What happened to Fake News traffic stats?

What happened to fake news traffic stats that were pinned here? Saying that they paid companies to drive fake traffic from China?
Any news on that? was that legit?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/13xwh
archive.is/iiUPo
archive.is/GAQ9H
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bumpan.

Interesting. Why buy traffic from China? Their ranking in America alone is already super high, unless they're buying bots in America, but would they really do that just over Trump saying they're total losers?
If true, Jews truly have the thinnest skin of all the races.

well the traffic could be bought in order to attract advertisers and therefore revenue. No-one wants to advertise on a site that has no traffic afterall and their paper-copy sales make next to nothing.

I believe the most pressing (or promising from our perspective) angle was that of advertisers, who are presumably paying to display ads to theoretically fictitious traffic. Should these liberal rags be doing this intentionally then it is fraud, quite serious fraud at that looking at the numbers.

Possibly they don’t serve ads to Chinese viewers so no fraud at hand but even if that were the case then it is still odd. Can the Chinese even access western fake news without a VPN?

Well, that's the problem here, nearly all of the publications on that chart are banned on surface web in China, meaning you will never get to go on those sites unless u do use VPN, or some other proxy.

Something is odd then, if the New York Times were purchasing traffic why buy it (somehow) so as to appear from one of the only nations on the planet where it should be almost impossible to access the site?

I really have nothing to add but I sure am curious on this whole matter.

Why can't we get a rich Patron to false flag with Chinese traffic?

They're obviously buying traffic. I don't have stats but the gut says that your average china-man doesn't even know (nor care) what a VPN is. This just means that Trump was 100% right and they're bleeding like no tomorrow.

Probably so that they can make a statement like "XX million pageviews every day!" without it really being a lie. As long as no one looks any deeper than that they look like they're still successful and influential.

So they can pretend to be relevant

If people started to point out they have no audience they lose their standing.

I just checked all of them on Alexa, and get the same message on all of them.

CNN is showing country, but not nytimes.

CNN rank drop over past 3-4 days.

ibankcoin.com/zeropointnow/2017/02/09/fake-newsflow-are-the-ny-times-guardian-and-wapo-buying-clicks-china-jumps-from-trickle-to-half-of-all-traffic-in-two-months/

That's the article that was source for the other one (which was just a republish of this one)

Oh, incidentally, The Guardian is one if the outlets shown to be artificially inflating its stats. They have an advert at the bottom of every article claiming more people than ever are reading it but fewer are paying for it, then begging for donations. I reported them to the ASA in the UK for false and misleading advertising. You have to give details like name etc. though. Not like when reporting things to the FTC

Here's the article
vesselnews.io/fake-newsflow-new-york-times-washington-post-buying-clicks-china-traffic-jumps-half-traffic-two-months/

honestly i would've just played it off like suddenly chinks were getting their trump news from those sites. asking alexa to block traffic stats is just an admission of guilt.

Kekistan icancer get out

Confirmed. None of the other news sites that I checked are hiding country info right now and coincidentally are also dropping in rank. I think there is something to this story.

correction: not all of them are dropping, breitbart was rising. Most are dropping since the election was over. Really strange that huffpo, nyt and gerd are all showing big traffic spikes and country info disabled. Anyone know what it takes to get that info turned of by alexa? Is it a setting or did they have to pull strings at alexa?

For some reason godaddy, spotify, apple.com and tumblr alexa rankings have their country info unavailable too.

So this is not completely unheard of.

The following search term will give you back a list of sites with country info "temporarily unavailable".

Checking archive.is and it looks like the country info was disabled sometime after Feb 11th.

Here are archives for 02/11/2017:

nyt - archive.is/13xwh
guardian - archive.is/iiUPo
washington post - archive.is/GAQ9H

I swear to god faggots camp his twitter and reply a bunch of times as soon as they see it hoping they end up in a Huffington Post "5 Ways this Twitter Communist Shut Down Trump"

just realized I was namefagging after saging. oops.