So I just finished this...

So I just finished this, and though it looked pretty I couldn't help but notice the crazy drop in animation quality from disney. The movements looked stiff, lifeless, and even jagged at times. The expressions looked more bland than their previous films.

Was it just me or is western animation getting even worse? Animators supposedly moved to 3D animation for more control and minute detail in animation, but I saw better animation recently from 90's cartoons with tv animation crews.

This was made by nontraditional animators iirc, maybe I'm wrong but I did see some (a lot) of new faces there.

Animation was the least of the movies troubles. It didn't even have a cohesive plot. The ocean could have resolved everything in the first 5 minutes, but instead we have to follow around a spoilt teenager who's entire character is
While the Rock played an amazingly sympathetic character with a real story arc of putting his own selfish desires behind himself for the betterment of the world.

between Moana and Finding Dory, I've noticed a fair amount of Dreamworks tendencies. It could be that migration between studios is starting to affect quality

That would make sense considering there was practically no squash and stretch in the character animations. It was all just made to looks as pretty as possible. The movements were there but there wasn't a lot of life or personality in them. They never took them to extreme or exaggerated positions aside from maybe a few times in the Mauie song.

I just figured the plot had been talked to death, and even with the horrible story of the past few Disney movies at least they were decent eye candy when it came to animation. Now, like vidya, they just have good graphics it seems.

They even tried to make it look like the Rock was at fault for stealing the rock and tried to play it off that the "big bad" was actually good because she's a big beautiful goddess and nature and shit when what you should really learn was that she's a petty hysterical bitch who fucked up entire communities over a precious stone.

The ending was totally pointless as well. After the hysterical goddess was calmed out of her catastrophic hissy fit, the blight was gone and the fish came back. Even looking past the gaping plot hole that the ocean can do everything but didn't, they had no good reason to assemble a fleet and leave the island other than just their overplayed romance of exploration.

Nigger, he literally stole her HEART. He took away Te Fiti's ability to have compassion.

Fair enough. Sorry if I derailed.

But, see, it can work as the ocean teaching the Rock's character that he should do things because of compassion instead of glory with all the same set pieces. But what does Moana learn? Basically nothing.

Its funny when I first saw the trailers I thought Te Ka was going to be Pele and she would be pissed at Maui for taking credit in creating the islands. Since in the legends it varies a lot where Pele created the islands and Maui fished them out of the ocean.

It was decent, better than Frozen

That movie is fucking beautiful. To what do you even compare this?

Frozen? Tangled? Faggot.

Watch WW

no

Will Gal Gadot come to my house and dominate me if I do?

You're probably shitposting, but I think that the beauty of this movie is an interesting point that a lot of the bad animation hid behind. It absolutely was beautiful… visually, this was the equivalent of a video game that sells itself on art direction and graphics alone, but when you break down the characters animations there is little going on to make their movements interesting or fun outside of a few scenes. There was little squash and stretch in their movements. There was nothing that really made this a cartoon. You could have done the whole thing in live action just as easily. They needed to capitalize on the animated characters and really took their poses to extremes, instead they dialed it back, focused on rendering out complex scenes, and left the movements jagged at times.

Hell, I'd say Resident Evil Vendetta had better animation and took more advantage of the CG animation than Moana did.

>one of the main characters is the trickster demigod, famed for being manipulative and tricking people into helping him pull islands out of the sea and other crazy shit
Disney is laughably incompetent.

He also tricked crab dude with Moana's help, but I basically agree. He didn't even try and trick the big bad at the end, which should have been his "Trickster" moment.

Can't you faggots go back to Halfchan?
Or stop learning your shit from Youtube, Gen Z alt-right scum?

He specified "island nigger," so he was correct. "Sand Niggers" are Arabs, "Curry Niggers" are Indian. If I said "Potato Niggers" you'd probably know I was talking about the Irish, so why throw a fucking hissy fit because he called a ethnic group "something-nigger"? Because reminder, we say that shit about EVERYONE HERE.

>>>/tumblr/

It looks like you're the one throwing the hissy fit here.

Guy scrolling past threads on the index here, I disagree.

since when were the Phillipines considered Polynesian.

More like no internet at all. Tumblr is the same shit but left.

Oh shit someone on Holla Forums actually knows something.

shut the fuck up, nigger

I know about Polynesia because I live in it

I was hoping this might spawn some films going over Polynesian mythology. Speaking of which maybe we should share any movies about Polynesian mythology we can find?