Is this game worth playing if I already beat Bloodborne and the Nioh demo or will it seem like too much of a step...

Is this game worth playing if I already beat Bloodborne and the Nioh demo or will it seem like too much of a step backwards?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/p/VbV3cf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There's a pirate copy floating around so why don't you try it out? I like it, but there's too many flaws for me to say you should buy it at 60 dollars.

Not really bloodbourne as far as build variety and combat.
I mean seriously bloodbourne literally every single character is a melee character.
Stamina regens slower in BB than DS3 too.
Actual existent PvP as opposed to one area that you have to avoid killing an enemy in
No having to grind through chalice dungeons to kill the one actual unique boss, while the rest of the "unique" bosses are reskins and literally normal enemies with HP bars.

Really if you really care about the dash a ton, yes. If not then DS3 is a step up in virtually every way.

This is getting ridiculous.

I pirated it when it first came out but I would crash right after the first mimic. They probably patched the crashes by now so I'm trying to figure out if I should play it. Felt really clunky.

And yet BB was better.

Why do I keep hearing this in every thread?

It sounds a little bit like shilling to me.

Because it was extremely fun.

How to spot someone without taste

It's world's better than Das2, it's also shorter thsn both DaS and Das2, a bit longer than Bloodborne, but more difficult than BB.

Less shit design and enemies spinning like tops, interesting and good world but nothing "new" for Souls series - swamp, grotto, forest, keep, catacombs, village, lava place etc. etc.

I bought it for 65e for PS4, completed in two weeks and sold it off for 45e so it was a good investment.

shill thread sage report bye

u made no points, u and your post are trash m8

Eh I'm going to go ahead and say no, it isn't.
BB wasn't DS2 bad but it had some massive issues that killed it for me.
Level design was awful, it has the flat out worst area in any souls game.
PvP was neutered to shit and back
Boss design had it's ups and downs. Some great bosses and some piss poor bosses.
Combat was incredibly samey no matter what build you played. "You're arcane? Fast dude with MGS with some ranged attacks. Strength/skill? literally the exact same aside from attack speed. Bloodtinge? You're using the Rifle Spear shot at point blank."
No build variety in the normal game with arcane being flat useless until DLC. Rifle Spear was the only decent gun in the game if you wanted to focus. Cannon was decent but you can only get 4-5 shots.
The bullet parry was just weird, and a ton of bosses were flat invalidated by it (just like every souls parry)

But no tell me how all this is excusable because it jerked your lovecraft boner

If you post the same dumb points every time in every thread you're going to garner a reputation. Save yourself.

wait for it to get patched, it's really broken right now
or wait for the version with all the dlc to come out
it's a 6/10 like every dark souls game, is that worth 60 dollars to you?

Good retort, I'll forever rue the day some random BB fan butt broke me by telling me I'll garner a reputation while avoiding any and all points.
But hey I forgot a few
Chalice dungeons 100% reused maps if you're going for 100%. You get to see all of the rooms about well it's ~3 floors per chalice and you need to do 7 so you get to see the same collection of rooms in slightly different order a whopping 21 times. Certain rooms you'll only get to see 3 or 6 times depending on how you decide to get your jelly

Alright, I'll spell it out for you. And I'll try to speak slowly.

Trying to claim that Bloodborne has bad level design because of the single area you dislike, while every level in Dark Souls III is mediocre, if not worse, is moronic.

I see you already retreated on your point about build variety by admitting the DLC expanded it. There are plenty of different playstyles as long as you're not an unimaginative person who's content to R1 spam their way through the entire game.

And going up to your earlier points beyond that post, the Chalice Dungeon bosses are not reskins. The Bloodletting Beast, the Beast-possessed Soul, the Pthumerian Descendant, the Pthumerian Elder, the Forgotten Madman, the Watchdog of the Old Lords, and the Keeper of the Old Lords don't even have a remote equivalent in the main game, just off the top of my head. Yharnam, Pthumerian Queen is more of a reskin of the enemies of Cainhurst than any of the other bosses down there.

Those last few sentences are a mess, so it's hard to tell the point you're trying to make, but it sounds like you haven't 100%ed the Chalice Dungeons if you think "you need to do 7". There is some reused geometry, but more unique layouts the deeper you go.

You are welcome to, instead of listing your grievances with Bloodborne, try to explain how Dark Souls III is superior, that should be entertaining.

It's shit

You do need to do 7 to 100% the game.
Only Yharnam is counted.
so 7 is the bare minimum.

Also nice job defending how "you can hit R2 THIS TOTALLY IS A DIFFERENCE GUYS"
I remember you leaving with your tail between your legs after you failed to understand how "every weapon handles the exact same and plays the exact same way" isn't invalidated by "YOU CAN HIT R2"

Oh lord I wish the thread was still up so I could grab some screencaps of when you admitted that you refused to try anything besides R1 spam because it's a "gimmick". Hope you went upstairs and bragged to your mother that you won the argument with the clever tactic of giving up trying to support your points, although I see you're giving up after just three posts this time instead of days later. Maybe there is a cure for autism.

And Christ you're still under the impression that every weapon handles the exact same. You're welcome to go fight Ludwig with the Blade of Mercy and then with something slow like the Beast Cutter or the Kirkhammer and say "Yes, I don't have to change anything about my timing."

Still waiting to hear Dark Souls III's redeeming qualities, since that is the topic of the thread.

The Beast posessed soul is a regular enemy in the main game.

It only appears once

How does that change it appearing outside the chalice dungeons?

Given that it's a minotaur it was probably designed to be placed in the labyrinth first and then reused in the main game, not the other way around.

It's not a "reuse" in the same way that Brainsuckers and Silverbeasts and Maneater Boars are reused as bosses in the Chalice Dungeons, or Rom and Ebrietas and the Amygdala are reused.

nah, 6/10 is way better than shit, IGN

I liked the levels in BB however DaS3 haws very good levels that rival it.
He never retreated once, he stated that magic was useless until the DLC which is a valid point.
I don't buy DLC to make something useful but to expand on the game.
Frenzy and beast mode were also pointless until the DLC which actually made the beast gauntlets do something.

Oh wait, I waited for the exact same openings
Attacked fewer times during the larger openings.
And had to skip a few of the smaller ones.
I didn't change how I fight at all. Literally dodged at the exact same time the exact same ways and used a BBP as opposed to just a paper.

Also good to know you still can't refute shit aside from you making shit up that I only used R1. I said there's no reason to do anything but that because it's the hands down best attack on all but 1 weapon. Rifle Spear is literally the only exception to this.

Okay well DS3.
Stamina regens faster.
Poise isn't in the game so you still get staggered by literally any hit. But there's a pyromancy called iron flesh that makes you immune to stagger. So same as BB in that respect with the lead elixir, but unlike that it actually decreases the damage you take.
There's some build variety with how much you want to put in your ashen/normal flasks. While magic/ranged is flat out slower than r1 spam, You can actually play the game like that unlike in BB where bullets are flat useless. Some bosses are easier at range, unlike BB where playing ranged is hard mode. Pyromancy has some pretty good damage without too much investment buffs and attacks.
Area designs are pretty average on the whole. There's some nice looking ones, and usually they're short enough to not outstay their welcome. There's one pretty mediocre one at about the 1/3rd or 1/2 mark, depending on which path you choose. But that's about it. Nothing near as bad as Nightmare plains.
There's some worthless areas with nothing but loot, but that's the same as BB.
Dex/Strength builds play almost exactly the same as is the norm for souls games.
Boss design is a bit more varied. There are some reused bosses from the first game, but they're wandering around as random enemies. with one exception.
Combat's about the same pace, stamina regens much faster.
Weapon arts can vary how you play, with the stomp on certain weapons acting like a mini-iron flesh and allowing you to attack into their attacks without the use of much resource wise.
Some weapon arts pierce shields, and certain weapons have unique ones.
Poise system is broken as fuck, because it only starts applying after you've started your attack.
Slower weapons have certain other qualities, like some can't be parried if you're 2 handing them.
Bows are really viable against headed enemies and bosses. Pretty mediocre otherwise.
The PvP actually exists. Yes you can actually get invaded outside of more than a single area, and it's not tied to an enemy!
You can warp between bonfires without having to go to the hunter's dream.
There aren't minute long load screens.
Resistances still do fuck all though, armor's pretty mediocre without poise as well, but you get more choices than BB for armor and weapon. Although they play mostly similar, it's about in line with BB where all that changes is scaling and attack speed/ range/ pattern.

Still counts as a reskin.
pthumerians share the same skin with different attack patterns/weapons.
And you have to fight the blood letting beast 2 times to get to Yharnam so I counted that
According to you I can't claim any repeat enemy in the chalice dungeons is a reskin because "it may have been designed for that first"

Not that guy, but the hitboxes of DaS 3 are the best I've seen, superior to DaS 2 and the combat is much faster paced.

Tell me why Bloodborne is better, since I'm looking for a Bloodborne box anyway.

Holy fuck yet, I almost want to be the faggot to claim they are better then some in DaS1.

Bloodbourne for me was a fun amusement ride, fun the first time but incredibly boring the second and third time.
Very little reasons to play through.

What's bad about using R1? Are you supposed to only use R2?

What are these really shitty Chalice Dungeons I keep hearing about?

I do have concerns about BB's hitboxes. Watched a guy get grabbed by a stunlocked gargoyle looking thing that latched on to him and ate his health. Is this common? Mimics in DaS2 made me sweat due to this.

Oh no, It's pretty much the best attack on every weapon with a single exception. Rifle spear uses L2 to shoot it's shotgun. It's the most damaging weapon in the game if built right. You have to rely on some RNG gems though.
L1 is useful only if you have a beast blood pellet active and for some occasional range changing mid combo.
R2s are pretty much flat useless outside of going for backstabs which you have to hit with a charged R2 to stagger.
R1s are the go to for every weapon (except the aformentioned rifle spear)

Seems like the appropriate place to ask… I just downloaded Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition.

I've never played a Souls game before and wanted to know what I should expect or if I should install any mods. I want to keep the experience as vanilla in the gameplay as possible though so I can give the game an unbiased opinion.

They're "randomly generated dungeons"
Basically they're the same rooms over and over again.
They have really shitty bosses on average too.
If you want to fight every boss in the game you have to play through 7 of them. You also have to play through one where your max HP is reduced to half.

Hitboxes aren't DS2 bad. They're on par with DS3 usually. Jumps are a big exception, though.

DSFix or Gedosato, and you're set. Customize the ini, it's commented and pretty self-explanatory. When you unlock the FPS, remember to cap it at 30 to avoid physics glitches.

install DSfix.
Helps the framerate, keeps the gameplay the exact same

Chalice dungeons are psuedo randomly generated dungeons that differ based on the items you use to generate one.
They have different bosses and sometimes enemies which can't be found in the main game.
It would of been really cool if given more love or time.

Ever played Dragon's Dogma? Chalice Dungeons are Bloodborne's version of Bitterblack Isle, except much more boring.

How terrible? Are we talking DaS3 Concord Kept tier? Or does it wildly vary per gem? Farming I can do, if the enemies don't have a fucking spawn limit. (Thanks DaS2)

If I like RNG based dungeons akin to MMOs, how much fun will Chalice Dungeons be?

Sorry for all the questions.

BBI isn't randomly generated though.

In addition to DSFIx you're gonna need the DSCM. It's a connectivity mod that helps you better connect to other players. Supposedly the game's online is dead, and this helps

Pretty bad if you're unlucky.
You need to grind enemy drops which can drop random gems. The gems usually have a variance of what they do too based on the level. So if you're going full minmax it can get pretty bad when you get the wrong roll on your third line of your cursed XY gem for the 100th+ time.
Usually the drops are pretty common.

Also the chalice dungeons aren't fun at all. They're "randomly generated". It's basically just a cluster of preset rooms in a random order. Enemies slightly differ too.
You usually have to get to I want to say Floor 2 of the set chalice to unlock the ability to buy the randomized one.
Also the 7 you have to play through aren't random, and they still reuse every room 20+ times.

Anyone knows if the Kickass' torrent is safe?

Oh there are set gems throughout the game which are good enough for NG+0 provided you're not doing a weapon that requires them.
NG+ onwards requires good gems
and once you get high enough you need near perfect gems that you change for each boss.

Also beast blood pellets increase your damage by a massive amount if you fill up your frenzy gauge

I'll let that quote speak for itself.

I am not going to greentext that mess of a list, but the original claim is "DS3 is a step up in virtually every way", and I am not seeing such claims now, it's much more tepid and reserved. There's "some" build variety, the areas are "average", boss design is a "bit more varied". It's alright for Dex/Strength to play almost exactly the same but indefensible that Strength/Skill does? Bows are better because they're easy mode? I remember this from last time too, a different playstyle isn't "viable" unless it makes the game easier.

Bloodborne combat is mostly about switching between crowd control and focusing on a certain enemy, so every weapon moveset is designed around having some attacks that would be good for a group and some that would be good for a single enemy. Or some moves which deal blunt damage and some which deal piercing damage depending on an enemy's weakness. So many "trick" weapons can transform to have extended range to deal with a group of enemies, and have unique attacks when transformed mid-combo so you can switch between fast and group style without delay. It would take a while to explain, but the weapons easily have triple the moveset of any Souls weapon and every move is useful for something. Or you could just keep spamming R1 since that will consistently deal at least some damage, and make it through the game that way.

Only root chalices are randomly generated, the others have a fixed layout.

Gay as fuck, I hate it when game logic is tied to framerate. Thanks for he help Anons I appreciate it.

Not a problem, I pirated it because I knew it was a shit port before hand and I don't care for online.

Might as well be.

This isn't anywhere close to the truth.
Trick weapons have limited movesets that even with the trick mechanic have less movesets.
You had movesets for using a weapon 1 handed, using it two handed, using it in the off hand and sometimes using a shield.
This is

That sounds really fucking shitty, I guess I can deal with that though.

Do enemies have spawn limits or can I just farm them to my heart's content? Like DaS2 fucking stupid limit of 10 spawns per enemy.

That actually sounds really fucking cool.

It's a 15FPS cap, but can be unlocked to 60. 30FPS, however, is a good place to stop.

I said STR/Dex playing the same way was a bad point. I listed both in that little recap there hotshot.
Also yes, average areas are better than god awful areas. A bit more varied still means there's more variation.
No a playstyle isn't viable if you take 3 times as long to get a kill without min maxing.

He's actually wrong about that. They have 2 movesets max. Transformed and untransformed. They have an attack for most weapons going into transform and out of transform. then the basic R1 combo. the R2 is usually a charge attack, with one exception. L2 is your off hand, which while certain weapons get a special L2 attack because they're 2 handed weapons. Boss physical resistances don't matter until NG+2, just match elemental.

Also no, there's no respawn caps. Oh right there aren't any physical resist shields and you can't 2 hand your weapon if you want to. It has to have either a 2 handed transform or be innately 2handed. There's a magic resist shield which is pretty alright depending on the boss.

The only weapons for which that's true are spears, and it's just the same stabbing motion that R1 usually gives you.

What you're saying isn't even numerically true. Souls weapons at best have a three-hit R1 combo while most Bloodborne weapons have at least four-hit R1 combos, some go up to eight. Some weapons have R2 combos as well, unique attacks for a charged R2, L2 combos if the transformed mode is two-handed, in addition to the unique backstep, dodge, running, jumping, and falling attacks that the weapons in Souls have.

I even have to keep making the qualification "most" or "some" because of how different every weapon is. For example, the Rakuyo has that spinning L2 move when transformed, but L2 will perform a unique attack if executed in the middle of an R1 combo and even another attack during an R2 combo. The Kirkhammer has a unique R1 move if you press it immediately after transforming.

Not if only a few areas are awful and the entire other game is average. Or unless you're incredibly boring.

The game was ported to PC because of a petition - of course it was going to be shit. Thankfully, Durante came through with dsfix.

Damn you're dense. Bloodbourne had a two good area and 3 god awful ones. Nightmare plains is just the most egregious one game design wise. Also Chalice repeat dungeons
It's bad design as the whole
DS3 doesn't have any horrible areas, it has some bad areas. It reuses a single area, much like Unseen yharnam. It doesn't flat out reuse the same area 20+ fucking times though. It has some good areas too, I was saying on the aggregate they're average.

At least I don't consistently misspell Bloodborne. Can't imagine how anyone who's spent so much time looking at the logo on the loading screens pre-patch could possibly not know how the title's spelled.

Go on

Feel free to go on Youtube and look at complete movesets.
If your including combos then DaS has even more considering there are combos for R2 as well and combinations between R1 and R2 moves.
Now with weapon skills there are even more.

It was locked at 30fps at launch before DSFix was released letting people run it at 60. The only time having it at 30 really helped was for getting the Iato and for one specific ladder.

There's nothing more to say.
Horrible areas are worse than bad areas are worse than average areas are worse than good areas.
You also didn't read the rest of the post did you buddy.

I was getting 10FPS before using dsfix.

I'd only get that on laptop hardware, how shit is your rig?

I don't need to go on YouTube, I've replayed all the games within the past few months.

Bloodborne has those as well. The R1 and R2 moves are also varied enough that there's good reason to combine them.

I was saying to specify which areas are horrible / bad / average / good. I know you hate the Nightmare Plains and the Chalice Dungeons, the rest of the game is too interconnected to know what other "areas" you're talking about.

i5 2nd gen, 4GB RAM. Real downer is the GPU Radeon 5450.

I have a little over double the ram and a GTX 760 which is probably why it ran a shitload better on default for me

Eh, now that you have played so much shit, you can also play another 4chan and NeoGAF approved shit game with shit performance and repetitive shit gameplay.

I prefer 3 over Bloodborne too but I certainly wouldn't say that it's a step up in virtually every way.

Runs DS3 at 20FPS as well, on low settings, so I can't really fault the hardware. Replacing it with pcpartpicker.com/p/VbV3cf anyway in a few days.

So long as it still gets the job done.

Okay Nightmare plains, Hunter's Nightmare, The second half of the woods. There's no bosses between the part that sucks and the Three snakes boss.
Chalice dungeon also is fucking awful.
Fishing Hamlet was great, and the Research lab was pretty fun.
Literally every other area was nothing special. I don't like blatant area reuse so I don't like Unseen, but it's a minor complaint so I didn't count it.

Dark Souls 3 has for good Iythil, Cathedral of the deep, and highwall. Bad it had Carthus catacombs, and Demon Ruins. The swamp was done pretty well, you can actually avoid getting poisoned at all without the use of items if you take the obvious paths. The rest were pretty average. Nothing really sticks out.

I actually didn't like the regain system. It had potential to be neat, but I felt like they didn't really do enough with it.
Also I didn't like the setting. The city I was fine with, but then they just decided to say fuck it you were going to teleport around into dreams. and they lost me.

at 60 I can't make the roll above firelink shrine to the undead asylum and have to jump which can be pretty challenging to aim properly.

That's the only part of the game I cap it at, I just go down the undead parish ladder slowly or avoid it all together and I hate katanas so the Iato isn't a problem.

It was locked to 30 dog, 15 is actually unplayable for an action game and there's no way DaS1 would have gotten as popular as it did on consoles if it was locked that low, see what happened to Dragon's Dogma? That shit was maybe 20-25 FPS on average and it didn't become nearly as well known.

I am honestly shocked how few people seem to have a problem with this, and blatant fanservice even more obnoxious than Dark Souls II.

I guess there's no accounting for taste. Did you not figure out you can avoid getting poisoned in the Nightmare Plains too? Are you telling me with a straight face that the swamp in Dark Souls III is a good area? You're fucking with me.

Nightmare plains the problem isn't getting poisoned. It's frenzy, it's "oh the brain's eye decided that it can in fact see you from whenever it wants to and there's no escape if the box fucks up" Which it fucks up a lot.
In my 9 or so playthroughs I have never managed to avoid getting full frenzy in that area.

I liked the Undead Settlement a lot

Asset creation is expensive. Bloodborne was made with the full resources of Sony Japan, which could let afford the man hours to make art assets. DS3, however, only had Namco as publisher, and we all know their track record, don't we?

Either way, the iteration actually manages to date the game, what with the overt references to stale meta.

I can't prove this and may very well be totally buttfucking wrong, but it seems to me that frenzy keeps building after the fact because your character is still getting over seeing something that god damn crazy.
At least, that's what I told my lorefag brain to make me not hate it as much. Maybe I'm an apologist.

Agreed, I would have preferred it if they removed blood vials completely and let you always regain health.

As they are blood vials are the most retarded part of the game since you can either have 20 to chug like mad when you need it but when you run out it's best to go farm that shit to go back to ez mode rather than actually playing cautiously.

I'll have to admit that they pulled off some of the fanservice parts quite well, in anyone else's hands the final boss probably would have been completely retarded but instead it was a great fight, and the anor londo bit was pretty neat with the way they subtly built it up (you get to silver knight archers and are reminded of how much you hate that part in DaS1, but still probably haven't realized what's going on until you get to the darkmoon tomb and think "there's no fucking way the madmen actually did it" then feel intense anticipation as you go up the stairs and release it all when you see the castle).

That said, the Siegward shit was completely retarded as well as copypasting every enemy encounter from Demon's Souls and reskinning the enemies.

What frenzy is supposed to be is the big brain making you go insane, and the "horrors" of the random enemies.
And then it builds up for awhile afterwards… because lorewise "you're still thinking about it"
I have no clue why making you go insane makes you spew blood out of every orifice.

That would've actually been really neat and encouraged super aggressive play. or maybe like one blood vial that filled as you attacked enemies to draw blood in addition to regain.
But yeah, the idea needed to go a lot further, as it stands you can pretty much ignore it.

All of the Winter Lanterns in the Plains are avoidable. There's only one you have to walk past, and there's an obvious ledge to drop down so you can walk around it, you don't even have to make eye contact with it.

The Lanters in the Nightmare of Mensis are also avoidable unless you're going for the blood rock, the only time you have to take frenzy in that stage is running from cover to cover.

I'm starting to see where the problem's coming from.

Yeah it does

That's not even the worst possible offender. Neither is resurrecting Andre for no reason, or the contrived reasons to have many bosses be "inspired" by Dark Souls 1 bosses.

I draw the line when they directly copypaste story elements from Demon's Souls for no reason. An exact clone of Yuria the Witch is in the game with the exact same voice actress. Not only do they bring back the hub assassin, they bring back a clone of Mephistopheles. They put the Storm Ruler in the game for no reason and its weapon art is called the Storm King.

And not to be outdone by Dark Souls, which has you fight the Asylum Demon three times, Dark Souls III has you fight it four times.

Has the Estoc meta died already? It seems to have disappeared as quickly as it came after everyone realised that R1 spam just gets you parried every time.

I used to see Estocs everywhere but now they've all but completely vanished.

At least the 'meta' is pretty much 100% predictable - just watch whatever the most popular recent PvP videos are and you can guarantee that whatever build is being showcased will be invading you next time you boot up the game.

Except in DaS3 the demons aren't boss battles, they're just rare enemies. That's an improvement over DaS1, not a step back.

Wait, what? I only remember the one above Farron Keep.

Stunlock is active for only 2 hits, so spamming Estoc R1 is just asking for ripostes. Thus it died in favor of Darksword.

I've been using the great corvian scythe hollowed with pontiffs right ring, and floyd knight ring as well as shield breaker ring.
Holy fuck have I wrecked meta fags, they have no idea how to handle the scythes moveset.
Freak out when they start to build up bleed.
The guaranteed long stun for hitting the enemies head is also nice.

There's the one on the wall, the one you fight with Siegward, the one in the Demon Ruins (or it might be in the Catacombs prior to it, I can't remember), and then the Old Demon King.

Copypasting enemies from another game in any context is a step back.

its not a 15fps cap. it's a 30fps cap.

Except they aren't. They have new models and new movesets.

Also, lumping the Old Demon King in is just unfair. It makes sense for that boss to be similar to the other demons, yet his model is very unique, he shares no moves with the non-boss demons and he's a fun boss fight.

There are a lot of things they fucked up in DaS3 but this really isn't one of them.

Do you mean the Lloyd Sword Ring, or the Lloyd Shield Ring, or something else?

Sounds fun in any case - I haven't tried a hollow+luck build yet.

of course they have new models and movesets but that doesn't mean that they aren't copypasted. It's more that the idea is copypasted, and if you've already played Demon's Souls then these repeat encounters don't surprise you like they originally did, they just make you think "huh this is like the one part in DeS"

That's just being disingenuous. The Farron Keep one is the Asylum demon, Siegward's fight and the one blocking the entrance to the Ruins are copypasted Taurus Demons with fire attacks. Old Demon King is in another country entirely.

Luck+bleed is a super good PvE build.
PvP you just use Anri's or the dark sword still. But nothing sticks out as OP as Havelyns, Santas, or Rifle Spears

Not worth it. Luck scaling is useless at the moment, except for Anri's Straight Sword. Better off doing a bleed build, and for that Carthus Rogue is better.

OK, but there are plenty of original enemies in DaS3, so I don't mind at all if some are pretty much the same as before, like the standard hollow dreglings and soldiers in the early areas. A few demons, most of which are avoidable anyway, is hardly much of a complaint in the grand scheme of things.

What are you talking about? It's the Demon Firesage, it's hardly like the Taurus Demon.

I guess Demon's Souls already had you fight Vanguard twice too.

Actually bleed scales off luck pretty well.
and Carthus rogues stack with the bleed already on the weapon.
But yeah hollow weapons are useless and Anri's is the really only good Luck weapon.

Try going into Lothric Castle early, and you'll eat those words.

I thought the point of using a hollow weapon is that it scales with luck which ends up giving you more AR than any other infusion for the same stat investment + excellent bleed procs. Am I missing something?

Hollow scales slightly worse than anri's.
I think if you're going a pure bleed you use Hollow Uchi+Rogue or something silly, makes them bleed in like 3 hits.

yes
infusions are laughably unbalanced is what you're missing

Missing the potbelly, which makes me automatically disassociate the two.

Some guy calculated that you gain 7 bleed spending 5 levels in Luck. Contrast to Carthus Rogue adding 45 bleed.

So which infusion do you put on the Scythe, and what do your stats look like?

Whichever gives more attack for less weight.

Hollow weapons are quite good, the scaling loss is minimal, for some weapons bleed damage increases as well as build up.
On top of that they scale with luck not by much but enough to increase their value.

But keep on preaching the meta, the same thing happened in DaS2.
Everyone was screaming about katanas, dark sorceries and lightning aveylns dual wielded.
Yet all these amazing meta shitters would die easily enough to twin lightning enchanted mastadon greatswords.

yeah, if you're going a pure bleed build, you can use a hollow weapon to get every last ounce of bleed.

Scythe is pretty awful compared to DS1/2 IIRC. I never used it in either because I didn't like the attack pattern.

Oh also that ring is bugged it's not weight, it's equipped items.
But yeah, I said that it's scaling is only slightly worse, but for PvE anri's is the fastest way. PvP is home to all sorts of crazy builds and cosplays. No real emergent dominant meta, like santas/PGS yet.

Could you elaborate (is this Flynn's ring)?

Yeah flynn's was bugged last I checked.
It's not weight, but how much you have on.

I don't know about DaS2, but the only reason anyone ever used the Great Scythe in DaS1 was the wide sweeping attack it had which allowed you to get easy dead-angles on people.

That particular move would be pretty pointless in DaS3 now that dead-angling works in a different way and can be achieved easily with most weapons, vid related.

certain weapons can't even be parried period.
2 handed halberds flat out can't

pity their moveset is so easy to dodge and the only advantage they have is good range.

if you know how to use them they're pretty strong. Really vulnerable to "run away estus" though.
Then again there's nothing in the game that's not really vulnerable to that

Spears do pretty well with that.

yeah, but if they see you pull out a spear welcome to parry-opolis population "you"

Washing pole is the weapon for exactly that purpose due to the running stab which is quick and has great range. A lot of meta fags keep it in their second slot.

yeah, if you're using a halberd you've already forgone the meta though.
But yeah, Estus is stupid hard to punish without a good running attack.
And even if you catch them after the chug the damage is done at high level PvP. Faggots using the estus ring.
One of my major problems with PvP in DS3

Yeah it doesn't quite make sense. A fast heal was good in BB because everything in BB was fast (although blood vials were still a too fast in that game overall), but in Dark Souls things are slower and there are no firearms to punish instantly from range.

I don't mind it that much though since it's still possible to punish and you can get a lot of people to panic and put themselves in bad situations due to the fact they will always think they have time and space to heal and re-engage on their terms. It's only really annoying when there are phantoms which give them all the space in the world to just roll behind them, sip, and re-engage.

It does make defeating a gank squad all the sweeter though.

1v4 ganksquads are still almost impossible unless you're up against some really bad people

I always crystal out if it's 1v4. 1v3 I will usually try, especially if it's obvious the host summoned them for a boss and they weren't expecting any PvP.

yeah, that's my approach too. 1v3 you can do with some luck, but 1v4 requires some abuse of cliffs and shit in addition to them being retarded.

Like, number of items equipped? God, this game.

Yeah, like if you have gloves on, doesn't matter how much they weigh, it matters that you have gloves on.
(honestly flynn's ring is pretty worthless, it's like 30 AR or something when maxed)

Its dark souls 2 but worse. Save your money.

Except most of that is wrong.
Solaire shrines? You mean the Warrior of Sunlight statue that's in every DaS game?
Crystal Sage area is brown? I thought it was green.
How? It's just as vague as the other Souls games.
Pyromancy is meh, unless you 2h WHT
Hyperarmor.
How?

Not really.
This game somehow manage to have the worst replay value of all of the games, including Bloodborne.
The game is basically Bloodborne, reskinned to be Dark Souls.
If you want to play something like Dark Souls but more polished, just play Bloodborne.

This is coming from a person who has roughly 600 hours in Demon's Souls, 1500 hours in Dark Souls, 2000 hours in Dark Souls 2, and 300 Hours in Bloodborne.

This is my favorite series of games and I have every reason to shill it. I can't though. Dark Souls 3 is a horrifically buggy, unbalanced, unoriginal pile of goo. Don't buy it.

Yea, no. You're an idiot.
Halberds have the most damage for their weight spare things like the Dark Sword, Estoc, and Anri's SS.
Halberds gain hyper armor almost at the exact moment their animations start, and goes all the way to their end. Their attacks have incredibly small recovery frames so they're incredibly safe, even on whiff. They're effectively longer than spears considering that spears in this game are slow as shit. The hitstun is so strong that you can easily hit-confirm a R1 into an L2 R2 combo and deal 1000+ damage. All of this is topped off with the fact that almost every weapon in this game has 100% tracking when locked on.

Redpill me on Das2's flaws. I finished 3, and i'm considering a playthrough of 2.

1. Different artists and director than in the other games made the areas in the base game for the most part, feel very lifeless.

2. Game had a matchmaking mechanic based on the total amount of souls accrued, not based on level. (Actually a sound mechanic, but it was incredibly unfriendly to new players and people ignorant to how it operated. Made a great deal of people incredibly upset as they would either get no matches, and when they did it would be with someone who was probably a much more powerful character)

3. Was released with the promise of no DLC's, but ended up having 3 and a season pass. It was also re-released on new consoles, with many serious improvements. Basically, alot of people were Jewed.

4. It was different. Souls fans typically disliked it as it played completely differently. Game was mostly designed to be multiplayer as well.

Now that Dark Souls 3 is out, I really hope people start to realize how good they had it with Dark Souls 2, and that Dark Souls was a fluke. Demon's souls is the only seriously good Souls game. Bloodborne is great as well, but that's no surprise considering it's context.

It's worth a single play through but it's still the weakest in the series.

Horrible enemy tracking on a majority, everyone in DS2 went to ballet school.
Hitboxes are pretty awful, some are good, some are "what the fuck why does the grab hit behind him, did the guy who did the plesioth hipcheck box design this", and massive slowdown in random areas.
It didn't play differently than the other souls games, backstabs were just nerfed to the point of uselessness for the most part. You still spam R1 with R2 being fairly useless.
They added Powerstancing though which is neat. That was then removed from DS3 for whatever reason.
Like it's not an awful game, it's pretty bad at times though.
Honestly it's the weakest of the soul series, but not a horrible game. It certainly has parts that try.

The fuck are you on about DS2 was worse in literally every way aside from callbacks from DS3. Hitboxes on the whole are better, No hugely dominant meta in PvP, removal of poise is questionable, but it's better than "oh look everyone wears hayvels…. again"
Honestly I'd rate it like this DeS=DS1>DS3>BB>DS2

BB was just not a very good game. It's one of the few games I have to force myself to finish each time I decide to play it. Like it's better than DS2, but that's only because the hitboxes and tracking aren't god awful. It has good areas too as opposed to DS2 which has 0.
The setting is okay, the music is good, and that's the good. Everything else about the game is average. The trick weapons usually have a dominant form or none at all in the case of the boom hammer, that's just flat better than the other one 80% of the time. You play the same way no matter what you build with minor variations, and you pretty much hit your endgame setup by the time you kill Rom (arcane builds withstanding which hit theirs once you kill the first DLC boss). Not to mention RNG on gem drops, but that's really only if you're min maxing. Chalice dungeons are awful too, but they're only required if you're doing a 100% run so I can't take it out too hard on them, but fuck that was an awful design choice.

shit that got fixed
hamfisted story that didn't
faggots that like to whine about nonissues and being bad at games

Which is nine times since it released about a year ago, right? That's the number you're at now?

wow has it really only been that long.
It feels longer.
But yeah. I was desperate to get some play time out of it.

Glad to see you still can't come up with anything though

I'm still waiting to hear a response on the Winter Lantern in the Nightmare Plains which can easily be avoided, which apparently you never figured out in your nine playthroughs. I thought maybe you were too embarrassed to reply.

You can't avoid the giant eyeball. and there's 2 in your way.

That's Nightmare of Mensis, not the Nightmare Plains.

Not if you're talking about Nightmare Plains, there is only one out on the ledge leading to the boss, there are two or three down in the cavern in the swamp. If you're talking about Nightmare of Mensis again, there's three on the bridge and one in a room leading to the Blood Rock, which is an optional item.

Okay so in the area where it's actually a problem there's 3. So sorry if I got the name confused between two incredibly similarly named areas.

Three that you never have to encounter unless you're going for the Blood Rock. Even the Brain of Mensis can be eliminated if you know what to do.

Well you get so autistic about the Nightmare Plains in every Souls-related thread that I thought for sure you'd know exactly the area you're talking about, now that you say the Nightmare of Mensis instead it makes more sense. I don't think I've ever hit 100% Frenzy in that area even at 40 Insight or whatever I happen to be when I get there.

Like I said, I think I'm getting a clearer picture of what the problem is.

There's a lot more shitty gimmick bosses though, and some are just pathetically easy like Ancient Wyrven and Profaned Giant.

except to kill the brain you have to already have gone past it. Not to mention the hitbox for the brain raising your frenzy is spotty at best, "I'm seeing you at the worst"
Also you've never been frenzied got it.

Not because of the Brain of Mensis anyway. Just checking, you do know that you can hide behind the things in the field to avoid its line of sight?

Yeah it doesn't work a majority of the time.
Nice try though, you still haven't adressed a single complaint outside of last time you brought up post numbers and then ran away claiming "you were too good for this argument" and here we are again

Have you considered the problem might just be on your end?

I've tried, you are just set in your opinions. Which is probably the reason that you're so easy to recognize, you come to every one of these threads spreading your opinions like the gospel.

Partially you just can't account for taste, I see you've placed Dark Souls at the top of your ranking, equal to Demon's Souls, despite how laughably unfinished the last half of the game is, or how mediocre the level design is outside of the Undead Burg, Blighttown, and the Painted World. Or how you won't budge to say that anything other than R1 spamming a weapon in a single form is the best strategy, better than utilizing both forms or knowing the weapon's moveset and choosing the right attacks based on the enemy's movement. Any suggestion that transforming your weapon or choosing a particular move at a certain time or changing your strategy is just met with a flat "No it isn't", no explanation. Like with avoiding the Brain of Mensis, maybe you need to consider the problem is you just aren't very good at the game.

I do sympathize and realize you want to move past the discussion of Nightmare of Mensis since you're unquestionably losing on this one, but I don't see what else there is to discuss, you're a brick wall.

Hey, you're welcome to point out anyone in this thread who's posted more than you have. Really, take a look at any thread you're in right now, do you have the highest post count?

Hey I'm not too set believe it or not, you just have to come up with something you know actually decent rather than "you can just play the game in a way that only quadruples casual kill times, and even then is still harder because of the game not being designed for it"

It's a solid indication of the most autistic person in the thread, more often than not. I'm pretty sure I'm #2.

If they gave the weapon that moveset, they intended for that moveset to be fully utilized, not just the move that builds up the fastest dps. If they give a weapon a second form, that form has some utility. If a weapon makes use of a stat like Bloodtinge or Arcane, that's a viable part of the build.

Trying a new playstyle and thinking to yourself "I could be doing this much more quickly by using that weapon I was using last time and using the fastest attacks possible, that would be more fun" is just flat out the wrong mentality to have. Same reason people do SL1 fist builds, because it can be done, and doing it is fun.

Step backwards.
BB is more polished on all fronts except diversity, but what it streamlined it did so for a good cause. Combat is fluid and fast with excellent animations and combos. It reminds me a lot of DeS combat where every attack flows together, but much faster.

DaS3 combat is floaty and clunky. Enemies turn on ball bearings as do most bosses so it becomes a game of entirely abusing iframes. Player movement has absolutely no weight to it barring one rarely activated turn around you're unlikely to ever see as it doesn't seem to happen now that you can sprint while locked on. Building is also fucking shit as they decided to tie equip weight to a dump stat while making the main reason for equip weight do absolutely nothing (poise). Its essentially Resistance 2 and only serves as a fashion stat. Level design is utter shit. Areas are wide and open with absolutely no interesting shortcuts in themselves, and absolutely no areas have shortcuts to other areas ala DaS.

This shitty level design becomes a bigger problem should you decide to pvp at all as whoever you're pvping with can just backstrafe with a shield up infinitely and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. Worse, should they try to heal they're probably going to do it. Its completely unpunishable. No shooting them for a visceral, no running behind them for a backstab, nothing. If they are locked onto you they will literally turn with your character while drinking. Not that it would matter a whole lot as chugging is faster than ever. Think thats bad? Think you'll have fun in invasions instead? Well hey you thought wrong. Its Dark Souls: Look Mom I Can Be Hardcore Too Edition. Hosts can summon 3 (THREE) phantoms, as well as a fourth blue phantom through a covenant that they can switch into at ANY TIME. They can even unequip it while he is summoned. Bad? Worse. All of those phantoms can heal independently. Best part? Giant tree seeds are back from DaS2 as if that wasn't already enough of a handicap ontop of the 4 phantoms and nigh infinite healing they can now turn every enemy in the level against you too! Oh and the builds, if you're using a slower weapon you're fucked. All it takes from any one of those 4 buttbuddies is a shield and back strafing and you will never hit them.

Its a terrible fucking game and the worst case of buyers remorse I've felt since the original DaS2 collector's edition.

Go back to BB, its a fucking masterpiece.

Actually it's more along the lines of "Wow all of these attacks are flat worse than the basic, either stamina consumption wise, dps wise, or attack range wise"

Stamina consumption, dps, and attack range aren't everything, considering the damage type and the move itself is also important. You're not going to get very far if you're using the stabbing moves on the Hunter Axe instead of the overhead chops, or if you're trying to fight the kin with any R1 combo which typically involves blunt damage. You can consistently deal damage, but you're not doing it intelligently. Honestly reminds me of watching This Is How You Don't Play Bloodborne.

It's not even true for the stamina consumption and attack range. First you're saying that there's no reason to transform your weapon 80% of the time, now you're saying they're worse in attack range. Weapons like the Saw Cleaver and the Threaded Cane trade dps for attack range, that's the whole point.

DPS includes damage type.
And the boom hammer's main combo is transform attack, normal attack, transform attack, normal attack, repeat until out of stamina or dead.

Boom Hammer's one of the only bad examples, same goes for the Tonitrus. The fact that you even need to use it as an example should show how good the rest of the weapon's transformations are. Try again.

Saw Cleaver's untransformed is such a massive DPS increase it's better to just do the transform attack than to actually stay in transformed mode if you need the range. Rifle Spear's transformed is better for literally everything. MGS transformed is massively better than the untransformed with few exceptions.

Thankfully transformed or not, you don't change how you play at all. Fish for the same openings, play in melee range, abuse I-frames on your dodge to maximize your damage between the boss's attacks.

Not if you're trying to aim for a large boss's critical point like the Amygdala or Ebrietas or the Undead Giant, it doesn't reach high enough. Only the transformed R1s do the vertical slashing that reaches that high. Same goes for bigger enemies like the Church Giants who take critical damage to the head.

The "few exceptions" being the 50% of the enemies in the game that are resistant to arcane damage?

I know you keep saying this over and over and over again, so I don't know why I bother trying, but this is just not true. A lot of weapons are much slower in the transformed mode, so much so that you won't be able to get an attack in during the same openings that other weapons can.

Except you still fish for the same larger openings.
You don't just suddenly ignore the larger ones because you have a faster weapon.

I have never given a shit about PVP in these games but I have to agree completely here. I can't even bring myself to play NG+ on D3, I went to do a Skill/Arcane guy on BB instead.

Fuck shields.

So we're retreating from the wording of the "exact" same openings you were saying before?

You could also consider using moves that give you hyperarmor, common in transformed weapons, to deal with the smaller openings. Or attacks more likely to stagger the enemy where weaker attacks wouldn't, like the Kirkhammer and Ludwig's Holy Blade transformed. Or I guess you could just fish for the same openings and spam R1 and then complain about the lack of playstyles.

It's the exact same openings.
also nice one "you could play in a stupid way that actively punishes you for playing, and only works on certain enemies, or you could you know just attack them the most efficient way, not lose HP and kill them just as fast"

It would punish you if it weren't for the rally system, because of that you'll more often than not regain all health while using hyperarmor moves. Same way you'll usually end up dealing more damage with the transformed Kirkhammer than its faster normal form, you can stagger enemies at times you otherwise couldn't. You just need to be willing to experiment and have some imagination.

not all, you're still losing HP every time, which is a direct punishment. See the kirk hammer has a unique ability that literally every other weapon in the game has. You can dodge and attack in rapid succession. by using this technique you can A:not eat an attack and B:manage to kill enemies without getting hit first
This unique ability called the dodge move also has invincibility frames, so if you're doing it right, you don't even need to pay attention to what the attack looks like!

You do, actually. A lot of those attacks extend well beyond the iframe count and sweep, if you're in the wrong place when your dodge ends you're taking a hit. See: Undead Giant for an incredibly early and straightforward example of this.

And then immediately regaining it, so it's not a punishment unless you lose so much health to the hit that it kills you.

Did you just say the Kirkhammer can attack "in rapid succession"? Nigger are you serious?

Yeah, good luck dodge spamming your way out of Ludwig and the Orphan of Kos.

This just boggles my mind, the main complaint is that the game has a limited playstyle, but it's because you're pathologically determined to play it in the most straightforward way possible and balk at the idea of doing anything new, I just don't get it. Do you think I'm lying to you? This is a viable way the game can be played and is not some gimmicky method, it will kill the enemies quickly and efficiently. You need to actually try it for yourself to judge it.

If you know when to dodge it's not really a problem though. Undead giant also hits hard so you won't regain all your hp back, especially with the kirkhammer.

Yeah can you attack more than once in a stagger? if yes, that's "in rapid succession"

Try to tank ludwig's attacks using super armor and regaining it all. That'll work I swear.

It is if you just dodged into the end of his sweep, ergo your position of dodge matters.

It's just "in succession".

More than half of the bosses can be staggered in that way.

Or another example of needing that is maria's flames will linger under the ground and still hit you. So not every attack, but a vast majority you can just ignore and Iframe through.

There's… all the human bosses so yeah that's about half. Too bad that strategy is completely useless against the other half. Useless in cursed chalice dungeons, useless unless you have spare healing items against bosses because they do so much damage per hit. Useless against attacks that hit more than once.
But no it's completely viable and a certain way to get killed against a large majority of enemies

With a high enough vitality stat it probably would be viable in the Cursed Chalices, and if anything it's most efficient against groups. With the other bosses you could, heaven forbid, change your playstyle, in the same way you'd change your playstyle against something that doesn't need rapid attacks and constant dodging.

Playing any dark Souls game is a step backwards.

Naw even with 50 vit your max hp in chalice dungeons is only 750, that's enough to get one shot by the bosses

Use the mod called Uninstall.exe

I can't remember whether I capped my vitality at 20 or 30 when I did the Cursed Chalice but I still don't think I was getting one-shot by anything besides the Watchdog's charge or the Amygdala's arcane slamming attacks.

I went in at 40 and was getting one shot by the slower claymore dude's downwards swipe, watchdog's lunge, amy's jump & slams. The random amy swipes would do about 60%.
Normal enemy grabs were 1 shots, most random hits did about 50%.

So there's a special chalice and some larger bosses where you absolutely need the i-frames. I'm not hearing a "large majority of enemies".

Any enemy that can't be staggered or deals multiple hits at once.

A lot of enemies can be staggered by stronger moves when they otherwise wouldn't be.

Irrelevant if you're out of the range of the hits, which is possible with extended weapons.

You wouldn't be "using super armor to tank a hit and use regain" otherwise.

So your "pro" strat is useless against enough enemies where as the "dodge and hit them" is never invalid and is higher dps. So why exactly would I do that other than "this game all plays the exact way I have to try to do something to make it interesting"

If you can do something else and make it interesting, then it doesn't all play the exact same way.

And your claim is even more difficult to believe. I'm working on a hypothetical that you could play most of the game this way, since I know I've used it in a lot of different situations. But you're pitching the idea that these tactics would never be useful. It would never be useful to try to tank a hit and then regain when you know that you're using a slow weapon with hyperarmor. It would never be useful to extend your weapon and try to stay out of the reach of an enemy even if the hits are slower. It would never be useful to use attacks that can knock down groups of enemies. You should only ever use the fastest R1 moves and then spam dodges, because that's one way to get through the game.

I wish there was a boss where parrying it is the ONLY ONLY way to win the fight. Just to hear people bitching about it.

How bad is the hacking on the PC version. I'm thinking about getting it but if online is totally ruined because of faggot hackers, might as well just pirate.

I have 100 hours played and tons of invasions/fight clubs and haven't encountered any cheating.

So my game keeps crashing whenever I load in Firelink. Which is where my characters are saved at.
Does anyone know a fix, or am I sol?

Your pc cant take it, look all the way down,and reach the bonfire.

I haven't run into any myself, but just have backups on you just in case.

They're never as good as just flat killing it faster because of how good dodging is.
It's more it's so much infinitely better than the shit strats you're putting out there's no real reason to.
I can do a fist only run without using the X button, does this mean it's actually viable and not a shit gimmick? Answer no

x360ce if you want to play with a non-360 controller. Yes you need a controller, the game is unbearable with keyboard controls.

DSfix for framerate unlock, higher resolution rendering, and other tweaks. The physics is tied to framerate, which causes serious issues at 120hz but works fine for the most part at 60hz. Pressing backspace toggles between 30hz and your selected framerate, in case you need to make a tight jump or you're stuck on a slope or something.

For online, set your download region in Steam to "USA LAN," it's the most populated region.
Install DSCM or you won't make any P2P connections.
Then install DSPW to auto-block blatant cheaters.

You said in another post that you don't care about online play, but you really should set it up correctly. The game is so much more fun when you feel your palms sweat as someone invades your world, the adrenaline rush as he takes out half your health in one swing, then eternal smugness as you beat him to a pulp and taunt on his corpse. On top of that, you said
and well, Dark Souls is intended to be played with the threat of PvP invasions, so you're not getting the full experience if you keep it disabled.

As for gameplay advice, play expecting that you are going to reroll a few times as you get the hang of things. Minor spoilers for a noob-friendly build, read these after you've put a few hours into the game and are ready to start your first serious character:
Weapons have both a base damage and a scaling rating that affects how much benefit they get from points you put into STR or DEX. Upgrading your weapon to increase these factors is by far the best use of souls early on.
Eventually you can choose to either keep upgrading your weapon normally, or turn it into an elemental weapon, like Fire or Lightning. Fire in particular is easy to get early on, while a Lightning Spear can be found in the early-middish game in Sen's Fortress. These elemental weapons give up all damage scaling in exchange for nearly doubled base damage, half of it dealt in the element of choice. This is especially useful as many enemies have weaknesses you can exploit, but you will need a backup plan for enemies that are strong against the element of your main weapon.
So the easiest start is to dump all of your souls into VIT for HP and END for stamina and higher equip weight, only upgrade STR or DEX enough to equip the weapon you want to use, and rely on the high base damage of an elemental weapon to carry you the rest of the way. In really high level PvP you will get outdamaged by people with stat scaling weapons, but for normal gameplay you will be a lot safer than someone who dumped all of their souls into STR or DEX early on, being able to tank hits as you learn instead of getting your shit kicked in at the slightest mistake.
Upgrading your shield can be worthwhile, but all it does is increase Stability, which is the amount of stamina you lose when deflecting a hit. So don't bother until you've found a decent shield. The Heater Shield which Warriors start with, and can be purchased at an early vendor, or the Kite Shields which can be purchased at another early one, are both good choices.
Don't bother upgrading your armor, it's not worth it early on and until late game you will keep finding superior replacements.

I've run into cheaters, but they're few and far between. I did get a guy who was handing out softbans once but you can always keep a backup on hand to prevent that from happening. There's an auto save backup tool that you can use to make it easier for you.

I'd recommend looking up what "viable" means.