There May Be No Consoles in the Future, EA Exec Says

There May Be No Consoles in the Future, EA Exec Says

"I'm not sure there will be consoles, as we know them anymore," Moore told The Daily Orange. "Games will be accessed by streaming technology, so we don't need hardware intermediaries in between the two."

He added: "If you and I want to play Battlefield 12 against each other, we'll just jump into a game via whatever monitor we happen to have in our homes. It'll be on a chip, rather than in a box."

Tekken boss Katsuhiro Harada offered this take, "When there's the PS5, it will probably be just a controller and a monitor. Then, the thing that will be left is the name of the service."

Gaming veteran Lorne Lanning said that PlayStation boss Shuhei Yoshida told him that Sony itself was unsure if there would ever be a PlayStation 5.

archive.is/3Fj47

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/QRw44
stallman.org/netflix.html
sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?26920-Games-with-3D-graphics-running-at-60-fps-5th-Generation-Consoles
archive.is/apGc9
nichegamer.com/2016/04/18/rumor-playstation-4-5-codenamed-neo-specs-revealed/
libreboot.org/faq/#amd
libreboot.org/faq/#intel
gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-10-09-digital-rights-are-exhausting-is-it-legal-to-sell-second-hand-digital-games
computerworld.com/article/2489741/networking/how-netflix-streams-movies-to-your-tv.html
megagames.com/game-content/fixes/all/all
gamecopyworld.eu/games/gcw.php
fsf.org/campaigns/priority-projects/reverse-engineering
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yeah because all the attempts at deviating from personal hardware have worked SO well thus far

this is just another trainwreck to look forward too

Quads are the future.

Let us store all of your games on the cloud for you, goyim! Just like Apple and iTunes, goyim. Pay your monthly fee, goyim.

We can only hope

TACHYONS!

Well, to be honest if you had a top internet connection OnLive was supposedly a good service
Problem is if you had no connection you couldn't play your stuff
A literal always-online DRM check service in the name of consoles
We can go worst than modern times, folks, trust the nose for that

I believed in consoles, I truly did.
Back in the days of PS1 and PS2, when games were running at 60 fps, and looked better than PC games on average.
And to build PC surpassing said consoles was really fucking expensive.

But then PS3 happened. Holy fucking shit, 30 fps, shitty graphics, and, most of all, price comparable to that of a rivaling PC, is this real?
And finally PS4 happened. Literally a Bloodborne machine, but guess what, it runs at fucking 30 fps too.

No, just no, consoles are garbage, and with modern technology I don't see them rivaling personal computers ever again.

OH SHIT I'M FEELING IT

what ps1 gams were full on 60fps?

There's probably loads but i remember spyro being hardlocked to 23fps or some shit, and a bunch of others running at very consistent 25 - 30.

HELL YEAH, FUCK YEAH, I FEEL LIKE KILLING IT

I'd rather have a future with no EA.

Never forget that paid streaming services and cloud services are inherently anti-consumer. Don't let them take away your vidya.

archive.is/QRw44
stallman.org/netflix.html

8ch is a very functional website.

PSS PSS
PSS PSS

All of them? At least real time ones.
I remember Gundam fighting games being fluid as shit, and Capcom fighters having incredible animations, looking better than cartoons shown on TV. I later learned that they've cut a lot of frames to fit arcade graphics into PS1
Armored Core games also were responsive and fluid as life, the reason I couldn't play AC4 after being life-long Armored Core fan.
I couldn't fucking believe they went 2fast4you route with how shit PS3 was and fucking 30 fps limitation.

sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?26920-Games-with-3D-graphics-running-at-60-fps-5th-Generation-Consoles

The early games were also extremely hard to play. The controls are so strange.

Wasnt expecting so many only focused on PS1.
I was expecting more from the Saturn.

No, thank you.

Good list really, I played Bloody Roar and Tekken 3 to death so it's nice to know they probably are as responsive as i remember.

I cant wait for lag in single player games

Fuck that noise.

What they're describing also means no PC either. They want us gaming off of a fucking mainframe. This isn't something to be celebrating.

Ironically, it was multiplatform shit and PC-like development that killed the quality consoles were known for.
These days, on both sides of the fence, we get all the bad things with none of the good.

They have been saying it for ten years, yet even in the Best World the countries have fiber in few big cities and that's it. And would fiber be enough to stream proper games? I don't think so.
The future this idiot is talking about is around 30 years away. There won't be an EA anymore, so if they are actually preparing for it, they are wasting resources.

fuckingchrist, this.
if cloud games ever become a standard shit is fucked beyond recovery. no mods, no pirating,
you pay for the privilege to rent your games until service is halted for Next Title.

E E E E O O O O O N N N

Which means it'll never happen because both gaming and western civilization will crash before then.

ARE WE GOING TO CYCLE BACK TO ARCADE MACHINES!!!!

One can only hope.

Nope.

What about MMOs and multiplayer/company server side games?
Also digital download games that you can only purchase on the server?

That's fucking Blaphomet.

*Baphomet
Not sure why I put an l in there.

>"Let's take this anti-consumer jewry one step further." EA said, while rubbing their hands together on a massive pile of money
>"In the future, the goy will not even get a digital copy of the game stored locally, instead it will exist on a server somewhere which the goy will pay to have access to. This way we can deprive them of access at any time & pirates can't even get there hands on the game to crack our DRM."

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you are referring to as "Baphomet", is in fact, Sabbatic Goat/Baphomet, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, Sabbatic Goat plus Baphomet.
Baphomet is not a deity unto itself, but rather an accusation of what the Knights Templar worshiped in the 14th century. It wasn't until over 500 years later that people projected the ideal's of what they believed Baphomet was (basically Yin and Yang) onto a Sabbatic Goat.

I'm not surprised.

Nope, since tachyons aren't invented yet. You just get a laggy ugly stream of a game with ridiculous reaction time to all of your inputs.

Oh but it has.
Soon the disks you buy will only contain a code to rent from a single provider. You will never be safe with physical media ever again.

Haven't there already been boxed copies of games with nothing but a Steam code? If you're lucky it comes with a disc that will then require a multi-GB patch just to start playing.

as far as mainstream is concerned he's absolutely right

but who gives a shit about what the mainstream goyim play, this just means that anyone who actually gives a shit about gaming will be on PC and any game made for a niche audience will be as well. I see nothing but good to come from this.

This

This fucking faggot forgot about OnLive? archive.is/apGc9

And really doubt Sony when they bought OnLive can get fucking cloud streaming to work WITHOUT PROBLEMS.

And this just reminds me about Apple and Netflix removing your access of your music and movies because you're just fucking renting them.

If you take the majority out of buying consumer hardware like chips and video cards and all that, it greatly reduces the scale of production for that stuff. Then in the long run it either quits being made entirely or gets way more expensive for us hold-outs.

Give me a local copy I can keep forever on multiple hard drives, or give me death

Well then how are they going to run those games for them to be remotely streamed? Someone's gotta set up the servers, and those servers are going to need graphics cards and shit. This just means that prebuilts will die and enthusiasts will have no choice but to build their own rig.

Ayylmaoware and Steam Machines come in mind.

Guess we'll get PS 4.6, PS 4.7, and PS 4.95 in the future

nichegamer.com/2016/04/18/rumor-playstation-4-5-codenamed-neo-specs-revealed/

For the most part those are still installed on your hard drive. When it comes to the whole software freedom gig, ideally the consumer can host their own servers, and the closest there is to that is private servers. However that doesn't exist for every MMO out there.

If you'd consider it in a way. It's open for disassembly and reverse engineering (if you have the skill and dedication), like all installable closed source software.

Ridge Racer let you compare 30 and 60FPS

I'll pass on that

That's not Satan, it's my original character Blaphomet!

I'm not saying overlap is impossible, but what giant server banks use for stuff and what home consumers use for stuff isn't necessarily the same, parts tend to be made focused primarily on one market or the other.

After
libreboot.org/faq/#amd
libreboot.org/faq/#intel

Now I really see the use of consoles conceptually (right now WiiU is the only console that doesn't use x86). Right now there's only 2 or 3 hardware companies to choose to support, and meanwhile someone could've made a MIPS or RISCV based console and potentially supported manufactuering and development of that CPU architecture.

However, I guess by now that niche has shrunk as there are people completely sick and tired of low budget graphics, 'fake' pixel graphics from shitty indie games.

Sony knows how successful PS4 is due to disc based service. They saved us from Microsofts bullshit DRM and they sould know what's good for their interests by now. Nice try getting the tide to turn on them though.

If you were playing an actual good game, it'd be possible to complete the whole thing on one credit. A lot of relatively recent shmups actually expect this to get true final bosses and good endings.

Game streaming is physically impossible
EA is niche.

We can only hope

This never happened though, what the fuck is wrong with you?

The user who said that everything will be streamed has a point there.

Look at movies and music. Hell, even some of you anons support this by using Netflix and Spotify. This is the future you chose

This.

It's no big problem if a movie strops for a few seconds to buffer. On the other hand it is a big issue if a game desyncs in the middle of an online match.

And the tubes are nowhere ready to stream games in any decent quality.

I can't wait for this to flop spectacularly.

OP talks about future, not internet speeds now.
Besides, the main point is ownership over games.

One day, we'll all be renting them and when servers go down, we can't do anything

Good

The worst thing I can imagine next to mobile games.

The future is phones.

In 50 years your phone will be everything. You can wirelessly connect it to any screen.

What about streaming mobile games?

But will I be able to wirelessly connect it into your ass?

It's gonna happen.

Streaming your stream games off of the Steam Stream tryin to get subs when your iphone ISN'T EVEN evo standard.

Okay I've got it. Streaming mobile games with the need for a 'fast lane' ISP account to not be throttled to 800ms ping.

There May Be No Consoles in the Future, EA Exec Says, only phones.

If you can have a phone with X computational power, then a stationary PC will always have more. the fact that we can cram more into a larger space will not change for the foreseeable future, and most probably never.

Normalfags will definitely all be gaming on phones though, they don't need much power, they only want to play whatever the media told them to play for a week or so then jump onto the next AAA title.

Retards, the only thing that will increase for this is piracy, not their bottom lines

Okay that was an insightful comment.

How would anybody be able to pirate this, if no one ever has access to the actual game software?

Pachinko and mobile will be the only platforms the jew cares about.

You wouldn't mind a tax for breathing would you?

Anyone who's paying attention could see that consoles are on the way out. They don't really have a niche anymore. Enthusiasts are moving to PC, and casuals are moving to mobile. All that's left is the middleground who buy consoles to play blockbuster games like COD or GTA, and they'll be gone as soon as someone can offer them a properly functioning "Netflix for games".

He's such a faggot he involuntarily spits out balls when he talks. 10/10 depiction of PC fag

When you play the game in your computer the data is there at one point regardles of wether you had to stream it or not, even if you never get all the complete set of game data in one go when you start streaming the game it wont be long before some tech savy hacker figures a way to record all the data that passes through your computer when you stream the game.

If it can be done to video streaming it sure as fuck can be done on Vydia streaming and opnce the DRM free pirate alternative exist, people will be avandoning the streaming services in droves and kikes will have to figure another way to milk shekels from consumers.

I predict that these kind of services will get a ton of subscriptions at the start then gradually loose them to priates over time

Streaming games is worst than mobile games.

While there isn't anything inherently wrong with mobile games, the market is shit because the market leaders decided that the standard market price for their game should be zero. Also, there is a lack of titles with good quality control.

That's not what they mean with streaming.
It would be like OnLive where the game is run on a remote server and only the video and audio is streamed to you.

I hope GOG will someday kill consoles and steam jewry tbh. They just need some multiplayer exclusive hits that are impossible to be pirated.

Literal kikes

I know jack shit about programing and computers, but i remeber what has happened every time some corporate suit made claims like:
They said that about DVDs, they said that about BLUE RAYs, they said that about DRM and now they are saying it about streming…
If the data is being run at a remote server, then that just means that whoever tryes to pirate it will have to be skilled enough to send a trollan and remain undetected
Even gigantic mega corps like Sony could not prevents their mails and customers creddit card info from leaking, and those where top secret shit. so what could possibly make you think they'll be able to safeward data meant to be streamed everywhere

cloud-stored software

Poland is the whitest country in europe.

Youre saying it needs DRM. Nice try

Kikes

This is why you make sure to download all the exe files and store them somewhere
If you haven't bought shit from gog at least it's piss easy to torrent their games

You retard they don't take your games away, that's only the account you buy shit from.

Again, no game data would ever touch the network. Even those pesky hackers couldn't get. It's one thing to get access to a database or a mail server, but it's a completely different matter when it comes to obtaining the software that is run on a server. Have you ever seen the source code of facebook, for example?

Only the MP games.

You're still keeping your games though, unlike Steam.

gog is just as cancerous as steam you delusional faggots

Why even care about DRM if you don't store your games locally, what the fuck is wrong with you

Why buying from GoG (with that "lulz we can ban your account anytime without notice" into consideration) if i can just easily pirate their stuff instead?

Gee why buy games at all if you can get free shit

Its the same deal with Steam you fucking cuck.
If you dont backup your files you're fucked either way if they block you access to their servers.

Only difference is that GOG officially gives you the installer.
But they also make huge shill campaigns for single release games that are old with dead devs in which your money goes to them and the publisher that killed said devs.
Use fan fixes
Barely have any games
And stop games from being released to their platform, japanese ones for example.

Both platforms are shit in their own way, if you shill for either you're a fucking idiot.

Platform wars are cancer no matter how what.

I didn't even say GoG is good. All I said was you don't lose your games if you have them downloaded you nigger

Why waste bandwith and processing power on vidya games when you can just mine bitcoin?

The same happens with Steam goy.
Crack the games and you can play them forever even if you dont want to back them up via installer.

Theres no excuse for being a fucking idiot.

DRM platforms are essentially the police of the town that prevent it from being overrun by niggers that want free shit which makes investors more willing to give money to videogame developers to make videogames.

Dedicated Games & Games hardware companies make better games, on average see nintendo and Xbox before it was merged with the same corporate branch as windows.

Oh, and boycotts in niche industries are a tool for subversion and if you buy into them you are a retard.

You dumb faggot
You LEGALLY keep you games with GoG. I don't give a fuck that you don't care about the law, but some people might

Teach me, senpai

Can confirm. My just cause 2 copy had just the code in it and i bought that way back in 2011.

Why buy games indeed

If they had as many indie titties as steam they wouldn't. Also, GOG is literally Great OLD Games.

Better than nothing. Just don't buy them if they're still too buggy to be played.

Gee, I wonder why.

There are jap games on GOG?

Cracked steam games run like shit.

Surprisingly that's not allowed in most eluas
Also every agreement ever has that termination clause. Do you perchance use windows?

Cracking is legal stupid. Sharing copies isn't. Always has been. No wonder you're too stupid to use steam.

Ever heard of DMCA?
Circumventing DRM is illegal

DMCA only covers sharing of copyrighted materials stupid.

I don't know why everyone shits on GOG tehy are the best torrent to pirate, most of the time i don't even have to crack their games…

Now if you were retarded enough to not use Torrent… that's a different story

Worldwide, many laws have been created which criminalize the circumvention of DRM, communication about such circumvention, and the creation and distribution of tools used for such circumvention. Such laws are part of the Copyright Directive,[11] the Digital Millennium Copyright Act,[12] and DADVSI.[13]
Fuck off you dumb shit
Either way this is way off the point I was making in the first place

No, infact GOG has no games at all

EULAs never stopped anyone, they are designed to protect a company if anyone ever decides to sue and even its not 100% bulletproof.
Yurop and Ausland cases agaisnt Volvo have been successfull.

Learn your shit
gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-10-09-digital-rights-are-exhausting-is-it-legal-to-sell-second-hand-digital-games

I know, the average person who buys games doesn't
Either way this was never meant to be this discussion all I was saying was GoG doesn't take away games you have downloaded

Nah, I just want to support GOG a bit so they can take over Steam's popularity. I just hate Steam so much, and GOG is pretty comfy to use.

Most Steam games are cracked day one or even at pre release like Dragons Dogma.
With some exceptions Steam cracks are universal and only make you replace one file.

Seriousy get the fuck out of the GOGforums once in a while.
Both Steam and GOGforums are the Sony NeoGaf of their platforms.

Hugboax user confirmed

yeah let's crush steam and throw all the money towards website that sells you glorified abanonware, what could possibly go wrong

>WHO THE FUCK IS EVER GONNA WANT TO SIT DOWN TO BROWSE THE INTERNET OR PLAY GAMES THAT'S STUPID YOU DUMB GOY

They sell remastered abadonware though. There are websites out there that lets you download abandonwares for free if you want.

Well, that's a random name to have pop up in this article…

I'm glad I won't have to pay attention to console shit anymore.

and by remastered you mean precracked games bundled with badly configured dosbox or included brand new transgender characters?

no thanks, i'll just download from site like abandonia- oh wait, they now redirect to GOG if they have it for sale

GOG forums, nah i just type the name of the game i'm looking for on google followed by the word Torrent and usually the torrents that have the word GOG atached to them are the fastest and safest to download, and give me absolutelly no trouble with instalation, i don't even need to copypaste the crack, just instal and play

Funny thing is that now PC gaming is owned by one parasitic company called Valve.

You'll stream the most popular games from a small server that's hosted at your local ISP, that way you get the least amount of latency. This is the way that Netflix works now, they put a server at your local ISP with the most popular movies and tv shows on it, it cuts down on bandwith costs.

I see no reason this won't work for video games.

You're just spouting memes and don't really believe that, right?

So I take it you've never actually used a Netflix account?

What, i downloaded AITD 2 with no trouble.

hue

Go for a mild build instead and dont look back.
More and more actual good (older) games are now running on graphic chipsets too

Excluding those who pirate? No.

I fucking hate what PC gaming has become.

I want them nice grafix AND dank framerates though fam.

I have a netflix subscription, read em and weep

computerworld.com/article/2489741/networking/how-netflix-streams-movies-to-your-tv.html

The company operates its own content delivery network (CDN), a global network of storage servers that cache content close to where it will be viewed. That local caching reduces bandwidth costs and makes it easier to scale the service over a wide area.

But Valve doesn't even make games anymore. How can they own PC gaming when they don't own any developers?

Netflix is also far from perfect, and there's no fucking way I'm going to be stupid enough to try and stream games on anything less than a perfect connection. My internet is already bad enough.

wew lad

I hear dinosaurs never died, they just evolved out of being called dinosaurs as they became the same but less awesome.

it works when you just stream static movies, dynamic graphics like games not so much.

you'll have to pretty much invest in the whole hardware for the user to play games and there's no guarantee you will have enough users interested in it.
and say hello to 100ms lag in single player games. or people trying to play multiplayer games and failing because the game shows ping relative to data center

At least I have a chicken

Just dont fall for the multiplatform console port only garbage like the "Master Race" does.
Find the newer good exclusive games, play the old ones and mod them to hell and back.

Nah

My GTX460 lasted me 6 years

We didn't need them anyways

That was maybe the case years ago, but with the current state of the vidya industry, this is no longer how it works for today's builds.

Your GTX460 will indeed even last longer, while newest graphic cards are only worth in the 100-150 bucks range (like the R7 370 I own).

Nope, its dead due to an electricity short and subsequent power supply malfunction in March.

Im forced to buy one, Im still waiting to see if these new ones sill be worth it.
Pascal seems ok but overpriced as shit, and Nvidia is pretty jewish.
Im waiting to see hoe Polaris turns out, hopefully its something decent.

I want to play more recent stuff with better settings.

Nope

PC multiplats were always utter shit console ports with garbage controls because lol gamepad and dogshit graphics because lol console hardware limitations. If anything, multiplats ruined PC gaming.

do you honestly think EA is gonna go "well lets give up making console games and make games for the thing that's harder work and thinner profit lines" and not "LETS MAKE MOBILE FREEMIUM GAMES AND GET RICH"

The PC isn't going anywhere because unlike consoles it has been a profitable market every year for over 3 decades.
The free market has lots of problems but the upside is profitable markets don't disappear.

Gaming is really dead now

Probably not but Nintendo didn't forget about eReader cards and Made amiibos.
Look at people still playing Blizzard games; look at people praising Bethesda after paid mods; look at people still giving Mass Effect 4 a chance.

It's a new generation of people who will eat shit hard so it's new to them and they'll probably love it

Fuck streaming.

Hey, I still like the RTS Warcraft games.
They couldn't take them away from me even if they tried.

Although I heard that they were making WC4.

But that isn't the skeletons

I have seen in emergency care once some elementary school kid that had its triceps pretty much torn off after ramming into doorknob while running in school corridors.

Your games are mine now, fuckboys.

10/10

I don't buy that Valve is the entirety of the PC gaming scene but they're certainly an absolutely immense part of it and the majority shareholder by simple virtue of being the distribution platform for it.

PC GAMING MASTER FUCKING RACE

wew lad

How cute.

Ranked worst company in America twice.

Yeah, its the popularity of multiplats between PC and console that killed gaming. And PC got held back far more than consoles by this. The fps genre has been trash since at least 2004 although the trends that started its downward spiral started sooner.

The game most responsible for this decline in quality is Halo. Fuck that game. Consolized multiplat trash which dosen't even have a proper PC port.

The RTS genre pretty much died because they were a niche compared to other genres of games that could play actually play acceptably well across all platforms.

Third person shooters also pretty much died because of multiplat bullshit.

I really just want console shooters to have lock on like metroid prime did and stay on fucking consoles while all shooters on PC have mouse look and stay on fucking PC.

Mulitplating fps and rts games is the vidya equivalent of racemixing with niggers.

Fuck you, they planned on implementing DRM too.

They are not saints, in fact over the years they've proven themselves to be almost as bad as microcuck.

Only difference is that they have less destructive power since they don't own windows. They are greedy sociopathic jews just like microsoft.

because it will be profitable

welcome to tyranny of majority

When I read that first line of code I instantly knew it would be about this. Basically consoles are going to turn into boxes that connect to a server somewhere that has the actual game on it, and you just send it inputs while it sends you the display.

It's to combat piracy.

Then when the server goes down that game will basically be lost forever.

At least its getting better in some fronts.

Jesus fucking christ.

Yeah, they may be a really niche thing but arena shooters are making a bit of a return and now that its been over 2 years and all the gaystation 4 has is 2 worthwhile games there is some hope that normalfags will realize how shitty consoles are in today's day and age.

Especially with playstation 4.5 or whatever the fuck it is being announced.

They are so incapable of keeping up with PC that console generations are getting smaller now and I doubt people will want to put up with Nintendo NX or that 4.5 bullshit.

If consoles actually decline in popularity to the point where developers aren't constantly pandering to them anymore it will good for gaming unless of course shitty phones just take the place of consoles and an even worse shitstorm ensues as games are dumbed down for shitty touch screens that people can't use with any reasonable degree of accuracy.

Just like with OnLive, if anybody actually remembers that.

Googled OnLive

On April 2, 2015, it was announced that Sony Computer Entertainment had acquired OnLive's patents, and that all OnLive services would be discontinued on April 30, 2015.

PC has always had games that LOOKED better than consoles going on at the time, that doesn't mean they were any good.
Consoles aren't the problem, it's faggots who think Grafxs is more important over Gameplay or content. They're going to come for PC too after consoles are done.

I've heard this brought up a couple times now, but nobody ever posts sauce on how to do it. You can't just talk Steam up like that an expect me to agree with you if you don't share how you do it.
I haven't seen a crack for a game in a while, either, just pre-cracked games in their entirety.

OR

Fucking garbage nonsense, Shuhei Yoshida even said in an interview in February of 2013 that the PS4 would not have DRM. The fact is that Microsoft got their asses caught as being the greedy evil bastards they are, stop deflecting and pretending that Sony has that evil mark too because they didn't flip flop on DRM like Microfaggots did. Again nice try.

Uh, no it doesn't, because PC is used for more than just gaming, and unlike consoles, selling PCs actually makes money instead of losing it.

You dont need to log into Steam to play your console ganes user

Google is your friend

Incorrect, pre builts are getting fucked hard.
Hardware sales however are hitting it big.

I'm not sure how that makes me incorrect.

Consoles really did lose their main appeal around the early 2000's when computers became affordable and easy to use and handhelds started getting decently powerful. That's probably why the sixth generation was the last good console cycle.

Certainly not with CPUs or AMD video cards.

megagames.com/game-content/fixes/all/all
gamecopyworld.eu/games/gcw.php

ya i see it happening i mean nintendo and xbox are pretty much out of the console race. where ps4 will be last console then its gonna be pc and phones forever

The trick is that MIPS & RISCV development is already alive and well in Android phones, which have a completely different set of problems. If you take the CPU out and away from the always-on microphone and the botnet OS known as Android, it's fair enough to use.

The catch is, nobody has a solution to FOSS graphics drivers besides Nvidia (which is completely untrustworthy) and Intel (the first one who made microcode mandatory for CPUs), which limits the FOSS movement. However, the possibility of a fully-free architecture is near our grasp.
fsf.org/campaigns/priority-projects/reverse-engineering
Either we manually crack the secrets to current video decoders in CPUs, or we finish these FOSS projects for Mali, Radeon, and Nvidia. Only then, in the worst case scenario, can games be free of censorship on a hardware level via DRM.

Consoles have been doomed for awhile with cheap gaymen PCs outperforming them for several years at this point.

I suspect Nintendo will be the sole survivor as they actually have exclusives and are consistently profitable.

What makes you think the company closest to financial collapse will be the survivor?

Increasingly these games are just the pop music of the medium. Just another thing to tune out from. As the average age of people on imageboards approaches 30+ we'll be skilled enough to easily make our own games that serve our needs. I think we're at around 25 right now?

Skills come with practice not age, you don't automatically get better at something because you got older.
I have just started learning how to script for ARMA at the age of 33, with practice I might produce something worthy of public release eventually

Calender time does count in the maturation of skills. You can grind out but it's not the whole picture.

Sorry to say but thats been a thing since steam started existing

I'm 18, but I started at about 14 so I'm not really a good example.

Well you're already a freak because the weird thing that happened with imageboards is that a lot of people got on them during the early days and stayed on them and then barely anyone else ever showed up