Shining Path

Thoughts on Shining Path?

Are they based? Are the media accusations against them bullshit or not?

bump because I'm interested too

Better than sitting in front of computer :)

all communists are based

Super fucking based tbh

tankie cultists

They don't really exist anymore, the ones that still call themselves Sendero Luminoso are nothing more but drug dealers and human traffickers.

Dumb, violent Maoists.

This. You know it's bad when a nazbol's saying it.

never heard of them

kys

"""""""civilians"""""""

I'm sure the people who got offed in Lucanamarca or Tarata were "porkies".

It's kind of a similar situation to Stalin and the kulaks. Stalin basically labelled any peasant who didn't want to give up their land a kulak, even if they were just barely scratching a living out of the ground with their subsistence turnip farming. Peruvian villagers engaging in similar, small scale "subsistence capitalism" are targeted by Shining Path despite being dirt poor peasants.

So what alternative do you propose? Just continue letting agriculture wallow in feudal conditions?

and so another collectivisation shitstorm begins…

Anarcho-kulakism

My mother used to work at Nintendo– I mean, intelligence. According to her, violence in the countryside was pretty real, but gommie attacks in the city were mostly centered against the state. Tarata, for example, didn't follow the usual mode of operation of Shining Path and we had Fujimori as the head of state at the time so…

Anyways, Shining Path's legacy in Peru is that even Social Democrats are considered hardcore hyperleftists by the majority of the country. The exception being the south of Peru which is more rebel. The exception to the exception being Arequipa, who suck a quintillion dicks for going for PorkyPorkyKKK in the first round of the presidential elections.

Southern Peru should be annexed by Bolivia tbqhwy fampais.

this is the road it always seems to lead down unfortunately, any legitimate resistance movement in our day and age needs to have a comprehensive plan against agentry and subversion before they pretty much do anything unfortunately

The problem was the leader, Abimael Guzman got captured. Keep him from being captured and you probably get Maoist Peru. And/or the US intervening and making things worse