I decided to play Mabinogi after a year of not playing. I forgot how grindy yet comfy it was...

I decided to play Mabinogi after a year of not playing. I forgot how grindy yet comfy it was, too bad my guild is long dead and so are my friends.

I think I actually tried this game once.

Totally forgettable.

Anything good about it?

is there like a private server?

or is it the Nexon thing?

Mabinogi's still pretty comfy

What kind of combat does it have?

bump, I know some of you cunts still play mabi

It was one of the most enjoyable MMOs I've played, but those times are long gone. Nexon ruins everything eventually.

They perverted it into raid spammer with a shit story, and nothing new added that's worth a damn beyond end game.
They can't even make interesting events anymore.

They need to do something with the overworld beyond making an area for waifu training or remodel dungeons into not having to hit orbs.

They really need to just make a new game that's not Vindictus.

The game is just about dead since modding is banned, and mods are required to make the game not run like dogshit on any hardware.

I remember playing this game in the mid 2000's with a friend I knew in high school. Early on the combat was grindie as fuck, you had to pay for rebirths, you only had 2 hub towns and 3 dungeons. I had a lot of fun selling stacks of holy water for like 25k for a stack of 10. Now its filled with people who stand around empty channels role playing like edgy faggots with neon flashing dyed robs.
The economy is fucked and ducats or whatever that new currency that added years ago did nothing to fix it.

Ducats are to buy crap from the Commerce system but sadly, they constantly beat it down into the ground. It's just busy work that constantly gets screwed over by putting its items into the gacha, events, or just making them useless from the getgo.
They went out of their way to buff old skills just to make Alchemy completely useless beyond Hydra spam in all the new stuff they're making.
What they call difficulty now is forcing the players to find invul frames and missed things to help.

You can't give status ailments, you can't stun, you can't knock monsters around, rooms are filled with monsters, even the boss rooms, and they all have all that in the next dungeon update.

I completely forgot that thats what they were for. You the goods for gold or ducats and repeated the cycle over again.
I remember just having the game running on the background auto clicking the mini map and only going back to the game when I was being ambushed. I don't want to go back to that game, but it filled an mmo fix that I haven't been able to fill in years
playing as a girl yielded some hilarious responses

I wish a new game like it came out that'll be super comfy and'll attract tons of players

I want the golden days back

Shit became my bread and butter and they ruined it before I could even get fully set up.
I'm the only one I know that can stand commercing.
I'd love it if they'd ungimp it so that it would go back to at least near how it was at implementation. I can't commerce as a dude, all my speed buffs are investing in female.
Only things I can play right now are this and DFO and I've been putting way more time into DFO.

Can someone remind me of that one epic bug that happened? Apparently the game got hacked at one time. I don't quite remember the story. I've never actually played but it always came up when someone mentioned this game.

Do you mean the black robe outbreak and people's limbs being taken out of their inventory?
Your limbs are really just hidden inventory items

Are you talking about the time were the stats got fucked up and people went from having 200 str to 999+?
Fun times, I think nexon ended up doing a character rollback after that fiasco.

I'm sorry to hear that your friends are dead, user.

Yes. I remember seeing spooky pictures of that.

Did that happen two times, or was the purple robes thing the same thing?

No, don't even know if I joined before that.
Only bugs I ever used to my own benefit was the Advanced Colossus Mini Bug, the being fat while being frozen in a transformed state, and commercing when the monster servers are down.

You called?

Hack fucks got in and added corrupt items to peoples' inventories, essentially bricking their characters into pic related.

Years later, after it having been promised to be fixed, there are still souls who wait for their characters to be fixed. The less autistic left the game or started over.