Yfw the response to Nioh online makes devs go back the PS2 era design period of pre 1900's fantasy horror games set in...

Do you feel it user? we could have nice things again.

Stop shilling this garbage.
It's another attempt to get souls audience without understanding why said audience even exists.
Same shit as Lords of The Fallen.

im talking about aesthetic and setting you knee jerk meme queen.

I bet the response wasn't even anything special .

Every goddamn time something other than what's trendy on Holla Forums pops the fuck up.

I played the demo, and as a matter of fact it was even worse that LOTF. If one can imagine that.

Great, good for you faggot.

Stop acting like every other fucker that tries to immediately kill a thread.

It's shit, stop talking about shit, so we have less shit thread in general.
Is this so hard?

I'l kill you and rape your body. Tell me your address.

You sound like every other fucking parrot on this board. At least throw some constructive criticism around, let a thread breathe a little for the people that actually enjoyed it.

fucksake
FUCK off /int/

Thats not how Holla Forumss current plan of action works. Havent you noticed how almost every thread this week has a sage and 'you are a shill/gb2 4chan' as the first response?
Its just their usual sad divide and conquer stuff because imageboard politics are what they get up for in the morning.

You are not even trying.

Art style is the single one thing not shit thing about the whole affair, and even then we have generic main character, generic medieval japan setting, generic everything.

So naturally when i make a thread talking about the artstyle exclusively this butthurt was your default reaction?
Theres a time to pause and take a breath before you post, save the knee jerk outrage for tumblr.

stop
shilling
shit
games

Go play more overwatch, faggot.

It was so nice to play another survival action game like Ninja Gaiden. The mechanics were varied (once you upgraded and unlocked them) and had enough subtleties to discover that even after 15 hours I was still experimenting and appreciating the nuances of combat. It's a game that really demands you git gud, and it's immensely satisfying when the combat clicks.

Oh well that irrational response settles it, fuck of /int/ nobodies biting today, go find fresh waters to cast your sour b8 in.

I gave you my rational response, you don't seem to have any counter arguments to it.

What shitty does moba of the month have anything to do with it?

Combat should "click" right when you touch the controls. Sounds like you just got adjusted to the game's bullshit after being exposed to it for enough time.

I wonder if 90% of the mobs are going to be humans in the main game.

It will be shit when it gets ported to PC, just watch.

Have you ever played a character action game? It seems like you're just impatient or bad at videogames. Pretty much every move in your arsenal is essential to survival, it's a matter of understanding what your character is capable of and properly using it.

As opposed to non-character action game?
The fuck does that even mean? Stylish action? Or slower paced methodical action? Yeah I play both of those.
In Nioh you only need your basic attack though.

bump

both of those are just you being shit at the game though. Like not even joking, you should be abusing the fuck out of Ki bursts to get your stamina back to continue your combos, and in low stance dodging does a ki burst for free.

I always love the small japanese town setting, like in fatal frame 2.
I honestly do want more, but I also kinda want it at the level of graphic fidelity that ps2 games where at, man I miss like end generation ps2 stuff

Hey but hopefully we get some more neato japanese horror like settings

Is pic 1 a good game?

I hope there are more daytime levels. Dark and rainy will get old after a while you know? I also hope that there's some way to upgrade weapons you like aesthetically instead of just switching to the next best weapon. I had a really cool sword that had prayer beads woven into it but it wasn't cutting it damage wise

Did you play the second level? There were few human enemies and mostly yokai monsters running around

I NEED a level that is just tall grass at sunset

I'm not sure if the best cutting power was/is gonna be needed, I cleared the demo with the first katana you get broken, so I think it really only matters if you need the edge

He's a foreigner too

Another game for retarded soulsfags to circlejerk about. I'm really looking forward to this.

keep trying /int/ mcgodschteinberg.

I don't think that was the intent.

Faggotry abound.

>Not liking Gregory horror show

user please

You shouldn't like japanese stuff, that makes you a weeb and I should hate you, Filthy Frank said so.

this tbh fam. franku is bae

I don't even care about Nioh but you're a faggot

I just came in to tell you you're are a faggot without patience and a memespewer

please tell me im wrong

I just want another good Ninja Gaiden game

There is one.

You would wish you were wrong if you knew.

Imagine bootleg shadowman clone.

feels not batman

These three indicate that you're turbo bad at the game. It actively rewards aggressive but competent play. I honestly don't know what tracking issues you had, virtually every attack was clearly telegraphed.
Everything else is just nitpicking about visuals, which may or may not be valid complaints, but it betrays a lack of understanding of the mechanics and a subsequent inability to criticize it on those grounds outside of your personal failures.

Onimusha was the tightest shit, more of it is very welcomed

welcome to Holla Forums where you can't talk about video games lest you be a shill

Want.

Fuck off retard.

Will it ever happen?

Fuck
Fuck I want that so bad
We need more Japanese detective bullshit

fuck it, i will play it user, please tell me the name

Why doesn't anyone design a game where advance players can invade other player's single player as world npcs or as bosses?

WHY ANONS, WHY!!!!!?!!?!?!?!

Dragons Dogma kinda

There's left 4 dead where you can play as a tank kind of.
There was Yellow monk in Demon souls which made the summoned player a super black phantom

What little tracking there is in Nioh is not even close to being anywhere near as bad as the turtle knights or the knights in Dragon Aerie in DaS2.

I think your problem is that you're so focused on the game supposedly being a Souls clone that you tried to play it like a Souls game rather than playing it like you would, say, Ninja Gaiden.

Vid related.

The rest is all subjective, but
you cannot seriously compare a game unfavourably to Dark Souls 2 and then disparage said game in the same post by saying that it has low quality animations.

There isn't a single enemy introduced in Dark Souls 2 that looks like the animation team had finished them. Every single one is a jumpy, disjointed mess with motion blur stacked on in an attempt to make the fact that they're all clearly unfinished less obvious, when all it does it worsen the effect.

In terms of animation quality, Nioh is the Ara Pacis to DaS2's Artist's Shit. A lot of games are.

Good job japan. They can't make good games. Just happy little accidents.

Well why don't you provide some alternative games with good combat instead of just coming in here to shitpost? You know actually try to have a conversation instead of just yelling "IT'S SHIT!".

That reminds me, I really liked nue's face

Severance Blade of Darkness.
Die by the Sword.
Rune kind of maybe.

This thread was destined to get fucked up and I am happy to oblige.

There was a pretty wide scale demo released just a bit ago user

A demo is a cause for optimism, not

Shit thread.
Shit game.
Shit posts.

That is a bit of an exaggeration on your part buddy.

Eh if it holds though, it's gonna be a pretty fun game.
I mean sure they could pull a DS2, but it seems like there's quite a bit of passion put into the game from the writer and director so they don't seem likely to try to pull it off.

No shit. Thank you for pointing that out.

You have a shit life?

My one complaint is that you need to farm up your healing items and you can only have ten at a time. If the extras went into an extra box that replenished what you were missing when you died it would be niceā€¦ granted it doesn't take too long to farm them, but its boring when i want to go kill Nue.

Well then why are you saying
When all he said was that we might start to have nice things again?

That thing on the second picture, where's that from?

If the OP had made a statement like this, I wouldn't have had a problem. Nioh is not on my radar but I'll see what people have to say once it comes out. Then pirate it anyways because it seems I hate video games more than people on Holla Forums now.

The OP makes the implication that the game will be successful and that the industry will want to follow its example. Fuck that. No game is good or bad until it gets released.

Nevermind, I won't be pirating.

You're gonna have a hard time.
Director signed and exclusivity contract a bit ago.
Originally he wanted it to be a book, but after playing Onimusha he decided that "Hey I can make a video game and have it be a better medium to tell my story"

You got all that from we could have nice things again? You need to calm down user you are reading way too deep into things that people say.

Are you saying that the industry tries to mimic unsuccessful games? What other possible reason would there be for something to be mimicked other than its success? I'm not saying Nioh will be unsuccessful or bad, I'm saying OP is a faggot.

Please tell me where in the OP does he say that the games industry is going to mimic Nioh. Because you are just putting words in OPs mouth at this point.

Yfw the response to Nioh online makes devs go back the PS2 era design period of pre 1900's fantasy horror games set in japan.

because it's pointless. bosses are beatable, whereas advanced players are not. not by the average casul, anyway. your idea is bad and you are a retard.

Not as shit as this thread.

Wasted trips

This is the future you chose.

Screw you, my idea is great! I hate you!

Actually i was specifically talking about the positive buzz around the setting since it was a common one in the ps2 era that completely died off by gen 7 and is sorely missed.

It's a good idea lad, don't listen to that cunt.

So rather than saying its shit, what would you want Nioh to have for it to be better?
For me, I want to have more incentives for having the sword sheathed. Sure, you've got the one attack to use but I'm talking a complete moveset. Something that rewards more counter attacks or is just fast and flashy and makes you unable to block

there's a few moves for it

It'd be cool if there were multiple phases to a boss fight in which you could do something to build your sword's strength - something that requires precision and timing to achieve - that would then allow you to take out huge chunks of the boss' health at once.

Shinobi has a game mechanic like this called "Tate". Basically, you can kill most enemies very easily, like in one to four hits. Enemies usually attack in groups, and your sword grows stronger with each successive kill, so you want to kill enemies quickly in quick succession in order to get the most out of your onslaughts. This encourages an aggressive playstyle.

Maybe this doesn't have to be a central gameplay mechanic; maybe a singular weapon could be capable of this which could give you a temporary boost in attack power or something. Anything to encourage an aggressive style.

I just want another Tenchu game

I just want shinobi X put up digitally, god that ate up so many hours of my saturns lifespan.

The thing about Nioh is that it's mediocre.
It has great graphics and atmosphere, but the gameplay is completely forgettable.

only if you're bad at it