Is the star gate superior means of transport compared to warping in star trek?

Is the star gate superior means of transport compared to warping in star trek?

Other urls found in this thread:

gateworld.net/news/2017/10/ellie-gall-cast-stargate-origins-catherine-langford/
stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Ernest_Littlefield
syfy.com/syfywire/stargate-origins-series-cast-revealed-including-stargate-atlantis-alum
popularmechanics.com/culture/tv/a19793/the-trouble-with-the-star-trek-transporter/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ellie Gall Cast As Stargate Origins’ Catherine Langford
October 11, 2017 Ellie Gall
Fan-favorite Connor Trinneer also returns to the Stargate franchise in MGM's Origins casting announcement

gateworld.net/news/2017/10/ellie-gall-cast-stargate-origins-catherine-langford/

In ways it is superior, and depending on the size of the gate it can be all around superior. Only downsides is that whomever controls the other side of the gate can lock you out completely from that destination.

Yes of course the Stargate is superior.
Star trek is a weak show with horrible costumes and writings.

The whole thing stinks like a reboot, and a bad one.

Official "Star" Franchise Power Ranking

4. Trek
3. Gate
2. Wars
1. Search

No a reboot but more like an extension of the universe.

But what is there to tell, especially with a young Catherine? Is she going to fight the goa'uld with her bare hands?

Remember that a boyfriend was the first to travel through the Stargate.

stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Ernest_Littlefield

The problem is that she never went through the Stargate herself before the 90s. But maybe her memory was whipped.

Catherine Langford is a character whose life remains somewhat shrouded in mystery. Stargate Origins will dive deep into the adventures that provide additional context to Catherine’s lifelong fascination with the ancient artifact her father uncovered in the Egyptian desert, revealing a story that sits at the heart of the entire Stargate saga.

This teaser trailer came with the intital announcement.

More on Stargate: Origins as we hear it.

Shamus Kelley is going to look out for that Goa'uld.Follow him on Twitter!

Stargate Stargate: Origins

Yeah, I know but it was implied that they shut down the project after the experiment.
They want a stronk female character bit it doesn't fit with the lore.

*but

Don't know how they will pull that off but they said it will respect canonical continuity.

Another downside is the size. It's not practical for all out war, which is why the Goa'uld had to use motherships to take over other worlds.

Pretty much this.

Stargates are faster and more stable, however they suffer from being interfered with from the back end and majorly from being restricted to specific locations.
Warp drive on the other hand is slower, comfier and more versatile. The engines are also prone to exploding from time to time.

You had to have enough naquadah and be able to forge it into a supergate. I don't think the regular Goa'uld or humans were able to do this.

Why didn't they go back in time to libarry before it fell into the ocean,and before her BF went to it?

It would have changed the temporal continuity.

The dialing device had not been connected and they had to manually dial before they hit the address Ernest went to. The only other address they had was to the planet of Abydos, so Catherine had to go there unless they found other addresses by sheer dumb luck, which you'd think they would make a note of. Unless Origins is based on the other reality where Daniel never joined SG1. I think it's going to be shit tbh.

They said that about STD too.

Surprise surprise the jews lie!

What exactly is STD?

Star Trek Discovery

yes

MGTOW Spotted.

Thanks.

syfy.com/syfywire/stargate-origins-series-cast-revealed-including-stargate-atlantis-alum

Looks like they're just out to mud it all up.

Well the location is in Egypt afaik.

I mean… not really?

canon in roland emmerich's eyes is just the movie. he doesn't like the shows, and to him they don't exist and aren't what happened after the movie.

Uh, wasn't the stargate buried and non-functional until the military got it? Didn't it take Dr. Jackson to figure out how to even get a the gate to connect since it requires a real address?

Yes but that won't stop Hollywood from feminizing the Stargate.

How many Jewish dicks did she suck to get the role?

>>>/reddit/

Why not time travel shenanigans, remember there are two groups of sg-1 teams from alternate timelines that exist solely to allow the current sg-1 team to succeed.

The nerd squad that got stranded in egypt and browders crew that got killed protecting the stargate on the ship.

What you're saying is ridiculous considering that SG-1 was super pozzed with feminist shit in the early seasons.

I mean this on a relative basis. Stargate needs to be updated to current year standards.

SG-1 was 90's feminist, the whole "i'm a girl and I can do it too." Current year feminist is stronk super womyn and weak beta males.

How was it that Stargate didn't become some military propaganda show, or a way to push cultural Marxism?

The only real terrible episodes were about Tealc's son, and Jackson's wife.

He got cucked twice by "gods".

There are worse ways to get cucked.

Tealc told him not to be a cuckold.

roland emmerich has nothing to do with this series and anyway in the film Catherine had never seen the ring activated.

Star Trek: transporter kills you and puts you back together at some distant point in space, but it can be any destination within range, and can work backwards without another transporter. You can carry a transporter with you if you do not have a ship with a transporter. With a good quality transporter, you can be held in suspended animation for centuries.

Star Gate: does not (apparently) kill you, but you need to fly a gate out to the target destination before you can go there. You need a destination and an origin gate to travel. Physical distances can be much greater than the transporter, however. Body preservation is hard, but time travel is possible.

Sort of a mixed bag TBH.

[citation needed]

You Don't Want a 'Star Trek' Transporter Because Using It Would Kill You
Star Trek's on-screen deaths make Rambo: First Blood II look like a Disney movie.

popularmechanics.com/culture/tv/a19793/the-trouble-with-the-star-trek-transporter/

Leftypol once again BTFO

Jesus fuck who asked for this? Let the dead rest in peace already.

When is Holla Forums never not BTFO?

Does this mean a Sliders reboot is next?

I asked for this, you have a problem with that, Sir????

Quads confirmed

Not this crap again.

It destroys you and makes a copy where you want to go. McCoy was right to be terrified of the thing. I think Pulaski was too. I'm sure Bev Crusher would've been if she wasn't too busy mollycoddling Wheaton into being an insufferable twat and grooling over the captains log. The doctors know what's up.

Gate technology is superior because its was made foolproof by the ancients. Even primitives could use it. Until humans fuck up whole MW network a few times with their "adjustments" They also have transporters given by a fucking Thor and other cool aliens. And they dont fucking fail. Everything in stargate universe is build to last, while everything in star track works like it was made by a drunk asshole on his spare time. Oh wait…
And transporter not only kill you every time, it can horribly fail to recreate you. Most of star track technology is really fucking faulty and using everyday tools can really fuck you up. I bet even doors can fucking crush you.
I understand using transporters in life or death situations, but using them for casual travel is insane. Disintegrating yourself to save 15 minutes.
I wonder if tabletop rpg use d20 to determine if you die at every transportation.

Shekels dont smell, goim and dead have to pay their fair share.

40K's Warp is superior because it is the most metal method of space travel.

Doesn't Dune use something similar?

Dune basically used lsd trips as method of interstellar travel.

never seen it

that's so accurate to say

All the retard in this thread about Star Trek teleporting killing you, you do realize Stargates do the exact same shit, right?
Stargates atomize you and teleport through a wormhole.
They were based on the same tech behind ring transporters, only the datastream gets sent through an artificial wormhole instead of nearest rings.

The reason for this is actually based on real "physics" (the most likely chance for wormholes in real life)
The insides of wormholes are extremely chaotic, radiation though the roof. If you were to step in to one, you'd be ripped apart in every direction, if not given a lethal dose of x or gamma rays (depending on the distance of wormhole, which have a virtual limit i've since forgotten)
It's even explained in the film AND TV show several times.

well it's faster but at the same time stationary so it cannot be used wherever
both have their pros and cons

The difference is the chance of failure.
And you cant be
Because you are disassembled into atoms already.
Actually they send your atoms. Stargate universe dont have technology of universal matter generation.

As said, jeworms adapted SG technology to be used as short range teleporter rings. And Glorious Aaays have more traditional teleports.
But yeah, they have some limitations. And they even used them to timetravel just like in ST.
And as I said before, technology in stargate works while technology in startrack fails all the fucking time.

Star Trek tech doesn't work properly because every Trek ship has had some diversity hire running engineering.

Drunk Scotsman
Blind nagger
Woman
Drunk Irishman.

Enterprise is the only one with a compotent engineer and they were flying a prototype.

Pathetic liar spotted.
Star Trek makes a copy of you and then recreates you.
Star gate de-materialise you and move your energy then re-materialise you. Your atoms stay the same, you can put your hand in a wormhole and remove it without any harm. And it can store your energy for 48 hours as a failsafe.

I hope you get banned for spreading so much disinfo on this board.
Star Trek fans are really repulsive tgey are the Jewest of them all.

They didn't have the dial home device, but the US military stumbled into a working address while manually turning it. Catherine's fiancée, who was with the military unit working on the Stargate, went through but never came back. It was shelved after that until Daniel's arc.

Because you put your hand into buffer, not into actual wormhole yet. It disassembles you after you enter it in one piece and then sends you trough. There are some small exceptions but whatever.

it's called the "Far Gate", it goes far
we are not getting sued
I'll give it a mohawk & a wheelchair if I need to

No, in the movie they clearly say "this is as far as we've ever gotten" with only six chevrons locked.

Because the files were buried. Remember not all the agencies have all the files and after losing a man they wanted to shut down the project forever. The man ofc was still alive and tgey brought him back in 1997.