains for cheap. DC devastated the romance, horror, and crime genres, both prolonging the popularity of superhero comics and killing off the massive adult audience comics built up during World War 2. DC's actions are still something comics are dealing with today.

And that's just one of the terrible things DC has done.

Then you're entirely too new to post and must return to lurking until you understand this place, or leave and never return.

While lately DC has been better than Marvel, they did more harm to the industry as a whole. Besides Comic Code as explained, DC fucked over numerous creators. Starting from Superman creators up until to shafting people working in Vertigo few years ago and allegedly misleading Frank Cho year ago.

I'm surprised Marvel doesn't have a comic line just for that MCU audience, because they are really shooting themselves in the foot with the diversity push.

Hopefully when they mean the new age of heroes is actual NEW superheroes and not diversity replacements for the existing ones like Marvel.

Could be interesting. Not exactly the first pick for a Nintendo series comic adaption but maybe it's newness and vague universe may be the reason for it getting a comic series to help flesh it out.

It gets better. This pic related smells of false-flagging to be honest, it looks like this was written by what an SJW thinks "nerdrage" is like without saying any obvious slurs, like faggots, niggers and cocksleeves.

Guy's a sjw yellow journalist. It's crappy click-bait.

Reminder that just because you don't like what someone says doesn't mean you can discount it immediately.

I don't think Dark Horse has any "in-house talent".

“Entryism (also referred to as entrism or enterism, or as infiltration) is a political strategy in which an organisation or state encourages its members or supporters to join another, usually larger, organisation in an attempt to expand influence and expand their ideas and program. In situations where the organization being "entered" is hostile to entrism, the entrists may engage in a degree of subterfuge and subversion to hide the fact that they are an organisation in their own right.”
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entryism

you're correct the genocide of one group of people isn't as bad as the genocide of another group of people

It's like Marvel wants me to suffer.

not even glue worthy

Marvel would over ship books on books that were doing awful without telling shops they were going to do it. Mosaic and the girl Hawkeye book were 2 I can remember being named. Basically Marvel gave shops books they didn't order or pay for directly, but the shops would still have to pay whatever extra shipping came on those books. All so Marvel could look a bit better in the diamond charts.

Just give me the fucking Power Pack shirt she wears.

you deserve it for liking gwenpool tbh

Just like every longtime successful company ever
Arguably forgivable considering 50s comics were schlock and all those genres are portrayed monumentally better in film
This is de rigeur in the entertainment industry; if you're going to burn DC in effigy for it you may as well include everyone else

It's impossible to genocide communists. genocide is the deliberate killing of a large group of people. communists aren't people.

joked

But it didn't make them look better in the dollar share, since that part only counts books ordered, not books shipped.

Personally, I feel they aren't doing that to look better in the charts, but rather to push other books off the racks. Everything Marvel has been doing recently suggests that they're once again trying to kill off the competition, this time through over saturation. Double shipping, shipping FREE comics, variants, events, tie-ins. They're drowning the market in product.

I have a feeling Legacy is going to pulling the same shit, but nobody will notice it since it won't be SJW crap.

Now that's optimistic.

I don't think Marvel's going to suddenly reverse almost five years of creative decline, but I do think they'll change their content just enough to placate the fanbase.

This will leave them free to bilk retailers with a WEEKLY AVENGERS SERIES WITH LENTICULAR COVERS.

Still seeing Whor on that cover.

>joked

They're going to build that shit up, fam. They're going to keep fanboys in suspense until they finally have Thor be Thor and shops will buy the shit out of it.

You've got to be careful because you're getting invested in this crap, which is what Marvel wants.

We'll find out what's going on with Whor when Thor #700 comes out on the 18th.

It costs $6 dollars.

That's some pretty shit art there.

It's a homage.

The Rick and Morty thread is going to love this.

Then it's a shitty homage then.

Bleeding Cool's attempt to deplatform Marvel critics is being backed by Marvel. Marvel basically cut Rich Johnston a good amount of money to shill Legacy, do shit like the Stan Lee video or use the anti-GG connections and strategies to silence critics.
The irony is that Rich has far fucking more to hide than the folks rightfully calling out Marvel on their shit. Joe Glass is a know pedophile and nearly got arrested a couple of years back for molesting a 12-year old. The family refused to press charges because they didn't want to put their kid through the trauma of a trial. The whole thing was hushed up and Rich knows all about it when he hired him. He's also sent anonymous death threats to Howard Chaykin (who laughed them off).
Meanwhile Jude Terror physically assaulted one of his ex-boyfriends and threw scalding hot water on him, which if you are familiar with what scalding hot water can do to the flesh? Not pretty. The ex barely escaped his horrific fate by ducking and ended up having to flee from the house and leaving all of his shit behind which Jude sold before he could recover it. Both are textboot case for mentally ill psychos, one is a pedo and the other is a abuser, yet both are fucking acting like they are above reproach and are able to silence critics. Rich knows all about this shit and he is terrified that it will come out that he is employing a pedo and spousal abuser. Hence him allowing his employees to try and silence them. Rich, who has a cocaine addiction that Marveil is paying for, supports them but has barely created enough of a plausible deniability firewall to protect him from the worst of the blowback.

Diversity & Comics is pissing a lot of the old guard (who are also part of the Social Justice Mafia) in the comic journalism. These folks are pretty much the cardinals and bishops of the social justice death cult. High ranking shits who hold a lot of sway over the narratives being pushed. Diversity & Comics is basically Martin Luther coming along nailing his list of heresies on the church door, calling the old guard on their bullshit. They want Diversity & Comics dead and anyone similar to it, so they can kill any and all attempt to hijack the narrative. They barely control the narrative as it is, but with Youtube, they have discovered too late that if you IP ban comment section posters and only post blowjob stories supporting the death cult or shitting on comic book fans, people will abandon them and go to Youtube for reviews. These assholes already saw that Youtube did to video game websites; you push the SJW crap too much, people will say fuck it, and stop going to your website/ go to Youtbue to watch Lets Plays and worship PewDiePie.
(cont.)

(cont.)
Mark Waid's threat of violence against Diversity & Comics? Marvel knew Waid was going to threaten them and approve it. In particular, two of the milkshake brigade? Told Waid they have no problem with him beating up the guy. I won't name which ones because I want these women to live in fear that they will be outed and exposed. But they knew and were actively wanting violence comitted against them. Violence Ward, ever the white knight, was more than willing to engage in to impress m'ladies who drink milkshake and take slefies rather than DO THEIR JOBS AS EDITORS
Marvel is TERRIFIED that Legacy is going to bomb big. The reaction currently going on right on New York is just the opening gauntlet of a very bad next couple of months. Rich is furious too, because he is working on commission and his Marvel overlords are not happy that's failed to move the narrative in the pro-SJW direction. Rich is terrified that the ex-boyfriend of his top hatchetman might come forward with the comic book journalism version of the Zoe Post detailing how Jude Terror has engaged in physical violence against his various boyfriends which is a tad more damning than the accusations made against Zoe.
He's also terrified that someone will dig up dirt and supposedly its out there of Joe Glass being a kiddie fiddler. Rich knows he could survive oen of his top writers engaging in spousal abuse, but he can't survive hiring a pedophile or having a pedophile on his payroll AND a man who physically abuses his boyfriends.
Rich has a lot of hinging on his shit. He BARELY managed to save the anti-American Audrey Sitterson. Hasbro wanted him fired after the GJ community openly disowned/disavowed IDW and their GI Joe books. IDW had to cash in pretty much ALL of their IOUs to keep that from happening. And one of their IOUs was Rich Johnston on behalf of IDW contacting Hasbro and basically whoring himself and Bleeding Cool otu to white knight IDW from any fall-out from Sitterson. In particular, he blamed everything on Diversity & Comics and slandered them to Hasbro as "the real villain" of the scandal. In the end, he managed to save Sitterson's job by offering glowingly shill of all IDW books. Rich has many friends at IDW, this is the comic version of "doing it for free" as he has already attacked critics of the commercial flop of a MASK reboot and shilled the transgendered robots of Transformers Lost Light
Indeed, even if Legacy was not a ticking time bomb of fails and AIDS, the Sitterson incident alone would have motivated Rich to sick his attack dogs onto Diversity & Comics and their Youtube ilk. Rich and Sitterson are close, since Sitterson used to deliver a lot of dirt to Rich for his columns. But going after Sitterson, made Rich all more receptive when Marvel went into Judge Silver mode and told Rich to do whatever it took to crush the "wrongthink" insurrection going on in comics journalism on Youtube.
Winter is here and the war has begun. Marvel editorial plans on making Legacy the hill they will die on. And Bleeding Cool and their ilk will soon burn the industry and comic fandom to the ground if they can't turn the industry into Apokolips with Gabby Rivera and her ilk as Darkseid and his royal court of degenerates.

DC TO REVIVE THE MILESTONE IMPRINT
archive.fo/ZHqwZ

That is going to be a fucking disaster.

DC TO RELAUNCH VERTIGO TO COINCIDE WITH THE 25TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE IMPRINT
archive.fo/Bwcxd

I'm placing my bets on the latter.

Well, at least Kyle Baker is working on Static, so that might be goo…

Oh, so he's only doing the art. He isn't writing. Still, it could be…

Aw fuck.

You need to get out.

So finally Marvel told Jason Aaron to fuck off?
Also because this "thor" is Jane Foster (and a terminal patient version of her), that means she will die of breast cancer?

I'm calling it now, this is what's going to happen. The worst bit is how fucking RACIST shit like this is. You have a black character? You have an infinte amount of potential stories you can make, and what will they do every time?
O-oh-okay, I mean, sure I guess that's ok to do , since you can't do that with a white character. What happens after this story arc?
Look guys, can you at least introduce a racist supervillain for him to fight?
Guys, this isn't even a superhero comic, this is just-

Exactly. I dislike the black segregationist propaganda running rife through the entertainment industry. Every notable figure in the original civil rights movement would want nothing to do with those hack jobs.

You don't need to fan fiction this shit. Just look at what Hudlin did to Black Panther.

Oh man am I stoked to have my favorite hero completely ruined and then be called racist because I don't like it.

Preview for the upcoming Doomsday Clock.

Nobody can stay dead can they?

I'm sure somebody has a fucking boner for this bullshit.

Uh-oh.

The interview is worse.

Because blaming Didio isn't as merchandisable as a fucking Watchmen sequel.

Oh fuck. You know this is going to be a deep book.

Yes, "quirky" is exactly the term I would use for rapists and pyschopaths.

It sounded promising until that moment. I really like the idea behind putting hope and fun back into the superhero universe, so even if the event is shit, the end result might be good.

Johns doesn't have a fucking clue what the Watchmen was critiquing.

Like what? Some bullshit about hope?

Is 1992 important because DC killed off Superman in a sales stunt?

Fuck, is Johns going turn Dr. Manhattan into another yellow space bug?

Johns doesn't fix characters. He only murders and lobotomizes.

comicsbeat.com/nycc-17-liveblog-geoff-johns-and-lev-grossman-unveil-the-secrets-of-doomsday-clock/

Why do these dipshits think this? Most african countries can't get along with each other what makes them think they'll accept african americans with open arms?

If it was going to be good, they would be going after Identity Crisis, not the fucking Watchmen.

Because in america there's "black solidarity," where niggers feel the need to support each other no matter what. It's basically a holdover from slaves not knowing what nation the actually came from, so the "nation" they choose is their skin color. In the same way Americans often don't realize that other countries don't care about things like "individual rights," the blacks don't realize that African countries hate each other just like every white country in Europe hates each other.

Uh…

???

Did those niggers even do anything in the civil rights movement, or did they latch themselves onto the tail end of it like parasites for their own personal game?

African countries mostly retain the arbitrary borders Britain and France gave them, the tribes within them hate each other, too.
Wakanda is supposed to be super developed because it was never colonised and is thus, I presume, composed of just one tribe. Everybody in the country is "on the same page" race, culture and "soul" wise, and so they all work well together and can make progress.

Just because bad practices are common in certain industries, that does not mean that they should not be criticized or go unchallenged. Accepting unethical and borderline illegal practices only hurts industries and consumers in the long run. Faggots who think like (((you))) are part of the reason why American comics are in the horrid state today.

Just when I thought DC was doing mildly decent for once

They didn't do it in August, as far as I know. This was earlier in the year.

I looked high and low but there was no sign of a NSFW doujin booth like the last two or so years. Not that I ever bought anything or browsed there but I kinda admired its existence. What happened?

You've been say the same shit here for years at this point, and again your blabbing about reprints again for some reason. You're almost Holla Forums's biggest lolcow at this point.

Is he wrong?

OFFICIAL TRAILER FOR "HEY, ARNOLD! THE JUNGLE MOVIE".

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS BULLSHIT?
How blatantly insulting can they get?
Fuck DC. I'm done giving them money.

That's it. I'm done with DC. I'm not buying anything from them anymore.

I can't believe you faggots gave this a chance after what DC did to WatchmeX.

It still pisses me off.

The series went to shit when the Comedian returned.

Got a torrent?

Wasn't that a scene in the Day after Tomorrow?

I want this all to come out. I want the industry to burn so we can rebuild it from the ground up.

Attendees at today's Vertigo panel got an exclusive Sandman poster.

By Jim Lee.

This doesn't bode well for the imprint.

Yeah, I'm sure Holla Forums posters are true entrepreneurs who will come to the rescue and revitalize a dead industry.

I honestly kinda wanna cry after reading that

I was under the impression that only Manhattan would be returning and Ozymandias back when I thought he was gonna be Mr. Oz, and I was okay with it since I thought Doomsday Clock was supposed to be a metacommentary in the vein of Infinite Crisis, even if it's critique was misplaced It was Watchmen's half-assed imitators that ruined comics, not Watchmen itself, and I think lumping it in with shit like the works of Rob Liefeld and Identity Crisis is disingenuous. Now seeing as how they just wanna make a sequel, clearly learning nothing from Before Watchmen, I've lost what little hope I had that this series could possibly be good. Brining back Rorschach? Really? Oh, and Johns is taking a big fat shit on Watchmen's ending, too. He really doesn't understand Watchmen, which is fucking pathetic considering it wears it's critique of the superhero genre on it's goddamned sleeve. I bet he thinks Watchmen was nothing but a grimdark superhero story, which is why it's bad and ruined the genre when it got popular. I never thought I'd say this, but I feel awful for Alan Moore.

What is Gwenpool anyways? Just a parody of self inserts?

Nope, it's played straight.

I think the only (You) here is quite literally you, freedumb fighter. Alone.

What good could he even do with bringing him back? His journal still exists that all he needed to contribute.

These can't be real, did DC really try to make a Watchmen prequel/sequel with a title that sounds like a Mexican superhero parody (Watchmex seriously?) long before they made Before Watchmen?

It did happen but I think there was no wall.

I starting to think it been so long since the 80's superhero comics era when Watchmen was relevant that DC is now trying to rewrite comics history because the majority of 80's fans would have moved on.

Goddamit, you fucking normies really have no idea when you're being attacked, do you?

Stop giving them the benefit of the doubt, they know very goddam well what they're doing. They're invading your space. This is a direct assault on all the things you hold dear. Thor already had a strong female character, Valkyrie. Do you think they considered give her her own book, instead of forcing out Thor and giving him his? No. Ask yourself why, if all this is is about representation. They know all you little shitlords love your perfect aryan superman, Thor. Well guess what, Cislord, she's a woman now, so deal.

As far as their sales plan, it really boils down to fuckit, Disney's pockets are deep, they'll pay for it, "the cause" above everything else, including profits. And honestly, don't give higher ups the benefit of the doubt that they care too much. The really high up ones have more money than they'll ever spend, and if they run out they can print more. Their goal is literally the entire fucking world, cultural marxism and social justice is just a tool they're using to achieve it. What does it matter if they spend a million, a billion, a hundred billion to achieve that if the end result is them owning everything.

***That is,

I should really get some sleep.

As an 80's baby who grew up on comics and loves Watchmen, all of this shit is an abomination, but damned if the idea of Batman stumbling upon Rorschach's journal and realizing the world is a lie didn't make my dingle tingle.

I'll treat it as nothing more than unofficial fanfic tier shit, but… am I wrong for wanting to read this, anons?

Nice job outing yourself.
>>>/reddit/

Ferguson isn't even the real issue for me. It's Hudlin writing about Ferguson that's the problem.

Yes, they did. And it was awesome. Much better than the shit they're churning out now.

Lurkmoar, faggot.

Tom Strong is going to show up in the upcoming Terrifics series. Nothing he's had a hand in is safe.

Also, they're making Simon Stagg a serious villain? Again? So much for "fun" in the DCU.

No shit. Almost everything is better than what we have now.

Ok, Moore gets a pass for signing a shit deal in the 80's. If he was dumb enough, with all the clout he wielded at the time, to sign another shit work for hire deal for ABC comics, I have no sympathy. I thought he owned all those characters.

Everything this user says is true because its happened to scifi literature and video games and everything else too. If it were just comics I'd assume it was Marvel and DC being bad at business, but it's not just that anymore.
Commies are trying to take over the world, very slowly, because decades ago they realized they couldn't do it by force.

my money is on that they will change how his mother dies from trying to save as many people as she can as a EMT, to being shot by a cop.

I thought so too, but CBR had an article explaining the situation.

archive.is/GwmjQ

The basic gist of it was that Alan Moore created America's Best Comics for Wildstorm as a way to keep his collaborators with a steady job after Awesome Comics closed up shop. For this purpose he created characters like Tom Strong, Promethea, the Top 10, etc. When Jim Lee sold Wildstorm to DC, they acquired ABC comics along with it and all of it's properties, including Moore's creations but not LOEG since that was negotiated in a separate contract.

As the history of the comic industry has taught me, no good deed goes unpunished.

Okay, Satan, that's a fair point.

What makes you think your explanation and his are mutually exclusive?

No. Even though I'm pissed off about what they're doing to Watchmen's legacy, they've been building up to this story for too damn long. I know I wanna see the conclusion to the entire Rebirth story, even if it is shit.

I'm sure this good news for people worried about gottagofast.

It would be great if IDW just pillages the fuck out of Archie's talent pool.

What the shit? The other thread
said Flynn wasn't involved.

I heard that too, but it was apparently a ruse.

newsarama.com/36834-classic-sonic-the-hedgehog-writer-returns-for-april-relaunch.html

Because his explanation hinges on Disney being willing to waste money for propaganda and mine hinges on Disney being money grubbing jews.

Marvel has 250 to 300 employees, offices on both coasts, and prints thousands, if not millions, of comics every month. If they were losing enough money that they would need Disney's support to even exist, then Disney would force Marvel to move offices to Burbank, severely downsize them, and have the majority of their product be reprints of old material. They would do the same thing Warner threatened to do to DC back in 2011.

It's my conclusion that Marvel is making some money, despite their latest fuck-ups. Which means that they'll probably turn this around and start pandering to movie-fags and neckbeards sometime next year.

FUCK NO

I hope you Sonic fans like forced lesbians and social justice, because that's what you're going to get.

They've got to fuck up everything in this world, don't they?

If SEGA didn't let them get away with Sonic crying in the Archie comics, what makes you think they'll let IDW add lesbians or SJW shit?

Nothing is safe.

THAT'S NOT EVEN THE INFERIOR FIVE.

THE INFERIOR FIVE WAS A FUCKING COMEDY BOOK ABOUT THE LOSER KIDS OF SUPERHEROES.

THAT IS EIGHTIES KID SHIT THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING.

WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING TO THE OBSCURE SHIT I LOVE?

…because there were lesbians in the Archie comics? Sally and Nicole. So I've read, I haven't actually ever read the Archie comics before.

Sums up most the people who bitch about Archie comics.

Sums up most of the people who bitch about Archie comics.

Why would I read shit?

Where the fuck is this Eyes Wide Shut shit from?

You don't have to read it, but it'd be nice if people would do basic research before getting offended.

#1-4 of the brand new comic will be released weekly (starting from the first Wednesday of April 2018), and starting from #5 monthly.

Also the last new Image title announcement from NYCC 2017 is 'Ice Cream Man', a series of one-shots by W. Maxwell Prince (One Week in the Library) and Martin Morazzo (Great Pacific, Snowfall) which will be "more Sandman-esque" and has the potential for extension depending on reception.

Oedipus Rex

I can't wait to see what current year Dumb Bunny will be like.

Virgil's mom was alive in the comics.

Yeah but the original Static comics were pretty trash. You're supposed to pick and choose the shit that made a character good and compile them, assuming there isn't a "quintessential" version of them in the public mind yet. The only thing worth taking from the original comics was Virgil's ghetto-ass gadgets, unlike the show which had Richie make some pretty unbelievable shit.

i dont remember much of the cartoon, but that shit would make me go full allahsnakbar in their HQ

Well yeah. Like I posted in she dies saving lives in the middle of a giant riot when the city is going apeshit because she refused to stop doing her job as an EMT.

Did anyone go?

Why does Twin Peaks resonate with soulless bugmen so much?

I'm assuming they mean diversity in the traditional sense, not the #HASHTAG sense. DC has been pretty diverse in their output recently, like they're trying to get back to the 90's.

That makes sense, since Dark Matter looks to be a repeat Bloodlines. I expect it yield the same results: Only one successful title and a bunch of dead IPs.

I'm sorry, but this is a pretty big accusation. Where is your proof that this even happened?

If Disney was smart they'd make a bunch of t-shirts jackets shorts and shoes like pic related

Can't blame people for the knee-jerk reaction, though. The context of the word has been tainted in a big way and carries specific connotations, especially in reference to comics, that don't typically mean "a variety of interesting and unique things"

It would be like someone talking about a project taking place in Europe which will promote multiculturalism. They may actually just mean between European countries like France and Germany, but everyone who has heard that word specifically attached to flooding their countries with immigrants will flinch at it's use.

The vice president of the Comics Magazine Association of America was Jack Liebowitz, vice president of DC comics, serving under John Goldwater, the organization's president and president of Archie Comics. DC comics never suffered under the Comics Code because all of their books met code guidelines because the code itself was based on DC's own internal code. Both DC and Archie benefited immensely from the code's implementation. The code caused the market to shrink by 50%, allowing DC and Archie to dominate newstands. In addition, the code put many comic companies out of business, allowing Jack Liebowitz to buy them up on the cheap, which is how DC acquired Plastic Man and Captain Marvel.

Yes, it did happen. Possibly the best example of DC's control over the Comics Code is Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen #44, published in 1960. Jimmy turns into a werewolf, even though werewolves were clearly prohibited by General Standards - Part B Section 5 of the Comics Code. For reference, General Standards Part B of the Comics Code wouldn't be revised until 1971, which just so happened to coincide with DC publishing horror comics.

I also looked into this after this post. What a disgrace.

You mean to tell me that DC and Archie are solely responsible for the degradation of western comics? The industry deserves to die.

so when does Holla Forums make its own comic

I'm pretty sure this has happened numerous times.

i never considered this before. they have the largest audience of casuals and new people in the history of the marketplace, getting all sorts of people in to take in the further adventures of the characters they just saw on screen. then they go into the store and nothing is the same. this may be the worst bungle in the history of publishing. this was a slam fucking dunk for them to explode in popularity and they decided to just confuse everyone. they could have elevated the characters while exploding in awareness *ACROSS THE PLANET.*

I've got a younger sister who got into comics because of the MCU movies. I took her to the only shitty comic store in our area a few times for free comic book day and even bought her a few books that she thought seemed interesting. In the end, she never picked up a single series or latched onto a specific on-going character. Instead, she goes to the library and signs out copies of the trade volumes of the big events from over a decade ago when everyone was still the characters that they are in the movies.

Holla Forums doesn't make comics, for obvious reasons.

Never knew the industry was nepotistic even back then.

Those seems like sound and interesting ideas to me

Remember that guy who wanted to make a comic about a cat with tits and killing god with a knife? I wonder what happened to him.

WELCOME TO THE COMIC INDUSTRY!

Seriously, this shit goes all the way back to the 90's. You know what was happening during BTAS? Knightfall.

His mom found out about it and he had to stop.

Why are they all sexual? Did these ideas come from tumblr?
Here's a bad webcomic idea:
a hippy struggles to feed all the cats he inherited from his crazy cat lady hoarder of a mother, gradually becoming more and more divided on the idea of either keeping them or burning down the house.

Based on writefag threads, at least a few people are working on stuff individually me being one of them. There was also a guy that posted part of the comic that he wrote and was drawn by artist he hired. It was pretty good.

No, they came from 4 Holla Forums

Where do you think we are?

omg why does she has a octopus shirt?
that's so wacky that it makes her an interesting character full of quirks and not a vapid self insert for the egotistical editor at all!
wait is that a shark backpack?
is she trying to molest me via lolrandom?

They should really just start releasing limited issue runs that basically just retell the stories of the famous characters anytime someone gets interested in them. Labeled them with giant spreads on the cover saying "FOR OUR NEW READERS!"

Unlike both of your explanations, mine hinges on Bob Iger wanting to run for President in 3 years and will do whatever it takes to up his stock in that situation. He's already ruined ESPN of all things and turned it into his own propaganda outlet, turned from a jewel into a loss leader so bad that it nearly neutralized the box office take of Star Wars 7, so I assume if he's willing to do that then everything is fair game including comics.

"That's not a werewolf, that's a 'wolf-man'. :^)" -DC

That only highlights comics problem of "ghettoization", which is a contributor to the over-all dwindling readership problem. Starting in the eighties, DC and Marvel tried to keep new readers and readers brought in through other media segregated from their core titles. For example, those coming in from Batman the Animated Series would be directed toward Batman Adventures and kept locked out of the core Batman title which was an inaccessible mess geared toward neckbeards.

It would be as if all majorly advertised games were for hardcore gamers, while casuals had to relegated to the kiddie pool. Ghettoization is like that. It interrupts the natural flow of fans into a medium by cutting off accessibility from the core products of the medium.

that last one would be approved in current year

She also has a squid backpack :)))

Given the state of the video game industry after constantly downgrading gameplay in order to appeal to casuals and the lowest common denominator, I would whileheartedly welcome such a thing if it gave good gameplay a chance to resurge due to having to appeal to hardcore or niche fans again.

Here's the deliemma: mediums need casuals to survive. You were at one time a casual, I was at one time a casual. There's a natural flow from casual, to fan, to hardcore fan. New blood comes in as old blood goes out.

In comics, this flow has completely halted, with disastrous results.

But anything would be better than the current method of throwing new readers into the gaping maw that is current ongoing storylines.

Don't lump all of us in with scum. The first game I ever owned and beat was Battletoads on the NES.

And at that time you were a casual, fuckface.

Compared to the current situation, kiddie pool for casuals would be an improvement. That way they could get their toes wet and venture out into other titles and lines.
In general, whole Big Two's way of setting up the Universe and continuity was pretty stupid. Comics would be much better off if they were handled like James Bond or Sherlock Holmes. Each storyline would be mostly self-contained, but there would be some loose continuity or occasional odd reference to past adventures. Each storyline would be split into four, six, or eight issues, and then sold as TPB.

something that wrapped around from being stupid parody to being pretty good

Gwen Poole is from a world much like our own where she's the world's biggest Marvel comics nerd
Upon being transported into the Marvel universe, she attempts to use her meta knowledge to her benefit only for reality to ensue (laugh at the notion of being threatened by MODOK? Get reminded that MODOK is still a threat. A mercenary who knows Whor's real identity? Gets the shit beat out of her)
The storytelling is decent and throws some entertaining twists, and your opinion of the writing will vary on whether you enjoy Chris Hastings (Dr. McNinja). Her abuse of the powers of the Sorceror Supreme is, at least, a proper abuse (compared to Hellcat using Strange to solve a bedbug problem)

If nothing else, you'll enjoy Gurihiru's art

With a normal company they'd say "look, we have these big name properties. Let's put out books that can be read by anyone." You get your batmans, your spider-mans, IPs with big public recognition, and you start printing books that mainstream audiences can enjoy, and those would be your core titles. Then from there you'd branch out into more divergent non-core titles for more hardcore fans to enjoy.

With the big two, the approach is the opposite, with their core titles being for hardcore neckbeards and their non-core titles being for more general audiences. As you can guess, that's pants on head retarded.

user I've been saying this exact thing with those exact examples for years. Instead we end up with a mash up of something evergreen like Bond and soap operas. It doesn't work, fails under any analysis and eventually collapses under it's own weight. At least soap operas have the people aging because it's with real actors.