steamdb.info/sub/81620/apps/
archive.is/3oSge
youtu.be/GwfVHB6ozG0
moriyashrine.weebly.com/dynamarisa.html
mobile.twitter.com/Ghostlight_Ross/status/730699980290310144
steamdb.info/search/?a=sub&q=phantom brave
twitter.com/AnonBabble

TO SAVE OUR MOTHER EARTH FROM ANY ALIEN ATTACK

I really hope the new game actually comes out to PC. I never knew how fun these games were till some anons recommended me the EDF 2 on vita. At this point I'd by it day 1.

FROM VICIOUS GIANT INSECTS THAT HAVE ONCE AGAIN COME BACK

Theres no stopping this train laddeh
Its happening

Anyone want to play on ps4 4.1?

I guess I should use this thread to ask this.

Is EDF 4.1 any good?

it is pretty fun and super simple. my only complaint is how you "level up" in the game by collecting "armor" that rises your health level and weapon creates that gives you random weapon drop and it sometimes gives you the same weapon you got.

insect Armageddon is the Americanized version of EDF that fixed the leveling up problem but it didnt have the same charm as the other edf plus the enemy dispawn very fast that you cant appreciate the ant pile explosion that you caused. you can find it on pc for super cheap now

I wished there was different armor types you can unlock, didn't even have to have stats on them. And how you level up is kinds eh.

You'd dont get rewards for team lives saved or lost and can't really tell them where to go and what not.

They can do much more smaller stuff that would make the game 10x better. But it's just small stuff really, wishes I hope they did.

Its 2015 GOTY just for the added content and performance boost.

If you say so

also you have to "level up" each class on his own, that means you have to play the earlier levels/grind a lot of armor points/weapon drops on every different class. it gives huge replayability on a game that has a lot of missions

simple to play, but hard to master the techs

Balam alone is worth getting 4.1 for.

also Air Raiders are far more fun to play solo than I thought they would be. Sure half of their kit is worthless, but the other half rapes face so it's all good.

I sincerely hope the PC-version rumours are true.

If you're bullshiting me an0n.
I will find you. And I will kill you.

I'll wait for a sale. It's like $39.99 right now.

steamdb.info/sub/81620/apps/

Bump

WE'LL UNLEASH ALL OUR FORCES WE WON'T CUT THEM ANY SLACK

THE EDFS DEPOOOOOLY

MORE UFOS ARRIVED FOR US TO SCRAP, OH WHAT A THRILL!

SEND OUT THE REINFORCEMENTS, THIS IS NOT A FUCKING DRILL!

FIRE EVERYTHING YOU GOT UNTIL THEY ALL ARE STILL

THE EDF DEPLOOOOYS

Yeah, that's what I was referring too, I hope that it means that it's coming.

/ was expecting a Holla Forums thread
/ next thought, wasn't that the band that did "Unbelievable"? No, that was EMF! EMF! EMF!!!

EDF! EDF! EDF!

You mean IA ruined it with leveling up instead of having armor pick ups.

4.1 on PC never ever

Just like these, right?
archive.is/3oSge

FOR THE FREEDOM OF EARTH
FOR THE FREEDOM OF EARTH
FOR THE FREEDOM OF EARTH
FOR THE FREEDOM OF EARTH

10/10 game, really wish Activision would revive it somehow.

Also, the EDF devs must have been inspired by Quake Wars' Field Ops for the Air Raider design.

wow, that game looks like shit

which EDF games should i buy or avoid?

You do know who owns the Quake IP right?
The game was developed by fucking Splash Damage, the same guys sho did Brink and Dirty Bomb, holy shit.

They need to make something like this again instead of wasting their time with small scale bullshit.

Fuck man, I miss large scale Multiplayer games, especially ones with bots and Battlefield is fucking shit.

Avoid Insect Armageddon. everything else is pretty dope

But IA is an ok game user

I used to love this game and the original wolfenstein: enemy territory

Ah, I guess the fact that Zenimax bought out id Software is the reason why Activision was forced to take the game off Steam. Shame.

It's pretty bad compared to the other EDF games. Not really worthwhile. Even if all you have is a PC, you're better off emulating EDF 2.

There is nothing better than dualgatling an ant hoard.

This Shit needs to come out on pc.

True, but theres some unique enemy designs, has its unique charm and is the first game to feature the 2025 class system.
Its underwhelming and doesnt reach Sandlots feet, but the game is still enjoyable even for just a playtrought.
More games need active reload mechanics

It may not be of any major significance, but the localized trailers were recently released too. I don't think they would have done that if there weren't still a need to generate EDF hype.

I almost shed a tear.

I dont think so actually, I believe Xseed simply didnt have time, but did it anyway.

They do things like that.

I remember that, you're fighting an Argo near the beach.
Shit man, that made me feel despair.

I did shed tears, goddamn video games.

I've never paid attention to EDF before, but reading this gave me the shivers. I must play this series now. Where do I start? I have a good rig and a PS4.

4.1 is the PS4 game.

Hopefully sooner than later. After watching some gameplay I don't think there's anything I want to play more.

You either buy it for the PS4 and play it now, or wait for the inevitable PC port.
If you have a 360 you should try 2017.
Then theres the older PS2 games Monster Attack and Global Defense Force which you can emulate or EDF2 which is a remake of GDF for the Vita.

Them theres IA, give it a pirate if you want something close but different, its not as good, but still enjoyable.

That's one of the things I liked most about playing through 4.1. Even though the player wins every mission, the scale of the invasion is so huge that earth is still losing and the EDF is barely hanging on.

I also liked it when the soldiers were talking about a legendary soldier and the eventual realization that they were talking about you.

I never tried EDF.

Is the Vita one worth it?

I wish I had found these sooner, found the franchise by searching for a Kaiju game where you play the soldier, monsters like the M&M cards, my dream game, while being depressed by how shitty the industry was at that time.

Then I found this

If you're not a graphicsfag and are ok with some dated mechanics, then yes.

Will do. Anything in the story I'd miss by playing it before the others?

There were PS2 games? Fuck it, was gonna upload some games to that HDD today anyway. Thanks!

I've only ever played EDF at a friend's place and wanted a PC version for a long time.
Which is the best game in the series?
Is it the new one that might come out on PC?

Just checking, m8. Didn't know if they'd reference other invasions or not.

aliums came, you kill them, then even worse aliums came, and then you kill them

keeps happening thorough entire series

yes, 4.1 is the best
if you're starved for EDF play EDF on PS2 or vita (there's a PSP port for masochists unless you emulate on a decent rig)

They do, you might feel some tingles when they acknowledge/mention the past games due to your familiarity with the franchise, but its nothing substancial.

Like said, yes.

I came in expecting a really cheesy experience fighting of an alien invasion and I got that and it was glorious. What I didn't expect were the feelings I had as the game went on and humanity slowly started to lose. Does anyone know if the alien war machines like hectors and dropships are piloted? They seemed to be automated machines along with the mass produced bugs and it added to the feelings of hopelessness that you were just fighting empty replacable machines and may have killed hardly any of the actual aliens while humanity suffered major losses.

It reminds me of Saint's row 2, that game managed to put humour and seriousness together really well just like this one does a great job of combining the cheesy fun with crushing hopelessness.

4.1 is basically the sequel to 2017, as the invasion in 2017 preceded the larger one in 4.1.
The tech humanity got out of the Mothership in 2017 helped them beef up the EDF, which is the sole reason why they even stood a chance against the second invasion force, which is more than ten times larger than the first one.
But like said, you just kill aliums. There isn't much story outside of "we gotta kill them before they kill us".

That makes me very happy and hopeful.

It's possible that they're piloted, but considering all the tech they had at their disposal, I'd say the aliens either only fight using machines and mutant bugs, or the aliens are AI, and control everything from their Motherships/Brains.

I'm fairly certain they are all mechanical, but the head thing hectors do and the way everything screams upon taking damage really makes me wonder. I am somewhat inclined to think they are some Total Annihilation-style consciousness to machine, endlessly performing their duties for countless years as that is all they know now.

so was halo 1, 2, and 3

well we do have Halo 3 on pc now… kind of

Most of the leaks came true and Gaylo never had the ifo shown here.
It was also never updated, not daily anyway

These threads always make me want to boot up 4.1. I haven't played it in months. Thanks user. So does anybody think EDF will ever come back and maybe become larger/more mainstream or will it always be cheesy B-movie greatness? What would you guys like to see in a sequel?

You space bureaucrats can go to hell
DON'T FALL FOR THIS PROPAGANDA THREAD

You'll be happy to know there's also a kaiju game coming out where you play as a random survivor in either a monster attack or mecha battle. It'll be on Vita and PS4. Can't remember the name though.

I fucking loved that there were AI controlled tanks in 4.1. That and Balam were the best additions to 4.1

City Shrouded in Shadow.

Yep, that's the one

Hopefully not, you know what happened when vidya became mainstream dont you?
That was my wish when I was young and naive and had the wisb to be socially accepted.

It looks pretty mediocre thought aside from
JET JAGUAR, JET JAGUAR!

RF Guerilla is a fun enough game but the few hours of EDF I played were a lot better than that game.
You are also fighting the wrong team in that game.

I ended up assuming the hectors and such were not piloted and that they mained fought with machines like you said but that the motherships and possibly dropships likely had some pilots. The earth eaters are probably all automated and are the most terrifying enemy in the game though.

I know all too well. I guess I was just thinking about the upcoming Independence Day 2 movie, and the possible boom in my favorite genre of alium invasion games/movies.

It had the best destruction system i've ever seen though. It could probably never happen but an EDF game with the RFG destruction system would be fucking crazy, imagine using explosives to topple buildings over onto hordes of bugs as they pass by or the scenes left by typical EDF city battles against Hectors and Deroys.

Wrong team like "That's not the same EDF you mouthbreather" or "They were the good guys all along"?

I'm saying that the RF Guerilla story/ lore is shit and that the EDF was on level, if not better than,, the rebels.

PC RELEASE CONFIRMATION WHEN, INSECT ARMAGEDDON A SHIT

youtu.be/GwfVHB6ozG0

This game is charged with feels in a different way than storyline-driven games. The story isn't in your face all the time but the inmersion makes you care about what is happening.

Shit, I had so much fun with this game, I've played videogames for decades now and I really believe titles like Earth Defense Force are the true expression of what a videogame is when people put heart on it.

Man, I remember happily blasting my way through 2017 and then suddenly realizing during the last few missions my squad was the only one left fighting and everything was ashes

Are you talking about how the freedom fighting rebels blow up every single structure on the planet because the point of the game was the destruction engine? Yeah that was pretty silly though it would be hilarious if they released that game now and the devs decided to make the protaganist Muslim or Arabic for diversity.

I would have taken the story more seriously in they presented some kind of conflict instead of having every single EDF soldier be sociopathic madmen who spend all of their time randomly shooting up civilians because the devs can't write for shit.

I hope it never becomes mainstream because nearly every game that becomes mainstream gets ruined. It fills a niche and i'd rather it stay that way.
I'd like to see more stuff done with friendly AI. I always liked watching groups of AI fight it out in games and loved fighting alongside allied AI soldiers against an enemy army which EDF 4.1 did a great job of. I wouldn't mind seeing more stuff like the missions where you have a load a friendly units and hold a beach against a massive horde of red ants or Hectors. Pretty much what they already did along with more variety for the allied AI units so more AI vehicles and weapons. If they really wanted to take it further they could do something like give you an AI squad and let you customize their weapons and such.

I don't think it should become a heavy focus though. They should keep their focus on the core gameplay but it's an area I wouldn't mind seeing explored more especially since most games for the past few years have completely neglected AI so they can focus on graphics and usually don't bother trying to use what they have in interesting ways either.

Mod support.
A bit of randomness or variation for each individual level, such as time of day, weather, altered enemy positions and numbers.
Enemies drop credits that can be spent on simple class skills (+5% move speed, +5% health from large packs, +5% mag size, etc), class/vehicle skins, music, art, enemy information, and side missions. Essentially the same thing as is in Advance Wars Dual Strike.
Naval/aquatic missions and vehicles
Ravager interior missions full of interesting alien level design, turrets, and mechanical unit spawners.
EDF facility missions with defensive level design, sci-fi EDF architecture, turrets, and troop/vehicle spawners.
A mech suit that can only be piloted by a Fencer for the sole purpose of mechs within mechs.
More bugs
More robots
More guns
More explosions
More songs

2025/4.1 actually had a really good destruction system, though none of it interacted with anything. Buildings would have holes blown out of em at the point of impact when they are destroyed and can even be split in half when a dragon plows through one. The game is full of tiny little details like that which really give it a lot of its charm, I don't even know how much time I've spent just walking around the levels looking at things and messing around instead of killing bugs. Those fucking convenience stores with full interior in a japanese indie game while western AAA shit just has some lazy sphere map reflection.

I didn't even know I wanted that until now. Holy shit. How awesome would that be? Needs some water bugs/ayys though.

Translation never

I never play any EDF game but I'm itching for a co-op game, how active is the multiplayer and how repetitive is the mission? I only have PS4 so how good is EDF 4.1?

4.1 is your best bet. I haven't played online in awhile, but there is split screen co-op and that's always fun with the right people. I actually make a drinking game out of it with a friend where anytime we hear "EDF" or die, we take a drink. Fun times.

Aw man, now I'm thinking about how cool a RF-type destruction game would be with like, actual Syrian migrants against the Islamic State.

I don't have any friend
sound like the online is dead

It's not dead, there's always people grinding for weapons, and a room here and there where people are playing through the campaigns.

Can you just jump in into other peoples game like Helldivers or do you need to get in the lobby first?

Lobby first. If they're already ingame, you have to wait for them to finish.
If you're lucky, they'll restart so they can give it another go with you.

EDF Naval Battles? I wonder…

I really hate lobby system for a co-op game, I prefer Helldivers approach when it comes to multiplayer co-op. I hope more dev implement this

I really hate the drop in feature, you can have a nice game with teamwork and then suddenly a faggot pops up out of nowhere near the of the level and ruins it for everyone

That doesn't really help much when it is literally a drop in feature that instantly destroys vehicles and kills players

Again, what dont you understand about password protected lobby

Password protection wont stop drop pods from killing players and ruining everything, and why would you kick someone for this when it is entirely out of their control?

Then its not the fault of the multiplayer jump in mechanic. I'm talking about being able to join other peoples games at any moment rather than making your own lobby and wait for peoples to join, what the fuck are you talking about?

You also forgetting that EDF is vastly different than Helldivers specifically the camera angle which limit your movement in a very small area

Other guy said he hated the drop in mechanic ruining things and you implied kick and password protection would help.
I know you initially were talking about drop-in drop-out multiplayer, but the conversation shifted to the drop pod mechanic once posted, and I made it very clear that's what I was talking about since I mentioned it destroying vehicles and killing players in my first post. I am sorry if there was any confusion.

Fuck that, I want Terror from the Deep type battles. Horrifying abominations that you as the best goddamn soldier take on.

I would also settle for a Kancolle action game if one doesn't already exist.

What I would think them to be is open water maps with large navy vessels scattered around, wing diver would be able to hop around between em and finally gain the ability to fly out of water, fencer could get a high-power hover frame or mecha-boat with all his weapons loaded onto it, and ranger and raider could use existing boats or call in additional boats or vehicles. As for the enemies, pretty much everything can fly or walk through deep water, and a friendly reminder that ants are capable of making bridges and rafts, and spiders can use air bubbles, weave portable oxygen tanks and rafts, as well as fly via ballooning. New enemies could include ravager amphibious vehicles (spaceship boats), giant crabs, And a leviathan.

Except EDF dont use drop pods, you just spawn in the area so killing your teammate by drop pods is highly unlikely

No one ever said anything about drop pods in EDF except you. The discussion was completely unrelated to EDF from and on.

I was actually talking about drop in multiplayer in general, worded my post wrong

When the fuck did I said that you faggot, I said I prefer when you can just jump into other peoples game rather than creating a lobby for a co-op game you fucking retard

My mistake, I'll stop bumping the thread with pointless arguing then.

Bump

PC! PC! PC!

Fuck that gay shit.

Real ships. I want to see real EDF battleships with railguns

Anyone want to play EDF 4.1 on PS4??????????

try warship gunner games on ps2

I'm down. Are you doing anything in particular? I was thinking of starting up a Wing Diver character.

I'll be back on when I wake up around 3-4pm EST more or less.

I'll def be back on tomorrow night.

i mean later tonight.

YESTERDAY MY LOVER DIED, TODAY MY BROTHER FELL

You're lucky I replied at all, faggot. I have literally hundreds of friends to play with. I actually don't have any. Sorry for bully

So, whats the newist EDF and is it for PC?

4.1 and it's coming to PC…

==SOON=

Got ya, Ill keep a eye out for it

Pirate insect armageddon but note that its easily the weakest in the series (and so far the only EDF game on pc for some reason)

But you're still down to play no?

IT'S ON!

moriyashrine.weebly.com/dynamarisa.html
There is this which is by far a better PC EDF game, but some people don't like the loot system.

Oh yea I have that one installed on my comp but it being touhou(IIRC) fangame scares some people off

I'm back, and awake, anyone wanna play EDF 4.1?

I do
WHEN IT FINALLY GETS RELEASED FOR PC AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Pretty rude fam.

I would but shit internet and I refuse to pay for PS+.

:(

Such is life burgerland. I can't upgrade even if I wanted to. And paying for PS+ is a kick in the nuts for just being able to play online. Hopefully Steam release can fix one of these problems.

No takers?

Its even worse as there are online-only missions that you cannot access unless you have PS+, essentially becoming subscription-based DLC

I got a EDF 4.1 room up

considering how fucking garbage Brink and Dirty Bomb are it's a good chance the dev's that made Enemy Territory and ET Quake Wars don't work there anymore.

mobile.twitter.com/Ghostlight_Ross/status/730699980290310144

Are you ready for WotS 2?

Not again, I cant take this shit again. Enough teasing

RIP in peace EDF Thread.
I look forward to seeing you again next week, same posts and all.

I was about to rail on you but then I realized that you didnt buy a PS4 and you probably got it got it for cheap.

Nice

I'm sorry user but I refuse to play games on framerate lower than 60.
Release this shit on PC already, and we'll talk.

It's a shame my PS3 died, I managed to put in only about 200 hours into EDF 2025.

Oh man yeah I just got 2025 too. Gonna co-op with a friend. I played tons of 2017, and Insect Armageddon was crap. So I'm really hype to play this.

has anyone tried reproducing that gif where the guy puts turrets on top of his helicopter creating the ultimate death machine

I dont think so, but theres no need for that since theres already a helicopter that pretty much does that.

I just want an EDF game but with Tyranids.
I keep rewatching the Heart of the Swarm trailer, I fucking want to play that.

Its actually pretty useless as the turrets end up just hitting the helicopter most of the time, as well as helicopters being pretty bad in general aside for the relative safety they afford. One of my favorite combinations though is turrets on the Grape as you become a land gunship able to drive circles around enemies while constantly pounding their shit in.

So does EDF have online multi or is it just AI that knows what the fuck to kill/sing?

If I want to slaughter aliens and bugs and stuff, I could just play PSO2. Costs less

It has both online, up to four players, and split screen, 2 players, co-op.
If you are playing 2025 then there can be a couple hundred enemies active and on screen at once, with 4.1 it goes up to a thousand. Its like the old mining base intro all the time always.

I am thinking of getting into the EDF series, but I am on a smaller budget, with 4.1 being £25, should I get 2025 to try it out, or take the plunge with 4.1?

The only reasons to not get it is if you don't have a PS4 or are waiting for the inevitable disappointment when the PC port is confirmed fake.

I need someone to play with.

There's still no solid proof that it's happening, and just about anything could come up and cancel it if it actually is in the works. It is 2016, expecting things to turn out well now is just setting yourself up for sadness.

Can't we dream user?

Ssshhh
Its happening

Which game should I start with?

Liek, making fun of him saying its fake or yours is fake?

It's strong evidence in its favor, and I certainly want to believe, but the only solid proof would be if someone came out and said through an official source that they are working on it. Until then it is still just a rumor with potential to be false.

It should be obvious

Meme magic is real nigger, if enough people believe it, it will become real.

DA RED UNZ GO FASTAHR

Shit. I completely forgot. For the two anons actually playing this, I'm down. PSN?

4.1 of course.

It only works if you are a wizard and I've still got a few years left before I can contribute, until then I'll be as much of a realistic party pooper as I want.

In reality it is yellow or blue because they are the colors most commonly associated with lightning.

bump

Anyone want to join EDF 4.1? I got a room up, Normal, mission 38, wing diver.

steamdb.info/search/?a=sub&q=phantom brave

bumpity bump