DISNEY INFINITY SHUT DOWN AND DISNEY LEAVING GAMES INDUSTRY. THE CRASH HAS BEGUN

DISNEY INFINITY SHUT DOWN AND DISNEY LEAVING GAMES INDUSTRY. THE CRASH HAS BEGUN

please use archive.is/articles/disney-infinity-discontinued-developer-shuttered-w/1100-6439677/

*archive not working for me, google it if link fucks up.

what a time to be alive.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/khYGn
archive.is/khYGn
archive.is/VoAdm
gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-05-10-disney-infinity-is-dead-as-disney-exits-game-publishing
archive.is/Uy0jS#selection-479.241-479.274
disneyworld.disney.go.com/destinations/epcot/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Disney is no longer self-publishing, but they'll still outsource for certain shit (for example EA with Star Wars).

Infinity was shit, good.

archive.is/khYGn
Here user

Archive
archive.is/khYGn

Archive from another site
archive.is/VoAdm

Assuming this is the link archive.is/khYGn

bruhs.

I wonder what those kids that bought all of those peripherals and physical dlc will do with it now.

well that sucks for all those involved.cant remember any good games disney themself published recently though so it doesn't really affect me.

I doubt the entire industry will crash, but maybe the toys-to-life genre will go away like Guitar Hero/Rock Band did 10 years ago.

so how many times disney had already left the games industry by now

Good. Now if only this Skylanders bullshit will die out, along with Amiibos.

But that will never happen.

I expect /cow/ to post some amazing youtube crying vlogs from autistic kids.

They will be cunty anons in the future.

has more to do with Disney going at it like retards. At least warner bros was smart enough to cannibalize franchises Mortal Kombat.

Yeah they just kept pumping shit out with massive price tags yet little to no actual content, kids didn't buy it obviously because a)iPhone games are cheaper if not free and b)who the fuck plays with toys in this day and age?

Amiibos are still a thing.

How is Lego Dimensions doing?

Warner Bros also funded the Berserk films that Miura gave to Studio 4c because of dat mind game movie wuz gud.

Disney Infinity shutting down could begin the process of those things fading away.

It's a big deal, but this isn't really that surprising. The new consoles aren't exactly flying off the shelves, and these products depend on systems being in family homes to make impulse sales.

While these products used to perform well in sales, it's hard to infer anything about the industry at large from them. They are basically electronic toys for a very different market than traditional games.

Amiibos are also collector's items for franchises with massive fanbases.

You mean 3 years ago.

I remain highly convinced that Rock Band 4 and GH Live were meant to kill the plastic instrument genre once and for all.

Dance thread

HOLY SHIT YES, CRASH SOON PLEASE

Much as i'd love that i imagine its more likely that amiibos are the new autist toys of choice cutting into the market and they have that star wars merchandising money that makes the games industry seem not worth the time or effort in comparison.

Why pay 8 separate studios to make this shit when you can have one chinese electronics firm shit out a darth vader helmet toaster know?

This doesn't mean a crash, but it's good to see a shitty publisher/developer duck out.

This is nice and all, but it doesn't make up for them shutting down Disneyquest.

Next on the list:
EA
Ubisoft
Microsoft
Valve

This is literally the first time I've even heard of Disney Infinity.

ESPN killed Disney's earnings so Disney killed what's arguably the best showcase for all of their IP.

SPORTS DID THIS

I-Is that true???

It's a game you buy but can't play unless you also buy levels and characters

It plays like those Lego collectathons

Was hoping this meant Contest of Champions was getting shit canned. Thus opening the way for MvC3 to get patched or for MvC4.

Instead it looks like dead game is still dead.

You wouldn't download a pizza.

Yeah, they were replacing it with an NBA stadium or something.

That might be acceptable if the game itself was free.

Yep. They did. I fucking loved that place.
Bunch of assholes I tell ya..

This thread is probably the best place for it even though it's slightly related. I remember watching a review for Disney Infinity once ago and I can't find it. I know it was on youtube and the production quality was high and full of criticisms for the game but I get results for shitty low view videos before even finding anything like it.

Man i remember when 3d printing started out and pirate bay let you download the plans to illegally download the parts to 3d print a pedal powered car. Oh what a day that was.

You wouldn't download a hand

You mean, it's locked down even after you've bought it?

was it from gametrailers?

count your blessings

Does this mean the creepy Disney Infinity pr shill from E3 and the VGAs is out of a job?

Yes.

It wasn't. I think it was from a youtuber that doesn't even cover games most of the time.

He'll probably get a new job hopefully flipping burgers

superbunnyhop?

Why the fuck is Disney doing this?!??!?

I fucking loved Disneyquest. That was the only place I went in Disney World when I had the chance to go to Florida and no other park in Disney World. Now, I have no reason to go to Disney World.

SW Battlefront was on sale last week for 30usd with the premium thing for another 20, BF4 and Hardline were also on sale for 20 usd each with premium going for 20usd as well.

No one fucking plays battlefront, everyone that does play it either plays a few hero mode maps or just goes back to B4

With Disney Infinity pulling back and Skylanders crashing, all that'll remains will be Amiibos vs Lego Dimensions.

PLACE YOUR BETS

Lego Dimensions will win the long game. "gamers" are an extremely fickle audience and are one next big thing away from hopping off the Amiibo bandwagon.

The best part of that is multiple sequels, they are going to send the battlefront series into another grave after reviving it with BF3.

GameStop(TM) will still be half full of vinyl pop! figures until the end of time, though, since they bought thinkgeek.

But user! you can go everywhere else!

seriously Disneyland went to hell. The place went from wondrous to annoying after 2007-8.

There's constant float parades where they keep spouting shit about dreams and everything seems fucking off, like they're lieing through their teeth about all of it.

It's not cause i'm older, because things are genuinely different there. It's like everyone who works there no longer WANTS to be there, you can see it in their faces. It used to be fun for the staff because I remember how people looked and acted back then. It used to be genuine.

just to clarify by revive I mean making a shitty version of battlefront that is just a reskin of battlefield.

Gotta distract the sheep from the abducted and molested/strangled kids fam.

I've actually seen Lego Dimensions shit go on clearance at my local Walmart, and they STILL warm the shelves there.

Shit, even the Peach and Green Missile dlciibos are still on the shelves.

There's that year again

What about Kingdom Hearts?

I wish you were wrong but I can't disagree I can only imagine what it will be like when the star wars Disney park opens

Disney has been outsourcing a lot of their park workers to immigrants who can't even speak English. there's an article about a six figure manager of Disney World or Land I don't know who got replaced without even being told.

Square owns that. Disney just gives them permission to use the characters.

kingdom hearts is Square Enix

Your weebtism is safe.

My parents went on a second honeymoon vacation and went to the Harry Potter park at Universal Studios because they were fans and apparently that shit was great, good food, good rides, etc.

They also went to Disney. They didn't like it as much. Even my parents can see this shit.

Great Recession nigga

You what know what I mean. Not just the recession but everything else.

PLEASE MAKE IT SO!

n-not muh nioh!

Thank God, I hated selling those fucking overpriced pieces of shit.

Like Russia after the soviet revolution: you missed it.

Guitar Hero didn't die 10 years ago
I was still in high school then

Oh god what am I doing with my life

That is Team Ninja, you fucking nigger.

Team Ninja belongs to Koei Tecmo.
Ninja Theory is TAMEEM.

God damn.

If she didn't give me autism I would have moved out by now

F-fucking GameStop?

/cow/'s too busy trying to fuck them in the snizz

The only bad thing about Disney Infinity plastic shit going put is that they actually LOOKED good. Wise decision to stylize their characters in a way that isn't hard for the sweatshop workers.
Then you look back at Amiibo plastic shit and it looks goddn ugly and shoddy for many characters, of course you can't fuck up the simple ones too much. Even Skylanders look better than Amiibos.
I just wanted an Ike figure that looked decent, man. Only one I own is a gift , never spent money on such a scam.

There is that one show in EPCOT that's really good called "The American Adventure." Then again, that ride was likely made long before Disney (and likely the rest of the country) went to shit considering it's a celebration of American history.

Have something to hold onto and work towards a better future.

even if it's this. If you don't, it's the same as death.

Nigger, I just said that.

I kinda wish it did, though, just so the plastic instrument genre wouldn't become a shambling zombie fueled only by fanboyish autism and shitty licensing deals.

It begins.

wasn't the Bowser and DK amiibo for Skylanders 3D printed after being 3D sculpted?

that seems much better to do

Dude Love is just another way of saying Mankind. Think about it.

Does it mean the bottom of the market has fallen out of those shit figures they try to sell. That was meant to be the main revenue generator not the game itself. Hope amiibos are next, then Nintendo are fucked

Autistic kids crying about Disney Infinity you said?

Hold these whilen I check on Chris…

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-05-10-disney-infinity-is-dead-as-disney-exits-game-publishing
archive.is/Uy0jS#selection-479.241-479.274

FUCKING EPCOT actually.

Rellik is Killer backwards

It's just toys. Toys for children. Why does Holla Forums care?

With the way they're talking about toys to life sales falling, does that mean Nintendo swiped their sales, or that they're falling across the board?

I still have mine somewhere, along with Guitar Hero 1-3 on PS2.

cause they don't, they do it for "free" tuition.
managers also go out of their way to be assholes.

I'm glad. It's shit anyway. Any game that needs happy meal toys to play deserves to end.

There's going to be people years from now that'll be nostalgic to Infinity shutting down. How does that make you feel Holla Forums?

No meltdown yet, but a good candidate.

You mean 'that fucking EPCOT?

disneyworld.disney.go.com/destinations/epcot/

A crash is never going to happen no matter how much you retarded fucks want one.

And if it did, gaming would be over, not experience a golden age or companies would magically flock to PC, the only reason you'd want a crash is because you hate vydia.

More like every fucking shit company like Nintendo, Valve, Blizzard, EA, etc.

people want games and game servers to be made and ran by people who actualy give a shit about videogames

good and not knowing what a market crash even means.

Shame. I heard Kim Possible and Darkwing Duck would've been eventual figures.

What bothers me most is that

At least if Lego Dimensions goes under, you're left with perfectly serviceable Lego sets.

Go to sleep Blezinksi.

You don't know what the last crash has done, do you?

Okay no the crash hasn't begun, disney always shat out shit games so this is no surprise, but
T H I S I S G R E AT N E W S
P O S T Y F W

THE VIDEOGAME INDUSTRY CRASH IS UPON US
REPENT

I remember going to Disney World about 10 years ago. My most vivid memory is waiting at an ungodly long line for an interactive carpet ride (that I spent most of the time being stuck in one corner) and trying out some kind of toy creator a la Toy Story that was way too limited time-wise with cheap plastic shit. To be honest, I have a better time just going to Six Flags.

Marvel VS Capcom 4 confirmed?

I went with my family and a family friend's 12-year old daughter when I was a teenager. All I remember is everything being overpriced, a shitload of rain, and jerking off into the girl's panties when they all went out for dinner because I caught something while we were down there

I'd go just to check out the princesses.

I regret nothing.

is she hot now?

Give me a couple minutes to try and look her up.

Yeah, she's thirteen now.

If their outsourcing their IP, does that mean someone could license TRON and make more games to continue the franchise they abandoned?

If only that amiibo was that Weavel fella from Metroid Prime Hunters and his Halfturret form . . .

I'm going to play the odds and say she is probably slightly overweight and average looks wise

What does this mean exactly for the price of Disney Infinity figures, will they go down in price because they're now useless? or will they go up because Disney has no further plans to make any more?

Okay, found what I'm pretty sure is the right girl. She's pretty cute and is definitely legal now.

noice

You're witnessing the decay of social cohesion. It's a side effect of diversity.

Read up.

I might try to get in contact and see if I can get some. Haven't seen her in a long time, though.
You got the source on that picture? The name in it isn't much help on its own.

They will appreciate in value but good luck bartering with them after the apocalypse.

Lego dimensions kits work as kit kits even if dimensions is shut down, Amiibos don't require service to continue to work and people bought them for decorative purposes.

Shit's fucked if you don't have a turbo autist niche that is willing to funnel money into statuettes. Skylanders fucked and Turbocharged apparently only made money on Wii U?

Well there's a new fetish discovered by pure chance, thanks user.

It was more of a condo, really. Or a hotel room or something. It was worth it.

You got the reverse banana fever bud?

It's about bringing about a cleansing fire that will reduce the video gaming industry to ashes so it can be rebuilt.

wew!

thank the lord!

Wait, Disney Infinity was always online or something?

all ogre.

even disney can't make money on publishing video games.

Pick one.

market has too much diversity in a recessionary economy.

Disney infinity vs Skylanders vs amiibos vs all other toys on the market.

Try to convince your parents to buy you all of that. Nevermind competing with more competent and fun games.

Look at the demographics- do you want to be the kid playing call of duty or with little "baby toys"?

In an age of digital media collector items are more and more a luxury item. The aftermarket on these "figures" are shit. Bizarrely enough you'll make more money poaching the figures now and selling them on amazon during Christmas than you will making them an "investment". Assuming you cash in on the right bubble before it pops that is. Looks like the Disney Infinity ship has sailed.

the game industry won't crash because the industry is more segmented now than it was when it crashed.

Literally what?

This is some sensationalist shit.

Oh wow, what will happen to dem not-amiibos now?

How does Disney leaving the vidya industry signal a crash?
If it was Sony pulling out, sure. But Disney?

I used to love those shows.

Should have happened to Nintendo for starting this garbage. Oh well, at least unlike Disney they refuse to make anything new and they can only release so many different Mario poses.

having never played it i liked the concept behind infinity. it sort of reminds me of the heyday of warcraft 3 custom maps.
that said i despise disney, and even though nintendos been huge bastards lately i didnt like how they thought it was okay to rip off splatoon like that.

s-so all of it? you just want the indies left to pick up the slack? thats also a recipe for disaster.

It does mean that retail is left with a large chunk of 'dead' stock now. Most major chains gutted their vidya sections to allow for the full spectrum of 'toys to life' figures.

ripip Split/Second

How the fuck does anybody get excited about this? It just looks so fucking boring, even if you got the fucking figures for free, it looks so bland that I can't imagine anyone willingly returning to it a second time, and yet this girl has apparently made a fucking series out of it.
Even just the premise of disney infinity is fucking boring:
>how would you like to make big world full of assets from disney movies?
It's like legos, but you don't actually get legos and instead you get a bunch of dollhouses and kiddy kitchen sets that you have to unlock by fighting the same reskinned enemy over and over again or buying with real money after you get done buying a bunch of the figurines.

Don't forget Super-Skrull

TAMEEM ON SUICIDE WATCH

You're just pragmatic, jaded by unrealistic idealism.

Pragmatism is a good mindset to have.

Ex-Disney gamedev here.

Hilarious that this finally happened. Surprised it took them this long to pull the plug; they've hated consoles since 2011 and preferred mobile, but even that started to wane.

This doesn't signal a crash though, since Disney was only ever casually in vidya. If Ubi gets devoured by Vivendi, then we can start having that talk.

Whatever you say, buddy.

Worked on Epic Mickey 2. Say a prayer for me, user; I'll never get that time back.

Was it any good? I could pirate it and look for you in the credits.

I'd say to pass on pirating it, user. I did publishing stuff for it out of Glendale, so my name is buried in the piss break section.

The game was a goddamn mess like you have no idea.

You're still not proving anything.

user, the studio was shuttered in fucking 2013. I don't have my employee badge.

You want to ask me questions about the project that don't involve me providing my name, then go ahead and I'll answer them.

I don't give a shit if you don't believe me.

Yeah, no. Confirmed for being full of shit,
Fuck off, mate.

Like I said, you want to ask questions about the dev process or why the game was so fucked up, knock yourself out.

Here's some freebies:

There's tons of this shit. It was one of the craziest projects I've ever seen and everyone knew the studios were going to get axed.

He literally said he doesn't give a shit if you DON'T believe him.

I remember the game getting a lot of praise when it first came out though. Maybe that was reddit speaking but I don't recall that game being particularly hated anywhere. I never played it though because I thought the first one was shit.

Did Warren Spector try and solicit niggers on your staff to fuck his wife?

How is it working in an environment like that?

fuck you disney

Can you give something out that could confirm your pressence on that project? If not its another case of my uncle works at Nintendo.

The Magic and Mystery of autism. What you see on the video is on crippling levels. There are more stupid toys out there you won't believe kids and autists are excited for. Like Schleich plastic animals. Don't get me wrong; They make awesome shit with that stuff like those knights and their Smurfs are a toystore staple since before I was born.

There is a vidya store in the town nearby which has a entire glass showcase for these besides in the middle of the store. In fact it is a big as the used consoles one and has effectively replaced a third of the PC games section. Another third has been replaced with Autism Jeans vidya T-shirts. Here's the thing though: Most of the figures in there are second hand and the median price is about 2,50 €. A special golden Mickey Mouse you could get from the nearby chain electronics retailer for 20 was offered there for 7. Not joking here. The only thing they sell brand new there are Amiboos. The used Buylander and Infinity stuff dwarfs the Amiboo rack all the time I was there.

Skylander came first and it already happened to these. Nintendo is the player that came into the markete right before Lego.

nothing less than what they deserve tbqh

i was not ready for this kind of autism

CRASH FUCKING NAO

So it's a crash actually going on?

Anyway, this thread will invoke meme-magic and it will become real.

Would you encourage a kid to play Postal, Condemned, Hatred and so on?

Could you give me some live carrer infos of those executives, so I can avoid hired these kind of peoples.

Fuck I mean hiring. …avoid hiring…

I have nothing against Disney-related games on principle, but having to buy toys to access the content IN THE GAME YOU ALREADY BOUGHT can't fail hard enough and fast enough.

So good, my only complaint is that it took this long. And that other companies are still doing it.

RIP my last hope for a sequel to Maui Mallard

You made me sad

They could still license the rights out, so hopes for a sequel, no matter how slim, can still spring eternal.

The sequel will be a fake-bit 2D walking simulator that implies that Maui Mallard is some sort of PTSD allegory, or something equally pretentious.

Implying Disney not making any video games isn't a good thing.

I dunno, if we get a Licensed Sequel out it would probably be grabbed and made by Wayforward.

I mean, DuckTales Remastered did do well IIRC.

The real issue is that Disney will just sit on those rights forever.

Pretty much.

CAN THEY START LICENSING THOUGH?

TO CAPCOM MAYBE?

Is he claiming that disney sank $147 million into the studio/project (including marketing and all those misc. expenses) at the time of cancelling?

Marvel is trash, CvS mas terrace

holy shit. i was playing this game when i was a teenager shit time flys

what?

Regardless, amiibo was an amusing idea at first. That went downhill fast, starting with Splatoon and it's "the green squid amiibo is only available if you preorder the game." and each amiibo had a specific game mode behind it with unique armor to unlock.

It was supposed to be about getting a figurine of a character you liked and being able to unlock bonus stuff in games with said character. They shitcanned that and have made it so that now a ton of amiibos don't even work right, you gotta preorder "game" to get a SPECIAL amiibo of the same fucking character.

Case and point: Kirby. Got the smash bros kirby? Too bad, you need the special new kirby for kirby on 3DS!

Just… ugh.

I only got a couple of them because where the fuck am I gonna find a samus figurine that is under $50 and looks half decent?

This, always wanted to have physical smash trophies, the fact that they were compatible with Smash was an extra, and no content was locked behind it, since everything the amiibo do with Smash is making an AI character.
Since then, it became DLC and useless amiibos. Nintendo should have keep the line on Smash characters only that worked in additional games and 3rd party should have done their own.

Alternatively, things like the Yarn Yoshi amiibo should had used the same Yoshi amiibo function. That way, you just had an alternative Yoshi amiibo that unlocked the same thing Yoshi amiibo did.

I was hoping for more stuff like Smash bros.
The memory card features of the toys was a good feature for the Wii U to have, especially with the system itself had on storing and transfering data.

The Wii Mote had a similar feature that everyone forgot. I remember always storing my Mii on the Wii mote and and taking it to my friend's house.

I don't think Lego Dimensions is doing too great. Been seeing plenty of discounts for the sets and said gameplay vids I've watched have that dull Lego _ feel to them anyway with plenty of content locked away in the expansions you have to buy.

Never going to happen,user.
While Valve sucks out money from retards by hats and skins,they wont go off.

Valve will never die so long as they've got Steam. With how large Steam is and how many people and companies use it on a day-to-day basis PC gaming would have to die before Steam and then Valve die.

Did that animal crossing game use amiibo data?

I know the Amiibos were used to roll the dice, but did they have their own RNG that the gamepad would access when you did it…

Fuck, imagine if fire emblem used that!

Because their fucking shit practices are cutting games up to try to sell cheap plastic figures to retard kids. Fuck you for defending dlciibos.

user, video games are toys.

Tonight we're gonna party like it's 1983.

Whoo boy, somebody got lucky to make the investment of his lifetime that day.

Nice, I was sick of seeing that shit, hopefully the amiibo follows.

It's Disney, the sweatshop workers will easily be able to find more soul crushing work.

You say that like if they allowed the XMen, Marvel wouldn't just strongarm Capcom into using diversity characters or at most, time travelled younger versions.

Lego Dimensions: Literally just another lego game that has you interact with legos in meatspace. Probably not going anywhere.

Amiibo: Collectable toys for popular game franchises.

Both are probably here to stay.

Wasn't that just called expansion packs?

Also forgot this is great news for Lego Dimensions aince this means Disney will probably allow Lego Marvel and Lego star wars levels/kits to happen.

Warren was one of the few decent execs in the studio.

Difficult. I had lots of awesome coworkers, and they made life bearable.

The really bad ones were ex-EA managers. In fact, they were so shit they were about to get fired from EA. One came into the studio, got hired, then got his friends hired. It was like a cancer spreading in a healthy host.

SOrry for the reply gap anons. Just got back from work and I'm in Cali. Send water, plz.