Doom Review Copies Won’t Be Available Until Launch Day

archive.is/vARQa

This tactic is commonly used by developers who realize that they're releasing a subpar product. The movie industry does the same thing. They try and get as many sales as they can before their product is critically panned by reviewers.

Even Bethesda themselves realize nuDoom is a turd.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/txKJb
archive.is/GOlDn
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It will have an 80+ metacritic by friday night.

how surprising

???

There are two other doom threads with 100+ posts. You could have posted in either of those instead of posting yet another shitty doom thread.

So it's confirmed shit then. I mean we knew already but this just cinches it.

New thread for new news? This is pretty big.

Smug anime girl thread? Smug anime girl thread.

As if everybody didn't already know it was going to be shit.

Did somebody say
DOOOOOM?

its only a way to get everyone to play at the same time and have fun togheter.

who did this and why are they such gigantic faggots

except people have proven how much slower doom IV is compared to doomi&ii

they slowed it down to appeal to console plebs and thus ruined the game.

Modern day Cracked is a hell of a drug
archive.is/txKJb
archive.is/GOlDn

Some faggot who draws for cracked.

The nvidia 1080 event showed it was actually fast on pc

Console plebs get the worst version again.

keep it doom user
this is not a lol thread

rip doom

seems like it depends how you play, not the platform you play it on, cuck.

How does this not scream "'"The game sucks and we're hoping that you're too stupid to notice""' to the average retard out there.

Sure-fire way to tell a game is going to be shit.

its not like game journos have anything valuable to add to the discussion of the game, you're better off playing it yourself if you want to see if its any shit

fuck you user, I never wanted to be this mad

Like consoles will be able to go fast properly with stick aiming.

who cares what this consistently wrong retard thinks

I don't know, I haven't played it. I'd rather play it with a mouse

Damn forgot to edit the other check

That's some pretty heavy damage control.

The only faggot on the internet with more WORDS than Buckley.

Gotta check that one out too, user

You can see his fucking face in the HUD by just start playing

FTFY

a white person might as well be faceless to these people because they see it as some sort of "default state" for humans.

You niggers are terrible at this.

I didn't even play DOOM until 6 years ago

Disregard the earlier one, I suck cocks.

That's a shit number of options to check or not check, the problem with the weapon variety check is that it's not the weapon variety it's the fact that your forced to have a limit of weapons you can carry and you have weapon loadouts on nuDoom.

I keep hearing "your just stuck in the 90's" alot. Its like an "i've lost" statement when they know they dont have anything against me. But i refute that there are actually better fps than doom like SS and painkiller. They jsust kinda shut up aftet that.

And even in single player, you,are stil stuck to 2 or 3 weapons cause of weapon upgrades. I cant really call the weapons "varied" after that.

It's almost impressive really.
For example, I have still never bothered to read this entire thing.

jesus fucking christ that picture has to much words

I thought Bethesda was so confident in the game after the multiplayer beta. After the multiplayer turned out to be a snoozefest worse than Halo, how bad will the single player likely be at this point?

That's why it says "PLAY AS A HUGE MARINE" instead of "PLAY AS A HUGE, FACELESS MARINE"

The implication is the face.

Why didnt he just write a fucking short story.

You need to wait about half a month and then spend $800 on a new 1080 to make it actually run good. Oh and you probably need windows 10 too.

But what about the game part and the fun part

who cares about how pretty it looks now

both are manlets though

Fuck that, here have a Dante.

this is an amd title, running on amd's api. its very likely, similar to how gameworks fucked amd, that this is gimping nvidia

correction, nvidia title, but running on amd api

see

That's the gameplay of Doom 1 vs Doom 4.

I think you mean you never wanted to be this cracked.

Do you know when amd is doing a showcase of their new shinny thingy?

FUCK YOU

It looks so boring though. What happened to the fun great level design? Why do enemies explode like pinatas with health pick ups everywhere?

I don't know what they're even worried about. Unlike movie reviewers, game reviewers are so pozzed they'll all give it 8/10 regardless.

Nigger Cracked stopped being good for 5-6 years now, all their worthwhile articles are archived and there isn't any reason to care about them anymore after they went full retard on their own comments section for not falling in line with their SJW ideals.

This would honestly be better as a short story with the panels just described verbally.

Because Bethesda doesn't do that kind of gameplay, even Morrowind isn't designed to be played like that (although you can play it that way thanks to alchemy). And ever since Skyrim they've going down the all flash; no substance train. This is of course something all the AAA devs have more or less been doing since 2007-8 where they switch to making the game prettier.

The Sonic Boom of first person shooters

After reading that I actually looked up a picture of an arch-vile and a revenant to make sure that my own memory wasn't bad and that they were completely different visually from what I remember, so I can say with 100% certainty that the faggot in the screenshot hasn't played Doom 2.

Is it actually 10 times slower?

And the worst part is, if he actually did play doom 2, he would remember and fear the arch-vile. I get ptsd from the arch-vile maze in plutonia.

Aside from GTAV, has there ever been a case of a game not having review copies going live until release where the game ended up being good?

Almost always, this 'no review copies' is a kiss of death and a clear prelude to the game being shit.

What? GTAV had review copies. Unless you're talking about one of the later releases like on PS4/Xbone/PC.

To be fair, it could be just not knowing the names apart.

What the hell is wrong ith abnomality?

This is actually a good thing.

It means that everyone who buys it on launch day buys it out of hype, reviews mean nothing, and the retarded journos get less page views because the game is already out and loads of people are playing it.

This is how game reviews should be.

Some say he got triggered so hard his asshole never recovered. Or it could be that his parents named him Winston. I know it's his real name because no one could pick a worse one.

If someone has the "trolls" comic, it would be a good time. I don't want to go pick it up from his site.

it's pacing is similar to Doom 3, which is also significantly slower then Doom 1+2 however even then it's slower then Doom 3, the Doom 3 vs 4 comparison videos show that even though they play in a similar fashion Doom 3 consistently has everything operating at a faster pace as well. (I.E. some retarded looking enemies get machine gunned down and they barely even cover a foot of distance before they die, another scenario plays out in Doom 3 as a comparison and the enemies immediately close the distance right to the marine he had to actually retreat backwards so they couldn't melee him while chucking fireballs at the same time).

Like it's current year user!!. Why haven't you adapted yourself to the dumbing down of media and become a good sheeple like the rest?!?!?!

GTAV was review embargoed to hell and back, user. There were copies sent out, but the scores weren't allowed to be published until the game went on sale. (And no reviewer wanted to risk Take 2 driving their huge lawyer dick down their throats for breaking the street date.)

lol

Look on the bright side, Romero's still making new maps for the real Doom

not anymore, now he's working on making a prototype for Blackroom

I didn't even play doom until yesterday. And it is obviously better than nudoom.

and literally nobody cares. they are fucking videogame reviewers, shouldn't be entitled to a copy of the game before release

Nigger BETTER know an archvile when she sees one

There's a big difference between a review embargo and not shipping review copies out at all until launch.

But it's the same thing in the end, isn't it? Reviews won't be out and in the wild until the game comes out, after the punters have placed their preorders.

The only real difference here is that with a review embargo the reviews go up immediately on launch day instead of the others coming halfway through it.

Shady is as shady does, user.

fixed.

I just noticed that. What the fuck. Everything about this design is a mess.

To be fair it would be fucking impossible to play a game as fast as Doom with a training wheels bbaby's-first-input-device console controller.

I wonder if he actually believes that?

imo shit is still way to slow. At least Doom 3 had good atmosphere.

Nah m8, I've watched Doom 3 vs 4 videos, the enemies in Doom 3 are faster, don't do that obnoxious flinch when you hit them, attack you without skipping a beat, and will close the distance to you so you do have to actually do more then just stand still and shoot which most of the encounters in Doom 4 boiled down to because the enemies did fuck all. Even the enemy placement is better, since the slow fuckers are placed in ambush.

This is a clear sign the game will be shit.

Don't you mean since Oblivion?

WEW

As much as I'd like to shit on nuDOOM, I'm almost certain that the original modding tools for the original game weren't free at first.

Has there ever been a game that's done well after having some kind of bullshit embargo in place?

I can't even think of one honestly.

You do know that pretty much every single AAA and AA release ships early to reviewers on the condition that their reviews are embargoed until a certain date, right? Not that those are necessarily good games, but they certainly "do well".

Considering this is a "remake" of a game that largely made its chops on the share ware market this shows just how much faith they have in their game, and how much the backlash for the multiplayer beta scared the shit out of the suits

He means review release before the game goes on sale, and hes right. Most games have reviews out beforehand at least a day or two. This stinks of a shitty remake. Bethesda should be ashamed.

Do you have a single fact to back that bullshit claim up?

That Doom checklist is total bullshit:
You can see it on the hud all the time
Its in both Mars moons, not the planet retard
The gameplay videos already disprove this

Just because you can walk fast, the combat itself wont become as fast.

This comic artist was already a huge faggot. Now hes a fucking shill Bethcuck ?
Thats a new low.
Guess thas why there is no check list for gunplay vs enemies/mapdesign/sounddesign.
And made a comic to shill a unreleased game, that wont have review copies until launch, while shitting over a anyone that likes the old and wont eat that bland shit in a faggy passive-aggressive message. Its like "current year" is getting pushed in vidya to shill reboots.

Once a pseudo-intellectual, now a AAA shill.

You guys ready for tonnes of complaints that the game is TOO fast? This is going to annoy a lot of console/modern FPS players.

This blatant review-avoiding is hilarious.

It's like Publishers need to rely completely on pre-orders and the fact that people can't refund.

I'm not that mad dood moves slower, but the scripted executions just break any sort of flow. Why the fuck would you do that, and why would you spend half the fucking trailer showcasing something that is the exact opposite of fast?

HOLE TECHNOLOGY

Bamco will keep on churning them out for years to come.

The executions themselves do not break the flow as much as I originally thought, it's rather the emphasis placed on them that ruins it.
It's nice to finish some demon off with a quick animation every now and then, but designing the game around them is what takes away focus from shooting and moving, even if they're fairly short animations. You have a lower ammo limit compared to the original with no plentiful ammo placement or enemies dropping ammo to compensate, so you're forced to Glory Kill in order to save ammo. Item placement is lacking and damage from certain enemies seems to be unavoidable, so you are forced to Glory Kill for health. Apparently you are graded at the end of each level for how many Glory Kills you perform, so for a higher ranking you are forced to Glory Kill. They've taken something that you can do whenever you feel like it into something almost mandatory, and this unnatural focus on Glory Kills instead of moving and shooting doesn't really feel like Doom.
The Darkness had something similar where you'd automatically execute anyone close-up if you attacked, but it was not something you'd always be encouraged to do, since most enemies die quickly enough to your regular weapons and you were not invincible during the animation, meaning there is some risk/reward involved.

Doomguy's legs are OK.

But user, what if the enemy shoots in those bullet sized holes? Then Doomguy's legs won't be OK!

You can play the original Doom on GBA, numb nuts.

Missed a spot, sam.

That and they made the game for modern game reviewers. Game reviewers will LOVE the fact it's a console shooter with Halo aesthetics rather than a proper Doom title. They'd fellate it all day long. It's the steam and metacritic user reviews that will gut them–but that will happen with a review embargo anyway, so I dunno.

I made that .mp4 and tried speeding up the nuDoom video, it doesn't work. The pacing is totally off with long stretches of nothing happening and then 4-5 seconds of intense 'action' that are just one button QTEs.

It's not only that it's much slower as increasing the gameplay speed isn't enough to fix it. It's fundamentally broken.

At least Doom3 tried to do something different compared to previous games, at the time people were still complaining about the terrible art direction but accepted that it was an entirely new style in regards to gameplay. Now with nuDoom you have people who obviously never played the original trying to act as if they're experts and know better than the people complaining.

Hory sheet. I was browsing neofag for salt, and found this hilarious exchange. So we've reached the point where cashmere casuals don't even know the words coming out of their mouth anymore. Like… this isn't him misusing or overusing the word, he really has no idea what it means. I wonder how common this is. In 20 years, will "misogynist" just be slang for "uncool" or "negative"?

Holy fuck the meme magic's real

Top kek

I wouldn't be surprised. Also I've recently seen/heard "politically incorrect" being misused to mean "impolite" or "unprofessional".

so "misogynist" is going to be their blanket insult for everything, oh god my sides

I wonder what sjws would think of next if everyone used misogynist in everyday speech.

Rapist becomes the new "asshole" or "dick".

just some more nails in the coffin

I already know exactly how the process went.

This is it, I'm going to use misogynist so often it becomes another blanket insult like cuck.

10/10

I can't even.

Ahahaha holy fucking shit this guy actually saw the word being thrown around with such wild abandon he associated it with 'casual'. Thank you based NeoFAG for sabotaging this shit.

Wow, this is a new low

And what a face that is.

jesus fucking christ

Quake reboot confirmed, leaked screenshots of Quake's ranger.

Comparison between old and new.

no it was like this

i don't think anybody still plays brutal doom either way

Why, anons, why?
All they had to do was increase movement speed, remove the reloading mechanic, remove the shitty-ass class/perk system, fix the chainsaw, and take off the trademark Bethesda PissFilter. It seems so simple, yet they just keep fucking it up.

No, the entire game is inherently flawed because they got the base wrong. They would need to completely redo level design, monster placements, item placements etc etc. It would be better to make a list of things they got right

They wasn't any "official" modding tool at first
The first map edit was made by hacking the game

I might just start doing that

And there goes the "you don't have to do executions if you don't like them!" argument.

Someone screencap this post. This is a really good arguement against nuDooM shills.

Cash-grab based on name recognition. Anyone want to play Bionic Commando or ROTT

I most certainly did not see any offensive succubi in this version of hell bucko. This guy just doesnt know what he's saying. Not to mention a good 75% of those negative reviews are from people who played the game.
Seriously. Are we allowed to call muhsoggyknees on anything now?

Screencap it yourself, faggot

No, but lets do it anyway

This is the end result of a leftist education. They've been so thoroughly brainwashed they associate anything subjectively negative with their powerwords.

I liked Rearmed. Music was dope.

the WAD files are exposed for ease of modding. nuDoom will be locked down for ease of DLC, like everything these days.

have you ever talked to a dog before? I don't mean having a conversation with it but just telling it to sit or stop shitting on the carpet. when the dog is cooperating with you, your tone lowers but when the dog starts being a little bastard you yell at it. it doesn't matter what words you use, just the tone of your voice and general body language.

this is how SJWs treat normal people.

I have no words and I must scream

Yelling often doesnt work though, its all about being calm and assertive

Alright. I'm going to walk downstairs and say sitting in a chair is sexist to a friend.

If he is sitting in a chair its likely he is manspreading anyway

Post results

It isn't like. It is. The publishers are relying on preorders, and it will take a few more burns to for even the last retard to realize how retarded it is to give people money for a product you may or may not actually receive in the state you want it to be.

On android, i cant screencap. fuck samsung

No "volume+lock" combo option to screencap?

No results. Friend wasnt there. I'll try again in my morning class.

Don't worry guys, I screencapped it for you!

Samsung tablets have absolutely no way to screencap. But this was the cheapest option at the time.

Thanks.

RWDS when?

You trying to trick me somehow?

That's apple only. Sadly Samsung didn't copy that or a very similar feature. Very useful. I would consider it basic functionality.

I'm referring to the big (You) in the top left corner

I disagree that review embargoes should be legal.

But then again I'm a consumer, maybe I'm biased.

Biased in favor of the consumer.

What is the point of review embargoes? I could understand a clause that stipulates that a reviewer has to play X hours of a game before writing a review, but embargoes only really exist to keep the hype train going until the very last moment.

You just answered your own question. They need to keep the train moving till everyone's bought it and found out it's shit.

B-but companies are people too.

They're more intended to keep the anti-hype train from leaving the station until the very last minute; if no one's allowed to tell everyone that the game is fuckshit terrible until the day the game actually launches, then the only way anyone will be able to find out whether or not the game is fuckshit terrible is by buying and playing the game.

In theory they exist so that all reviewers have time to receive the product and can solve any issues (shipment, technical problems etc.) and get ready to release their reviews. It would suck if you were the last guy to release your review (and nobody would read it for that reason) just because your package got lost in the mail, wile the guy who lives next door to the devs will get his a week before anyone else..
In practice: $$$

Yet the vidya community is filled with cretins that don't get suspicious about review embargoes, when it's basically telling them the publisher is not sure about their product to the point even the neutered, emasculated gaming press is going to balk.

This.
We all know AAA devs buy review scores and a Zenimax game will certainly have the marketing budget for it. If you think it will get low "professional" reviews you are delusional.

What is a "low" score anyway? We live in the day and age where fans and developers/publishers throw a shitfit if their hyped up turd gets anything lower than a 9/10. The score scale has been so thoroughly corrupted that you know any AAA game that fails to score 11/10 GOTYAY is a piece of shit.

Whatever approval percentage nuDooM had for its open beta on Steam

But the ones that do score 11/10 are sometimes even worse than the others. Bioshit Infinite was one of those games that got showered in GOTY claims. Also RDR. Both terrible, boring games.

In a perfect world 5/10 would be average, in the actual world they act like anything under 7.5/10 is terrible.

I guarantee you that none of the reviewers that played BI played it for longer than 2 hours.

It's common practice nowadays to front load games as much as possible (see Fallout 4). Publishers aren't making games for consumers, they are making games for journalists.

I still remember the chimpout when Uncharted 2 or 3 got a low score. It just showed how completely shit the whole community has gotten. These people don't care about the quality of a product, all they care about is that their pet IP gets to stand on top of the hill of shit.

Here's why, games are so expensive nowadays, that if you're going to spend 60 bucks on one, it might as well come with a magical wish granting golden yacht.

So if you're going to spend that much money on a game that is a 5 or a 6 at best, you might as well look somewhere else, it's sad, but it's how it is. It's not a change of standards, if anything standards have lowered.

Here's a better one.

But games were even more expensive in the past user.
Oh not to mention inflation. Yeah it sucks that in your lifetime they upped the price from 50>60 USD. But you know back in the SNES days games pushed 100$+

I am aware of that, and guess what, reviews back then were also pretty favorable towards games, even the crappier ones.

A more objective interpretation of "front loading games" would be that devs look at the statistics of how many hours the average user puts in and have concluded that a strong beginning is the most crucial part or you lose most of your audience early on. There's also the practical aspect of playtesters typically trying to complete the game from beginning to end so naturally the beginning of a game is always more polished as it is playtested more often. Every time a playtester hits a point where he can't continue he maybe tries to recreate the problem a few times if there's a save system already, then reports the issue, then starts over.

2 got perfect scores from everyone so I'm guessing the people that were upset by 3's slightly less stellar scores had been building their expectations on those reviews of 2. Uncharted 3 was more of the same afaik but I never played either game, I just watched plenty of Uncharted 2 for the graphics (yes, that seems silly looking back but they were impressive at the time).

yup, they were corrupt as hell back then.
You got the magazine article that's someone's review of some Sims 3 DLC that's just him writing a short story about a guy hanging himself?
Still are, but at least someone's trying to make them at least have a semblance of ethics right?

Casuals don't see anything wrong till there's 4/10 up on IGN. They don't read between the lines, they don't see red flags, they just march obediently into gamestop to pre-order. And they either don't learn when they get burnt or they do and join us.

EGM was the IGN of its day.

Casuals don't see anything wrong till there's 4/10 up on IGN. They don't read between the lines, they don't see red flags, they just march obediently into gamestop to pre-order. And they either don't learn when they get burnt or they do and join us.

Back then you could go to any newsstand or bookstore and buy a magazine with a CD that had dozens of demos on it.

In many cases(doom, duke3d, monkey island 2) the demo had 1/3 of the game of on it, shareware meant they wanted you to share it. The full game was more expensive when corrected for inflation but it was worth it as you knew what you were getting into, especially if your PC was good enough to run it. On consoles you could rent games before buying them to avoid an expensive disappointment.

Nowadays they release a half finished buggy mess. And thanks to digital distribution and always on requirements to let them spy on consumer habits they know exactly how to develop their games as cheaply as possible.

It's only going to get worse as games transition to online only software as a service models.

Good point, though I'd say they see the numbers and realize the vast majority of people never complete games, let alone cross over the 30% mark.

I remember looking at the global Steam achievements for Arkham City and it turns out that a whopping 20% of people that bought the game didn't move past the beginning, before you don the Batman costume.

People simply seem to buy games and forget about them.

I don't see myself as particularly smart, but I really have to say I can't picture how these people function. And this isn't a one time occurrence. Again and again they get burned and repeat the same mistake.

Yup they found out demos decrease sales.
Not all games had shareware versions though.
although game rentals kind of covered this niche because games were so expensive for what was a children's hobby at the time

And we already know because of the Doom open beta.

This means its going to be a bundle, which means more than 2 hours on the games COMBINED will not get you a refund.

satanic trips confirm the evil Jewry behind this

dark days

So if you have the wolfenstein game already pre installed, and then you install the Doom game (as package), and then afterwards decide to refund, you will lose both games in the refund?

Good question.

Wasn't there some fucked up loophole where if it's a bundle AT ALL it can't be refunded?

Rockstar bundled their game with a microtransaction because you can't refund microtransactions. No idea how that works on full game bundles.

Of Dark Souls? Hopefully.
Of the Soulsborne series? Nah.

Tried it on friend. He looked confused and fumbled around and awkwardly before sitting back down.

How mean of you.

However the presented gameplay at the Nvidia event doesn't change the fact that they still have a progression system for weapons and a skill tree for your chainsaw as well as the player character itself.
Because, you know, actually playing games is no fun anymore.

>about 1/2 the calories

Well yes, that is "about" half. 15 calories more and it would be "exactly" half, and any more than that, and it would be "fewer than" half.

Kanker

they're still advertising the product based on the 'half the calories, all the taste!' slogan, it's sneaky advertising

het is hier kankerheet

Oh that i'm not contesting, I make sure to look into the details of any so called health food I buy. Just arguing semantics.

You know me.

post the reverse of that pic

They did it on purpose, so everyone could enjoy it at the launch day.

i need new friends

or none at all

Pick friends who don't play video games by embarking on a hobby that has nothing to do with them. Or at least that's the solution I've been contemplating, no guarantees that it works.

On the contrary, I find handpicked friends from gaming can be the best friends. If you can find someone who doesn't lost their shit when playing the most irritating games in the world, you know you have found the most chill individuals in the world.

You've got us…
Nah ur a fag

Try to find genuinely cool people that on't try to push anything in your face, be it their hobby, lifestyle or political opinion.
These people are rarer than an uncooked steak, but they are out there. Through these you'll find other cool folks.
Just don't be a fag.

Enlighten them. Give them Zandronum or GZDoom with mods and teach them what the original Doom is capable of.

Thats throwing them into the deep, maybe start with painkiller or something
Even though doom has aged fantastically

why is she so perfect

Because she is 2D

Eh she's pretty normal

Review embargoes are great, as long as they lift before the release date. Their actual purpose is to ensure that reviewers don't compete with each other to get their review up as fast as possible, thus skipping over much of the game, meaning they have the time to actually finish it and write a good long review. Unless of course they're a garbage ass reviewer who rushes it anyways in which case it isn't very helpful.

is the dark souls 3 review one making fun of the people who would write the points on the right side?

If so I think it's pretty good but I get the feeling that I'm interpreting it in the opposite way that I should.

cuck is different though, it implies a cuck-like mentality, a willingness to watch somebody fuck your waifu as she screams with pleasure, her body shuddering with uncontrollable orgasms, then bending over meekly to take it up your own ass.

misogynist on the other hand is just their codeword for "something I disagree with".

friendshit is overrated, kill them and dump their corpses into the nearest waste incinerator

No, cuck and fag have been so degraded by Holla Forums and all the rest that fag is almost a term of endearment, which is probably why we use cuck as an actual insult. I still want to get misogynist on that level though, maybe SJWs will stop using it.

They aren't embargoing the reviews to the release date, though. They are SENDING the review codes on the release date. So reviewers can only start to play the game the same time as everyone else.

Personally I couldn't care less about the reviewers, but it undeniably speaks to a manipulative mindset on behalf of the publisher.

I'd argue misogynist is already at that level, its just that SJWs have no introspection and don't realize how retarded they sound

Pretty much all their powerwords have been used so often, and over such trivial matters, that they've started to lose any and all meaning.

Soon enough the dreaded label of "racist" will stop having any power as well.

Honestly what it really speaks about is that Bethesda has no confidence in the game.

It has legal meaning, so not so much.

And people still take it seriously–just, not always the people making the accusations seriously.

It has already begun

Because she is a group of lines and colors not a person.

Cuck is nowhere near as diluted as soggynist has, you fucking goon.

Have only seen the trailers, looks like fun

I approve of this change. Has abetter ring to it.
You can drag it, pronounce it sharply, or do it under your breath.
Asshole on the other hand will always stay slow and soft, unless you overpronunciate the A or ss.
Also: waiting for the "taking the rapist's route" or "that was rather rapey", "I had a date with a total rapist last night" jokes. Will be funny to be an oldfag by then.

Well played, cunts.

If id as a whole died, does that mean Romero could potentially buy up the then unused Doom IP, or any id property for that matter? Sort of like how Gearbox bought up Duke? This is a legitimate question I don't know how business works

The worst part is that they're still excited for the new doom, even after playing the better doom.

We can never have nice things

No, it'd go to Bethesda who would flog this horse to no tomorrow since they bought out ID and are technically the rights holder.

COMICS
NOT INFOGRAPHS, NOT WORDS, COMICS
Why do people make infographs and decide to call them "comics"? It's awful. Just because you tack a cute little buddy doesn't mean it's comic, or that it's a comic.

There's also "play single player and multiplayer", as I won't bother even trying. So 0/10

Or a framed story told in comic form

He thinks he meant that. He isn't sure of what he meant, he thinks he meant that.
Americans.jpg

DYEL detected.

Makes you wonder why the trailer looks decent and the real game is obviously trash.

What does the sign even say?

Mine is broke and will only buy it at 75% off, if he doesnt forget first.

Because like in most cases, the PR/marketing team are way more competent than the devs.

Some christian thing that triggers his liberal-atheism perceptions.

Arguably Shadow of Mordor. That was a surprising one - super limited and biased "review" copies, but the game turned out OK. It was odd, since you'd figure that must have been WB trying to cover up a multitude of nasty flaws, when there weren't many glaring problems with the game.

No it was complete shit and the only good thing about it was the enemy system (cant remember what they called it). Thre combat could be done by mashing left click. It was just complete shit.

"protectionist" laws are retarded. embargoes are a giant red flag to anyone with intelligence.
caveat emptor.

GTA5 is shit. they knew what they were doing.

It's not so much the Marketing team is more competent, it's that devs get fucked in the ass nearly beginning to end. At least hopefully that's the case and devs aren't a lot of mouth breathing window lickers.

But the nuDoom would be very good, you crossed the shit features instead of putting the same ones and just crossing them

The cars handle like shit in IV.

yeah because they have weight to them while in V they didnt and dont sway as much as in iv making them feel like those werid matchbox cars

It was called the nemesis system. Probably the only feature that people remember of the game because everything else was lackluster. The combat was pretty much the same as Assassin's Creed and Arkham games.

Kind of funny that you have to die to fully utilize the system. With how easy combat is, you hardly died unless they have an overpowered ability or multiple boss enemies show up during combat. I liked the nemesis system to be used in other games but not activated upon death. All enemies and bosses would improve ai and get new skills based on number of enemies killed in a certain area or improve for how long the battle is drawn out. I think that will be a lot better than we we currently have with level scaling.

GTA IV's suspension is a lot more realistic that 5, but it's really really loose to give it videogamey feel. you can see how well done it is with mods that tighten it up.

I get the impression that bethdoom may have been stuck in development hell for a good few years. Like it should have been released around the time that was still relevant.

Sort of, they were working on a doom that pretty much looked like a CoD clone. They then scrapped that and started over to work on a halo clone, dont know which idea was worse

GTA IV frustrated me so much I didn't even want to bother with mods.

Holy shit. That's actually all I needed to see to know that this game will be a steaming pile of shit.

Honestly, the halo clone is the most insulting. They make a game that sort of resembles doom, but its just not. Slowing down the game with glory kille every few seconds, adding 10 second cutscenes for everything else, and trying to sell us doom. Its like eating a really nice steak and then the suits give you an imitation tofu steak. Yeah it almosts tastes like a steak, but its not and its insulting to eat after the really nice one.

I wonder if Doomguy can put claymore mines on his kneepad holes for extra intimidation points

exploding knees

Truth doesn't fear investigation. If they're keeping people from reviewing it, it's clearly a horrible game. It could be great, but what are they afraid of? Red flags all around.

I wouldnt count to much with this, since they changed the dev team for a good number of times.

In all seriousness, I would not be surprised to find out that over 100 people were churned during the production of it.

Im only interested on the single player campaing, is that going to suck too? Someone convice me to not buy this please

If you are only in it for the single player then you might as well pirate it.

What are you, unamerican?

Yeah i don´t care about the MP, tried the beta and it was kinda boring for me

Another thing to take into account is that the length of the game could be short in favor of the multiplayer. So dishing out $60 for it might just be a waste, especially if the modding will be gimped and the modding community that tries to work with what's available won't be as talented as those of the previous Doom games.

Yeah im mostly worried about it being really short, so i will probably wait or pirate not sure

Pick one. Maybe you just misread his post.

You should most definitely pirate it you indecisive fucking faggot. There is so much evidence out that this is going to be shit, and you STILL need to be convinced? At least you can judge the game before dishing out $60 for it.

I wonder if this will be another Fallout 4, i.e a game so bad that even pirating it feels like you somehow lost out. Probably not quite that bad, since at least it will be a better shooter than Fallout 4 was.

Well the poor souls that'll pirate it in a few days can tell us what they got to experience.

I played Fallout 4 for 12 hours after pirating it. What an unenjoyable experience that was. I don't even want to fuck with DOOMED.

I'll pirate it. Been pirating bad games since the 90's, I'm at least expecting the singleplayer to be Wolfenstein New Order tier. Not good, but not unplayable either.

Fallout 4 really was unplayable–I can squeeze some distraction out of even trash-tier games, but that was a mess.

Jesus, it's faster to just kill enemies with the scripted cutscenes than it is to try to shoot them. Please tell me you're not temporarily "invulnerable" while the animation is playing.

There isnt any i frames when glory killing in MP so i guess you are vunlerable.

Its also sped up in MP so my bet is on it having I frames in singleplayer

Holy fucking shit is there even a term for this much destruction?