User…?

user…?
hypothetically…
if some user where to be looking for ideas for an oculus game, what would you like to see?
I mean, hypothetically of course.
I want to go for something procedurally generated so I can play my own games an not get bored

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/380220/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Dinosaurs

No VR game is complete without dinosaurs.

Something to do mechs. Preferably the agile type, like AC, but not so agile that it starts to resemble ZoE.
Goddamn-it.

The only way that will happen is if you never stop developing it.

Also dinosaurs.

isn't that just ark?

Naval game where you coordinate your fleet to victory from the bridge of your flagship using actual flags in your hands to communicate.
Make your fleet composition and the enemy composition randomized for endless mode.

Dinasaur mechs

Viking simulator: combat, pillaging and dinosaur mount

Dinosaurs

You could also make your game easily moddable and end up playing the future levels your hypothetical community will create.
That way your initial playerbase doesn't have to deal with shitty procedurally generated levels and you also get to have fun with custom maps/levels.

YOU ARE THE DINOSAUR

I'm still waiting for the days when I'll finally get to experience robot pirate island.

Just fuck.

I can't believe that nigger just came in here and left with a (2)…

sorry I was coding
what's on your mind, elaborate please

What are your controllers?

Vr visor and what?

something else?

xbox controller?

motion?

Tell me and I'll make up a concept based on those.

Sex.

this is still undecided, for now I'm assuming a generic bluetooth controller with at least a directional pad and four face buttons, also the cardboard magnet but that's probably going to be the close game button.

Shit nigga, you need to have the input devices down before you can elaborate on the game.

But what's the point of having a vr visor if you're going to have a regular bluetooth controller?

There was that tank game on the original Xbox, with the fuckhuge controller. Since you sit in the cockpit and fiddle with knobs and levers all game it shouldn't be that hard to implement.
Could also have a riding game. Use the VR controllers to control the reins, and ride your animal around. Could have horses, dragons or dinosaurs

initial accessibility, both support for more expensive input methods and games that rely heavily on them come later.
unless I also implement a compatibility mode with wiimotes, but I don't think I can do that without getting sued out the ass if I ever try to sell my game.

sounds cool actually, noted.

Multiplayer roadtrip simulator.

first off, I'd want to be sure the dev doesn't talk like a cancerous chan trap

Well boo fucking hoo, sorry I triggered you

game where you play as godzilla killing everything in a giant city swatting away planes and shit

then the ultimate kaiju brawl begins

waifus

That sounds fun as fuck.

I want to see a management game where you overseer production or construction or something like that from some sort of tower and give orders and do things like that without moving.

Thing of it this way:

Alternatively, I want a VR Sentinel.

Waifus and dinosaurs OP.
Possibly dinosaur waifus.

I want a beat 'em up or fighting game with the HTC Vive. Wii's wagglan could be tons of fun at times, and I'd like to see what developers could come up with for action games on superior hardware.

Maybe you could have a brawler where you stare at an enemy to 'focus' on it, then the movement of the character with the analog stick becomes relative to the enemy (i.e. forward moves closer, back moves farther, left and right circumnavigate). From there you can move the remotes in ways that simulate hooks, jabs, uppercuts, blocks, etc. as well as items, or maybe even special moves like fireballs and spinning kicks that activate with certain hand motions (although this can be hard to pull off with the game potentially having difficulty distinguishing a special move setup from a regular move, so maybe a button on the controller can be held or pressed to signal to the machine what movements to register as what in-game actions).

Zork VR.

Katamari Damacy would be fine, too.

Not a game as such, but I would like basic tools for people to be able to recreate their own dreams (even if just the scenery), and experience them using the headset

A first person dungeon crawler like Ultima Underworld games. Or something like the first person Gothic II in VR. With a sword shaped controller, lol.

Obviously the best thing would be a Weeping Angels/SCP Containment game with some sort of camera inside the headset that can tell when you are blinking.

Make a game from the manga T-Rex na Kanojo? Nah, it wouldn't work.

Make a game about defending a sky ship that isn't gay like Guns of Icarus. Not a boat but a proper ship with some size to it, and you play as a single Captain Harlock motherfucker running around its areas with varying staff and risks like boarding crews or volley assault, so you have to strategize over where you must be to help the NPCs at critical moments. And maybe add an FTL looking quick command interface for commanding the other far end of the ship and general strategy changes.

A first-person musou game, basically. The steel ship aesthetic just makes certain sense to me and allows for some corner cutting like recycling textures and not having to create much environment far away. And certain claustophobic atmosphere could be neat for a VR game.

I only can think of this - it's different from what you want, but you don't need designated bounds, you don't move yourself.
store.steampowered.com/app/380220/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_1

Oh yeah, that exists, too. Looks pretty decent. I was really just thinking from the perspective of a VR game that one could just start making and was an interesting concept with not too much potential of sprawling out into feature creep and may fever over not being able to follow through.

*"may fever" is a noun btw if that seems like spaghetti to read

So the size of an ocean but as deep as a puddle?
those kinds of games suck and you're restricting what you can do by wanting it.

Wait, what? I thought the VR headsets just gave you 3D visuals and allowed you to control viewpoint movement type stuff by turning your head, but otherwise used standard controls. I don't want to be playing games designed around standing around a small area because you're physically limited to a normal living room size like with Kinect garbage. I just wanted my traditional games more 3D and to finally separate where I'm aiming and where I'm looking. You gotta have a keyboard or stick or some input that allows you to infinitely indicate character movement.

Agreed.

Arena combat. If you remember from Red Faction when you had the ability to alter terrain?

Keep that in an arena, give people abilities to build walls, throw water, breath fire etc.
Invent a couple neat weapons and then let them run on walls while doing it.

maybe i'm a weeaboo but go watch Naruto for ideas.

the idea is that looking around works as aiming. Youd also be able to use the controller for hotkeys or draw shapes and whatnot to create traps or complex structures on the fly.

since the controller as well isn't on the same aiming path as the headset, you could in theory cast two things at once in different directions. or combine two/three techniques into a larger strategy or combo.

Someone's already doing a russian roulette thing so an dolphin simulator it is.

I think Sims will be a staple to be as shooters are to consoles. So scuba diving, racing, horror, doing space walks, and flight Sims

if your eruotrash hopefully then they're might be farm sim

dinosaur sex

last bump before I give up

Nodev detected. Developing a game is what developers find fun; playing them is just testing.

Procedural generation doesn't make things more interesting. It just remixes what you give it. Well designed levels/weapons/enemies will always be better until we get computers that understand the concepts of design and not just randomness.

waifus and guns

My waifu is my gun.

better not be a fucking colt detective .38 special or you're fucking dead kiddo, she's mine

You're very very deluded if you think you'll ever have fun playing your own game.

I had fun playing my TFC mods back in the day

I'm cautiously optimistic to VR. I think that it will eventually take-off but not right now. It basically needs a Mario 64 of VR titles. Also, VR seem easier to market ideas to people who don't understand video games.

It's a Remington 3200, actually.

I'm not all that /k/ but I have a very close relationship with the revelli, might include it even if I do a medieval thing.

I want a first person fighting game where you also do parkour and flips and shit so it makes the camera go crazy, I want the fuckers to get REALLY dizzy and shit. It would play like first person Matrix I guess. You could be stealthy, although it would be pretty hard and interesting since you only play first person with VR

There will also be many vastly different environments to play through such as the city, the jungle, a steep rocky mountain, maybe a boat and more.

There should also be a large variety of weapons, enemies, gadgets, abilities, and dinosaurs

I've heard forcing sideways rotation on the camera makes you lose all sense of location and lose immersion, if you want to make someone go dizzy without making the game unplayable, I'd say go for SPEED instead.

Max Payne's shootdodge simulator, but with VEE ARR.

dog fight game where you have to build your own plane

High fantasy fishing game.
Just go around fishing weird shit and taking it easy in your boat.

I actually had an idea similar to this.
>this is not the time for fear, that comes later

I really like this idea. I'd change it to a short bus or a mini camper to give more of a sandbox. Or maybe have a choice of vehicles.

Maybe instead you're "tethered" to the car you can get out an walk around it but if you get to far away or out of sight you get a game over via getting lost in the woods/kidnapped by a serial killer/hit by another car/replaced by a skinwalker etc.

I lied, this is the last bump

???

What are you gonna do, save the world by catching the big evil fish?

unless he meant solely fishing, in which case
>fish then fight mythical creatures or mermaid waifus

Shadow of the Colossus combined with Windlands