America: Lesbian Planet

That's right folx, it's time for everyones favourite Queer Icon, America! Last time on America she was a lesbian, punched some villians and discovered she had a magic grandmother.

Today we follow America and her Nan as they venture into the Ancestreal plane to get in touch with Americas indigenous roots! We start off with Madrimar telling America about her peoples ancient creation myth about how lesbian godesses made their world out of being lesbians.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sokora_Refugees
tcj.com/the-gilbert-and-jaime-hernandez-interview/2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Now we timeskip to discover that Madrimar and her daughter lived in some random tribe which despite constructing homes out of sticks had boxing gloves available for people to use. Also men I guess, I'm honestly surprised about that given what seems to happen a bit later.

Anyway, everything is going fine for our latinx heroine's Mummy and Nanny until bug things force them to leave their planet for one populated solely by women. Don't ask how they reproduce, they just do you fucking shitlord.

Americas Mums meet and fall in love but America gets pissed at Madrimar for never being there for her when she was growing up. Madrimar claims she has a reason for it.

The lesbian goddesses of Madrimars tribe apparently contacted her the night America was about to be magical lesbian born and there's some hinting she might be the lesbian chosen one or some shit. Madrimar rushes off to do some shit for the Goddesses and the rest is history.

America responds to all these relevations by deciding she needs to go back to University or some shit.

Meanwhile at Sotomayor some dominatrix supervillian is planning to do evil things to Americas friends! Will they survive? Unfortuneately yes.

But we'll have to wait until next week to see how! There doesn't seem to be a letters page this week, I guess the Room letter some shitlord got in last week has caused them to shut down the only safe space for Lesbian Latinx Lovers around.

art is better than last time.
though last time wasn't really good to begin with

Well, look at that, 4chan made them to give up on the fan letter of this comic.

That was boring and stupid even by the standards of this comic.

Sure is a crazy coincidence that she learned spanglish by hanging out in Puerto Rico but then turned out to be from planet spanglish where everybody talks like that anyway. And her parent from "no boys allowed" island also drops that shit in there even though she's from another dimension entirely. Got to represent your amigxs even if it doesn't make sense, huh?

Of course the art is better. Look at the credits. It took a fucking committee make this issue.

The jokes write themselves.

Jesus wept

It will all be over soon, user. Soon.

The units sold number doesn't mean anything until they get enough issues for trade paper back. The number of issues necessary for a TPB is six to twelve. Only when it sells below 6000 units and hits the TPB number will the book be up for shit-canning.

Now, considering we're at issue #6, and it's selling over 6000 units, we all can look forward to six more issues of America.

Is she autistic? Do kids who grow up in cities and suburbs take longer to understand concept of death? Even then, how come can she not understand concept of death at that age? It would be understandable when she was three or maybe five at most, but on the drawing she looks to be at least 10 years old.

Do you even logic, Gabby?

Clearly he took all men for his harem.

Something fags need to realize is that dealing with shitty comics is like watching a car crash in slow motion. It'll take MONTHS before we see that car obliterated.

After six issues of this shit, they finally give me something interesting. Too bad they're only around for one page and don't even eat the entire planet.

Also, am I the only one that finds her origin story needlessly complicated? They've got the Krypton thing going on with the wondrous planet getting destroyed, but instead of America being the kid pushed through the portal, they make it her mom? Her mom that pushes America out of another portal to earth for other circumstances that aren't brought up? Why? You have a decent enough origin there. Why go through all the "planet destroyed, must save child" bullshit twice?

About the bug people, some enterprising user should ask Gabby Rivera why she hates the refugees in Europe, as the bug people could be seen as a clear metaphor for them.

Not fast enough.

Why can't she just be a teenage latina version of Captain America like she was clearly originally designed to be?

Why does she have to be a magical girl kryptonian with magic portal powers and glowing lesbian space moms who are both god but die because SAD BACK STORY?

Is that your OC?

Because Marvel isn't employing experienced writers with professional mindsets and senses of restraint anymore, they're hiring desperate college dropout fanfiction writers fresh off the MCU bandwagon.

All these fat, feminist, liberal-arts students are the old fujoshi's and Mary Sue Authors of the early internet, the ones who wrote self-insert shit of their favorite 'ops animus where all the hot guys fell over themselves to affirm their worldview in between all the borderline-illegible gay smut they had them pantomime for their vicarious titillation.

These people spent their teenage years retreating into shoddily constructed fantasy-world ripped-off from whatever IP was popular that month to escape being made to acknowledge all the valid mockery and shame sent their way for being slovenly, socially-maladjusted losers.

Their fiction became an platform for them to tell themselves how perfect they were "on the inside", and they were never made to grow out of it, so the line between reality and imagination became blurred for these cunts. The personal became the political when they became old enough to backalk daddy's political views, and they went on to define themselves as anti-traditionalist as possible, again using fiction to dream up what that was like and thus was Yaoi Fetishization turned into a form of Progressivist Virtue Dignalling, all thanks to this generation of sweaty landwhale twats.

Then they went off to university, where ex-Weather Underground lunatics enabled and encouraged their self-cannibalizing worldviews and means of expression, ensured that all their future fiction was even more obstinately subversive and self-indulgent, and then directed them to go poison the well of the creatively bankrupt production mills of Big Entertainment, where wannabe-social engineers exploit them for peanuts because cheap, short/term cash-ins on legacy names is the only business strategy corporate executives seem able to conduct nowadays.And they get away with it because these failed "creative types" don't care about money, they want popularity, and surely being a "hot shot writer" at one of the Big Tents is proof that they finally are popular right?

Of course they'll take the opportunity to gloat. Of course they make every character a chunky-brown stew of bad cliche and nonsensical background and unwarranted praise as a shallow, failed attempt to prop up their own dying self-worth through proxy. Who cares that people all over the world are lambasting their shit on both its technical inadequencies and the degenerate social messages. So what if sales numbers are at a decades record low and bordering on mass-industrial-crash level of profit deficit? How does it matter that people can smell the daddy issues off you through their computer screens, that you've burned every last scrap of goodwill from anyone that isn't one of your fellow self-defeating journalistic buddies whose future career-prospects are also going down the toilet. They're part of a Big Name™ now, and they're making their own self-idolizing propaganda for a consumer audience to buy like an official (((Writer))), everything else, especially how well they've actually been received, is irrelevant.

I want you to reflect on something.

This version of America is a deliciously brown woman that can punch holes through the time space continuum and has a grandmother that's a luchador.

Somehow, some way, Izzy manages to take such fun ideas, and make them soul-crushingly boring.

It's almost a talent unto itself.

Yes. I want to use what little meme magic I possess to have America remembered for the bug people that appear on a single page instead of all that other shit. Fuck America, the bug people are awesome.

You're the user, that originally drew Tomo/co/, aren't you?

That still sounds pretty shit, user

So the Lesbian Parallel was created by a demiurge who's a man? Doesn't that make America's homeworld just some guy's lesbian fantasy?

Sounds like a case of putting too many ingredients into a stew and having it come out tasting like trash.

Dude, you fuckin' rock.

Jeez, I'm guessing Mrs America never had a huge backstory and this artist is doing a 'terrific' job at making one for her?

Cause this is dumb. They don't even explain the basics like why two women can have a baby

I'm going to guess it would be gay magic. Not even a joke. I bet they'd come up with a line of bullshit about there being a primordial universal force of homosexuality that will grant gay babies out of the pink aether.

Questioning why two women can have kids would probably just trigger the target audience. They just want schlock that panders to them, not an interesting world of new logic and physics.

I honestly can't even bring myself to read this whole issue. Just skimming it is already making me feel embarrassed for these people. I know it gets said every thread but frankly, Marvel should be ashamed for putting out a product of such low quality.
Hellcat and Squirrel girl were really bad but they at least never took themselves this seriously. America is like the magnum opus of an insane Inuyasha yaoi slashfic writer.

I want bad things to happen to Gabby Rivera.

who talks like that?!

A fat, white-passing, thoroughly Americanized, man-faced puta who grew up in the States, never spoke a world of actual Spanish in her parents' house growing up, caught shit from every brown kid at public school growing up because of how much of a disgusting failure at life she was, got lectured to in college about how all the problems in her life are from being a Latina being held down in a huwhite man's world, and is now trying desperately to come off as "Hispanic" as possible to outrun the memory that, if anything, the source of her past torment was the exact opposite dynamic.

Without the hat, almost kind of a Kim Jong-Un look going on.

Soulless leftists calling themselves braves or spirit warriors or witches or whatever is sickening.

Is she Puerto Rican? I've known multiple stocky, bull dykes who were Puerto Rican. I'm pretty sure all other beans hate them too.

doesn't 'beaner' only refer to mexicans? and hispanics in general are 'spics'?

they're certainly all wetbacks.

Is it like the brown noise?

No, the brown noise makes you shit yourself. Brown voice just spews shit all over you.

souless chicanos

i think the general rule is as long as you use a term that the minority in question would be offended by, you're good.

or characerization or really anything

Doesn't bruja mean witch in spanish? How is that empowering.

sjws like painting themselves as edgy villains because they're upsetting the applecart.

in reality, they're self-interested scumbags who don't understand what they're doing and hate everyone. an sjw is just an amalgam of every bad character trait that a person can have, rolled up into a single person.

Actually, that's a quite common way to spell it in Spain. "Tira p'alante" is almost an idiom.

Hitler did nothing wrong.

Hue here. Isn't "Fuertona"'s meaning "Really strong female"?

It doesn't match the masculine Planeta, right?

Also, that fucking X. "Demonicxs". GET THE FUCK OUT OF ROMANTIC LANGUAGES, SJWs.

They embrace anything that seems rebellious in nature. Is it any wonder Jezebel and Lilith are considered feminist icons.

That sounds pretty legit because similar thing happened with me, though I didn't actually turn into an SJW I was pretty close to

This kills the Latin, mano.

Bloody space lesbians can't even give birth the normal way.
Even the newborn baby America/Ameila in >pic 4 looks like she is either:

I surprised the kitten's head is even intact. But then again, the tire tracks are as wide as the kitten's head, how small was the car?

On the topic of that, the downfall of Krypton/Clark Kent backstory was better and more understandable then this where everyone is COSMIC LESBIANS whose speak Spanglish. It just feels like Marvel approved fan-fiction.

at least cover artist is cool.

Because they associate Brujas with mexicans and not iberians.

Is there any other place I can read about America Chavez before this trash comic?

From what I understand so far from this thread, they changed her up a lot for this

I get the feeling that the writers want to prove something to their bigoted straw man by making a queer Latino girl that dies what she wants and doesn't take shit crime anyone, but in that process forgot that such a person is horrible and normal people would hate them and the things they represent.

She's been a minor character in several other series, but even then, she's never been a good character.

This is like a new breed of neckbeard, but instead of looking lame because of bad fashion choices they look lame from trying to hard to look hip. Like you're such a fucking loser that you can even make the classic Yankee+black shirt combo look bad.

She used to be a member of the Young Avengers, but even then she was never very important.

It's very likely we'll never see her again after this series ends, just like you never see any of the members of Avengers Academy anymore.

Didn't she break a chair over Danvers' head? That sounds pretty boss, I guess it's the nyorons on this book that make her a boring villain protagonist.

She had a couple of semi charming interactions with kid loki.

Kek, the bug people for Tr8-t0r v2.0.

Looks more like a Nosferatu to me.

How? She looks too fat to be Nosferatu.

America is surely the mad ramblings of a Malkavian.

No way in hell ma I reading it this time.
Just tell me if it's finally revealed that her grandmother is actually her future self.

wwwwwwwww

Nope. She's an alien from another planet that got invaded who fled to a better dimension with the lesbian star powers of her lesbian goddesses. They couldn't cement the wetback origin, so they made them immigrants fleeing a planet full of genocidal monsters to another place so they could have a better life.

Bruja means witch, and that's all it means. There is no point to using the Spanish word, other that it sounds foreign.

But she's a spic, not a spaniard. Also, isn't it
rather than
as they wrote?

Now they're even using the newspeak gender-neutral version for demon, just like they say
>[email protected] (pronounced "latinx")
instead of
but they fail even at that. Firstly, I'm fairly sure female demon is a demonio, just like a male demon, so the gender-neutral term is actually "demonios". Secondly, I think the newspeak word is written with an @, not with an x.

What? Strength-gatherers or something? Could someone explain this to me?

Demonio is already a gender-neutral term. Fucking retards
It used to be like that, but they changed it because, I shit you not, this is real, the symbol @ was opressive, because it's a letter "O" encasing the letter "a" ("o" is used for male pronouns and terms, while the "a" is for female ones). Yeah, go figure that one out.

I can't. This is too stupid, nobody talks like this, not even the illiterates
They are promoting diversity in comics, yet the only thing they can write are pure tokens and stereotypes
I just want my mexican christian luchadora who fights against crime and narcos

It's pretty clear that she is a nuyorican then. Her first language is ebonics, English the second one, and her poor Spanglish is probably a mixture of what she learned from Sesame Street and google translate.

No one knows.

now we truly have become, niggerfaggots

bump

It's important to be respectful to the demons and not assume their gender identity. What if they get offended?

i hope when they deport them, instead of taking them in, my goverment sends all those faggots to Syria, i dont want them here

THE SOLO SERIES OF MARVEL'S MOST INFAMOUS LESBIAN GAINS ANOTHER ARC!

AMERICA #11
GABBY RIVERA (W) JOE QUINONES (A/C)
THE MIDAS WAR PART 1
* America's finally found the family she's been searching for. Planeta Fuertona awaits.
* But Exterminatrix and her corporation aren't done with America yet! And their motives go way deeper than America even dreamed.
* When the Midas Corporation reignites a decades-old threat, America's newly discovered home stands at the brink of implosion!
* And the biggest danger…may be America herself.
32 pages, $3.99.

That's the same storyline they've been building for half the series run so far. Evil dominatrix keeps fucking with Super latina latinx alien lesbian

Christ, this shit sipped 9,137 units last month. Practically no one is buying it. Marvel can't be making a profit on this shit, surely!

Who needs profits when you can be all progressive and shit ?

For fuck's sake. We should have do like the english and erradicate all the southamerican tribes.

it was all the spanish mixed bad blood that fucked that place, user.

If that is true, how it is possible that the only successful people in south american are spanish descendents and all the criminals are natives?

Unless I've misunderstood Comichron, that's 9,137 shipped from Diamond, not sold. There's a very high chance that there's a lot of stores with these issues collecting dust on the shelves right now.

That's correct, that number is shipped not sold.
And, as I have seen first hand, my LCS, a Forbidden Planet chain, has fat stacks of Marvel, like Legacy #1. I don't remember how much America they had, but I doubt it sold well.
That's why I said practically no one is buying it, because if that's all it shipped, that means even less actually bought it.
And yet Marvel refuses to cancel it. It has to be madness it has to be!

They do. At least the rich class that runned away from southamerican shitholes.

No, those comics are sold. I remind you once again that the customer in the Direct Market is the shops, not the fans. Shops are the ones that order books, purchase books, and are unable to return the books should they not sell to fans.

Now, Marvel might've played the same shipping trick they did awhile back, but since I haven't heard of them doing it last month, I'm going to side that those issues were delivered per order.

heh

Ah shit, you're right. They're sold as in sold to the stores not to consumers, so Marvel did get their money, which sucks.
But I maintain that those numbers weren't bought by actual individual customers; 9,137 regular people did not buy them.
Anecdotal but my LCS has stacks of Marvel issues on shelves, especially Legacy, that aren't getting bought.
Hmm…Comichron only charts North America. Is there a site for finding out global numbers, or even just Europe numbers?

Isn't Exterminatrix from Morrison's Marvel Boy?

Her first appearance was alongside a new Teen Brigade in the miniseries Vengeance. To my recollection, she only had the standard power package of super strength and durability. Certainly no dimensional portal powers, because she spends part of the story fighting off demons in another dimension that she only escaped from with some help.

that pic looks pretty problematic got more?

Books shipped are books sold, but it's not quite the same as 9000 people buying and reading the America series. In terms of profits and money, it doesn't matter to Marvel quite as much, but each following unselling issue will lead to fewer and fewer ordered.

Yes, you are right. No, you aren't blowing our minds by pointing out that the money already changed hands when the retailer purchased every issue.

ftfy

When will it die already.

the holocaust wasn't enough

Wait, so THAT's why it was such a scandal when Sokora Refugees turned out to be by the guy who purchases trade paperbacks for the book shops? AHHHH!
Wow, no wonder the motherfucker disappeared.

The only thing I liked was the cover I'm an ass man otherwise it's terrible and makes me wanna die.

Wait, what?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sokora_Refugees

I think Hassler was made to commit Sudoku by the emperor.

She doesn't even look that brown.

Prior to America, she last appeared in the Mighty Whor.

Just like how they made Wiccan into Earth-Jesus and then forgot about him.

Daily reminder that America isnt a Spanish name

So am I, but I still think the covers shit. There's nothing impressive looking about her ass in that cover shot, get some standards.

No shit, it’s derived from Amerigo Vespucci, who was Italian. Why he got the nod and they didn’t just name the New World “Columbia” I’ll never know.

when i the next issue? i need my dose

Because he was the first person to realize that this was a new continent and not Asia like Columbus thought, hence why he called the natives Indians because he thought they were dotheads.

I'm only saying because the Character's name is America Chavez and so is her superhero name. But America isn't a Spanish name, and Fabby Rivera's a try hard spic like should have known.

Flabby Rivera is cancer

I know it's been said before but…

How in the FUCK do you fuck up something so easy to make fun and enjoyable?

columbus was italian too
you see user, america means land of fethered serpent, in aztec and feathered serpent is different name/symbol of lucypher.
you thought they went in blind? no, they exactly knew where tyhey were going.

1) He realized it wasn't asia
2) He developed the first maps of it and a shitload of incredibly important navigational methods that were absolutely necessary to reliably make it there and back.

Because no one here, even the OP himself, dared… But first the Legacy Primer pages.

MARVEL LEGACY AMERICA STORIES BEGIN HERE

The letters page is back!

Fill-in art by Flaviano Armentaro (Power Man and Iron Fist)

Until next time.

Any reason why it took nearly 3 months between issues? Or have the shitty sales finally caught up with them?

Why are they drawing Exterminatrix like Gwenpool?
Is this whole thing supposed to be AU?
I don't think these cunts read any comics except their own.

If the whjte professor was not a villain, she'd be in the right here. "Don't go out and use your powers just for tonight for safety"

"SCREW YOU AND YOUR RULES"

First white woman actually looks vaguely competent artwise when drawn head on (first and second images) while everything else is way shittier, even just the slightest angle change (bottom of pic 2) or what should be a basic side shot (top right of pic 5). This screams trace job.

If it keeps the Tumblristas at bay, its worth the literal thousands of dollars they are spending on printing. It's like the sacrificial anode for the rest of their titles, except that their other titles suck too.

Look how fucking fat that nigger bitch is. Holy shit, how did she slip by unnoticed? Did she fucking eat them?

That's so ridiculous that it could've been fun. Too bad the writer is a fucking hack and I can't understand a fucking thing that's going on.

This is just disgusting, when I remember how good Exterminatrix was in Marvel Boy.

So Izzy couldn't even create her own villain for America. Somehow, knowing that deepens my revulsion.

the gratuitous spanish in the first pic is pissing me off.
why is she saying something so formal when it's established she speaks chicano slang?
and she's saying it while doing a fast action.

Thanks user, OP here, I was origionally going to storytime the issues but I found the first issue (>>948958) boring as shit, so I decided I'd wait until the issue after came out to do a slightly more interesting story. Then that one came out and I realised I didn't give a shit about it either. Props for being able to stomach storytiming this garbage. It's honestly amazing how "Teleporting super hero versus BDSM dominatrix running the illuminati in a super-hero university" can end up being so fucking dull.

straight relationships = evil

you didn't know you were gay until you got fucked in the ass faggot peddling = ok

fuck this world

While true, is there any context related to this thread for your statement?

I have no idea what context is behind that statement and I'm not going to read the comic. Is that as hillarious and virtual signaling as I believe it is?

that SJWs and liberals peddle being gay so that it's trendy

meanwhile a guy tries to hit on a girl and that's abusive.

We should make a list of all the things this book manages to fuck up.

Why is this garbage still getting published?

Because you need to make enough for the second TPB.

Must suck for any central/south americans remotely excited for a latino/a superhero only to have them be sjw space lesbian.

I wish there was a muslim superhero female who was totally covered up and you never hear her speak or do anything, as everywhere she goes there is a stronger male muslim chaperone who has to approve of her activities first.

Exterminatrix in Marvel Boy was a fun, conflicted, flirty and dangerous character handled with sensitivity by the writer.
In the hands of the monkeys who write America, she's just another misused preexisting character roped into being villain of the week, like fucking Black Cat was in Hellcat.

Fuck all american spics. They know nothing about the spanish language and yet they use it randomly after using google translator.

as a taco, i feel offended.

Can I see more of her? I'm asking for… reasons.

I was only reading this shit because of the qt white girl, now she is gone.
Also, have some edits.

maybe its the artists way of screaming for help.

forgot that jpg cant have transparency.

Well there was Dust though she wasn't exactly like you described. She was covered head to toe in a burqa but still had grace and was independent and was very religious.

Looks I was right

Just enough for two TPBs.

I liked Dust, she was the only one of Xorn/Magneto's students at Xavier's confident enough in her own beliefs to not fall for his mutant fascist bullshit.

Is this confirmed?

Yes, look at the Gwenpool thread, also gay iceman is off.

THEY UNGAYED ICEMAN??

THANK YOU. Him and Firestar not having a comfy couple's adventure comic is a travesty.

Beautiful.

Of course not. They're going to ride that bus all the way to the bottom of the chasm.

As a writer, this makes me sad beyond comparison.

I grew up in a Hispanic area and the comic is pretty funny to read as she mixes up dialects unintentionally. To put this into perspectice, imagine if an actor switched to a New Jersey, ebonics, Wales, and Aussie accent.

Truly the battle cry of the hero our Current Year +2 deserves.

Even if she's a villain she's blatantly justified in her actions.It's like the writer had a stroke when writing this issue and forgot to reread it to see if its any good.

But user, rules are a social construct made by the patriarchy. Except if they are feminist rules. In that case you must follow them without question.

This comics is so bad even tv tropes won't defend it.

Holy shit. This is god awful writing.

An introduction of her origins, narrated by her on three pages. It could've been done in one page.
Then another whole page to recall what has happened so far (blatant padding), but it's so fucking confusing it's useless:

Madrimar=Luchadora grandma? Then fucking say it. She fought the Midas Corporation to save an old crush. So what? Demonisx? I think you mean demonixs. Llearn fucking spanish.

And then the actual comic begins with a different narrator. "Daydream. Revel in joy…" WTF? Who is saying that? That's incredibly sloppy writing, like highschool workshop tier.

Planeta Fuertona? Planeta is masculine, Fuertona is femenine. It doesn't make sense. Who the fuck thinks "Soy latina, soy fuertona, soy america"? By the way, if this girl wants to be latina, it should be América. ¿Dimelo que? Literal translation of say what? The only problem is that in spanish it doesn't make any sense. Also it should be ¿Dímelo qué? LEARN FUCKING SPANISH

deGrasse Tysion Dorms? Really? Intergalactic indigenous revolutionaries? c'mon. Leelumultipass? No… just. Don't. Chavela vargas? This is awful.

Why is the dean doing all of this shit? She teleported the mindless ones? To entrap America? What for? Why did she kidnap Canela Douglas? (also canela means cinnamon FFS) Nothing makes sense.

Who in the fuck thought this was a good idea?

I still believe this is part of some money laundering scheme.

I think the truth is more insidious. America exists simply so Marvel can have yet another book to flood the market with and squeeze out their competition.

Maybe they're trying to kill comic book stores to go strictly digital?

That doesn't even make sense. She could say ¿Cómo? ¿Qué? or if she wanted to go memecancer she could go ¿Cómor? or ¿Lo qué? which are spanish jokes. But of course this monkey of a writer is a 'latina' with no fucking idea about the spanish language.

They're not that ambitious. It's just what the Big Two always do: Try to kill their rivals.

Given their recent announcement of that all d-list female heroes cartoon, which includes America Chavez in the lineup, I'm now starting to think that someone at Marvel thought this would all be part of a genius marketing scheme: Line up new books for all these awful characters, and hand them off to shitty writers for extra brownie points, then before the ink has even dried on the first issue, greenlight production and budgets for a cartoon starring all these characters. In their mind, the next thing that would obviously happen is that all these books would be immense smash-hits that sell great and bolster that imaginary demographic of little girls and fat, brown lesbians who have been dying for comics like these. So far, all they've really managed to do is offload a few shitty series onto scholastic book fairs, which probably gives them some really wonky an unreliable sales numbers. Scholastic is likely sitting on tens of thousands of unsold issues of moongirl and champions right now… and then, they'd announce the shitty cartoon they've been working on this whole times, and the whole thing would snowball into a new branch for the Disney-Marvel merchandising universe, where the show would get amazing ratings, everyone would acknowledge these awful token diversity characters as A-listers, and then they'd all get their own movies and netflix series.

So far… Absolutely none of that has worked out.

The core of this comes down to really not understanding their target demographics at all. Or, at least, the demographics that actually care about their product at this stage.

News stands don't carry comics anymore in any quantity so where are kids gonna get comics? The FLCS? Then Dad is taking them to their FLCS. And Dad is a shitlord who looks at the trash that's on sale and turns around and gets the kid something with some actual integrity, like back issues from when writing was actually good.

Or Shonen Jump.

If you want to make a title a success you need to get past the parents first in comics or you need to make a comic tied more strongly to the films.

Some respect for cómor. It was a meme before the Internet was a thing, and the very respectable man behind it passed away recently. "¿Lo qué?" and "¿lo cualo?" could be considered a meme based on some jokes, but they have been going on for so long I wouldn't consider them cancer, unless you are some no fun allowed fag.

When was the last time a comic was made FOR KIDS from the big two. The only one I can think about is Gwenpool and that's PG at least.

Ironically, putting America's tits and ass front and center on every cover is probably doing them more harm in that regard than anything else.

Fuck, man. They aren't targeting kids with this crap. Kid's aren't money makers.

They're targeting WOMEN. Ever since the anime boom, female readers have been a rapidly growing market that mainstream publishers are desperate to get reading capeshit.

Unfortunately for them, they have absolutely no idea how to go about this.

Problem is that adult women love to read Young Adult trash like Hunger Games and Harry Potter, and celebrity books about losing weight and secret techniques where wishing hard enough makes your dreams come true… But they like to go online and pretend that they are the most voracious and well-read consumers of high quality books around. Most of them don't even read the feminist literature that they're so crazy about suggesting other people read.

That's not entirely true. The real problem is the majority of female readers want traditionally feminine leads and have no problem when big, strong men rescue or protect them. But because these people are more well adjusted (probably because they're fuckable or at least pleasant to be around), they don't sperg about it online like the ravenous danger hairs. This is where the biggest clash with the hyperliberals comes in.

They live in their bubble where all they hear is that the only good female character is perfect and don't need no man and is always "funny" in the way only obnoxious cunty people find funny. And those characters only appeal to them and no one else. If they really wanted to appeal to the majority female readers they'd have to start putting in a lot more problematic aspects, but most won't because their politics come first and matter most. They'd rather fail to the tiny applause of those on the "right" side of history then actually grow an audience.

they don't realize that their audience doesn't know what they want and often like what they find offensive.

Has anybody pointed out on Rivera or Marvel's twitter or facebook that Rivera is mangling Spanish?

If Marvel actually gave a shit about that stuff, Felipe Smith would still be working for them.

It was the only one out of all-new all-different titles that was actually good. It's a shame that comic turned into a bad team book. Why would they do that?

I would like to further correct you and point out that young women do like heroines who can hold on their own. As the other user pointed out, girls love The Hunger Games and Katniss, and it isn't like you could consider her the embodiment of the Eternal Feminine, but point is, she is still a girl. She's not this macho wannabe like America is, she's not a snarky quip machine, nor she seems to belittle men; all she is is a young girl with a bow and some guts, who is still thinking of love with soft looking boys. I would argue that's exactly the reason she is popular.

On a tangential note, what are some of the most beloved anime heroines ever, specially by girls, but also by men, like Katniss? Sailor Moon, who happened to be schoolgirls for all intents and purposes, but with powers. The author was not trying to make a statement; all she was trying to do was having some fun, and that's why she was successful. Compare to Revolutionary Girl Utena, which was trying to make a point (and despite that, it was still a pretty good anime), and you will find out it was liked mostly by men and feminists who liked the point it was making. Thing is, Utena is masculine as hell, and thus men in general can relate to her better, just like women in general can relate better to shoujo protagonists even if most men wouldn't.

I would say your average woman likes women doing things, not women pretending to be men, which is why shit like America fail.

Hey everyone, origional OP back for attention again. Time for the tense showdown between BDSM-girl and some vaguely Hispanic lesbian! Black nerd guy calls out to all the "blerds" of Sotomayor for help in fighting Americas battles and apparently lot's of people send him texts! In case you don't know, "blerd" is black+nerd. So I guess he's only really calling the for some of the students to help? Whatever! Also America isn't dead she's just in POC-space.

BDSM girl can't seem to decide if she's going to use a revolver or a throwing knife to stop Americas friends, who in response do a SYNCHRONISED BACKFLIP to turn their quad-bikes into MISSILES HURTLING TOWARDS THEIR FOES. Apperently this kills everyone but Exterminatrix who X'andria decides she'll nobly die fighting so the others can go… do whatever it is they were here to do.

Except that doesn't happen because all of a sudden sassy black gynoids and we're introduced to Yesika! Man this is exciting! Anyway, it turns out that the Midas corp have built an army of America Robots Cyborgs! Oh, and the white guys from page 4 in the first post are actually evil neo-nazi guys! What a twist!

The lead white guy has a username he's refered to a bit later on, so try and take a moment here to guess what sort of things he might have as his handle.

America can't wake up so the magic SPACE GODDESS LESBIANS from her homeworld arrive to NURTURE AND LOVE HER. Then the EVIL GENDER-NEUTRAL SPACE BUGS come but America's PROBABLY LESBIAN GRANDMOTHER arrives to fight them so America can wake up. America does so, gets told to star-portal over already and actually do some shit herself.

Anyway, the alt-right leader @altgeekpepe calls America an illegal which pisses off her supporters even more!

The alt-right get beaten up after their wooden torches get hacked or something (yeah, I don't get it). But it looks like the Chavez-bots are in position! Team Danger hair rescue that professor of whatever but in doing so stumble into a trap! One that's triggered exceptionally slowly given that between the robot Chavez's ascending and actually breaking through the floor of the cell, America has enough time to save X'andra from Exterminatrix and for her foe to go on a rant about taking over reality.

Anyway, America finally makes it to the joint professor/DNA holding cell as the Robo-Chavez's finally break through the floor. I'm not sure what use they are supposed to have in taking over the universe since they don't seem to have Americas principle superpower, as in the the really useful portal ability that could let them kill anyone anywhere with a couple of portal punches.

America easily beats her robot copies and apparently takes the opportunity to electrocute Exterminatrix to death while giving a speech on how punk Storm and her grandmother taught her she's a valuable member of society. Only two issues left!

I keep thinking this comic can't get any worse, and then another issue comes out and…it's worse. I understand the desire to make propaganda but you'd think they'd want to make it well.

Where's the tension? It took legit two panels for america to beat Exterminatrix, who has been hyped for pages, and one page for the alt right geeks to be beaten.

There's nothing to correct, user. We're on the same page. Perhaps I wasn't being clear enough, but when I said
those are 2 separate points and not intended to mean that women want a worthless heroine. SJWs want women to be written like traditional men (just more snarky and cunty) AND men to be useless. Your average woman wants feminine leads AND doesn't care if the woman is saved by a guy. Which isn't to say that she should be ONLY saved by a man.

I've never bothered with the books only seen a bit of the movies, but I imagine Katniss falls into this trapping. She's feminine, but not weak but she's no Conan either. Hell, her biggest skills seems to be that she's situationally smart and she can manipulate the public in her favor, something remarkably feminine. However, Katniss is also allowed to be saved by the guys (whose names I can't be bothered to look up) and those same women who like strong Katniss will enjoy that as well. Sailor Moon falls into this trapping as well. She can fight, but Tuxedo Mask can save her ass too. Sailor Moon isn't weaker for it and the female targeted audience enjoys the romantic aspect of a man protecting her. Women, typically, like the idea of a strong guy protecting them, as long as they don't solely exist to be saved.

This isn't propaganda. This is the deranged ravings of someone who lives entirely on social media.

I wouldn't say the comic gets worse. It's just as awful as it's ever been. It's badness plateaus.

Generally, as stories go on, we expect them to get better, more coherent or at least show us that they have some kind of point or purpose. If you get six issues into a comic series, you expect that you'd start to understand what was happening and why you should care.

America Chavez is just a series of weird shit happening to a character we have no real reason to care about.

Tension requires the writer to understand the concept of effort.

Issue 11
It's the penultimate issue folx! America has a new costume that looks like shit and nerd boy has a speech about how everyone pulled together last issue to beat unwarranted surveillance and attempts to deport America. Well, except for @altgeekpepe and friends but they're racist so deserved a beating.

Whatever, apparently nerd boy set up a surveillance network of his own to spy on people on the campus but then found someone else had done the same thing (I think this is something from the last couple of issues?) so now he's advocating they make the campus a "surveillance-free" zone, which sounds pretty hypocritical to me but then I'm a cracker talking over an authentic latinx voice or some shit.

While this is going on, America talks with her professor about how she's been learning all about the revoultionary history of her people. For those not paying attention at home, her people have never been colonised or even invaded, they're just magic hispanic space lesbians. Despite this, America apparently wants to write an independent project all about the Revolutionary History of Fuertona. Also holy shit what sort of question is "how ancient revolutionaries defeated their oppressors"? I literally have a history degree and I wouldn't even know where to start on that beyond shrugging and saying that it's too vague to possibly answer.

Whatever, only one more issue after this, lets visit grandma in her holiday home on the "Ancestreal Plane". Don't worry, I promise this won't pull a Hellcat and have absolutely nothing happen in the issue.

Madrimar takes America for a trip on the "Starling Highway to some new planet which has a giant crystal star that gives America and her family their teleporting powers. Apparently this'll let her hear the voice of the planet or some shit?

Oh and by the way Americas people are rebuilding their home planet and some ginger space lesbian looks like she's going to become Americas next true love. You know, after that boxer chick. And the chick before that.

Anyway, La Legion attack and one of them manages to bite Madrimars shoulder, causing her to plumet into the "Red Haze"! This is apparently a bad thing as Ginger the Space Lesbian informs America (I'm not really sure how our new friend discovered Americas name so fast though).

Our story ends with America wanting to rescue her grandmother but the still-unnamed ginger chick warning her that La Legion can them of their powers or some shit. I mean you could circumvent that by grabbing some of the magic star crystal from earli- WAIT NO AMERICA PLEASE DON'T DESTROY OUR CULTURAL HERITAGE/HOLY SITE/SOURCE OF SUPERPOWERS!

It's pretty amazing how poorly they attempted to force some kind of political message into this.
This reads like someone put an antifa tumblr blog in a blender and then poured it onto the page.

I know I should be used to it by now but I just can't get over how bad this all is. Not just obnoxious, but badly done. Everything feels rushed and unfinished. I hope some future writer destroys Fuertona, Sotomayor University, America, and her grandmother.

With so many of the SJW books getting shitcanned and a lot of these awful diversity hire writers getting the book, I have a tiny bit of hope that Marvel can improve.. Otherwise, I could easily see the idiots behind Moon Girl and Ms. Marvel going out of their way to reference this book and all the dumb shit in it. Even when they were dumb enough to bring in Gabby Rivera to write this trainwreck, they had the good sense to isolate it entirely. Nothing about this is at all linked or relevant in any way to the continuity of other books or events. It took them 11 fucking issues before the Young Avengers were even mentioned by name.

Rivera was so tied up in her own lesbian power fantasy bullshit that she forgot to make any of this shit matter at all. Better than having this shit all destroyed is knowing that it will literally never be referenced or remembered at all, because they are going to hard reboot America since they invested her into that one animated series they're doing. No fucking way they'll want to associate the Leeloo Multipass Sorority or the planet of flying lesbians with her once that airs.

Honestly, I would think it'd be better if the final page of this post was the final page of america. It would've been pretty nice. but i've learnt not to expect nice things from gabi

Thank you OP, now I have cancer. I can't wait for the next issue.

Strange how America is trying to do Exterminatrix a favor by zapping her sexual deviance away but good on her for doing something right for once! Jesus wept I regret ever arguing against the no-kill rule these days

Do you want to see an elderly woman doing luchadore stuff?

Is that a rhetorical question? Yes, but I know if the same person did it they'd fuck it up. And even harder

I was being serious. Mainly because the idea of elderly women wrestling seems bizarre and unappealing to me unless they got muscle and fighting experience.

Sure but it's something you can have plenty of fun with it. But it'd probably be taken seriously, or as some SJW empowerment shit. Some old lady in a singlet missile drop-kicking a robots head off would be great.

Reminder Battle Royale is way better than Hunger Games

Woah Nellie! by Jaimie Hernandez had some mean old lady luchadores.
Woah Nellie! and Hoppers' 13 really are America done right.
Not to mention being actual Mexican punk comics by actual Mexicans instead of whatever the fuck America thinks she is, Mexican, Latino, Hispanic, Brazilian, fucking planet of the fake ambiguously brown people.

Plus the Bros. Hernandez fucking UNDERSTAND STORY STRUCTURE, are you listening, cunts who write America?!

I really, REALLY want to fuck America

Reading this shit just gives me a migraine.

I admire your bravery, user. I just don't have the stomach.

This face is going to haunt my nightmares for years to come.

Im sure we can fuck it up even more.

Its a miracle in all honesty.

That cunt with the hat and the gear nose ring, is that Rivera's self-insert?

Wouldn't be the first time she self-inserts into her own work.

Christ, that's blatant.

This page always makes me wince.

lol

Shouldn't it be the other way around for the meme to be accurate?

Original drawfag here.

This is amazing.

yes, also dont forget about the midgets.

TICC!

who is man enough to penetrate and turn her into a loving catholic housewife?

Fun Fact about story structure: The famous 9-panel grid of Watchmen was inspired by the Hernandez bros. comic "100 Rooms".

tcj.com/the-gilbert-and-jaime-hernandez-interview/2/

Never knew luchadores were so cool.

that's just begging to be slapped.

So just Marvel, then.

And it's self-sustaining. Who would risk diving into this swamp now?
Especially because the real question is "who and why hired the [Unsolicited Opinions on Israel???] grade stupid hacks - and not just published their garbage as doujinshit for consumption within liberal-arts circus, but let them rape cash cow IPs?"

Imagine if the Hernandez Brothers had done America instead of this bush pig.

They did. They did everything that Gabby Rivera wishes she could write, decades ago, and infinitely better. Lesbian latinas with luchador relatives and superheroic adventures and allusions to real-world politics. Only done well.
Or was that your point?

The art is nice.

Nice!? It looks like Lisa Frank threw up after going down on Twilight Sparkle.

How do comics even still exist if they make so little money?

Use the fork, Luke…

Because DC and Marvel put out so many titles that they're the only ones able to make a profit with floppy comics.

Buenas dias chicas! It's that time you've all been waiting for- the last issue of AMERICA!

Man I can't wait for Marvel Rising, it looks so muy bueno!

That last page begs to be edited.
"Come read all our shite books, dumbass. We have gay, spider, taco-nigger man. Retard, autistic, self insert, furry girl. Muslim haram girl that would be stoned in real life girl. And fan favorite, gender flipped Spider-man."

Gwenpool died to take this shit with her.

Fucking random spanish. Fucking spics not even knowing the language we left them when we civilized them.

For someone who desperately wants to Miss Latina Street Cred, those are some really obvious names to use

Is it really over? Is the horror finished?

lel

What fucking year do these mongoloids think it is?