NEOTOKYO THREAD

A faggy yet very fun shooter

no

no cs:go is a neotokyo ripoff

RTFM
neotokyohq.com/gameinfo.html

neotokyohq.com/download.html
store.steampowered.com/app/244630

Go to options>name and edit the field, no you can't impersonate people (easily)

Normally we are on rain or datasteal, but any server with people on it is fine.

I shill4free, kurwa

Hold the fuck up.
You mean to tell me I could have been playing all this time without having to install steam?
What the fuck

holy shiiieeet you didn't know?

I can't believe I wasted all this time.
Fuck me.
Thanks for the heads up, OP. I guess this time around, you weren't a faggot.

That is where you are wrong, I am still a faggot.

What would you have rathered a shitty over-watch thread with retarded gifs like pic related. Second pic is unrelated, just for repost.

Fine game but no players.

but, wut is neotokyo user?

Neotokyo has great music
Dystopia has better gameplay

We need a server nigger.

I would play with you guys, but no pc.
Update us on how it turns out.

Neotokyo was fun

Sure am glad I got premium :^)

Is the population still basically nonexistent?

I stopped playing because I either absolutely shrekt new players and felt like I was making it unfun for them or getting absolutely bodied and not having fun myself.

>>>/premium/

Yea, that is the point of my shilling. It has been more active recently, for various reasons.

How did HL2 manage to spawn such a great modding scene?

A game, you need to play, fucking now.

Well for one the engine is a fucking masterpiece.

I liked Neotokyo well enough, but fuck me I absolutely love the OST.
Which song is your guys' favorites?

If any of you goys are interested, the composer, Ed Harrison, was in a band called Lazyboat in 2009. Their only album is called Run Button but I absolutely love it as well.

This is now a source mod thread.

Is there something I'm not getting about this game?

It's just so bland, even though it's in Source the shooting doesn't even feel good. How do you fuck that up?

(checked)
Scrap I/O is best
Will check out his other works, thanks

probably the culture. there was a huge modding community after Half-Life 1

(checked)

The OST was pretty fucking good, but what surprised me was the fact that Harrison did so much work for one game for free.

That is because the shooting is semi-accurate to how it would feel I say semi for a god damn reason though. It takes some getting used to, and there is a learning curve. My advice:

Yeah, he's a pretty cool dude. I've spoken with him a bit and although he can be commissioned for work, he seems to put in a lot of extra work into his projects. I think he's currently working with someone on the OST for the game Tsioque, but I'd love to see him do a lot more.

bumpo

I dunno about you, I had a really good time

Is the game still dead?

Hiroden 651 a best.

I wonder if a new batch of Neotokyo CDs could be made, I need one.

bamp

why did you tell newfags how to change the name!

damn you

Bump during my daily listening of the OST.

Footprint is my favorite, but I love most of the songs pretty equally. Hiroden 651 is great though.

And yeah, I wonder if there ever will be more CD's. I'd love to have a CD copy, even if I would never listen to it. I would probably just keep it in it's packaging and listen to the FLAC files I already have on my PC, phone, etc. I'll have to e-mail him about that.

I was in contact with Ed and Cd Projekt RED when they announced Cyberpunk 2077. I got them in touch with one another, in hopes that during the production of the game, Ed is brought on to do music. I haven't heard anything solid yet, and have followed up, but heard no reply, so he may be under NDA.

But it's possible he may make more cyberpunk tunes, if anything the guys at CDPR, namely their sound lead for cyberpunk 2077 had heard the music for neotokyo thanks to me, so perhaps it'll end up influencing the final product.

I hope you are not bullshitting because that is some of the best news I have heard about video games in a while.

I read about that a long time ago. I'm really hoping that it's true. Like I said earlier in the thread, I know that he's currently helping on the Tsioque OST, but he hasn't said too much about afterwards, mostly vague stuff about continuing work and other projects.

At any rate, Cyberpunk 2077 is still way off, so maybe we'll hear something about Ed working on it. Goddamn, that would probably make it instant GOTY for me just for that.

thread song

Downloading now, is there a game going on?

I occasionally play the game, not particularly good at it. But I must admit i like the atmosphere and music more than the gameplay itself. Gunplay is kinda underwhelming and you dont even have iron sights.

But i would give anything for a singleplayer Neotokyo game. The game word itself has so much potential and guys behind it seem to be very talented.

okay, let's give it a try

Do you guys know anything about those fabled Ed Harrison's unreleased songs he did for NT? I have heard it being mentioned several times but I never heard anything definite about them. Seems to me it is just a urban legend circulating the community.

there's a few beta/unreleased tracks he had on his site. Not much, but everything is out there I believe.

there is no one to play with

Damn shame, I guess I'll wait until friday for that game night

This, user?

These songs, user?

What the fuck? I refreshed 5 times thinking that it might have gone through. FUCK

MFW no servers available

What? There should always be around 8 servers up. Might be on your end.

Keep the fire alive boys, I'm getting myself set up on base and I need some time and magic before I can start blasting shrek over the voice chat

Yeah its probably my end, gonna have to try the steam direct version to see if I can get it to work

Yeah it was my end steam version poped up some servers, what server do you guys usual play on? Im gonna suck some serious ass but hell it will be fun to play anyways

Rain's or sluts, if sluts is still up.

Also, I can't play right now because visiting relatives and only have shit laptop. Might download it overnight and try to play tomorrow, though it'd be with a fucking trackpad so I'll be guaranteed shit.

Good to see this game getting love, I'll play with you all tomorrow after work if anybody is still up and ready to play.

lol, no it isn't Source is a terrible engine and horribly outdated.

Easy, make guns not shoot straight which is something Cunter-Strike pulled off to a much greater degree than neotokyo ever did.

You obviously never worked with the engine.

At this point the OST is probably more famous than the actual game.

God damn I miss those threads. It's a much better game than TF2C. Rest in Peace, Finland Fuckhouse.

Holla Forums should have a fortress forever game night sometime…… if ever….

Fucking hell, we need another server of its kind.

I've played on it and its shit.

Performance issues up the ass and tabbing out damn near crashes your computer. Unreal and Quake 3 engines kicked its ass.

We need rad weekends back.

I played this the day it came out with a couple of friends, very good times.I found it sad seeing the community die off from the issues not being patched, like team balancing.

I can't play it nowadays I have no PC. But here's an image of GabeN killing the illustrator (Leri Greer) of NeoTokyo. Have fun kids.

RIP Holla Forums X NT