Holla Forums Dads

Can someone explain to me what Pete did wrong? PJ isn’t the one getting trouble at school. He was just informing goofy max lied. PJ probably gonna be more successful than max. Face it. Pete a better father than Goofy.

I agree. Tiger moms are best moms.

Being a emotionally detached parent is not good for your kids.

Why not? It’s best to raise your kids to be Realist instead of a Optimus.

It’s just so sad.

Why not make raise them to be a realist who hopes for the best?

No such thing

Max got in trouble for orchestrating a near professional level stage show demonstration both creativity and leadership in recruiting both PJ and Bobby to pull it off. Not only does he become the talk of the cool, but impresses one of the choicest piece of pussy in the whole school. Him getting trouble will just give him even more street cred. Max was already set to have one of the easiest rides though highschool in terms of social validation from his peers. Meanwhile, PJ lacks self-confidence and struggles with overeating, the latter a coping mechanism for the former which is the result of his father always "keeping him under his thumb". Having said that, Pete has instilled many valuable skills and competencies within PJ, but never allows PJ to feel a sense of worth for having attained them. While Goofy has instilled a sense of confidence and willingness to take risks in his son, he has failed to assert sufficient discipline to give Max an ability to rationally discern the most appropriate actions.

But Mike Rowe did follow his dream.

get the fuck out of here

t. gook

bump

"If everyone followed their dreams and became astronauts or movie stars then whos gonna make the sandwiches"

Sandwich making is more realistic.

I'm still wondering what happened to Pete's wife and daughter.

What's the point of a career, anyways?

What if it’s someone dream to make sandwiches?

Social status mostly.

Make the sandwich yourselves, you goddamned hemimaths. Ain't you ever heard of being "All you can be".

I'm gonna bully you nerd

Shit user. This is the most coherent and rationalized post I've seen on this diddleyhole for a while now.

So just give up and never try? What kind of logic is that? It's better to have tried and failed than have never tried at all.

Emotionally detatched and only authority based parenthood. He also kinda bullies his own son and is very passive aggressive and PJ is scared of him.

But thats another aspect the movie did well, it's not black and white. Pete isn't a villain and not entirely wrong (it's not like he beats his son or something). Surely, PJ will be more successful than Max, but I guess that's given considering Pete seems to be upper class in this movie… somehow, despite having the same job as Goofy.
But PJ would end up being cold and calculated and just like his father, that's the downside.

Well… on the other hand, we all know PJ is closet gay, so he'll probably end up owning a beach bar or something. I mean think about it, it would be the perfect job for him.

Checkout this capitalist logic

I thought PragerU were conservative

Said the communist

Said the opposite

Said the not communist
nice dubs tho

What a retarded post.
You deserve to be flogged for that.