Holla Forums and hero worship

How does Holla Forums feel about hero worship, or just veneration of men who you or your group deem great.

In my experience leftists are either sucking on their favorite philosopher or political leaders cock so hard that they are vomiting everywhere or they view any kind of respect or veneration for great men to be some kind of proto-fascist form of wrong think.

From my perspective its perfectly normal and healthy to look up to people like Alexander the Great as some kind of tragic hero or to look at Lenin like a honorable guiding influence on your life but obviously it can go way too far and become dogmatic and not helpful at all e.g Hitler sycophants.

can somebody worship me

Are you Stalin?

Maybe.

Sure why not.

Alexander the Great was a dick.

He was pretty handsome, though.

Look man if you were told your whole life that you were the literal son of a god by your mother and told that you are a weak worthless disappointment by your father until he is murdered in front of you you are bound to have serious issues.

Also he was bisexual master race.

shameless self bump

I have a lot of respect for many Communist leaders and writers. It's good to use them in a dogmatic way and it's good to have a figure of power for people to rally around.

Not suggesting a cult of personality but a healthy level of dogmatism around certain people who have contributed to the cause is good for people to model themselves off of and show what we are fighting for.

Not that big on worshipping figures but I certainly don't mind respecting them and I do have some paintings myself.

nojudgepls

Do anarchists not praise anarchist philosophers and leaders? Because I am 100% sure that they do.

No, it's called not-praise just like the state is called not-state. :^)

but he was a gay

I frankly don't see anarchists talk about their philosophers and leaders nearly as much as marxists do. come to think of it, leftcom's dont do it nearly as much either. You don't see giant propaganda pictures of Rosa Luxembourg or Kropotkin and what there is of them is not remotely as lavish as what's thrown onto Marx or Lenin and sometimes Stalin or Mao.

That's because those were major historic figures whereas Kroptkin and Rosa are only known to leftist.

I honestly think a certain amount of veneration is warranted and just natural. If you care about the issue and your politics the leading lights of it are at the very least going to influence your thinking and you'll recognize that.
I don't like people worshipping them like Maoists and Stalinists though.

I believe in self worship.

No.

No leaders, no Kings, no Gods
I only worship myself and myself only.

Also read fucking a book.

Cults of personality are good if they represent our interests.

"The difference between a soldier who commands and a revolutionary who leads lay in the fact that the former asserts himself by force while the later has no authority other than that deriving from his conduct." - Papa Makhno

Bisexual.

Well, actually closer to "pansexual"