The "rural purge" of American television networks (in particular CBS) was a series of cancellations in the early 1970s...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rural_purge

What did (((they))) mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_left
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What a coincidence

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_left

who the fuck wants to watch rednecks redneck it up?

If I know jews then they probably found the rural setting not a sufficiently effective enough platform to spread degeneracy.

lmao

Yeah, pigs and cows are boring. Who wants to see that when you have niggers?

kys kike

It explicitly states that those shows were getting good ratings, retard.

good. fuck rural people.

And a reminder that the shows used to be a about good, happy but poor families from the rural areas. Guess ((they)) couldn't have that be popular.

Nobody likes poor people, not even other poor people. Everyone hates rednecks.

rural & suburban retards btfo

It's for the best really, the less people that can identify with the electronic jew the better. Any rural shows made today would just be subversive propaganda aimed at that particular demographic.

fuck off Holla Forums

I grew up around negroes, an in the 80s even Tyrone had a Dukes of Hazard matchbox car and called the fat black kid Boss Hog.

Humans are easily programmable.

Little House on the Prairie was absolute trash though

Andy Griffith was the only good one among those shows, and even that stopped being good once they started shooting it in color.

Looks like Dubya

This is all part of the neoliberal shift that started happening in the '70s when capitalism went global. Here's a good read covering the subject in more detail.

Fuckin' sold, torrenting now.

Stop watching television and stop with the celebrity gossip you fucking plebs

No way! Beverly Hillbillies, Green Acres and Mr. Ed were the shit!

"Rednecks" are actually more nicer than most "city folk".

bummping

there's that word again

What are you going to do about it, corporate marxist, get the site shut down because you can't handle it?

I'll keep pointing out your bullshit

You're not pointing out shit.

black people