Anyone in the mood for a Yugioh thread? What games do you like?

Anyone in the mood for a Yugioh thread? What games do you like?

World Championship 2008 can be a real bitch at times, but it has plenty of challenge and colorfully themed decks to fight. Also, the music is surprisingly very enjoyable as catchy.

Favorite non boss monster.

Other urls found in this thread:

ygorganization.com/ocg-05092016-ocg-japan-and-china-decklists/
yugiohtopdecks.com/?filter=Last 3 Months
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Reflecting_upon_the_Destruction_Sword
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A shame the DS games have such shit card availability till post game, they're otherwise pretty good.

New 3DS game looks nice, too bad there doesn't appear to be an option to play as a cute girl.

god damn it curran you cunt

General card game thread?
SvC Card Fighter 3DS game NEVER EVER

I found it kind of annoying as well, but at least it didn't meant you could just curbstomp everything with 1900 ATK and backrow destruction. It made me think long and hard how I wanted to make a new deck for a different playstyle or edit a preexisting one.

Also, about time there was a proper 3DS game after an atrocity like Duel Carnival.

If there's one thing I hate, it's having to beat everyone 5 times. Some decks are fun, others make me rage just trying to beat once.

That shit was annoying.

I felt it was the opposite. Pretty much all the staples are in the packs unlocked at the start, but if you want support cards for pretty much any archetype you're fucked.

I wanted to use an underdog deck like Neos for a good amount of the game, but for some reason as admittedly shit the archetype is I had to beat no less than 40 opponents 5 times in Free Duel just to unlock the pack with Flare Scarab, Dark Panther, Air Hummingbird and Grand Mole. This meant only until the very last world before the credits I could even unlock enough to beat in the first place. And even then the cards I needed like Neos himself and the Fusions weren't even in the same fucking packs.

u fuckin wot m8

I got sick of yugioh a while ago. The meta is out of fucking control. If you can't get at least three monsters on the field with two buffs each your deck aint worth shit. Not to mention that nobody on YGPro likes to settle for mid tier decks to play for fun but instead build the most overpowered decks they could find on the yugioh wiki and fuck up anybody who is trying to have fun with a niche deck.

Not to mention the horrible stealth segments and mario kart shit tacked on.

I play YGOPro sometimes, I like BEWD and Lightsworn which happen to be the only decks I have for real, on the other hand I am pretty convinced the AI matches crash the app most of the time because the AI is trying to cheat, I know it can't be that complex in YGOPro, but it coincidentally crashes when I make a comeback or get a good combo setup.

How bad was Duel Carnival?

Friendly reminder Kaiba is a legit faggot who would advance society by creating a virtual reality that connects to the afterlife only to use it to duel Atem.

all the cards unlocked from the start, and basically no story mode, and no local OR online multiplayer. so it's worse than just outdated YGOpro.

That's a serious level of saltyness.

Which yugioh game do you recommend getting? I have that ygodevpro thing but for some reason I'm just not feeling it.

He actually almost dies from a heart attack the first time he tries in the tie in manga.

Almost everyone recommends Tag Force. Lots of cards, good music and waifus if you're into that. I'm personally not, but I don't self insert anyways.

Also, for some reason people really dickride Nightmare Troubadour.

I may have actually lost a tiny bit of respect for Kaiba.

His obsession with being a better card game player than him has officially reached the most ridiculous level.

I SUMMON THEE

Do you actually enjoy playing competitively and dont suck at the game? Play YGOPRo. Do you suck at the game and just enjoy yugioh for the fun of it? play tag force. If you're a nostalgiafag Ultimate Masters 2006 is probably the best old yugioh game. If you hate yourself you could play forbidden memories too.

I liked World Championship 2008, until I got to the last real section.
At least it was fun playing tag duels with my Gravekeeper bro.

I haven't played it, but Nightmare Troubadour is a pretty sick name

I play Spirit Caller whenever I need to relax. I won a copy of WC 2010 on eBay a couple weeks ago, having a blast replaying that (loved it when it came out.)

Which Yugioh games are the best? Which should I play if I never played Yugioh before?

If you want a YGO+Strategy then pic related.

I had none for him the moment he said "I won because I am a better player" when he literally threatened to kill himself on Duelist Kingdom, I know the original version had something else but I wonder how different that line can be.

Do you own a GBA? There's plenty of games with a good amount of simple cards and challenge later on.

I'd recommend Seven Trials to Glory. It has a lot of good stuff reasonably scattered through packs and probably has the most cards out of the original series GBA wise since it was Battle City era, so things are more focused on standard attacking and defending rather than Special Summoning or archetypes and specific support like later generations.

There's also a small, but good selection of DS games. I wouldn't recommend later games in the World Championship series unless you're good at the game because they do shit that catches even me off guard and I grew up with it and mastered Synchros. If you've got a PSP, just go with a Tag Force game if you can find one.

Best yugioh game coming through.

From what I've heard about this shit I pity whoever had to play this out of the legendary library PlayStation had.

This shit was awesome back in the day, maybe if you weren't a newfag who needs to repeat what others say you'd understand that.

Which one was it?

I'm no newfag. It doesn't look fun at all and there's so many better games you could play at that time that even look better with their polygons. If you were going to play Yugioh, you might as well play it on a handheld, not a system with 3D games.

Of course people will call me out just because I keep using Lightsworn, you know, apparently I can't have fun with a low tier deck.

The app crashes sometimes out of nowhere for me. Wish Percy would at least add music to mobile.

Those people can eat shit. Play what you want man. I'm currently using battlin' boxers and it's a ton of fun.

This variant of Lightsworn is a blast when I get to summon the timelords.

So far I think nobody seems to top Maiden, as for the fusions and synchros, they are OK.

I'm more surprised by Red-Eyes getting all the support he did out of absolutely nowhere.

You knew DM and BEWD were going to get some kind of boost to cash in on nostalgia and because of who they represented, but Joey was always more of a fan favorite rather than an icon and didn't always center around him. Hell, he couldn't even use him against Marik because he no longer owned the card, but that didn't stop him from losing to the main antagonist literally only a second way from defeat by a technicality.

The set after this, Dark Illusion, has a lot of Dark Magician support.

This games make you feel like you're playing a duel from the original series except you don't have the magic power of asspull draws, also nothing like exploiting the shit out of the AI to make it go suicidal on your 5000+ DEF mystical elf.

Joey was more of a gamble gimmick than Red-Eyes user sadly, of course, it may be cuz he was not the original owner of the card.

i used to play eternal duelist soul for the gba on the shitter for about 4 years

new age yugioh is gahbage in my opinion

Fusions are more viable now, still they keep making broken cards and ultimately restricting or banning the good support cards like Future Fusion and the like.

fusions cannot be more viable than using Cyberstein and sacrificing 5000lp to summon blue eyes ultimate dragon on your first turn

i have never know how fusion works

You're talking about the current state of the game, right? Arc-V is the shit and Synchros weren't broken.

Xyz is the point things got out of control not because of the mechanic, but the massive power creep that followed.

That's not even a big deal. Even before GX you could just as easily slap on a Megamorph and mow him down. Or use Penguin Soldier and leave them defenseless.

i found a guys deck on the way home from work last night and there are a bunch of 'pendulum' wizards and shitty dinomist trap cards

i have no idea what the deal is but honestly i only ever liked blasting people with the classic cards anyway, was a perfect shitting game and it never needed to be more complicated than summoning that fish with 1800 attack and jacking it up with spell cards

fuck man eater bug

but when he in the graveyard he can come out of the graveyard just as easy

hell i used to spam soul release when all my good ones died and wait for return from different dimension

shit was sick

Silent Honors ARK should have been Rank 5 or higher.

Fiber Jar + Soul Release

Then just play older or the GX era games. They're not complicated at all and most make Fusions better. 5Ds at most. All Synchros did was make weaker kinds of monsters pull their weight and they're really fun to make decks around with only a few from that era actually being broken.

It wasn't until Xyz things became so focused around Special Summonng and blowing things up with effects or searching.

Maybe at the start, when Synchros were introduced they weren't that bad, but by the start of xyz, you had shit like star eater running around.

The only thing that makes lightsworns low tier now, is the fact that elemental dragons got smashed by the ban hammer. You can't argue that a deck that can spit out 3 field wipes in a single turn, and can ohko you turn 1 with surprising consistency, is low tier.

Oh, gods, fuck Number 101. That Heraldic AI has made me rage harder than at any other one thing in my life just because of the ludicrous amount of bad luck I've had just testing out decks or trying to crush them out of revenge in blind fury.

I never used rulers in my lightsworn, it was always the angel cannon version.

because the summon of blue eyes toon dragon and some other toons aren't considered to be tribute summons, you can use tokens for the summon

duel academy was also played on the shitter

it was okay

I love how Dragon Rulers had to be completely fucking banned just to finally put them down.

No matter how hard they got nerfed they refused to stop raping the game and striking terror into the hearts of less skilled players.

if they were to return the dragon rulers to 1 each, then there's no doubt in my mind that they would be tiered, especially given that there's now new blue-eyes support, and one of the old builds for dragon rulers used blue eyes.

I wonder how much longer REDMD can hold on?

Dragon Rulers were a huge mistake in the first place. I was surprised they weren't banned on arrival. Even more so after how many decks with dragon rulers were smashing through locals and low-nationals

they won't get off the ban list anytime soon. If they do, it would be purely to sell another reprint of them.

In other news, did anyone else notice how Thousand Eyes Restrict made it off the forbidden list?

No, that's kind of neat, I guess. Maybe in the future more can follow without being errata'd to complete shit like Sinister Serpent.

hence my "if". just look at how long it took bestiari and dragon ravine to get off the list, konami likes to keep stuff on the list until well after it's relevant.

thousand-eyes coming back is cool though. between that and preprep of rites, piper chaos got a nice boost, so i'm pretty happy with that for fucking around.

I got Stairway to the Destined Duel for GBA when it first came out, and I was so bad at it that I could only beat Mokuba, the easiest NPC. I just played against him over and over, and even then I would still lose some.

I liked the DS games, but fuck me I just want tag force to go on forever. I easily had two in game years for tag force 5

Special was horrible though, even though it had so many characters and zones to go to, it lost alot of the appeal with no voice acting, 3d models, or exploring even if it was just a straight line in some games

I hope the 3DS one is good, cause fuck me I need another fix

Best fusion by the by

By lore is this the first ever Dragon monster? That would be really cool.

I love Yugioh's lore. Between Duel Terminal being worse to live in than fucking Berserk and the little stories cards might tell it's great how they take show, don't tell to its full potential.

Dude what the fuck is with that lightsworn deck, my fucking eyes.

You are my fucking nigga

First of the dragon's actually has a tad different japanese name, First of the dragons, Wyrm

It kinda implies that wryms are essentially the dragons of old, before they were dragons, so cards like Unmasked Dragon can take a tad bit of a different form when you think about it like that

close, but not quite

yugioh does have some DEEPEST LORE. pic 2 and 3 are my personal favourites, partially because i love ojamas.

Mate you best have a back up plan

Also rip green, he didn't make it

cattle call + the earth - hex sealed fusion, it's pretty easy to do in raccoons.

Holy fuck that's rad actually, I wish I was better at using fusion cards

i just wish fusion cards in general were better. shaddolls were the first proper fusion deck that could actually compete in a very long time, and without el shaddoll construct, they're not worth playing any more. at least the anime is giving us fun stuff to fuck around with like fluffals and lunalights.

It mainly comes from the factor of polymerization being so shit

Any worth while fusion deck needs it's own fusion card to be anywhere near competitive, and most of the time we just get a miracle fusion under a different name.

With shaddolls you got a fusion that was so fast, and fusion material with so much power behind them. Not to mention the fusion cards being really good

I wish we had some better fusion cards, nothing good and generic ya know?

Lunalights are fun though

Cyber Twin Dragon with Power Bond can still kill and those are both GX era cards.

Damn it, I will not fap to Serena.

What's wrong with Serena?

With a clear field,cyber dragons can be used more cost effectively though, I need that cost effective nature

(checked)
the problem isn't just power, it's consistency. you need to have 2 of your cyber dragons (not too hard, with how many cards can treat themselves as "cyber dragon"), and power bond, which is unsearchable and one-use only. plus, it's a fairly large commitment; while most synchro summons or xyz summons only need 2 cards, fusion needs both the materials AND a specific spell.

cyber dragons are FUN though, and you will get the occasional sneaky otk with that kind of play.

Nothing, I just experience some kind of internal resistance while finding her attitude and voice sexy as fuck.

Give into best girl then
You know you want to user

You can't tempt me. She's not even lewd.

True True, and I'm not the type to save lewds

So I'll just throw some Serena at you and call it a night

Pssshh, everybody knows Rin is the cutest.

That was close.

Shut up yugo

I've got more
But I'll spare you and this thread

In an effort to reverse what I've done, post a deck you've built or something

I'm building decks for fun that I use against my buddy, ojamas funny enough

Hey, man, Rin kinda reminds me of Nia from TTGL, so of course she'd be the cutest.

I've got a weird Frankenstein's Monster of a deck that's part Atlantean and part anything else that's level 3. It's most likely absolute shit, but since I'm not much of a competitive player, I wouldn't know.

Goddamn it, something is going crazy. My body feels like its going into some kind of protest.

here's some dumb decks

the first is a build i stole wholesale from pojo for fun. while each part of the deck is fun, i don't think they mesh together very well. as is often the problem with decks that combine multiple themes, you end up with too much of one and not enough of the other no matter what. a lot of decks do shit themselves at double lord of the red + artifact scythe, though.

the second and third decks were both challenges by friends. plant princesses aren't really much good, since their effects are kind of meh for their costs and the effort to summon them most of the time. unexpected dai and angel trumpeter helps give the deck a bit more kick, allowing for rank 4 xyz as well as various synchro plays, notably naturia beast. and black rose dragon is still a blowout against most decks.

toons should be familiar to everyone, but they're getting new support. toon dark magician is a beast for flooding the field, especially in conjunction with toon red eyes. plus, a lot of the new dark magician support works on any dark spellcaster, which means it works on toon dark magician. i haven't even changed this deck since before dark magic veil was revealed heh, so that probably deserves a few spots in the deck. i'll have to test it out though.

I remember when Merlantean as I called it used to be the #1 deck I absolutely dreaded going up against the most.

Of course, they can probably still kick my ass.

merlantean are still solid tier 2-3, though the instant fusion limit hurts.

post the list faggot

When it comes to level 3, there maybe a better engine to shit them out, atlanteans work too I suppose, but you are mixing some levels

I like pic related

Give in

I legit haven't tested this out, but I like fusion way too much and I already know the numbers in the extra deck are way wrong, but what do you think?

Toon dark magician looks way fun, and I'm glad there is so much new dark spellcaster support, Dark magi needed it I guess
Not that it makes him good

I had a friend, who would refuse to play anything else, and I often play shit decks against her, but whenever I played anything halfway competitive she'd flip a tit and pout like fucking child

I hate that deck now with a rage

she sounds like a cunt m8

as for your deck:
i'd say do this
you won't summon them all.
much better rank 2 stuff exists.
chances are, you're going to use your rank 2 more often than your fusion

other cards to consider for your maindeck:

go nuts, user.

Biggest cunt this side of the US

Danka, I appreciate the advice immensely
Gonna keep on with the fusion focus though, I just like the idea too much

Webm making is hard

Like I said; I'm not much of a competitive player, so I don't really have a list. I've mainly been playing Tag Force Special lately. I guess I'm a fucking casual

Why would you ever want the 4th opening? It's the worst one.

I have the third in the works too, but I liked the fourth the most thus far

Are you talking about the latest opening? That's the fifth one. The fourth one is Trump Card, you know, the one that played during the later half of the Synchro Arc.

(checked)
The openings go like this:
1: Believe x Believe
2: Burn!
3: UNLEASH
4: Trump Card
5: LIGHT OF HOPE

What? Literally not the 3rd.

Care to elaborate?

I wish Sawatari wasn't wasted and reduced to only winning off-screen, he also had a solid deck on the championship and they gave him a totally different one for the Lancer's arc.

Last I checked all they had to do was pop everything with Alanteans and OTK with double Abyssmegalo.

This is a pet deck that I've been using on and off before the banlist. Now I really don't know what to substitute the 2 missing upstart goblins for, any advice would help.
I know it looks a bit weird, but it works.

>doesn't look fun
You don't deserve those trips, newfag

I've played plenty of Yugioh games as well as PS1, faggot. What I see is an overall ugly looking console version of a game better suited for handhelds with even less appealing Normal Monsters everywhere made relevant entirely by different rules.

Well clearly you have shit taste because Forbidden Memories is fucking great.

How long before Tri-Horned Dragon gets some love?

I used him on my BEWD deck, but then I began using Darkstorm Dragon

Capsule Monsters is great and anyone who says otherwise is a communist

Has anyone been running U.As as of recent? They were a TCG exclusive deck, like Burning Abyss, except unlike BA, I never saw them actually play. I know that they can ohko with the equip card, and switch out like gladiator beasts.

Here's my humble attempt at a ZW build.

Don't pull any punches. Apologies for the shitty knockoff tablet screenshot.

What's the card with that cute as fuck Cerburrel?

Did anyone kind of like The Falsebound Kingdom?

It seems enjoyable, but really barebones as an RPG.

you asked for it faggot, because this is the worst fucking deck i've seen this side of 2006.

why so many cards at 1 or two copies? you generally run 3 copies of your best cards to see them sooner, with exceptions for cards you can search. why trash like gagaga magician that does basically nothing? why blue brawler? being immune to battle destruction isn't worth shit, literally every single deck you'll ever be matched up against will get rid of that like it's nothing. why so few cards that can be special summoned? why are you using 2 gogogo golem, 1 giant and 1 ghost, when giant is the best one and golem is the worst? 3 giant, 1 golem AT MOST. where's your summoner monk? why not 3 goblindberg? why not star drawing? it can be level 4 or 5, and lets you draw a card, it suits your deck perfectly. why aren't you using 3 xyz change tactics, when you can easily draw 3 cards per turn from it? why are you running that single pot of duality, and in a deck that needs to summon a utopia monster, or does nothing? do you like being otk'd, user? zw is like molasses as is. hell, even if it was good, you'd be running 3 copies, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to run exactly 1 PoD in any deck, ever. why one day of peace? your biggest fucking strength is the ability to throw a 5k monster out of nothing, and you want to potentially block that damage? why magical mallet? it's a pointless minus, trying to compensate for your deck being shoddily made. why dark hole, when raigeki is legal? why mirror force, when storming, quaking, blazing and drowing mirror force all exist, all of them better? why trap stun, when there are so few traps being used nowadays? jesus christ, why waboku? why aren't you running 3 utopia the lightning, it's literally THE reason to play utopia, and the only one that's meta relevant. and you're using rank4.dek, when rank 4 is the best rank in the game, and you're doing NOTHING with it. where's your castel, your abyss dweller, your daigusto emeral for when you inevitably run out of monsters? why, why, why?

completely unsalvageable trash, delete deck and start over. have you ever played against another human being? go join your fellow faggots on leddit or 4/vg/, and steal somebody else's deck list, because you cannot deck build to save your life, you cockmongler.

I fully appreciate your input, user. You could say I'm really out of touch and rely too much on cards I'm used to using and Waboku is a glaring example of that when it was good maybe at the start of GX era.

Also, as for back when I ran 3 Xyz Change Tactics and focused more on ranking up I often bricked my hand with nothing to summon, which is why there's only 1 Kagetokage for starters. I got the idea for using the Frost Vassals just from watching one of the first episodes from Arc-V and often seeing at least 2 facedowns almost every game and they can still be Normal Summoned if neccesary.

Utopia or Leo Arms, obviously. He seems like an overall solid card for Xyz decks.

I've fallen into a bad habit of putting at least 1 monster that can't be destroyed by battle in every deck I make since first ever using a Marshmallon.

Average attacker and can tank at least one attack defending.

Yet another bad habit. And yes, it is me basically trying to hold everything together with duct tape when an inevitably shit hand pops up. You seem to have an eye for these little things.

And ANOTHER one.

Using this card always make me feel vulnerable and is often put in as an emergency since I know I won't be able to bring out anything big that turn.

I almost never throw away Spells.

I made this deck a few years ago and made some edits over time monster wise. At that time it was still banned and as for not updating that was just me forgetting to do so. That should also explain why I have absolutely no Assault Halberds.

Finally, most of the good cards are expensive as shit for someone like me, even Lightning and I'd like to make these decks some day. The obvious focus this deck was built in mind with is getting out Utopia and slapping on Tornado Bringer and Lightning Blade as fast as possible, which makes Level 4 and 5s the highest priority. The other forms are pretty much extra and I don't want to rely on my Spells or Traps too much unless I can't get things rolling. This explains the shitty pool of Xyzs in general. And I have often played people online with this deck once even getting a great hand to OTK, though that might be supposedly that YGOPRO is full of netdecking scrubs.

I'm just pleasantly surprised you didn't shit on the Photon Slashers or Eset.

If its not meta, its rarely expensive.

I wouldnt worry too much about Dark Hole and Raigeki. Mosy tops decks dont even main them, since everything floats nowadays anyways.

You can also summon it in monarchs consistently.

Zaborg, target itself (or an opponents level 2 or higher light monster) Send Barkion and Beast

Use miracle synchro fusion, banish Bark and Beast for Ext.

However

It's really only decent in tag duels.

Kinda late response but the Japanese names of Serpent Night Dragon and Seiyaryu are Evil Knight Dragon, and Holy Knight Dragon, respectively.

I don't care when someone replies to something. As long as I'm not busy napping or playing 3U/4U I'll be keeping an eye out for new posts.

Have Monarchs gotten hit yet? They got way too much of a buff with all of their new support.

They are still awful in the late game and need very specific set ups.

Well, every Mega Monarch player I've ever faced has gotten everything they need even in Tag Duels.

I fuckin love this game.

Played through it with every symbol (yes I am THAT autistic), had a blast each time. Baller OST too.

I loved this game.

pic related

What did they do to him?

i'm telling you this as someone who built pure gagagas: that card doesn't work here. use star drawing instead, since your only xyz monsters are 4 and 5. star drawing can treat itself as a level 4 or 5 monster, and also gives you a draw when you xyz summon with it, so it's flat out better.
sorry to say, it's not relevant any more. if you want a card to stall with, try using some of the traps i mentioned before.
if you're using your maindeck monsters to attack, you're doing something wrong. and trust me, sacrificing that maindeck power in order to have more consistent xyz summons is key, so replace one golem, and the zombie, with 2 more giants.
this card is a false friend if there ever was one: the idea of being able to add one of 3 cards to your hand seems like something that would stop bricking, but in actuality will CAUSE bricking, because you can't do things and use that card in the same turn. that means that, should you choose to do something more significant, PoD is essentially a blank card that turn.
higher priorities. eset isn't the best, but i got what you were going for and let it be. though photon slasher is actually half decent for your deck, used in a lot of decks like this one.

now in my last post i didn't recommend all that many card to add, mostly just cards to cut. i'm keeping your budget in mind with this.
mentioned above.
your best monsters are all light, and honest suits pretty much any light deck. you can discard honest during the battle step of any battle involving one of your light monsters to increase your monster's attack by their monster's attack, essentially making it a better waboku, because it can be used from hand. we call these monsters "hand trap" monsters, because you can use them from your hand during their turn.
slightly more expensive, but usable in virtually every deck, so it's an investment of sorts. discard this card, and every time your opponent special summons this turn, you draw 1 card. you'll usually be able to draw at least 1 card, meaning you don't lose any card advantage. however, if you play it when your opponent is about to spam their field, you leave your opponent in an awkward situation: they either have to end their turn prematurely, or let you draw a bunch of cards. meaning that maxx "c" is both a draw card and a staller all in one, perfectly filling the niche you've assigned to one day of peace.
or, if you can't afford it
your deck is fragile, and very weak to floodgate cards (cards that prevent players from performing certain actions). between cards like Domain of the True Monarchs, which prevents you from using the extra deck at all, or vanity's emptiness, which stops special summons entirely, or general trap cards like solemn strike or solemn warning, you need to be able to deal with a certain amount of backrow. that's what MST/TT are for. twin twister is generally considered better, but don't worry about that one too much if you can't afford it. higher priorities, and all that.
if you decide to keep gagaga magician instead of star drawing, this card might be worth a look. every time you xyz summon utopia monsters, it gains a counter, and you can remove 2 counters to summon a gagaga or gogogo monster from deck. it's a nice way to extend your plays, and might help to get out a utopia monster and a zw monster on the same turn. in this case, and pretty much only this case, gagaga magician is better than star drawing for your deck.
another "hand trap" monster, which is to say one you can discard during the opponent's turn. this card negates a face up monster's effect for the rest of that turn. i say it's low priority, because it belongs in your side deck (the row below the extra deck). in case you don't know, yugioh, like many card games, is typically played in best-of-3 games, called matches.

infernoids were heavily dependent on a card called Reasoning, which was limited to 1 copy because fuck you.

fuck, hit send too soon.
continuing from
it's nice against some decks like monarchs, but not relevant in every matchup, so don't put this in your main deck. it's just nice to have

The last Yu-Gi-Oh game that I played was Spirit Caller on the DS. Toon, and cyber dragon decks were the shit.

I think I still have all my real cards floating about somewhere too.

How good was Spirit Caller? Does it have more cards or at least better availability than WC 2008?

My favorite card is Pot of Greed

#FreemyniggaPot

at last.
Another scrub who plays toons.
How in the hell do you find a way to keep Kingdom alive.
Also, no black stone of legend?
Fishes red-Eyes straight from the deck and recycles it.

Is Red Nova Dragon even worth playing anymore? It's my favorite boss monster and I learned how to easily bring him out in one turn with an open field, but he just seems so outclassed by newer Xyzs and even Red Dragon Synchros.

I hate when people say this

when i built it, the focus was on dark magician, not on red-eyes. it's been a while, as i said, so there's work to be done.
you don't. i would never play toons in match format, because everyone will just side in extra backrow hate. running field barrier or something like that just makes you brick, but not running them makes the deck super fragile. until toons have searchable toon kingdom protection, there's little point playing them in even a semi-competitive setting.

I love how much that triggers competitive players.

I don't mean to come off as elitist or anything like that, but it's such a silly thing to say. I'm sure there are decks that really do have the advantage going second, though.

I didn't meant that either. It's amusing how that always makes people groan because they're not playing in DM or GX era anymore. I personally go second to test the waters of what I can safely do and not have to open with a durable monster or backrow.

Come on now, You can't give up board control because you're scared to lay down cards. Obviously you shouldn't play your whole hand, but the risk:reward ratio is in your favor.

Come on now, You can't give up board control because you're scared to lay down cards. Obviously you shouldn't play your whole hand, but the risk:reward ratio is in your favor.

I can't tell if I didn't click reply or if 8ch is absolute shit

Why no Ojama Blue? Just curious.

Of course not, but at the same time you have to make sure you don't set up something big only for it to get taken out with 2 Spells.

Also, your post didn't appear for literally hours even though it was marked only an hour later.

i'm guessing because blue is slow as fuck nowadays. between the huge amounts of decks that can kill you before you get to use your new cards, the decks that can destroy it without battle, and the decks that can negate its effect, blue is very high risk, since getting any advantage out of it is unlikely. literally any rank 4 deck in north america at least can make utopia the lightning, which stops blue's effect from activating.

In the original Kaiba is actually pretty chill compared to how the dub portrays him. So he might've been legit desperate to save Mokuba.

Patiently waiting hoping for more Red-Eyes support.

Bet it won't be long until either 1. A total ban. 2. Unlimited. 3. They make something literally better. Or a combination of 1 and 3.

Wish I was playing at that time to see what they were like.

I thought you could just use it from your hand to search?

learn to read nigga

look up a youtuber called lithium2300. he does "cross banlist" competitions, taking the best decks from the game as they were at the time. dragon rulers won the first one, and he's in the middle of running the second.
as someone who plays dumb rogue decks, dragon ruler formats were not fun. the mirror match was very skilled, though.

I fucking love Yugioh as a collector and deck builder, and would still play with any friends under house rules. But as far as playing officially, the game is dead. Konami is pants on head retarded with their banlist and power crept broken shit after broken shit every booster pack.

Absolute fucking cancer. He deserved a full fucking ban BEFORE dragon rulers even existed, and he's been fucking retarded shit as long as he is legal.
Fucking joke of a summon condition for the dragon deck he will be in, for a 2.8k beatstick.
Free monster reborn every single turn, no strings attached.

Ok I am making a slow as fuck ghostrick mill deck, with otk potential in pot of taboos and dark dust, with having all three ghostrick XYZ monsters. (Succubus, Alucard, Dullahan)

I have no problems keeping my monsters on board even without my combo, but I have problems searching my doll & stumbling (and don't recommend me Z-ONE and magical hats that shit is awful)

Is watch dog my only good option to search continuous magic? And what are some recommendations you can make besides that?

Also Helpoemer and Shifting Shadows are only in the deck for fun I replace them with generic staples if I want to win harder.

Why mill? Ghostrick are better at passive aggressively shutting down the field by setting all opponents monsters and poking them to ragedeath.

You can't deny he's a Dragon deck's guilty pleasure. He just needs a little errata.

He's a dragon decks sack bullshit card to topdeck and steal a game.
Fuck, I hope you didn't fall for konami's retarded bullshit precedent they are trying to set. Erratas are a terrible idea. If something is broken garbage, ban it, end of story.

Mill is 3x as infuriating especially when it is slow and all the cards that are milled are gone forever, and you can't look at them either.

Also the stumbling combo is really aggravating as nobody can interact with battles, and the animation makes it take forever.

Most people actually just quit when I get my combo off, because I have endless taboos and board wipes. Considering Amaterasu for lulz.

It's the same principle as usual Ghostrick, lock down, and poke, but in this case I'm poking the deck not life.

I can also just otk them by using Pot of taboos to return my lockdown stuff and xyz for the game if I can clear the board.

True. I guess I just like ghostricks standard operation more, it's a lot stronger generally and still funny as hell to sit behind set cards while you poke them to death.

I'm just sitting here hoping the Silent Swordsman support is gonna be good, and maybe get some Silent Magician support along with it.

I want more LV support and Earthbound Immortal support.

Toons got support, anything is possible

Also I want more Spirit support, Penguin support, and Hazy Flame support.

Why?
Infernoids were fun

Kozmo

I hate the overdone ones like Sinister Serpent, but how are erratas bad when they can nerf previously overpowered cards to make them fair and playable again? It'd be nice to see more oldschool make a return and help struggling new decks that can't quite compete once they're not broken as shit.

Even Neos? ;_;

Kozmos, those were cancerous too, right?

How about Fortune Lady?

Wasn't Legacy of the Duelist supposed to get an update this year?

See, this is another one of the reasons konami needs to be razed to the ground. Every time they make broken new cards to push, they always hit old cards that were never broken to begin with so they can avoid touching their new money making stuff.

If reasoning was never EVER broken before Kozmo (which is correct), and suddenly Kozmo is new and broken and happens to use reasoning, the problem here isn't reasoning, it's Kozmo. Konami makes me so fucking mad with how hard they have fucked this game and all of its potential to be so fun.

It's a physical game. When I have to keep looking up what the physical card in front of me does because what was printed on it no longer holds true, there is a problem. It's retarded and only good for a digital card game. If you want to help old decks, slaughter the broken cards with the banlist and print balanced new support for them. Konami will never learn from their mistakes though, they will keep power creeping the game until it creates a black hole.

Basically everything currently tournament playable is cancerous. Besides monarchs, I've heard they raise massive amounts of butthurt because they are anti-meta.

I've heard Konami while being faggots actually do their fucking jobs with OCG banlists while Konami of America are straight up Jews who tweak TCG entirely based on sales.

OCG was good for a bit but it's still nowhere near a balanced and fair game. It's better than TCG on average but still very much oriented towards making sure the newest and most broken decks are winning tournaments.

STOP IT user
3x quaking mirror force. it was basically made for ghostricks.

The problem is management. It might literally take some kind of pie in the sky business reform just to make this game not the broken mess everyone says it always has been.

user, that's not my deck. I don't know who the fuck is using Waboku in 2016 when I've basically traded it for Threatening Roar if I even use that.

So, who is your favorite archetype, Holla Forums?

I like the Gladiator Beasts and Infernoid

It's a problem that has become too big to stop due to momentum. The only sane and enjoyable way to play now is with house rules and people you know.

But we need to discuss more important things. What is the best archetype and why is it Spirits?

Glad Beasts are top tier taste.

Rate and hate
The deck is focused on keeping Yubel on the field as much as possible and getting it to its 3rd form as fast as possible.
Not incredibly efficient, loses quite a bit, but it's fun.
Any advice welcome.

I love Glad Beasts as well. I just hate how they quite metaphorically cucked Neos and his little buddies out of their own gimmick by doing it a thousand times better than they'll ever dream of.

it's not because it's you, user, it's because 21284d isn't reading the thread, and has made mistakes that I have already mentioned.

my nigga

i take back what i said earlier, THIS is the worst deck i've seen in years. before i can even begin to critique this, get it down to 40 cards, at the very most 42. If you want to get a certain monster out as quickly as possible, then you want to see it as soon as possible, which means you should run as few cards as possible. After all, 3/40 is much better odds than 3/60.

I take it as a challenge to see how many I can get out at once

I still can't believe Jaden's waifu is that. But it's awesome.

Contact fusion is one of the most enjoyable mechanics in the game. I do wish Neos decks could be as playable as Glads.

Archfiends are breddy gud ever since they got emperor and trick. It's interesting to play them against Scraps since both decks like to blow themselves up.

To be honest, I put very little thought into this deck
I essentially just ctrl+f'd for "select and destroy" and cards so special summon it

Masked heros because fuck the current meta and Majaspecters because it's the best control deck going.
Dinomists are pretty rad too

you missed out, user. last year, ritual beasts were a tier 2-3 deck focused entirely on contact fusions and tagging in and out of different monsters. however, their best fusion was limited to 1, which basically killed the deck.

I think Neo-Spacians just need a reliable search that isn't Cross Porter, a desperately needed Field Spell that doesn't just boost Neos and something to help them attack without fear of backrow.

Seen em, they took it and bastardized it with power creep.

and my god, does it show. this is a serious question: how new are you? because if this is the type of deck you're making, even if it was thrown together, then you need to netdeck more.

Is it possible to make a pure dragon deck now?
If not, suggest a fun archetype

I haven't checked because I'm afraid to, but are Toons stupid expensive because of the new support? I kind of want to order singles of all their cards to build a deck IRL for fun but EVERY time an old deck gets support, even though they still aren't played, you'll see $5-10+ prices on individual cards.

Yes, but it depends what exactly you want to put in it.

we just got some pretty great blue-eyes cards, so a dragon deck is not only possible, but semi-competitive.

they printed toon kingdom in a side set nobody wanted, in a high rarity, meaning it alone is pricey. sadly, that's a key card in the deck. for the same money, you can build a tier 1 deck, so why bother with toons?

Fuck the secondary market. Yugioh's needs serious chemo.

What about toon table of contents?

Because toons have something that broken t1 decks don't have. Fun.

Favourite new Archetype has to tbe the Shiranui.

However, I am also quite a fan of the Skull Servant/Wights

Been playing Yugioh way back when Duelist Kingom was airing for the first time, but I have never ever played competitively.
I kinda lost interest around the end of GX/start of whatever the next one was, but it's piqued my interest over the last couple of years.
I'm horrified to see what it's become in my absence.

I do emphasise that I really did just slap whatever cards I thought were "good enough" in here, though.

Red eyes toon basically makes to deck viable again, everything is shooting up in price.

Glads level playable? That's pretty much all I care about.

Alright. First of all, nowadays there is one really important rule if you are making a deck that isn't Monarchs or something along those lines.

ALWAYS FILL THE EXTRA DECK TO THE MAXIMUM

Probably not yet but toon dark magician might just push it over, it comes out next set since konami just like to drip feed support

Really? I never really lost interest, just refused to even accept Xyzs at first. I loved Synchros from the moment I first tried using them even if that was all the way at the end of that era.

Dragons in general, well, dragons that are fun to play.

I saw that, don't they need the maidens too?

I remember having fun with the SS

3-of, no question. it's any toon card you want it to be, and a deck thinner to boot. rule of thumb: if it searches for no cost, run it at 3.

i guessed as much. just a warning, yugioh powercreeps harder than any other game i've played, so staple cards from even a year or two ago can become worthless. here's some cards i recommend replacing;

here's some better cards:
take your pick. just keep in mind that destruction isn't as good as you think.
good sources of tribute fodder for yubel.
pretty much a must in every deck, imo. i explained it somewhere above.

beyond that, i can't say, i don't have much experience with the deck, and all my advice is theory based.

i personally wouldn't call it viable until we get toon dark magician, but it certainly makes it a lot more FUN.

i must be going blind, don't know how i missed that one.

oh, PURE dragons. my mistake. it's very unlikely pure dragons will ever be the optimal build, since there's no reason not to run other stuff too. i can't think of anything good that runs nothing but dragons, 100 percent.

I was asking about cost. I know it's already a 3 of.

Holy shit. My penis can only get so erect.

FUCK THE SECONDARY MARKET

That's just bullshit.

These people are worse than scalpers.

I will try to make a deck, once it is ready, I will post it so user can bully me.

That's the spirit.

The game was a piece of shit you moron. The grinding to get a competitive deck was literally insane, no mentally stable non-asian would ever put up with it.

okay

Didn't know sandstorm mirror force was a thing.

Also I don't know why the fuck I put in 1 pot of duality when upstart is an option.

So, I want to have a good card that searches continuous magic fast.

However I just draw a bunch anyways most of the time so it's not a big problem.

Ok, here is my final ghostrick mill deck made with the help I got from the thread. I think it looks sound. My extra deck is only for Kozmo & Monarchs because I don't know what other decks tourneyfags are playing.

You mean the disgusting faggots who buy as many copies as possible just to have a monopoly?

Hey guys I have two decks to that I would like you to judge. One is all about getting synchros out and the second is about lockdown.

checked
Not him but, yes.

Not really pro here, but you might want to put Vanity in the Artifact deck since you send cards to the graveyard to special summon, and sometimes you won't have scythe.

x4 all solemn isn't awful since you're not paying many life point costs, but it gets pretty bad, especially if you need to summon clown every turn.

x3 solemn x1 vanity

That's my thoughts on it

Thanks. I'm looking for another level 4 that I can SS for free. Clown does make it hard to use Strike late in the game.

Lightsworn and Cloudians. Just plain fun to play.

I used to roll Heroes back in the day, now I just get my YGO fix with the vidya.

Here's a budget deck for locals my friends threw together for my buddy who has no deck for the time being. Its an update to an assault mode deck i had around since 2010. I kinda want to make this semi-viable but I don't really know where to go aside from scarlight

Red-Eyes forever. Haven't touched Yugioh in forever

Try Heroic Challenger - Thousand Blades

He doesn't subvert the life cost, however he combos well with E.M. Trick Clown, as Trick Clown is not a direct cost but a self burn.

1 rank 4 a turn is pretty good. I'd cut Effect Veilers as they are losing presence in the meta with Kozmo being the most dominant TCG deck.

You may also want to run Double Cyclone instead of twin twisters if you need more effects to pop your artifacts, however that isn't something entirely necessary considering twin twisters is popular right now.

You may also want to run Foolish and cut Call just to have another way to get Trick Clown or Thousand into the grave.

Also, you might want to run torrential just so you can be more responsive, remember you can always activate torrential just by a normal summon of things you want in the grave if you want to activate it during your turn.

x3 Effect Veiler -→ x3 Heroic Challenger - Thousand Blades

x1 Call of the Haunted -→ x1 Foolish Burial

x1 Dark Hole -→ x1 Torrential

and replace Trishula with something you like

Or just cut another Solemn for Foolish

Has anything happened to Infinity? Last I remembered people were making entire videos just for dealing with that card and Ptolemaeus was conveniently banned when it was announced in TCG.

Well, here is the deck I made with the Eyes of Blue, it is problably shit, since I have never being good at deck building. Go all out, user, tell what I did wrong

Archfiends are one of the greatest archetypes.

Infernoid is the shit.
or, at least, was because of fucking konami fucking our shit up

for prices, use tcgplayer if you're a burger, and yugiohcardmarket.eu if you're yuropoor

the resonator deck has no glaring flaws, any changes would either need testing or be personal preference. gospel is a nice tech, user.

the artifact deck, i have a few ideas.
i've said it before, i'll say it again: maxx "c" is the best handtrap. pretty much the only meta matchup where effect veiler is relevant/better is monarchs. i know being able to trish is nice, but i don't think it's worth it this format.

do you really need that much destruction?

claw of hermos and red eyes fusion are not as good as you think they are. you both have to commit your entire turn to that fusion, and have to run summoned skull in addition to red eyes, which is just one more brick card. use pre-preparation of rites for your ritual
replace galaxy cyclone with twin twister
get rid of gold sarc, it's not great

run 15 cards in extra deck, no exception (outside of monarchs). there's no downside, and those other 5 cards might just win a game here and there.

use kinka-byo. it can revive black metal dragon, then you can send both to grave to contact fuse Beast-Eyes Pendulum Dragon, and proc metal dragon's effect

compulse isn't great any more, because it targets. use a "solemn" trap instead, probably warning.

sadly i can't find my red-eyes list, and it's been a while, so i don't have any sample list for you, and can't remember any other techs.

(checked)
can't help you much user, i barely know the deck. i just know players tend to summon that spirit dragon synchro a lot, so you should consider running more.

The more I think about it I'm fucking pissed about something like Shaddoll Nephilim being outright banned. Wasn't she the biggest strength of the entire deck and vital to it even working?

I guarantee those faggots at Konami of America aren't remotely professional when talking about what move will make more shekels. This is unacceptable and they shouldn't be the sole determining factor of the banlists when they're not even doing their fucking jobs properly.

someone give me a gem-knight profile that can beat monarchs
best i've come up with is this

six samurai, at least while they had gateway. even more fun back in 2010-2011
ojamas for being confusing to play against
nordics for having the best boss monster

Kaijus.

All the floatyness of Yang Zing, The mindgames and disruption of playing Artifaptrixes and the sheer "HAHA YOUR MONSTER IS MINE NOW" of the playing brain control back in the day.

try this, if you want a fish deck
#main
Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth x3
Rage of the Deep Sea
Royal Swamp Eel x3
Piercing Moray x3
Swap Frog x3
Nimble Sunfish x3
Nimble Manta x3
Nimble Angler x3
Fishborg Planter
Ronintoadin x3
Dupe Frog x3
Treeborn Frog
Raigeki
Moray of Greed x3
Creature Swap x3
Foolish Burial
Salvage x2

#extra
Crimson Blader
Scrap Dragon
Colossal Fighter
Stardust Dragon
Stardust Spark Dragon
Goyo Guardian
Downerd Magician
Gagaga Cowboy
Daigusto Phoenix x2
Herald of Pure Light x2
Gachi Gachi Gantetsu x2
Armored Kappa

i'll get right back to you after i find the cure for cancer

this user gets it.
yosenju kaiju > rank 8 kaiju > greydle kaiju

This deck was around way before Twin Twister was a thing. Thanks for the advice though, I'm gonna revise it.

If I wanted to make a Six Samurai deck with literally nothing that isn't the original (Kamon, Yaichi, Nisashi, Yariza, Irou and Zanji) besides Grandmaster, would that still be cancer or would it be an underdog deck that relies entirely on teamwork?

The A. Forces is all they need to be fun as shit and overpower tons of monsters they couldn't individually.

Yup, Shaddolls depended on Construct, without her they literally have no engine to speak of.
Besides, it has always been like that, they almost always kill old top tier decks to make way to the new decks, otherwise they wouldn't sell well.

Very nice deck, though I was rather trying to make a Hope Shark turbo, which didn't really work well thanks to the shitty support for fish types, so I made it a r4.dek, and it doesn't work well either…
I guess I'm gonna have to scrap that deck.

Suck this dick.

It's like you don't like to have fun. Also the new spirit seems nice but, isn't worth the trouble to get out.

I need all the destruction I can get going up against Kozmo and pendulum decks. I'll add the changes.

Been playing relinquished on DevPro, works alright
I find that I can't deal with anything tier one, consider the deck revolves around monster effects

I kinda wish there was a community banlist that wasn't shit, something that promoted alot of good decks, yet killed off some cancer

Someone should tell me a deck to make

If you want to have fun just play OCG. The japs actually care about the game and try to make it balanced which is why the hit BA, Pendulum, and Monarchs.

downvote.

The japs actually like traps, fucking amazing
Gonna play ocg for a while, see how it is
Danka

Some eye grabbers if you guys don't look

E- Hero Stratos
Morphing Jar
Monster Reborn
Super Poly
Card Destruction
Harpie's Feather Duster
Solemn Judgment

Gateway of the Six

Book of moon
Gold Sarcophagus
Allure of Darkness
Bottomless Trap Hole

Also I'm liking the anime.

Arc-v is great

It's like japan likes heros or something
God it keeps getting better

Well, this is my infernoid deck.
Fucking neutered and all.

Holy shit. Is the left image from Arc-V? I already found out from looking up porn that Alexis is randomly back. How crazy is this series going to get with its crossovers?

Are you crazy? You have free tribute fodder RIGHT THERE on the opponent's field! Punish them for trying to come at you!

Nikitama was made so you could tribute a lot more often for the tribute spirits. They are meant as tools to be used when you need them. Having it just be a rank 4 deck is kind of a waste when there are plenty other decks that do it far better with far better engines. If you play spirits, you should focus on what makes them great.

Also, Tsukoyomi isn't really that great. Amaterasu can easily be gotten out if you know how to play spirits well, as well as Hino Kagutsuchi I've done it a lot of times, its easier than you might think.

I was wondering when someone was going to post Traptrix art.

I love E-Heroes, the toolbox fusions are always fun.

Spell counter based spellcasters are also great, Blast Magician is probably my favorite card despite being trash. Are they at all viable against newer decks (not tourney viable obviously, but for casual play).

Very crazy. They are already finished with the Synchro dimension. I like how they made Jack, the duel with him and Sergei was one of the best. Kuri vs Dennis was also good.

Post some more tips please. I see what you mean about the rank 4 engine, it's ok but a little slow in this deck and I didn't even think about stormforth.

Thank fucking goodness. I hated those faggot Tops and how the City worked with a passion.

Mah nigga. Pic is one of my older builds. I haven't bothered updating it since I lost interest after the game kept getting shittier and shittier. Shame that the new spirit is set only, if it could work normal summoned it would be worth running.

Also, who else plays Hazy Flames?

Sorry. Only newer decks are viable against newer decks. Konami basically power crept the game so hard that every new pack is set rotation.

You mean my "old-but-was-already-extremely-outdated-when-I-made-them" Cloudian, Clown, Dark World and Gren Maju Anti Meta decks are even worse now?

Cloudian, Clown, and Gren Maju have never been viable due to lack of solid support of ability to have a coherent game plan, bar Clown Control, and Dark World had its few years to wreck with Grapha and falling down shenanigans, but yes, pretty much everything except the new batch of decks that have come out in the past 2 years is unplayable in any capacity.

I meant dragged down. Had archfiends on the brain.

Chaos Dragons? Merlantean? Mecha Phantom Beasts? Fire Fists? Fucking Evilswarm? Constellars?

Is there even a different clown deck?
Such silly things as power creep or meta are not gonna stop me from playing those dumb old decks. I do want to win sometimes though, so I guess I'll try some of these newer archetypes sometimes, like Madolche!

Absolute cancer, they were one of the top decks years ago.
See above.
Not broken enough to compete.
See above
Were top tier a few years ago
Not broken enough to compete.

see >>9301267

Just play the OCG or with friends with a different banlist. Yugioh TCG is all about "Since I have more money I win." (Except for Monarchs) If you look up TCG tourney decks its the same 4 decks. OCG tourneys on the other hand have many. It's more fun and balanced over in jap land. Also some of the cards that do good over there get a rarity bump so that it'll be more expensive over here. Pic related, She was common in OCG but secret in TCG

OCG: ygorganization.com/ocg-05092016-ocg-japan-and-china-decklists/

TCG: yugiohtopdecks.com/?filter=Last 3 Months

I do already play with friends using house rules only. And OCG may be less retarded than TCG, but it's still fucking retarded and a long ways from a truly balanced game.

checked

Explain.

Plus any and all broken shit that neither list agrees to address. The game needs a reset or ban on 90% of all cards released since the xyz era began.

That is fucking inexcusable.

it's going to be common in the upcoming Structure Deck Yuya.

Why would Yuya use an Archfiend? It's not his style at all.

Because ebin splash-able cards.

There are many ways to stop him from going off.
It's fine at 1, but I can see how it can be shitty first turn.
It needs an errata but, I rather deal with it the deck needs it
You get punished for setting all of your cards like a novice.
A combo extender

I agree that the game started getting shitty with xyz. Most of the rank 4's are stupid.

A little too late. I only see it ran in PePe and by then it's probably going to be limited to 1 like most of the deck. They're trying to make Dark Magician and Blue Eyes meta right now, same when they banned Excition Knight to make Pendulums meta.

Counters don't justify a broken card.
It's fine at 0.
Erratas in a physical card game are retarded slippery slopes, and if the deck can't exist without this cancer, the deck deserves to die. We need to bring the game down to gatewayless six sams, not break every deck to bring them up to the level of konami's idiocy.
How is getting a free wipe fair in any place or time?
No restrictions, topdeckable game turner. Use COTH for balanced reborn.

I love that. Glad to see Thousand Eye Restrict finally made it off, though I worry how he might be abused today with all the crazy new shit.

Watching a C101 get snagged by Relinquished would be priceless.

But it can get Feather Duster'ed :^)
I don't want to deal with the 3 bottomless and two strikes my opponent has set, domain of the monarchs or pendulum cards
But they got gateway back so that they can compete with newer decks. I want to keep using old cards and not having to buy new ones everytime a banlist drops
You get rid of a shitty hand while messing up your opponent. How is that bad?
Judgement dragon does almost the same thing and can still attack you directly for 3000, even 6000 if your oppoent has two in hand. At least Chaos Emperor goes along with all the cards

I haven't really seen people using TER that much. He is a nice instant fusion target for spot removal thought.

Pendulums are already broken fundamentally, you can't fix them by bringing in a broken card that indiscriminately harms the game.

Which is why we need to bring the game down, not break every deck. Newer decks are broken? Tough shit then, ban those fucking tumors instead of making six spams another flavor of cancer.

For no cost either. Exactly why that's not a fair card.

I want Judgment Dragon on the banlist as well, I'm well aware of how broken he is.

CED was nerfed hard with the errata that probably led to his unbanning or resulted from it. If you want to use his effect, it can't even be the turn he comes out.

Though, still I'd argue only decks that can pull themselves back up with only one draw even make this remotely rationable while like Raigeki, which was one of the first to ever get the hammer this infamous only furthers the divide between newer and older decks. Also, Judgment Dragon is slightly less worse because you can prepare to deal with it when facing Sacksworns. Any deck with a single LIGHT and DARK Monster teched in, which is almost guaranteed with any good build nowadays can go off after shielding him for one turn.

Judgment Dragon does need to get banned, especially with all the support his faggot archetype has. He's too powerful with basically only positives for the deck he's run in.

I strongly believe this fucker was responsible for the power creep we now suffer today because it was tolerated.

Honestly, in my opinion the original Six Samurai don't need Gateway, just reliable search and a means of getting more than one at once.

Kamon and Yaichi destroy backrow, Yariza can hit directly for 1000 every turn, Irou and Zanji can destroy nearly any monster and finally Nisashi gets 2 attacks. All of these effects can be activated in one turn and they can quite literally take one for the team if they have to. These 6 monsters alone when used properly are quite powerful and it's a shock cheap shit like Legendary ever ruined the archetype.

You still haven't responded to them.

No matter what this is the current game state. You can get rid of almost any troublesome card easily. What decks are you guys playing that can't deal with these cards? Also while JD is bad he is the LS boss monster, most boss monsters have crazy effects and he can only be ran in LS. It's not like hes in every other deck like. And the thing with six sams is that even with gateway no one is using them.

We have IDs here Mr. 72

It's not like hes in every other deck like BLS was.

SALT STORIES:

GG, no re.

The best part of fighting new card only decks is using early shit. Things like solemn wishes+ supply squad has fucked over so many peoples attempts to burn me down.

God bless him.

This. Gagaga's can make any level from 1-8. Gagaga Head will make them sorta good when he comes to TCG.

I don't see why I needed to be reminded of that. I was waiting to see how you were going to reply.

Also, user's not exactly wrong pointing out counters don't justify broken cards because even if I Bottomless'd a JD there's still 2 more along with whatever your opponent has to SS at the moment. Yes, counters exist, but you won't always have them ready for the very cards you put them in for. I could use a Maxx C, but that won't matter if they have the resources to take you out in that turn, especially if it's later in the duel.

I can't believe how little porn she has. Something about her seems more lewd and less innocent in a way.

there is no lewder magician girl.

That's the whole point of the game, sometimes you have a good hand and win and sometimes you have a shit hand and lose. It's a game of chance and counters increase you chance of winning.

flap related. what a slut.

I'm not following any of this.

As long as you have the Heart of the Cards your hand should never be shit.

Shes a reference to cosplay hookers in nippon.

I don't know about that. I had some pretty shit hands over the years of playing.

I haven't played Yugioh in over a decade. Is there a decent starter pack to start off on for current play or has the card game gone to shit since then?

What a delicious whore.

The pendulum starter decks if you want to be a pepeslut, monarchs to be fotm and v for victory if you want to git gud quick.

Sure that isn't just the art direction? Her hair just looks dirty blonde yet somehow simultaneously lighter than DMG's and it's sexy as fuck.

Thanks

Or the Heroes Strike to make people cry.

I got back in when pendulums came out and honestly your best bet is probably getting into Xyz cards.

They are cards in your side deck you summon with 2 or 3 matching level monsters. The monsters dont go to the graveyard but stick to it as 'material' you can detatch to the graveyard for special effects.

Theres a big yugioh thread on /tg/ thats got a lot of posters in it, try asking for more stuff there.

If you like sucking dicks, go right ahead.

Run Dark Law in triples while you're at it, why don't you?

Wait, are Masked Heroes decks viable?

No dank law is just the must have win button for some decks now. his price is getting ridiculous.

Though number 38 is my preffered i win button.

In case people new or getting back in dont know number 38 check out this sweet fuckin business, got the premium gold versions to boot.

Are you mad that even with the new support Blue-Eyes is still shit?

Like said he is a win more card. I suggested masked heroes because they are easy to understand and have a little rank 4 engine to get xyz out.

Isn't every board besides Holla Forums and Holla Forums basically dead?

They were for a while. There's a reason one of their new Mask Change cards was hit.

/tg/'s fucking great man, better than halfchan /tg/ since you can badmouth all the sjw infested games like magic and world of darkness without hotpockets shit.

It's sexy. I still don't know what deck to play irl. I sold all of my cards but I still want to play with my friends. I don't like most of the meta decks so I might run Synchrons for Sifr

No, and I'm glad to hear that. Maiden and Azure-Eyes when they were released seemed like enough of a boost to make him even slightly playable. As long as the new cards are fun to use.

And I don't want something like Blue-Eyes to become cancer.

Where have you been for the last 2 years?

I used to main ghostricks aka the cute monstergirl halloween deck but its a total lockdown deck my friends dont enjoy so i made a low tier deck for fun out of the new Buster Blader archetype and some xyz and synchro cards out of the recent booster sets.

Been looking into shiranui samurai lately, zombie synchro seems fun.

Not playing Yu-gi-oh.

It's really nice to see lesser known cards like Buster Blader getting even the tiniest bit of support.

Tri-Horned Dragon when, Shitnami?

yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Reflecting_upon_the_Destruction_Sword

Searcher AND Miracle Fusion in ONE card.

Rumour has it next up is a gailic folkore inspired 'Celtic Guardians' Archetype.

Too late.

I was thinking about ghostricks too but, they're a little too slow for me. I was thinking about Ruri-raptors but until they get a card that searches out their Rank Up Magics they're ass.

Be a nice replacement for things like kings consonance to get a buster dragon out the ghetto way.

when

More cancer.

Soon.

Damn it, why do the best dragons have to look so good yet be so degenerate?

I don't even know what the fuck is going on. Hope Dark Side of Dimensions is good. I know Téa /Anzu for whatever reasons looks ridiculously hot.

On second thought I'm thinking about using Buster Blader now just because of all of the nostalgia fags that will come out of the woodwork to run Waifu-Eyes shit dragon. Also the artwork is nice

At first glance this didn't look too bad, maybe something he needed, but then you realize a Level 1 can send another one to the Graveyard to Special Summon a Level 8 with 3000 ATK that was at the beginning the strongest monster possible.

And Blue-Eyes is still inferior.

I can't wait for the new Dark Magician cards to drop.

He was complete shit before he even got Maiden and Azure-Eyes. Give him a break. He was a harmless vanilla tribute that was rendered obsolete before GX even began.

It gets worst

winning with low tier is the best.

digital bug is a fun archetype so far, glad I noticed it
not too amazing when competing with pendulum and new magicians and shit but fun

Nice work. I'm also loving his super poly fusion and his DNA surgery dragon buddy.

It's no use user. I'm going to smash your dragon and it's foolish worshipers.

You forget the best part

Much salt was farmed that day.

I'd normally rant about stealing your opponent's monsters, but with Buster Blader it's priceless, symbolic and well deserved.

post deck list please.

Well its low tier for playing with my casual friends so it always changes constantly but i use something like:

Monsters

Magic

Traps

Extra deck

Its just for low tier play so theres plenty to change to make it competitive, 3 emblems, 2 twin twisters and so on. But for a booster mutt deck to play with friends it works far more often than it should and the BB stuff bar the emblems is spot on for any bb deck.

Basically i avoid most op shit for friends who struggle wtih tactics but have a few things like

you dont want to crush your casual friends in turn one but let them summon their big shit first.

Also fun tip - right now synchros and xyz are big again so i use things that return to the hand more than straight destroy.
If i send back a 8 star and then twin twister their pendulum scale that monster needs tribute monsters now, if i send back a synchro or xyz? well those cant exist in the hand and go to the graveyard anyway.

I've never heard of Twin Twister before this thread and apparently everyone's using it.

What does the card look like?

I really wish Yugioh would have full art cards.

its the new mst replacement from the recent breakers of shadow set.

discard a card to destroy 2 spells or traps. including both of your opponents pendulum scales.

So in my case i can discard bb the destruction swordsman to destroy their scale, then play whelp to summon the bb to the field then equip it with a destruction sword beast to lock the cards in his extra deck.

twin twisters is mst but combos way better.

I have force of waifus for that.

This is looking ok

LONG LIVE THE KINGU

Force of Will was fun when I last played it barring Reflect/Refrain. Fuck that card. Is there a way to play it online?

I think theres a version of yugipro for it.

gotta have your historical figures as oppai lolis good times tbh fam.

This shit late game is a fucking table turner in the best way.

Good. I've been starting to think Traps are on their way out.

Easy Beelze and Crystal Wing access.

I'm gonna laugh so hard if when Yuya eventually has to combine all 4 dragons, which pretty much everyone is expecting, it creates the next summoning mechanic for Konami to shill.

Why? He's one of the worst as neat as he looks.

the only yugioh thread there was made november. this thread has been far more active than 8/tg/ ever has been for yugioh.

Can't believe I didn't notice this until hours later. No, they just go back to the Extra Deck. Send back Main Deck monsters, but always destroy Xyzs at least. Using up their Tuners tells you their supply of Synchros are weakened and harder to bring back out while all kinds of cards can revive them. With Xyzs their deck is almost certainly built to remake them next turn anyways, but destroying most eliminates the threat entirely since I can tell you from experience Xyz Reborn is not that reliable and slow as well.

Thread hasn't bumped the last few times, so I guess this is it. Hope we can have another one once a new game releases.