Literally making a joke only a Youtube clickbait video or Season 20 Simpsons would make

BRAVO HARMON

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/30798517
twitter.com/McDonalds/status/917169818725384192
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That was a weird season finale, and the minecraft joke seemed pretty shitty though I chuckled at Rick's autism comment. I especially didn't like the meta-reference to South Park, but I liked how the Beth question(s) turned out.

All in all I liked season 3, felt better than season 2.

I don't know. Season 2 had some really good episodes, like the microverse episode, but it also had Tiny Rick.

Season 2 was the worst, season 3 was mediocre, and I need to rewatch season 1 to decide if it was better or worse than season 3, but that's not gonna happen, so I assume it's about the same.
Overall, this cartoon is shit.

Really strange ending, almost like they didn't know how to end it. Better than throwing Rick in superjail again as a cliffhanger just to see him Rick his way out in the next season like he does in every episode. People are throwing around the idea of there being a Christmas episode in store this year, which would be a totally fitting holiday to contrast Rick's nihilism if that formula hadn't been done to death ten times over. Who knows, maybe it'll be original, creative and an all around decent episode.

thanks for your needed input

WHAT HAPPEN TO THE STEVE WHO'S HOUSE GOT CREEPED? HE WAS
DESTROYED

Hey Holla Forums

Season 2 had the biggest lows, but it also had some really good episodes. I don't think anything in season 3 was as good as the parasite or microverse or goodbye moonmen episodes.

Whelp. It look like that pic of Rick & Morty being a reddit show for redditors was true all along. I'm now 300% not watching that shit at all.
t. user who never watch reddit & maymay

POP CULTURE REFERENCE

WRONG.

faggots like you should hang themselves

for season 2 the good episodes were
and the above average episodes were

Season 3 didn't have any great episodes had plenty of good scenes but no episodes that were good overall

Season 1 had a greater number of good episodes overall
but season 1 also had a really shitty one too

I think its like that IQ distribution chart, the more women they hire the closer the range becomes so we end up with mostly mediocre junk that would not have caught our attention in season 1

Funny how everybody here hates rick and morty yet watch every episode just to hate it some moee

They're just afraid to admit they like it because it's popular.

We watch it because of Justin’s genius and hate it because of Fat Hardon’s cuckoldry.

have you been living under a rock or are you just baiting

Hey Holla Forums

hey Holla Forums Holla Forums is not for furries, Holla Forums is mostly flatchested "legal" lolis

Fuck off we have 3 threads already on R&M.

I liked the season finale. It is weird to enjoy getting back into the status quo, especially with Rick being shit on and Jerry having a break.

Harmon and his harem, trying to be hip with the kids.

hey 4chan

You had to log into your account so you can turn the trigger alert off, sucks doesn't it?

I really like this picture, really, I do.

Sam Hyde really is trying to divert attention from him being the suspect of the las vegas shooting. Russian news knows its him. He and Patton Oswalt will pay for their crimes. They can't keep getting away with it.

How can he still be at large AND posting on social media???? What is the gubment doing????

The autism is terminal user

any webm of the scene?

Only a retard hates blindly.

MORTY WE'RE TATTOOS NOW, LYNCHALYNCHALYNACHNIIIIIGER

Aw geez, Rick, we're inked on some fat feminist's back, aren't we?

aside from ep 1 and 7 the entire season was weak as fuck due to flanderisation and hamfisted character development
the finale was especially weak

I give this one a "filler season" out of 10

it's all the shit we joke about but done unironically in a 12 second clip. When did we go to hell and how do we get out?

OH GEEZ RICKY LOOK I TURNED INTO TINY MORT! TINY MOOOOOOOOOOOORT!

What's that screenshot from?

What the fuck is that from?

the only good thing about this whole damn season

american anime was a mistake.

We can't. The Ride NEVER ends.

The finale was really bad. The crystal concert episode was really bad too. Rest and rickation, atlantis and vindicators were pretty good. I was ok with pickle rick and a lot of the rest for this season, but the finale was such a let down. It was played so safe that it went limp-dick and there were no consequences for rick's actions. It felt like Rick was getting lampooned this season. He went from being an outcast of the ricks to an omnipotent being.

I was surprised that Harmon didn't try to shoehorn Trumf memes into the show. The left are going crazy over him.

vimeo.com/30798517

Thanks

Its his assistant, not him.

countersage

It's from a Chuck Lorre sitcom called Mom. It's about a recovering alcoholic single mother.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

My reddit coworkers actually like Tiny Rick. Why can't the world end?

same, but I still have a feeling deep down that season 4 is going to open with Rick and Beth jumping through a portal to kill their clone-selves.
reddit furiously types away at how genius and deep this was

at the very least this opens up an "alternate timeline" where Beth chose to leave, I'm willing to bet they'll be an episode with 2 Beths in the next season- she shows up from the alternate universe with the portal gun. I'm not going to write that off yet, it might be a good episode.
This season was a mixed bag for sure but so was season 2.
remember someones cat-fursona self insert on the "purge episode"?

some people are saying this is supposed to be Bannon

I actually don't remember this. Is this legit? What the fuck.

I don't know why I made this

It could be Rumsfeld too. Actually, it does look a lot more like Rumsfeld than Bannon.

It was. There were some pretty good episodes, but some real shitters as well. I still can't believe how bland the ending was either. It was the kind of ending you make when you know you're about to get shitcanned, but you also hope to get work elsewhere at the studio. Season 2 had a much better ending than 3. At least there, you had Rick acting selfless even though he plays it off later on. However, Rick confirms his initial act of compassion when toxic Rick gives up to save toxic Morty later in the season. Rick and relaxation showed that to some, being healthy means being a sociopath. The only part of Rick that had any compassion for his grandson was toxic Rick and healthy Morty was very obvious when it came to how emotionless he was. Healthy Morty had no qualms with hurting Rick or anyone else, by how nonchalant he was in threatening Rick in the parking lot.

Have a better version.

Furfags deserve to burn.

vs
You're right, it isn't even a choice. Yet furfags and their autism found a way.

What the fuck.

Thats because summer was made intentionally to look pathetic in that outfit. You know because they went WAY off model there, shes usually on the chubby side but in that scene she had the body of a 12 yo with tits.
That is also one of the main problems of the season, they had to go way out the left field to flanderize characters.

yea, literally someone's shitty OC character, who get's the jump on Rick, shoots him and steals his space ship. Rick recovers and gains control of the situation. He then decides to FORGIVE her, and team up to kill a bunch of people. Also Morty falls in love with her for some reason It's as if they let tumblr write an episode

You know very well why.

Get out furfag

Source?

OK Holla Forums

For some reason, you have been chosen to write Rick and Morty season 4. Amazing script writing powers have been bestowed upon you by God.

How would you fix/improve Rick and Morty?

Is it a normal slut?

No. Its as far from the usual as you can get, ergo, exotic

It's nothing but Rick/Morty adventures. No Summer Beth or Jerry.

It's not a slut at all. It's a God damn lizard.

Arguing with furfags is pointless. They are too far gone.

Nice try shitter, but they turned emojis off a while ago.

You're wrong, and I can prove it using logic and a wildly known test. You see, the lizard whore is an alien, as such, she must be judged with the Jack Harkness test of fuckability.

With a glance we can tell that the answer to all three is yes. More to the point, she is not only sentient, she uses her sentence, to dance naked for money, and arguably have sex for money too. Making her, by definition, a slut.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA IT'S A FUCKING LIZARD!!!!

1) Go back to purely sci-fi, non consequential stories (except for maybe a single episode that has a direct, unexpected connection with an earlier one). If you can't just reset the whole R&M universe to have limited universe hopping moments, at least make a plausible explanation a la "the juice used for universe hopping is so low I can't do this every week, Morty".
2) No Aliens or as little Aliens as possible. The scamming ones were pretty great because they came out of left field, everything else was terrible.
3) No drama apart from a couple of episodes centered on Rick and Morty's relationship, kind of like the episode where Morty chooses his own adventure and ends up almost raped. No shock humor either apart from moments when it's least expected (I literally read some pages of the comic book out of boredom and I could point out the specific pages when shit would hit the fan for no reason).
4) Beth, Jerry and Summer go back to being one-dimensional characters, more specifically drunken, smart but obviously flexible mother (remember, she's okay with her son having a sex doll and Jerry's parents cucking each other) , the voice of reason, down to Earth but obviously unfit for this universe father and a comic relief that spoofs on Teen Drama and occasionally has to help Morty.
5) Center it more on actual pseudo science taken to its limits, it's one thing if Rick gives a coherent but obviously impossible scientific explanation about what's going on and it's a much worse one if he just goes "trust me im smrt".
6) For the love of God, tone it down with the goddamned references. No one but reddit finds a Mad Max episode any funny, especially if you specifically call it out like that. Also, an episode where Rick is self aware that it's just a cartoon (instead of a 4th wall breaking joke every once in a while) would be much better.
6) Have Evil Morty being the actual series villain in the finale, but with a realistic backstory that loops around to the pilot episode. Something like "my Rick made me smart thanks to the mega seeds so I've realized the futility of helping him and I just want to stop Rick Sanchez from tainting universes" or some bullshit like that.

You have such a strong reaction against this. I think you like the lizard whore, but are in denial because you hate furries so much.

To be blunt, you must have a pretty low IQ to like Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely up and front in your face about it, you don't need to be theoretical physician chemist to know HOW these cheap jokes work. Rick and his nihilistic outlook is cheaply added to his "character"- and his personal philosophy draws from depressed, angsty, teenagers from tumblr who think they can do whatever they want on their safe space website. The fans are unknowingly confused about what even goes on in this show, they think they know, but really, they don't. Their brain cells must be pretty small to think these shows have "such deep meaning," in them. They aren't funny, and it just shows that life is worse in the real world than in R&M's world. Anyone who dislikes Rick and Morty, you have my grace, as you don't follow mindless idiots thinking "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," is some highly intellegent foreign russian literature or some crap. I'm cringing real hard right now, imagining some fanboy/fangirl pissing themselves over Dan Harmon's "Intellegent writing and jokes" in this show. How sad I feel over them.

Taken from a recent Polygon interview

How many seasons do you think Rick and Morty even has left?

It's going to last as long as Family Guy since that's what its become.

I don't think it has any left.

It's popular, they're going to milk it for everything.

>(((Comedy Central)))

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT

At least she's cute.

Actually that's a tv show on CBS.

I give it one more season.

Funny you say that considering the mad max episode was a literal carbon copy of Family Guy humor and pacing. And I mean a literal carbon copy, down to the camera angles and all.

And what would that be, if not a stream of gilligan cuts, weak referential humor, and dick jokes?

Yes, that's what he said.

Two things

1)You two are weebs

2)Space Dandy doesn't deserve a third season

Why not?

Because it didn't even deserve one

Why?

Spike's story ended respectfully and the creator didn't want to add another season.

You fucking retard.

Are you pretending to be retarded?

>>>/a/

No.

Two more.

Aftermath:

Honestly thats pretty optimistic. If anything it'll lose the hype it has now but keep enough redditors and faggots along to stay running for some years.

Our rapidly declining civilization is given to ever-greater fits of fan hysteria – the launch of Pokemon GO being another example. R&M has a while to run yet.

The only problem I had wth the show was that Rick was too competent and ahead of everyone else. He destroyed his two biggest enemies in one fell swoop. Although it supports the idea that he's the smartest man ever, it means any future adventure will not have high stakes since Rick will always win. Of course we want the characters to continue to live but this is too predictable. He was more appealing as a crazy grandpa who made gadgets that occasionally backfired instead of a hip nihilist that controls everything. This is why his rant claiming Jerry won was so out of left field, he didn't face any obstacle like that before and lose, why would he give up then? Also Morty's progressive bitterness and disillusionment, although understandable, makes him a lesser foil to contrast Rick.

In summary, the characters need to be more consistent for the stories to work. You can claim Rick keeps his motives unknown on purpose, but in storytelling terms this doesn't work for long.

Also Dan needs to quit drinking, go on a diet and stop using the internet if it offends him so much, the big baby.

Or TBS, what's the difference?

When did this faggy term enter everyone's vocabulary? I hate it so much. It means nothing but "things that hurt my feelings", but if you just came out and said that people would rightly think you were a pussy, so you dress it up like some kind of harmful chemical, doing real physical damage somewhere, somehow, and suddenly it's a thing that matters.

Looks like the use of the word toxicity hurts your feelings pretty bad.

So the Szechuan Sauce campaign was successful.
twitter.com/McDonalds/status/917169818725384192

It's almost like every single product mentioned in the show is a name brand product in reality.

Most shows don't do this because of the risk of being sued so they parody instead. I wonder why this show doesn't parody.

I do wonder.

They wouldn't be paid to shill those things, nah.

Got him user.

You're not triggered so you just had to reply to someone calling you triggered. Makes sense.

Ladies, you're all autistic.

Agreed. There was no reason to continue his story after that point.

Yes.
/a/ content goes on >>>/a/

But all /a/ talks about is flavor of the month Moeshit.

I'm so glad that the McDonalds I work at wasn't selling the sauce.

League of Legends. It got huge with normalfags for some reason and even though it's a terrible fucking game, a lot of idiots whose only experience with the internet was facebook and reddit, suddenly discovered that people are fucking mean to each other when they are competitive. People scream about their team and lag and hackers and scream insults and slurs at each other, and it's awesome. Normalfags saw that shit and after a lifetime of being coddled, it shocked them.

Suddenly everyone was talking about "toxicity" which later evolved into whining about online harassment, then cyberviolence, and now it's litera nazis tweeting you to the gas chamber..

Except you hear worse shit from normalfags IRL, why is it suddenly bad when it's the internet?

But Cowboy Bebop is /a/.

There's more.

Saying bad words and having someone vociferously blame you for fucking up everything and ruining a 40+ minute match are very, very different things.

Yeah! Fuck those people for having fun at a corporate event.!

Cowboy Bebop is Toonami.
Toonami is allowed
Beyonder put his foot down on this last year after the PGA fiasco. Granted that probably was a loophole exclusive to the AT General

here's the problem for you homos

Rule of thumb: Only western things in toonami (i.e. Samurai Jack) are Holla Forums. If it is made in japan, then is /a/

Here's the real problem.

I can't honestly, for the life of me, understand why they'd bring it back in such a limited quantity, for one day only. You could have had a months-long campaign to peddle this to the army of spergs who just want it because they worship Rick. It's the closes you could get to a legitimate money printing machine.

Oh boy, the autist obsessed with /a/ is back. Also beyonder said anything toonami related was fine

Which one we have many of those.

Makes you wonder tho what is even in Szechuan Sauce. Because from what I'd gathered as a chink who has been exposed to Chinese food shit that that typa sauce doesn't exactly exist as a dipping sauce.

Doesn't Szechuan just refer to a blend of spices? Pretty sure that can be made into a sauce.

Sichuan's cuisine revolves around bold and spicy food. Apparently the sauce the McDonald's was promoting seems more a mix of BBQ Sauce and Sweet and Sour.

Honestly though, who thought it was a good idea to only send out 30 packets per location of this shit? It should have been rolled out to every location for a month or two.

I hope Harmon enjoyed his cheque from McDonalds.

Normalfags are out of their comfort zone for once.

This has me in stitches.

I wonder how harmon feels about a shitty corporate joke of his killing as many people as the literal nazis this year

To be honest, you have to be a pretty average IQ in order to be able to enjoy Rick and Morty.
The humour is somewhat lukewarm, and fairly digestible be it with or without a masters degree in theoretical psychology.
Theres also Rick with his indifferent outlook on the world, being a fairly nondescriptive mixture of the classical understanding of, and the current popculture interpritation of nihilism that is occasionally hit and miss.
Fans and haters alike seem to enjoy crafting often inane and farfetched interpretations of the shows rather mediocre themes and messages.
The shows iconic phrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub" appears to cause both irrationally extatic as well as extatically irate reactions among the shows rather median target demographic, strangely enough. Which in itself raises the question if said demographic, and indeed the shows writers, really had any intimate knowledge of classical russian literature or some such among other things.
Im rather indifferent about the fan's reception of Dan Harmons lukewarm and well treaded tropes, and the ever so slightly amusing, purely functional writing. Such mediocrity, cant say I really feel either way about them.

This szechuan sauce shit is worse than 1,000 Brony Pizza Huts. The Rick and Morty fans are on track to become worse than Steven Universe, Homestuck, and and MLP combined.

He loves it, because he's constantly desperate for attention and validation, so he'll latch onto anything that the fans think is great and then try to do more shit like that to make them happy. Expect more sauce jokes and more pickle Rick if there's another season.

See? It's not the same joke and it's funny because it's satire. Guess you need to bump up the IQ.

A true American hero.

What a fucking tool.

Nah, I think Adult Swim will milk this for a couple more seasons, pass it on to FX or Fox and have one final terrible season.

Even normalfags are turning up fast against Ricky and Morty fanboys thanks to antics by guys like these. Can we actually say that they are just as bad as SU or Voltron fans?

If any of you can stand me shilling (((youtubers))), I think this guy hit a few nails on the head. Especially with the show ultimately playing it safe.

Normalfags are weak and can not deal with Malignant Behavior for long.

you made me watch 8 minutes of this

This faggot takes forever to get to his points, but he does articulate his points pretty well.

What the fuck, that Dan Harmon freak out in the podcast. That guy is nuts.

Alright, to take a serious stab at it while running on 2 hours of sleep?

Some broad strokes:

As for the five most recurring characters?

Beth:
>She can get on Morty's back for underperforming and argue with Jerry about what to do with the kids bonus points for freshness if Jerry is right

Jerry:

Summer:

Rick:

Morty:

Sample episode ideas if you need to do ANYTHING that isn't regular adventures, because the show has honestly been grand with pretty much every time it's done just those.
If you NEED a continuity element?
>Some element like Phoenixperson or a new character gets their own episode. At the end, they're presumed dead by R&M, but in truth get abducted. In a later season, abductor is revealed to be Evil Morty. Just don't make it obvious at the time, no face reveals or playing For the Damaged - Coda

I also like a lot of this. Listen to him.

I don't even like the show, try to avoid it like the plague but I think you and the other poster are onto something here.

I quit

fire all the women staffers

Annnnytime now please…

Dan Harmon wouldn't give up his diverse writing staff even if it would save the show

Rick and Morty IS for people with high IQs. I do not care how many times the trolls of this group spam the popular “You need a high IQ” post with sarcastic and mocking intent. You act as a hive mind, a flock of Jerrys, if you will, who envy the smart-minded, wishing to become one of us. You deflect your idiocy onto us, putting us in the negative light. In reality, we are superior beings. We are the Rocks, and you are just the Mortys, making us look even smarter in comparison.

As Albert Einstein, and extremely smart historical figure whom people like the trolls surely do not know, once said: “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not so sure about the universe.”.

Do us Ricks a favor and leave this group And NEVER return. You wouldn’t wand people like us getting angry.Rick and Morty IS for people with high IQs. I do not care how many times the trolls of this group spam the popular “You need a high IQ” post with sarcastic and mocking intent. You act as a hive mind, a flock of Jerrys, if you will, who envy the smart-minded, wishing to become one of us. You deflect your idiocy onto us, putting us in the negative light. In reality, we are superior beings. We are the Rocks, and you are just the Mortys, making us look even smarter in comparison.

As Albert Einstein, and extremely smart historical figure whom people like the trolls surely do not know, once said: “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not so sure about the universe.”.

Do us Ricks a favor and leave this group And NEVER return. You wouldn’t wand people like us getting angry.Rick and Morty IS for people with high IQs. I do not care how many times the trolls of this group spam the popular “You need a high IQ” post with sarcastic and mocking intent. You act as a hive mind, a flock of Jerrys, if you will, who envy the smart-minded, wishing to become one of us. You deflect your idiocy onto us, putting us in the negative light. In reality, we are superior beings. We are the Rocks, and you are just the Mortys, making us look even smarter in comparison.

Do us Ricks a favor and leave this group And NEVER return. You wouldn’t wand people like us getting angry.

Harmon voiced racist Garfield?

This. Harmon would rather cancel the show than to make it better. I mean the guy fucked up Community because he couldn't stand Chevy Chase.

I forgot how happy racist Garfield made me.

i doubt it.

Since season one, R&M was adult swim's own attempt at "simpson-ize" one of their shows. Aqua Teen had a good run, but was ultimately too weird and underground to be properly mass produced. Same can be said about many other high-budget shows like Venture Bros., which was just very expensive and took too long have a new season.

R&M fits the bill perfectly. It was built from the ground up to look smart and interesting but not really, so that it doesn't alienate the big audiences, in addition to be cheap as hell to make and feature veteran voice actor who have a little nerd-cred to garner attention.

What I'm saying is: [as] found something that works, and they will use it forever, even after Harmon has a meltdown and committed to madhouse, or Justin leaves or stays under several contractual obligations for fear of litigation it will go on forever with new writers and maybe a new cast, and people won't even notice. It's their Spongebob now, their South Park, Their Skyrim.

Tell me more.

Come to think of it, the sudden continuity drop for Community's s2 start is a lot like what happened in R&M s3's start

The show could become six hours of Dan Harmon masturbating naked in front of a mirror and if it still got good ratings Justin would stay. You don't leave a well-paying job like that in something as shakey and uncertain as the entertainment industry.

I see that, but it can be worth the gamble. I was mostly referring about the point made regarding the aftermath of Justin getting better shows in his future.

Look, nobody can predict these things, I know, but Roiland is kind of an up-and-coming sort of guy. He has a few roles to have a name for himself, he's mostly professional and I'm quite sure he knows some people around town, all he needs is a good agent. "Get me a better role I'm too good for this shit!" and he's on his way to be a superstar. Of course, being highly optimistic.

They actually did that a couple of times in the first season. You know, when Jerry was a character and not just a punching bag. The impression I get from his character in that first season is someone who's a perfectly capable, kind of old fashioned father and husband, who's left competely out of his depths around Rick's genius and all the sci-fi bullshit he drags into their lives. Remember how the original Jerry actually pulled his shit together as soon as Rick and Morty left their universe?

His character, pushed in the promo commercials and the original episodes, were of a father who is definitely feminine while his wife was masculine or at least more unhinged.
made a lot of great points about what's wrong with the series and what should be done. Another thing that got immensely worse from the promos/early first season to later parts was the use of shock humor and the timing of all jokes. See, the thing about shock humor is that it's supposed to snap you out of your comfort zone with horrible shit going on in an otherwise quiet setting, but the humor doesn't come from the carnage itself or its glorification, but from the implication that yes, something horrible is happening and the punchline is just that. Not the act, but the fact that it's gonna happen. So for example, take the joke they made in S2 with those two testicle faced monsters who travel back in time and mistake (((Einstein))) for Rick. The whole "humor" of the joke isn't the fact they mistook him for Rick, it's that they beat up live. That's idiotic. You know how it would have worked much better? If the testicle monsters moved back in time exactly to the point in time Einstein was writing his mass-energy equivalence formula and announced their intentions to shake him up. Cut to black (or at best, let a few punches be heard). Boom, instantly the scene can be considered comedic. Instead they focus on how they beat down this poor old kike and how he Vill Mess Vith Time, which is not funny at all.
Also, on that point, they keep making every character an alien. That also is boring as hell.

That was actually one of the few jokes I found funny simply because it means he wrote the mass-energy equivalence formula out of spite.

why?

Honestly, this pseudo-intellectual show was like nothing I've ever watched. It'a absolute trash that tries so incredibly hard it's endearing. Each episode shows that the directors and writers are creatively bankrupt and yet they continue. Its stellar how such a brain dead show could enjoy such longevity and fandom.

Stuttering, memes, gimmicks, inconsequential narratives and a loose interpretation of comedy don't make for a great show.

I thank god every day that I wasn't born with a small enough number of brain cells to enjoy this content without irony. It constantly challenges the viewer in its simplicity, idiocy and lack of a commitment to a vision. Not in any form of intellectual discourse as its fans seem to believe. It's marinated in cliche, fried in shlock and still tastes raw to any patrician.

If you enjoy this show I must respectfully ask you to reconsider your ability to subjectively assess anything. It's trash.

I have full faith that the type who enjoys this show is a simpleton of the highest order; a low IQ, simplistic mongoloid plebian.

I hope you find peace in death. Seek it soon.

Absolutely, and I miss that Jerry. He got me to smile in the pilot, he cracked me up in the anatomy park and kronenberg episodes. Being fair, I honestly think they got some good mileage out of the Jerry they wanted in the first two seasons, but I think that well has been drained. The best way to take him would be the Jerry as you described. He doesn't need to do a crapton there, he doesn't need to be multidimensional, just that such a character is the perfect foil and grounding for what R&M should focus on being.

Also all very true. One of the weakest things about season 3 was that it basically had no grounded moments. Many of the times it came close to this, it flubbed.

Again, the detox and citadel episodes are the only two that did this right I think.

If nothing else, the family being one-dimensional and separate from the sci-fi helps ground them so we want more from the main two. All the more reason to let them be the supportive/outmatched contrast so the adventures can be anything the writers want.

That's kinda cute.

I don't particularly like the setup. It could have fit into the ending title card, just them going away with him battered and bloodied but still willing to give them a last fuck you.

Citadel Episode makes no sense though. Why would Ricks, who by all intents and purposes are all geniuses of their own universes, decide to stay with other Ricks to work jobs they shunned back on Earth? Obviously this may also be a jab at how a Rick, despite being super intelligent, is still just one of many, and as one of many he'll do the job that most fits him. But the reveal was so goddamn moronic as people could've figured it out without the need of the musical cue and the photo, while I still can't get over how retarded it is they put a Legend of Korra cameo among the shadow govt. Which again is also retarded because if the shadow govt existed before and even ordered around the Council, wouldn't they already be in the know of Evil Morty's enhancements? He never takes them off, even in the final reveal photo, so when they were curing him from the laser wound they surely must have figured out that something wasn't right with him.
But whatever, we're putting too much thought in something the writers themselves didn't care about.
Only legitimately good episode barring the Transformers robot at the end. Finally an actual Sci-fi adventure.

Yeah, I'm a Rick and Morty fan. Yeah, I shout "Wubba lubba dub dub" to people wearing Rick and Morty merch. So what? I do it because they're like me. They see the world for what it really is. When I utter that phrase to a fellow fan, it's with the understanding that we're both in this thing together. We can both understand things at a deeper level. People make jokes about how Rick and Morty fans pretend to be more intelligent, but it's true. We are. And because of this show, this masterpiece, us like minded intellectuals can interact and communicate without having to acknowledge those lesser people. Yeah, I'll eat szechuan sauce off the ground. Because that's what Rick would have done, and I think of myself as a Rick, as any intelligent fan would. Thank you Daniel Harmon. Thank you Justin Roiland. Thank you for giving us a community where we can all move forward to a better tomorrow through science and comedy. Thank you.

I think the idea was that the Citadel went to shit after Rick blew it up. There was no indication in prior episodes that anyone there was not allowed to leave or had to work some menial labour job.

This is the new anti-Rick and Morty copypasta

That's fine. You can keep the sauce.

Just make it yourself, bro. Then you can counterfeit some McDonalds sauce packets, sell them on Ebay for hundreds of dollars and nobody will be the wiser.

Someone traded a car for a single packet of the stuff. I almost wish I had the chance to get some just to sell it on ebay for ridiculous prices.

It's actually kind of unsettling. Shows how susceptable people are to advertising. All it takes is a beloved cartoon character endorsing a sauce they probably never even tried or remember the flavour of, and and people will go to these lengths just for a measley packet of it? I understand now why they used Fred Flintstone to advertise cigarettes.

McDonald's said that they will bring it back in the winter. There aren't going to be many buyers at this point.

Part of it is the idea that while Ricks hate everyone, they hate themselves the most. For the sake of a societal metaphor, I'm ok with it. Personally s3e1 pissed me off more with the citadel of Ricks, because there each Rick was just another generic mook instead of a citadel of mad geniuses.

It would have been nice to cash in on the fervor while it was at it's highest point, but yeah.. This is just going to go down as the Dashcon of the Reddit and Memey fandom.

The Simpsons
Family Guy
Rick & Morty
How does that make you feel?

what's the goat?

A million viewers. A million viewers, on average, per episode. Boring. Why so quick to attack, user? Did I make you spill your Zetian sauce?

Was this an exercise in weaponizing the mentally retarded, or was it an exercise in utilizing memetic marketing demand fabrication?

You can use this dialogue into an hentai thanks to that picture.

makes me sad.

This, Rick and Morty had a chance still shows some heart, wonder what season that was from

Which… one?

L O L

I unironically enjoyed it, the good crude shitposting that I don't mind as the show's bread and butter. Pretty good for improv.
But seriously, the Rick & Morty dynamic in the end is unironically a better depiction of them than the majority of season 3, a lot like what we saw in the first two seasons. It just tells me Justin should be the guy who writes them; Dan can have whoever else.

How can something so repetitive get so popular? There's no joke.

There usually is, or at least it's setup. Building absurd characters first and using them for absurd jokes second is how they won us over. Which is why it's such a bitch that the characters are inconsistent now.

its improv you dunce
season 3 sucked partly because there was barely any improv

Its also SHIT improv.

Or Replace
with

I guess it's sort of funny, maybe, if you squint a little.

Its a humor that does not hurt anybody. Except you want to kill yourself after watching it. Its basically non offensive version of vidrelated.

Any show confirmed to be more offensive than Rick & Morty!

the joke is shit if the punchline is shit, and the punchline isnt very good in this case
however youre complaining that the buildup itself isnt funny which makes you a grade A mongoloid

however youre complaining that the buildup itself isnt funny which makes you a grade A mongoloid

Bullshit. Not saying EVERY part of a joke must be a ton of yucks, but setup is also just as important.

Im not always the biggest fan of Oglaf (And mostly they are now shit), but I take this gag as a great example of how you could take a premise and build on it continuously as a gag.

what does the T-rex look like.

A featherless bird.

The same I wonder with pokemons.

Hold on I'm on it

To be fair…

He didn't get one and bitched on twitter about it.

Sure just like he didn't get one from Nintendo, Jabba Juice, and all the other "Ironic" plugs in the show.

I really don't think he got paid for this one.

He does realize that they're the ones that own the idea of the sauce, right? This dipshit is seriously suggesting that he has a stake of ownership over something someone else made 20 years ago because he referenced it in a cartoon

….Whats his point again?

He thinks because he shilled for them he should get paid. Plus he's upset that they are kinda trying to advertise this sauce as being Rick and Morty without actually being Rick and Morty. He thinks the art on the sauce looks to similar the show.

I was thinking to myself that Xavier Renegade Angel is like Rick and Morty for people who hate Rick and Morty. But i also have said Rick and Morty is The Big Bang Theory for people who hate The Big Bang Theory. Does this make Xavier Renegade Angel The Big Bang Theory for people who hate people who hate The Big Bang Theory? But wouldn't that mean Xavier Renegade Angel is The Big Bang Theory due to double negatives? Assuming this theory is correct, The Big Bang Theory is like Xavier Renegade Angel but for people who hate Rick and Morty, thus making Rick and Morty like Rick and Morty for people who hate Rick and Morty.

Again I don't buy it for a fucking second. That or society has come full circle and now mass consumption and mindless idiotic consumerism and brand identification is cool again.

That kind of Rambling is very much like the XRA show. As for what it is. I saw it before R&M and just found it very entertaining. But it very much is like a Nega R&M. It tends to be very rapid fire and dense, indirectly makes fun of itself and its subject matters, and not really trying to be to cool for anything.

I guess Adventure Time can sue Dan Harmon for stealing his style then.

Do you have the tweet where someone tells him that his shitty show is basically a Back to the Future ripoff?

HAw, even Ben Edlund never asked GIBE MONEYS PLOX to the Pez people.
He did regret making Pez a thing in the Tick, though. He said they refused to make a Tick Pez because they would only used characters that had been around 20 years, so they even turned down Ninja Turtles. Flash forward 20 years, I'm looking at Ninja Turtles Pez dispensers and the whole interview comes back to me. STILL NO TICK PEZ DISPENSER.

That art looks nowhere near what they do in the show, it's the infographics-clean shit you'd expect from MCd

Yep, here you go.

You mean a happy jewy holiday episode.

There might be one or two mentions of "christmas", which are mocked each time.

wow. Akward

My locals mcdonalds never even got the sauce, I'm fuckin pissed, cheap chinese food styled tastes are my favorite

Make a hole in your head. Big hole.

No.

Why can't I just like something without Holla Forums shitting on it?

Because you have shit taste

Because everything is shit.

No u.

Back to 2007 with you, time traveler.

RatboyGenius did the whole "faux minecraft" shtick infinitely better.

FTFY

Wasn't that just real minecraft in his videos though?

You could like it without needing Holla Forums's approval, but the fact that Holla Forums does not like it and can articulate exactly why it's a bad show makes you feel bad because you feel that's a reflection on yourself. You can enjoy the show, somehow, and still recognize that it's a fucking mess and totally overrated shit. You should probably just go watch something else, but life is full of compromises.

Yes, in fact. Does it de-value the efforts of RBG as a mixed media animation? Only a little because minecraft looks like ass

Never in my life have I lost respect for a show faster than I have for Season 3 of Rick & Morty. Season 2 was bad but goddamn I didn't think it would get worse. Seems like they blew their load with the first season.

I never watched this show, but once every casualfag around me started to talk about it, I knew: Better ignore this.

Rick & Morty have become something like the irreverent wandering comets of the pop culture multiverse, injecting that same disaffected millennial nihilism anywhere accessible via portal gun. What is only a formal heterogeneity of content - visually sumptuous settings, imaginative sci-fi plots, references to an infinite and infinitely bewildering multiverse - is compensated by a homogeneity in tone - Rick will berate, belittle, and shit on you with that same world-weary millennial "wisdom" no matter what universe he's in, and in fact a lot of the humor comes from Rick's mockery and subversion of the tropes of more conventional worlds. I think this represents not so much a crisis of creativity (the plots are a Frankenstein monster of sci-fi tropes, but one with a surprising amount of gristle), but a leveling of the spectacle into the only "condoned" orientation one is allowed to uphold: the frankly flat nihilism of the vaguely depressed, vaguely anxious millennial. Rick & Morty doesn't throw the doors open on an infinite, unlimited universe, it only subsumes the staggering potential of television's first "sandbox" under the the "privileged" perspective of the know-it-all omniscient spectator whose audience surrogate is Rick. You only need to watch Rick helping himself to Simpsons' kitchen during the crossover couch cag to get what I'm talking about: one era has ended, another has begun. Watching Rick try Duff beer and then top it off with his preferred brand of liquor illustrates this perfectly: the outmoded humor of the 90s is altogether too weak, we need something "stronger", what was only a twinge back then, easily remedied by the solidarity of familial love and bonding, has become a full-on chronic nihilism, a relentless consumption of worlds, an endless fascination with what Baudrillard called our "witnessing our disappearance". Underneath the jaded millennial humor, however, still beats a wounded heart. Can anything save us?

I TUNED MYSELF INTO PICKLE DRUMPF MORTY IM PICKLE DRUMPF RIIIICK

I'd make the Citadel like Commorragh from 40k, with every Rick trying to prove that they are the Rickest of the them all, with Mory's being caught in the crossfire.

bump

I don't think either Dan or McD on the concept of Szechusn sauce.

McDonalds doesn't own the concept of Szechuan food, but they do own the concept of Szechuan sauce.
Because there wasn't such a thing as Szechuan sauce until McDonalds made the Mulan sauce, which is actually teriyaki sauce

This show should have ended in Season 1.

I'm now wondering what the show would be like if they made it so that Rick always abandoned his family at the end.

And so on.

I TURNED MYSELF INTO A REFERENCE TO AN ACTUALLY GOOD SCIENCE FICTION STORY, MORTY!!! I'M ROADSIDE PICNICRICK!!!!

The whole show is just a one-hit wonder because of (bare in mind this was a second season ep.)

And Don't forget to bring a Towel!

shit taste

I was referring that the show is just an one hit wonder until they came out with bullshit plots since 2nd season.

Pickle Rick would not actually be able to kill that cockroach with his mouth, considering that a cockroach can live without it's head for days. I don`t even think roaches have that kind of brains in their heads.

But it doesn't matter since it's a smart show.

Shut up. Rick and Morty uses REAL SCIENCE™