Guys, i am very good at making hacks for sonic games

Guys, i am very good at making hacks for sonic games.

How do i make Sonic 3 & Knuckles better? Should ring system be completely eliminated for the sake of the difficulty, and replaced with powerups, like mushrooms from Mario?

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/a6vbs5bbp7oo9ks/Coldsteel_Hack.rar
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think its too easy and could have some enhancements in terms of difficulty.

You don't make sonic 3 better by making it more like fucking Mario, that's for sure.

If anything I'd say you could make it harder, with perhaps more enemies. You would have to be careful not to ruin the flow of the game, though.

Make it so you can't pick up dropped rings when you get hit.

That's a good idea.

SONIC SHOULD LAY EGGS NOW

Put in Coldsteel

You know those RLM hacks that complain how when you go fast you logically get hit by enemies and lose your rings? Powerups and healths are worse, because now you actually have to go slow in order to avoid getting hit because powerups are placed sparingly unlike rings. I'm guessing people are complaining about the ring system because they're used to collectibles that you don't use as a life system.
If that's the case, then make buffer for how much rings you can hold for life support and other rings will be stored away However, if your life buffer is below 100 rings, then you can't get a 1 up if you get 100 rings.

Other improvements that would be nice is:

Probably some are too much to ask for. But still, if you can, I'd like very much the last suggestion the most.

make the resolution not shit and also position the camera further ahead of sonic

Okay, i'l take your ideas into consideration, they are great.

But for now i think i am grasping the concept of artificial difficulty.

If you want to make the game "better" that's hard because "better" is subjective in this case

No. The rings were essential in allowing someone maintain speed and momentum in the game since instead of worrying about getting another power up to stay alive having at least ONE ring guarantees you can take a hit. The power ups in the game just give you more platforming options.

Edit Sonic's sprite so he has a massive dong and replace all the sound effects with the alarm sound from launch base zone

Drowning alert as music for every stage.

Yes

Okay guys! I think i am getting a grasp on how to make cool hardcore souls-like hacks!

So, here's a super hardcore demo of my future hack about Coldsteel the hedgeheg:
mediafire.com/download/a6vbs5bbp7oo9ks/Coldsteel_Hack.rar

Features:
1. No rings
2. No monitors
3. No checkpoints
4. No bonus monitors after stage
5. Only first zone is done so far

And if you suck at completing first zone - nothing personel, kid!

Add new moves.

Sonic - Super Peelout. See Sonic CD
Tails - High Jump. See Amy's hammer flip in Sonic Advance 1
Knuckles - ground pound. See Sonic Advance 3

More characters, if the engine allows it
Amy - no rolling, but jumps higher and can hammer in the air. Also has a hammer flip for even higher jumps
Metal Sonic - Moves faster, damages enemies while moving at top speed. No rolling. Has Super Peelout. Having rings makes you move faster, but they slowly tick down. More of a hard mode character
Dark Souls the Hedgehog - Invincible while rolling, flinches heavily when hit

That's just purple sonic.

This is Coldsteel.

But that's just purple sonic.

Another thing, make Sonic control very flexible. Use Mario 64's move where Mario instantly jumps backwards if you switch his analog from forward to back instantly. And again, moves similar to Megaman X. Or Megaman Zero, as I felt that had a more flexible control scheme. Focusing on how Sonic interacts with his environment can make any hard level enjoyable.

That's an original character, DO NOT STEAL.

i like this idea, also i miss the super peal out

You don't. If you want to get creative, why not remake Sonic 4 in 3s engine?

KNUCKLES CHAOTIX CHARACTERS AND GAMEPLAY

Port Sonic Classic Heroes into S3&K.

Add extra characters, starting with the characters from Chaotix, since they're already in a very similar game. Others, like Amy, could use their movesets from the Advance games (but use her CD sprite, obviously).

Throw in alt skins. Shadow and the various robot Sonics as alt skins for Sonic. Rouge as an alt skin for Knuckles. Or actually try to give them their own moves, which is doable, but would require creativity and more skill to perfect than just copying shit that's already in other games. Making 2D Rouge a mix between Tails and Knuckles is probably doable, but getting it just right might be hard.

Make sonic green

Make the camera zoomed out more so you can actually see far enough ahead to react to obstacles when you're going fast.

Jesus Christ I hate you already.

put Sonic in a wheelchair

All of you are thinking like modern-day Sonic Team.

these are the people that thought Sonic Colors was a good game

These are the people that thought Sonic Dreams was a real game.

Make it so the camera has Sonic always on the left or right side of the screen instead of the center. This should give you enough time to react to things even at high speed.

What about sexy pharaoh Robotnik? It would add another challenge: the player's eyes.

make new levels for SA2, specifically, sonic/shadow levels

make new chao garden features too

You could always take inspiration from Sonic Megamix and look at both the current and future abilities of each character in question, and either give some of those abilities to new characters (Mighty, Shadow, Ray, etc) or incorporate them into the existing trio. However this would also require you to extensively modify the game wholesale to make best use of those new abilities and would be an absolutely massive undertaking.

For example Sonic Megamix is designed around Sonic, who gains the Super Peel-Out from Sonic CD and the homing attack and light dash from the Adventure games. Homing attack only goes into play when close to an enemy, and otherwise functions as an instant-fullspeed airdash; light dash rarely (if ever) comes into play in terms of level design with only one or two ring-paths popping up in the currently-existing custom levels. He's focused on getting around as quickly as possible, but his vertical movement is severely limited and going 2fast4u presents its own set of problems in typical Sonic fashion.

Shadow can doublejump with his own homing attack coming into play when close to an enemy, and he can also immediately boost forward at full speed by pressing A at the cost of 5 rings per boost. Shadow has access to most of Sonic's paths but may need to take different ones if he can't reach somewhere that Sonic could with light dashes, and he's based a bit more on slower exploration.

Mighty incorporates the shield system from Sonic 3 with his own insta-shield and resultant use of elemental shield abilities; lightning shield for ring attraction, immunity to electrical damage and a double-jump, fire shield for a slow forward airdash and immunity to fire damage, and a water shield for a bubble-bounce and infinite air while underwater. He can also "store" shields by holding down and A, and bring them out later by holding up and A at a ring cost; if he has another shield equipped while one is stored and tries to bring one out, it'll be placed in storage instead.

kill me

Get good, faggot.

Add more branching paths. Make them like Rondo of Blood.

10/10 post

Speaking of classic Sanic games, anyone know how Sonic Retro is these days?

This

Also Sonic Xtreme.
Also Sonic SatAM game.

Take your pick.

by sonic Xtreme I mean the merchandised version where sonic had skateboards and rollerblades not the shitty Saturn prototype.

Coldsteel has grey fingerless gloves, eyeliner, red pupils, earrings, red arm bands, pale purple skin, etc

Just do everyone a favor and get the megamix team to go back and touch Megamix up. GOTYAY.